[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alternate reality game tips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ChosenOne.gif (990KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
ChosenOne.gif
990KB, 300x298px
hey x! so me and a few friends want to start an arg, and we'd like some tips. anything would be appreciated.
>>
>>18151037
what are your objectives with this?
what are you aiming for?
>>
Just a suggestion, this might be a better source of info for you: https://www.reddit.com/r/ARG/
>>
1) If you're going to involve media, plot it out well in advance. Make as much as possible in advance. I'm talking pictures and sound/video here. Trust me, trying to do emergency recording and editing, or photoshopping while under the clock is not fun!

2) Make sure that everyone is on the same page and knows their roles completely before you do anything. Anything.

3) Select your target audience carefully. They have to be receptive to your rabbit hole, provide enough interaction with your project and each other, and be able to solve the puzzles you make (if any). You don't want to include high math puzzles in an ARG that targets history majors.

4) Never ever step out from behind the curtain. Once you do, people start to lose interest. Only step out once it's done.

5) Do as much writing as you can in advance, but be prepared to throw it all away on a moment's notice. They will likely throw your a curve ball. The difference between a run-of-the-mill ARG and a great ARG is by how much railroading there is. Find other ways to get the plot back on track.

5) If you make an update schedule, stick with it, no matter what, unless plot demands otherwise. Then make it clear what is going on, in-character.

6) This was the hardest lesson for me: Once you go live, remember to sleep. It's easy to get caught up in it, especially if it becomes popular. Sacrificing sleep, school, or real-life obligations isn't worth it.
>>
>>18151060 sorry for the long reply but its really only for fun as i enjoy recording + editing lol
>>
>>18151083 I'll check it out!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.