[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Umbanda/makumba thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: images (9).jpg (23KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
23KB, 443x332px
Does anyone know much about these african/Brazilian religions?
>>
i'm brazilian. it's basically our version of voodoo/hoodoo. more like voodoo, which is the religious version, as I understand about voodoo?

you make sure to stay away from anyone involved with it and never to cross them or make them mad. the general feeling is that if you get entangled with it you're in it for life wheter you want it or now.

people who are willingly involved with it are the ones born into it or who can't help it.

desperate people in dire situations go to it to try and turn things around, or vengeful people who want payback. my dad to this day has an entity who hangs around him because of the time on his life where he knew who worked with it (he was born in the state where it was everywhere). the entity is supposedly just a watcher of sorts, doesn't seem to mess around with him negatively.

I don't try to look for any of it or ask around because it's not a good idea.
>>
>>18150442
I know that talking about the watching spirits can attract them so you don't have to answer if you don't wish, but what happens when the spirits of santeria/voodoo are crossed?
>>
>>18150449
same as any others. You get a new invisible friend with superpowers, but he's bigger than you, and can do things you don't even understand.
>>
>>18150442
Im asking because in on the edge of initiation and im told ossiam is the orisha who holds my head, the people i know who are involved dont appear to be bad people. In fact i would say tho opposite (can only talk for umbandistas as i haven't met any makumbaros)
>>
if you're getting initiated into it, you'll be perfectly safe. in fact, you'll be safer than the average person. you may get some entity nagging you here and there, but it'll be beneficial to you, since they'll get attached to you the right way.

you'll be on their good side.
>>
>>18150456
>Telling who holds your head.
>....on the fucking internet of all places where thusands can see.

Just stop now. You're already in trouble and making dangerous mistakes. Initiation will just make it much worse.
>>
>>18150495
im sure op is safe, we are all anon anyway
>>
>>18150370
Been to a couple "terreiros de umbanda" and my grandma was a friend of the family that ran one of them. People who went there were all peaceful and nice. >>18150442 is talking about kimbanda/quimbanda, something like the left hand version of umbanda, those guys are hardcore but not as bad as santeria.

Umbanda is pretty much ok, everybody is friendly, peaceful and nice. They preach peace and love too. It is not uncommon to see members fully committed to charity and helping society in general.

Quimbanda does blood and animal stuff and they deal with "bad" entities too. Umbanda rarely does it if at all and uses food, drinks, cigars, plants and other stuff instead.
>>
>>18150370

They're suitable for niggers.
>>
>>18150495
There is no harm. As a medium myself, I've had several conversations that revolved around our head moms and dads. Not like anyone of 4chan understands much about it anyway.
>>
>>18150370
Is it related to Dinduism? or Wewazkangzism?
>>
>>18152938
Nope.
>>
>>18151252
>>18150456
off and on again fling of mine is an umbandista, 100% chill, polite, very educated smart and kind.
I think Umbanda has a bad reputation because its outside the norm like the rest of the diaspora, but from my personal experience, it's fine. That said I am a hoodoo/voodoo person, so it felt pretty normal to me.

>>18150449
>what happens when the spirits of santeria/voodoo are crossed?

quick lesson for those less aware, but interested, since this thread seems pretty smart.

Santeria and most of the south american diaspora traditions are based in the Yoruba traditions (and the other six tribes of the seven african powers) whereas voodoo/vodun is primarily Dahomey in origin.

Their spirits are primarily the same and heavily syncretic with one another, to the point that they're nearly interchangeable and some people recognize them as being at least compatible if not identical (ellegua/exu/legba is a primary example).

Asking what happens when santeria/voodoo spirits are crossed is thus a little bit of a problematic thing to answer since technically theyre different traditions with different answers, but in my experience when a lwa/orixa/power is crossed, they are a little pissed about it, but being the beneficent entities that they are, their punishments are usually more about teaching you a helpful lesson than trying to kill you. The diaspora's traditions don't really revolve around fear in the way of abrahamic faiths. The spirits are seen as powerful but not fearful.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.