[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey there /x/. I am developing a spirit theater/horror show and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

Hey there /x/. I am developing a spirit theater/horror show and I have been researching topics and such to provide a truly terrifying experience. What are some myths, fables, legends, or superstitions that truly fuel your nightmares?
>>
>>18146250
I'm going to be and will be there by the time you reply but:
>The Jersey Devil
>Mothman, specifically the MIB/Indrid Cold shit and other phenomenon that surrounded the base sightings
>anything extraterrestrial; strange UFOs/abductions

Pretty much only supposed real-life accounts scare me. Ghost stories rarely scare me. Strange cryptids and aliens scare me. Perhaps because our society now sees them as more plausible. Specifically, alien abductions. Something about being intruded upon while you are asleep and vulnerable. I could go watch Blair Witch tomorrow and go home and get some sleep, but if I watch a Youtube "alien sighting" video or read about abductions, I will need to sleep with the light on.
>>
>>18146574
Mothman is good. I only live and hour or two from Point Pleasant.
>>
File: KingInYellow_AF.jpg (36KB, 473x282px) Image search: [Google]
KingInYellow_AF.jpg
36KB, 473x282px
Bump
>>
>>18146250
i don't get that macro. i live out in the middle of nowhere and there are always bus loads of asian tourists.
>>
>>18147758
LOL
>>
>>18146250
If you need help from a reputable writer, come back and let me know.
>>
File: 3_2329.jpg (567KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
3_2329.jpg
567KB, 1500x1500px
>>18147773
I'm basically trying to make like a seance show type deal that I could run 3-4 months out of the year to help close gaps in the household budget. I wanted to move away from the spirit boards and crystal balls. I don't have a lot of folks to bounce ideas off of, so if you got some cool ideas fire away.
>>
>>18147808
Well, if you want it based on actual events, I can't really help you out. I have pretty good googlefu, but it would mostly be ad hoc.

However, I have extensive experience writing and editing in a variety of formats. I've had short stories published, and 12+ years experience being a dedicated horror movie fanatic. I'm also one of the original authors of some of the slenderman pastas, but that's more anecdotal than anything.
>>
File: 1473888246038.png (4MB, 1000x4748px) Image search: [Google]
1473888246038.png
4MB, 1000x4748px
Skinwalker stories are always awesome! This one is by far my favorite
>>
>>18146250
Stuff rooted in reality and imagery that seems like reality, but off has always freaked me out. When you try to hard to be over the top disturbing I think you lose the suspension of disbelief, subtlty and realism thats distorted is what I think is truly spoopy
>>
File: 90520247_250x250.png (35KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
90520247_250x250.png
35KB, 250x250px
>>18147822
>>18146250
The idea is to have a group of folks in a room, at a table, for around an hour or so and engage them with story and activity. A mystery, perhaps. Something that would leave them feeling something watching them a week after. Something truly horrifying. I have looked into Chambers and Lovecraft, but I can't seem to find ways of adapting the stories of producing my own based on them, because I don't think I know enough about The King in Yellow or the Elder Gods.
>>
>>18147845
Sorry, meant to respond to your post as well with that one. Typed the wrong numbers.
>>
>>18147932
Ive read a good amount of l9vecraft. His whole deal was it was an antimythology. It wasn't supposed to be that connected, you don't need to know a ything. I also like the type of story where man stumbles upon something ancient and forgotten while doing something normal.
>>
why is there a comma between why and we?
>>
>>18148517
I just need to come up with an object. History, story line, etc, will come from that. I am pretty handy at prop making.
>>
>>18146250
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vyw_FGIhAE
veh wey scawy
>>
>>18148672
Sounds neat.
>>
what people do on behalf of what they believe is also interesting.

a lot more real carnage to explore with evidence.
>>
>>18148815
Like what did you have in mind?
>>
File: king-in-yellow-nogunarmy.jpg (949KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
king-in-yellow-nogunarmy.jpg
949KB, 2000x1500px
Bump
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.