[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a thread about humans that dont seem quite human?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 20

File: IMG_0853.png (390KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0853.png
390KB, 750x1334px
Can we get a thread about humans that dont seem quite human? The "uncanny valley" ya know? Personal experiences get bonus points
>>
Just stepping in to say that I hope they stop with this extremely retarded meme idea of making robots look extremely human.

look at these abominations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0_DPi0PmF0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBxB6SDzW4
>>
Check out the real men in black.
>>
>>18141534
The reason you shouldn't talk about ufo sightings is because the real ones could be spy planes or something of that nature.
>>
File: blind archer.jpg (96KB, 657x644px) Image search: [Google]
blind archer.jpg
96KB, 657x644px
>>18141458
Theres really not much to go on..

I encountered a man once while walking my dog in the park near my house. My dog is a large german shepherd, very intelligent, even amongst his breed. He fears nothing, no man or beast. That day he encountered something he had no prior notion of. It looked and smelled like a man, but wrong. My dog was scared of him. Very strange. I got the impression that my dog felt some hidden danger trying to mask its true nature. He barked in warning, to me, at that thing. He never barks, at people.

There's nothing particularly special about me, in the esoteric sense. At least nothing that I can easily pin down. But, i've always had an open mind about these things, and I've always believed, and FELT all these things, So i trust myself is what I'm saying.

He was a middle aged man, white, 30s, of a darker complexion and heritage if that makes any sense, but pale, starved of sunlight to the point his skin was not even pale, but almost, sickly translucent. His hair was long and black, loose around the shoulders, wavy. looked clean enough but.. greasy. He had the outward appearance of what i guess could be a "basement dweller"... long white socks and nondescript dad-type newbalances and some thrift store white shirt. My skin crawled when I looked at him. Filth. Universe's effluence.

I had the impression of something picking the appearance of someone that, when looked at, ones gaze would slide right off. Oh, just another geeky freak. But eyes gave him away. He asked me about my dog, whether or not he bites, and whether or not he could pet him.

Rex lost his shit at him then. And there was hunger in his eyes. For life.

And I growled at him, like a primal beast facing another thing in the darkness, and fucked off.

so thats my story
>>
>>18141622
You growled at the guy? I wonder who is the psycho in this story
>>
File: I feel witchcraft upon me.jpg (53KB, 638x476px) Image search: [Google]
I feel witchcraft upon me.jpg
53KB, 638x476px
>>18141622
My friend just told me about his encounter. Last night we spoke of this very topic.

When he was very young, in his native poland, he saw what he described as "one of those small shriveled up wish-granting hands" on the ground. So he picked it up, but for whatever reason he chose to reject it, and threw it down.

And as he rose he said he saw a creepy little hunched over old-lady watching him. And she spoke to him

"Why did you throw it down, it was meant for YOU." and so he fucked off

that is his story
>>
>>18141633
Me. I'm the psycho in this story. But it doesn't make any of it less true. I choose to accept and embrace what I am and where I come from. And from it I take great strength. I am what I am and I bleed confidence and strength of will.

My enemies fear me and their women desire me. I long ago accepted my "psycho-ness". I overcame it and fed on it.

Accept and overcome your weakness, grow stronger. RISE
>>
>>18141622

That was just Russell Brand!
>>
>>18141699
>> *tips fedora*
>>
>>18141699

My pussy is literally DRENCHED!
>>
When i was about 7, i was with my mom at the local laundromat. We were poor so i was at the arcade games just looking at the screen. Then some older lady whose description i cant seem to make out, came up to me, sad some words while holding my heads, she then handed me a lot of dimes, like coins. My mom then sees this going on and slaps the coins out of my hand and tells the lady off. Confusing event of my life.
>>
File: 1471829564345.jpg (23KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
1471829564345.jpg
23KB, 590x350px
>>18141699
check those dubs, those are the dubs of a psycho!
>>
>>18141699
You are just so fucking hardcore!
>>
File: 1419792447447.jpg (187KB, 800x689px) Image search: [Google]
1419792447447.jpg
187KB, 800x689px
>>18141711
>>18141705
Yeah, in retrospect that does sound a little gay.

But, nothing I said is untrue. People are attracted to confidence. I happen to be confident, and attractive. There's nothing wrong in trying to be an example of what we could all do. I'm significantly more humble irl, but here I don't put on airs.

To get back on topic..

In my opinion the "uncanny valley" response is mental alarm system of sorts. It gets triggered by certain stress patterns learned during our development as a species. Just like long slithery things and small multi-legged things, large dark shapes in the night and the smell of rot.

How many predators hunted us on those long dark nights? Is it so hard to believe some could imitate us to a degree? And that those that survived their predations passed those abilities on? I think so.

And then one night, we had enough, and put on their skins, and went out to hunt THEM.
>>
File: 604812-2159-22.jpg (42KB, 260x156px)
604812-2159-22.jpg
42KB, 260x156px
We've been through this before. You saw either an autist or a schizotypical person. Flattened affect does mean that person isn't real. For fuck's sake, anon.
>>
>>18141798
No.

And you're right. We have been through this before. And will again.

Your efforts are becoming more and more transparent daily. This is /x/, and you try to feed us that tripe? laughable. We all know autists and schizos. This is not what we speak of.

Can you feel it? Coming like a storm over the horizon? Full of old promises and vengeance. I can smell the stink of your fear, pet. Do take care of yourself.
>>
File: enthusiastic.jpg (212KB, 1268x1695px) Image search: [Google]
enthusiastic.jpg
212KB, 1268x1695px
>>18141699
>that whole post
>>
>>18141773
You kind of have a point and all, but this isnt really what the uncanny valley is about, I think
>>
>>18141699
anon, please.
>>
File: It's time to stop!.gif (842KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
It's time to stop!.gif
842KB, 480x270px
>>18141848
come on man.
>>
I can almost smell the wolf shirt and dorito drenched kitana itt
>>
>>18141699
>I bleed confidence and strength of will

You bleed? Pussy.
>>
File: 1413864446209.jpg (142KB, 450x768px) Image search: [Google]
1413864446209.jpg
142KB, 450x768px
>>18142006
I'm a polar bear shirt and fritos kind of guy actually. And I make war hammers. I like the directness.

But, anyway...

I met a witch once too. She sold acid. And when I met her I was tripping heavily so don't take anything I say without a grain of salt, but the point is this. I think there are two different types of entities that wear a human mask. Some have given up their humanity, for power mostly, and some were never human to begin with.

The witch was weak, and sold herself to the darkness for some supposed peace and a feeling of being loved. pretty lies.

But that shit poisons you on some level, it corrupts and warps and twists us. Some can see this, some can't. But I think that looking out for it, and knowing the signs is so very important. Look deeper, question the motives, what there is to gain by deception and by truth.
>>
File: Subhumans-cover-rough.jpg (54KB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
Subhumans-cover-rough.jpg
54KB, 400x374px
>>18141699
this is the quality that I expect from tripfags
>>
The cult leader in this movie is one of the best examples I can think of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f2BG43JW0o
>>
>>18141622
>of a darker complexion and heritage

sounds like you saw your first nigger
>>
>>18141622
I do think that animals have an intuitive sense that's generally more active than your average human in society but to trust your dog's "insight" on something like this, to the point of questioning whether that guy was human or not, is kind of silly. Dogs aren't rational thinkers, they aren't aware of the myriad varieties of human beings, they literally live in a little bubble you create for them, their lives revolving around food, treats, tennis balls, and walks round the corner. To think that a dog can somehow assess a human being's complex history and psychological makeup is just ridiculous. I like dogs, I'm not hating on them, but I can see how they could easily misunderstand a human's presence or disposition. It just doesn't calculate in dog thought, all the complex aspects of human life compared to woof woof woof.
>>
>>18142367
I disagree. It is not silly. I'm not saying dogs can assess someones history and complex psychological make up. They can assess ones HUMANITY. Or lack of it.

But now we're getting into the question of what that humanity is. The nature of it. I know that if I opened that man up and subjected his material form to every test it would show him to be, human. I know that. But I equally know what is not. And so do most of us. I certainly don't understand it, not for lack of trying mind you, but I know enough to trust my intuition. And my dog's.

Anyways, all this is moot anyway. Those that know and agree with me, do. Those that don't, do not. Some will see, when faced with Darkness, they will understand.

Just don't think you are any weaker, or stupider for considering the impossible. It certainly considers you.
>>
>>18141798
There needs to be a /psychology board for you trolls to diagnose there. Perhaps, you should go to /adv and assess those asking to be assessed there, or /soc so you can rate.

> JUST STAY OFF OF /X since you apparently do not understand the concept of the term paranormal.
>>
>>18142176
That documentary was goat. It makes you wonder how many cults exist out there.
>>
File: 31232.jpg (57KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
31232.jpg
57KB, 550x550px
>>18141699
>>
>>18142137
>tripfags
>clearly a namefag
also you're an avatarfag so you're one to talk.

we're all fags here, just some are more faggy than others.
>>
>>18141699
wow nice meme >>ciao m'lady
>>
>>18141511
That chick is hot.
>>
>>18141458
There are a lot (many thousands at least) of aliens in human bodies just living among us in many of our cities. Once you know of them they stick out like a sore thumb. I used to live in a place where there is a shitload of them. I had a friend who was moving there and I told him to watch for them, I basically said hey there's a bunch of non humans in human bodies up there, and he was like, well there goes mr tinfoil hat taking the piss again. A few months after he had moved up there he called me and said, man the fucking aliens are everywhere. Some places have more than others. They are definitely weird as fuck though.
>>
File: autism-speaks.jpg (135KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
autism-speaks.jpg
135KB, 1500x844px
>>18141699
>>
>>18141705
KEK
>>
File: nTwIYhD.jpg (121KB, 1152x699px)
nTwIYhD.jpg
121KB, 1152x699px
Quit feeding the tripfag and post more unsettling shit.

This thumbnail is the reason I quit watching Cheers on netflix. Uncanny Valley as fuck, all those dead eyes in this poorly shopped collage.
>>
Saw a golem standing under a street light one night, 3 other people in the car with me saw it too
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 750x832px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 750x832px
>http://www.cubo.cc/creepygirl/
unff...
>>
>>18143235
How to identify alien in human body?
>>
>>18141699

nothing personnel kid
>>
>>18143266
Well, the ones of which I speak, I refer to as 'alien' for want of a better. Could be demonic or something else. I know how it sounds but anyways, I was in a involved in a program with the aims of development of certain specialized abilities (this is a whole other story), and my eyes had just kind of been 'opened' to a lot of things, if you will. A rude awakening. Traumatic. The reason I was reminded of them is because the uncanny valley is a close way of describing them, but they are still on this side (clones?) of the valley compared to the current generation of 'androids' we see now in development. They just seem 'off', and it really helps if you have developed or are naturally have empath type skills.
>>
File: 28810.png (96KB, 432x360px) Image search: [Google]
28810.png
96KB, 432x360px
>>
File: giphy.gif (495KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
495KB, 500x384px
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 584x433px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 584x433px
>>
File: iage.jpg (89KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
iage.jpg
89KB, 512x384px
>>
Do Titans weird anybody else out?
>>
>>18141773

No, I've met you, you're ugly, inside and out.
>>
>>18143349
Yes. Titans bad.
>>
>>18141773
>I happen to be confident
You saw some autistic neckbeard, and you got so scared you growled at him.
>>
>>18143498
He tried to scare the neckbeard with his own neckbeard
>>
>>18143295
How do you recognize them again?
>>
>>18143350
prove it
>>
File: fire-girl.jpg (32KB, 600x450px)
fire-girl.jpg
32KB, 600x450px
>>18142367
Some sense otherness. Others sense what their owner/handler is thinking and then act on it.

>be in junior high
>out walking
>meet enemy by coincidence
>he starts saying insults about the dog
>dog is thin and ugly, but midsized and made of strong sinew
>dog understands nothing
>I start pulling on the leash; he can feel the tension building
>he tenses up
>got the clue! Time for stage two
>Slowly let out the leash until he's got room to reach the enemy
>Got clue #2!
>Sics 'im
>Goes right for the neck
>Enemy is quick and gets away with just a helluva scare
>"I didn't order the dog to attack at all. AssholeAnon was insulting him and then he did it aaalll on his own."

So dogs are decently good at picking up what their human wants them to do. On their own, mine usually treated most people the same unless they saw something quite obvious about them.
>>
>>18143295
roleplay faggot get banned
>>
>>18142429
this is some hardcore role play shit
>>
>>18143349
I find them terrifying
>>
>>18141622
>And I growled at him
What a fag
>>
>>18143266
Check out fleshgaits.

Also, Hillary Clinton.
>>
>>18143349
They're made to be. They're very human but they're off in some way. Aside from the whole "giant, naked, no genitals, and awkwardly long limbs".
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.