[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has no one tried to debunk aleister crowley?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: 1470119010882.jpg (11KB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1470119010882.jpg
11KB, 260x195px
Why has no one tried to debunk aleister crowley?
>>
>>18141337
Do you know about the beatles interest in him?
>>
because he is real?
>>
>>18141337
people believing in shit believed his shit
people not believing shit, did think that was such obvious bs that it didn't need debunking
>>
>>18141377
You have a statement with no data to back it up. How dissmissive of you.
citation needed.
>>
File: crowleypyrhat.jpg (40KB, 317x378px) Image search: [Google]
crowleypyrhat.jpg
40KB, 317x378px
Because, as inaccurate as he was, if he hadn't been such a public icon of mysticism, places like /x/ likely would have never existed. He planted seeds of darkness and arcane sensation into the western mindset, and for that, we owe him much.
>>
>>18143753

Pretty much. He's the 600# gorilla of the modern occult.
>>
>>18141337
Because first he's dead and second he worked with magic, a concept that is debunked by itself outside the community of actual practitioners/believers. That means serious skeptics or scientists won't bother with something that's already debunked, and the actual community believes in it.
>>
>>18143753
You can't be serious, our minds have always and will always tend to make up shit and be attracted to mysticism. Of course /x/ would exist without this shit eating faggot, humans like the paranormal naturally.
>>
>>18143785

WTF are you babbling about now?
>>
>>18143597
>magic is real, prove me wrong
lol
>>
>>18143789
>if he hadn't been such a public icon of mysticism, places like /x/ likely would have never existed
Here, for the ones with short attention spans.
>>
I think most people believe he was just a showman and a fraud. I'm inclined to agree with them.
>>
>>18143803

So, when pressed, you can only repeat yourself. Got it!

>>18143806

lel
>>
>>18143811
Are you a child? It's incredible how you can mess up comprehending a couple of very simple posts
>>
>>18143827
>Are you a child?

And now you go on the attack.

Fucking brilliant! I bet your mother's so proud.
>>
>>18143827
>>18143832

Crowley had fun and bragged about it. That really pisses off the basement dwellers.
>>
>>18143832
I'm just seriously puzzled, my first response was very clear, you asked what I was talking about, I quoted the exact part I was responding to, you then implied I was quoting myself, and now you are acting as if you've presented any arguments and I'm just attacking you. It's incredible. Now for an actual attack, pay attention you schizo.
>>
>>18143840
>I'm just seriously puzzled,

Very unlikely.

> pay attention you schizo.

lel

And you expect to be taken seriously, kid?
>>
>>18143840
He's trying to troll, just go to the point with short questions and they stop.
>>
>>18143848
>Very unlikely.
Well you are right, I figured out you are completely incoherent a couple posts ago.
>>
>>18143852

Nah. You're just looking for an easy mark, hoping for the emotional validation you seek. Sad!
>>
>>18143862
Yeah yeah, so is it genuine retardation or
>>18143850
is anon right and you are just pretending?
>>
>>18143868

Getting a bit desperate. This just isn't going well at all.
>>
>>18143872
A bit of both it seems, got it. Well have fun with that.
>>
*snorts inappropriately*
>>
File: YaY!.jpg (21KB, 300x238px) Image search: [Google]
YaY!.jpg
21KB, 300x238px
>>18143811
>So, when pressed, you can only repeat yourself. Got it!
Translation: Derp-de-derp-DERP!
>>
>>18143892

Yep. That's what I got out of it.

I love the way Crowley drives them batshit. It's hilarious. Little fuckers don't even know what they're trying to argue.
>>
He was a great manipulator. His talent for manipulation was even used by the British secret service.
>>
>>18143753
>places like /x/ likely would have never existed.
>>
File: All seeing eyes.png (138KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
All seeing eyes.png
138KB, 375x360px
>>18143907
This, I think he was more of a cult leader like that of Chuck Manson than anything, his use of drugs on this occult members, the book that "Aiwass" allegedly gave him for them to follow, it seems like forms of manipulation and control. Even after his own wife left him he couldn't resist have some form of control over her and had her committed to an asylum. Meh, we all have known guys like him...
>>
>>18143951

1/10

At least you didn't drool into your keyboard.
>>
>>18143961
That's odd, I thought the school year already started...
>>
>>18143753
>/x/
>Real

Time to stop posting anon
>>
>>18143799
Thats not at all what I was implying.
Fuck off cunt. learn to discuss or get the fuck out of here, Fuckin trash.
Also The winged beetle cunts. The fab four were all up in that shit. fucking look it up
>>
File: kevin.png (463KB, 583x525px) Image search: [Google]
kevin.png
463KB, 583x525px
>>18143972
>>
>>18144143
/x/ is a shit tier tulpa, I know
>>
Not sure exactly what you mean by 'debunk' but here a few things worth considering:
Aleister Crowley read huge amounts of books on the esoteric. He developed some very complex and very complete theories on esoteric matters. He saw himself as a teacher for the New Age of Aquarius and he managed to produce extensive amounts of literature on magic (he spelt 'magick') and esoteric subjects. Most were based on ancient traditions he had studied.
AC was bisexual but more into men. He lived in England where homosexuality was an actual crime at the time.
He was not into black magic or satanism. He called himself 'the beast 666' in reaction to the Catholic Church, who saw him as 'the most evil man on Earth'. AC was into rituals and sexual magic. He did some complex sexual rituals with men and women and tried producing a 'magical child'. Crowley was using cocaine, heroine, hashish, psilocybin, etc. very heavily and for some of his magical experimentations.
So, he was not an evil black magician, like most would have you believe: He set the bases of a new type of belief-system where magic and esoteric are integrated into a philosophy of life. He called it 'Thelema' and it is based on this: "Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be the Whole of the Law - Love is the law. Love under will"
...So, here is for the debunking!
I hope it helps!
>>
File: 1469310525255.jpg (219KB, 888x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1469310525255.jpg
219KB, 888x1280px
>>18141337
Gets checked to 1337 status.

Confirmed. Unlocked Central Dogma.
>>
File: 1472088594767.jpg (138KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472088594767.jpg
138KB, 1440x1080px
>>18141337

Pattern: Red
Demon Confirmed!

AC was a homosexual child raping/murdering addict with delusions of grandeur. He channeled some evil fucking shit dressed up in light and reason. His work is the foundation of what many celebrities and college kids practice as a religion with or without awareness. Most musicians are Crowlians.
>>
(** Note: I've used the word ESOTERIC but read OCCULT; the meaning is similar. ESOTERICISM is more theory-based and OCCULTISM more practice-based).
>>
>>18141377
/thread

>>18143597
Fag
>>
>>18141337
See, everybody who thinks they know Crowley actually never took the time to read up on Crowley. You can't debunk Crowley because he wasnt preaching an actual thing, more of a set of ideas that were more less philosophical. You cant really debunk the idea that if you do a certain dance and say a couple of spooky words you'll get what you want because their isnt much substance in that to debunk. If you said something along the lines of if i really think long and hard, a few electric magnetic wave will come out of my head and make things that i want to happen actually happen, of course you can debunk that, just use a machine that reads for electrical magnet rays and point it at the guy's head. For God's sake, Crowley as an old poor opium addicted man taught a college girl magick over a series of letters for free. It be easier to say the guy was insane.
>>
>>18143951
Of course the man was a great manipulator, he was incredibly evil and cruel. He probably got off on watching his followers grovel to him. Put how can you compare Crowley to a man that would literally kill you if you thought of leaving his cult? Crowley made it very clear that if you wanted to leave, you could've. He wasn't stopping you. The moment some dude made it very clear we was leaving the Manson family, charles beat him to death with a shovel. Manson wanted power and control, Crowley wanted to reach new levels of enlightenment.
>>
>>18145501
>AC was bisexual but more into men.

Not really.

>He called himself 'the beast 666' in reaction to the Catholic Church

Nope. His mother, a member of the Plymouth Brethren, called him that.

>>18146097

Sad!
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.