[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can we change /x/ for the better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 61

File: 1474227021869.png (7KB, 768x90px) Image search: [Google]
1474227021869.png
7KB, 768x90px
How can we change /x/ for the better?
>>
Too late. We allowed the roleplayers to infiltrate and now if you ban roleplay you will have a dead board.
>>
Remove conspiracy theories
>>
Lower our expectations
>>
>>18140974
How much lower can they go at this point?
>>
File: moment_040.jpg (13KB, 203x270px)
moment_040.jpg
13KB, 203x270px
>>18140872
Fuk u m8 i hope ur next shit is a hejhog!!!
>>
>>18140916
But I'm not roleplaying. Some of us really do come into contact with things beyond the physical realm. You think I come here for fun? For an armchair perusal of strange oddities and spooky pictures?

No, I come here to find others like me because this is the only kind of place one can go without standing out as a weirdo in our modern, skeptical and dismissive society.
>>
I think generals are a good idea. One for media and fictional entertainment would be really helpful, theres so many movie / comic / book threads. The divination general is a good example of it actually working
>>
inb4 ban christians
inb4 /pol/ get out
inb4 ban magic(k)
inb4 inb4 ban succubus threads
inb4 it could never be good
inb4 close it down
inb4 split into two boards, /paranormal/ and /conspiracy/
inb4 split into two boards, /roleplay/ and /schitzo/
>>
>>18141023
Seconding this. /x/ is so varied in term of topics that we need these generals to keep it in order.
>>
>>18141018
>does roleplay in a "how do we fix the cancer" thread
well, thanks for being a cynical cunt I guess
>>>/qst/
>>
Hey, whatever happened to creepypastas? Is no one writing them anymore?
>>
BRING BACK AERITH or AERIS whichever fucking one it was, it's always good for a board to have a tripfag that's universally hated
>>
The idea for the board is pretty general anyway. What is paranormal? You have a few people here for spoops, tulpas, chakras, occult, mysticism, aliens, illuminati, conspiracies, psychics, divinations, and the occasional religious thumper. Some overlap, some don't. Roleplayers included on all topics. I'm sure I'm missing stuff on that list, and the board moves slowly enough as it is.

What exactly is paranormal? Figure that out and kick out what doesn't belong.
>>
File: avatar_6d871286e413_512.png (217KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
217KB, 512x512px
>>18141035
As much as I enjoy atheists putting the beat down on Christians, you fucks get really annoying here on /x/.

Why are you even here if you don't believe in the supernatural and the ability to make contact with it?
>>
>>18140872
Mods/janitors that act consistently. Not deleting perfectly fine /x/ threads for no apparent reason, while letting shit live.
Enforcing generals for certain topics. For example the fortune teller shit is no problem at all, because it is contained in /div/.
>>
>>18141053
Lot of assumptions there, mate. You are completely wrong about me, I just want roleplay to stay in the roleplay board.
>>
>>18141055
The trigger happy mods of /x/ are the greatest problem.

Every time the discussion gets interesting, it (((mysteriously disappears)))
>>
One little thing that might help - a temporary sticky announcing the creation of /his/. I know it's almost a year old but most /x/philes don't seem to have realized it's also the official board for Philosophy and Religion. Obviously there's going to be a lot of overlap, but stuff like "why do I like this religion better than that religion?" "who my religion here?" "what's the meaning of life?" sound more like what /his/ was made for.
>>
Ban and/or shun people who want to make CERN and similar research centers into new and fresh Area 51 with a plan for world domination? I'm all for paranormal stuff and conspiracies, but that seems to attract people to whom anything more complex than high school physics boils down to choice:
- modern science is complex and has a high barrier to get into gritty details. It's even harder to follow when you'll get that most of the news that get mainstream are results of 5+ years of PhD (or higher) level research. Often in large teams of brainiacs who can forget about sleep and food to do their research; often for shitty money and competing for research time and resources with similar geeks who don't have time to play Civ game, let alone plot world domination.
- aliens!!!!one~ I bet that since I don't get X Effect that CERN works on, therefore they use quantum doodad of the week to manipulate our genetic memory and/or holistic subconsciousness! I can also bet that all that maths and complex abstractions are just made-up devices to keep outsiders from being in the know.

One of the above approaches promotes inquisitive threads and cool spin on stuff… if not creepy or thrilling then at least informative. The other one is just fucking annoying and makes me want to smack people with my copy of Road to Reality.
>>
>>18141065
But my point is I'm not roleplaying when I tell stories about how I've had ghosts haunt me, throttle me or throw me around my room.

Sure, it may be anecdotal evidence, but it's still not pretend roleplay. It's a recounting of actual events in my life, and I don't appreciate fedora tippers telling me I'm making it up when these were the events that more than any others shaped the person I am today.

You get thrown about like a ragdoll by an angry ghost when you're just seven years old and see how many yuks you have at the paranormal.
>>
File: 4U.jpg (31KB, 300x271px) Image search: [Google]
4U.jpg
31KB, 300x271px
There's only one way to make /x/ perfect.

Anything that I personally don't like should be deleted, twice if need be, and as soon as it's posted if not before.
>>
Been seeing a lot of holier than thou attitudes don't know if that's still the case.
Can we stop making up bullshit, or flat out lying. Or being slightly schizophrenic.
Now on a positive note Keep up the spooks everybody I do love this board.
>>
>>18140872
remove divination, tarot
>>
>>18141070
It's a conspiracy man
>>
>>18141096

Im not a fedora tipper, nor do I think the paranormal doesnt exist. just because people dont believe anything you want to blog about to make you feel more interesting, doesnt mean real paranormal stuff isnt welcome here.
>>
>>18141106
>stop being slightly schizophrenic
>keep up the spooks

pick one.
>>
>>18141160
>>18141039
Wow, I can already see why you don't like this guy
>>
>>18141097
Apparently, you like dem massive moobs

/x/ is now for /x/treme man titties
>>
>>18141160
Please post something risible so we can all laugh at your mental illness.
>>
>>18141168
please just ignore him

>>18140872
everybody just needs to ignore trip-/namefags and other attention whores! I know, it can be hard, but just do it. Just ignore the cancer
>>
>>18141188
>And which mental illness would that be~?
I dunno, pick one. I'm sure you have several.
[spoiler]As do we all :3[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1424383271303.jpg (29KB, 600x600px)
1424383271303.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>18141188
>>
>>18141195
Delicious bait. More.

>>18141192
Wow, trying to isolate a deity from its faithful followers is not a very nice thing to do. It would be a shame if you were banned from 4chan when you woke up tomorrow, wouldn't it?

>>18141194
Even if I used to, I am a perfect being now, having ascended to godhood thanks to the help of this board, and the massive amounts of psychic energy funneled into me over the years.
>>
>>18141188
Lol. Google "Risible" and learn something.
>>
Ban religions like the Abrahamic faiths
Ban deep sea threads (That's /sci/ territory)
Ban fortune telling threads (Fuck off, self-important shills)
Ban tripcodes
Enforce thread IDs (This should be done on literally ALL boards, it's worked wonders for /pol/)

>>18141053
>Why are you even here if you don't believe in the supernatural and the ability to make contact with it?
To disprove it, dipshit
It's called "skepticism" and it comes from rational, logical minds, something you know not of
>>
File: 12345321.jpg (9KB, 320x180px)
12345321.jpg
9KB, 320x180px
>>18141212
>>
>>18141192
PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS GUY
>>
File: pink_knight.png (153KB, 1638x1435px) Image search: [Google]
pink_knight.png
153KB, 1638x1435px
>>18141212
Comes here to save /x/ from itself, such a noble anon
>>
>>18141212
>Join a board to disprove it
Man watch some anime or something.
>>
>>18141212
I agree with you, except for the deep sea part. What the fuck?! They need to stay, one of the creepiest shit to see there (at least for people who are afraid of open waters)
>>
Shitpost and flame in shitty threads to derail them whilst saging. Don't shit in good threads.
>>
>>18141253
yeah but how do you decide what's good and what's shit?
>>
File: treedog.jpg (131KB, 250x380px)
treedog.jpg
131KB, 250x380px
we bring it back
>>
File: euphoric.gif (2MB, 230x172px)
euphoric.gif
2MB, 230x172px
>>18141212
Alright, Anon Y the Science Guy, here's a little exercise for your rational mind.

Quantum mechanics.

Or, more specifically, quantum mechanics in relation to observation.

Your skepticism is brought about by close scrutiny, the very thing which makes a quantum particle cease to move.

Now, imagine a life form living in a quantum state. As such, it would phase in and out of our physical existence at will, or perhaps even unconsciously.

If you notice a pattern in ghost stories, you'll find that most occurred when the observer did not expect it - while they were asleep, taking a selfie, walking down the hall, making dinner, etc\ - and was therefore not consciously aware of the presence of a quantum being until it did something to alert the observer to its existence.

If you notice another trend, ghost hunters and paranormal investigators rarely, if ever, come across actual supernatural occurrences, because they were constantly observing intently.

Also, those like myself who did have paranormal occurrences in their lives often find that searching earnestly for more spooks makes the supernatural seemingly disappear into nonexistence, instead of the intended opposite.

And this is why - the quantum mechanics relating to conscious observation.

>But how can a mind affect quantum existence?

It already affects the physical world of atoms and molecules just fine. With research, one could discover an effect on quantum existence as well, were the law of observation not in effect.

Truly, a catch-22 that makes the more simplistic among us turn to skepticism.

Sorry if I outscienced you, m'sir.
>>
>>18141188
For a goddess you have a poor command of the English language. Thanks for not disappointing you scrofulous baboon.
>>
File: 1465796803000.jpg (68KB, 1200x853px)
1465796803000.jpg
68KB, 1200x853px
Take half the mods and janitors from /v/ and put them here, especially all the new ones Hiro hired from Reddit.

Have them clean out all the /b/-tier posts.
Then fire them permanently since this board only moves at one post a day and they're shit anyway.
>>
>>18141266
>"observer" in QM relates to conscious human being
NO
stop pushing this misconception. Just shut up about topics you dont understand. You are like a personification of the dunning.kruger effect.
Stop it, quantum-woo faggot
>>
>>18140872
>How can we change /x/ for the better?
>Post derailed by morons
>Hope fades
>>
File: 1447882046191.jpg (36KB, 639x405px) Image search: [Google]
1447882046191.jpg
36KB, 639x405px
Why change just /x/, when we could change all boards for the better with one simple step?

Delete /pol/.
>>
File: 1251342087705.jpg (24KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
1251342087705.jpg
24KB, 544x400px
>>18141314
Why bother deleting a dead board?
>>
>>18141160
Dear Aeris:

If you are a God please make my life suck a whole lot less.

If you can't do this in 2 months you aren't a God.

kthnxbye
>>
>>18141327
Is this Bizarro 4chan?
>>
>>18141314
>delete it so they all spill out into the other boards.
>>
File: 1308237195160.jpg (91KB, 447x444px) Image search: [Google]
1308237195160.jpg
91KB, 447x444px
>>18141336
No, last I heard of /pol/ was when 4chan was being sold and /pol/ (and /pol/v/) got royally rekt and fucked off to a new chan.

I haven't heard shit from the neonazis since, figured they'd all gone or were laughed into submission.

I fucking remember when /pol/ used to run this whole site, spreading their memes, charts and shit everywhere. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I haven't seen anything to remind me of the old /pol/ack empire since their little exodus.
>>
I think a /sto/rytelling board would benefit /x/.
>>
>>18140872
Bans on Roleplayers
Have threads reminding stupid people that they are not witches/wizards, vampires, psychics, and can not perform "black magick".
>>
>>18141314
>Translation:
>I got butthurt over at /pol/ so I want it deleted now!
>>
>>18141314
>>18141340
Yeah /pol/ is a containment board. You don't want to delete it and have that shit going to other boards.

It really attracts a certain kind of mindset. The whole board has become a cesspool for nazi propaganda shit posts. Any differing opinions are quickly stomped out and thread ids and flags are only helping that.

That's why /his/ was created. But /his/ is slowly devolving into the same thing, unfortunately.
>>
>>18141037
no one does anything anymore. at all. ever
>>
We really need a board for all the faggots, who want to talk and whine about /pol/ all day, even if nobody brought it up or asked them about it. Some people really want to talk about /pol/ all day long. Give them their circlejerk
>>
>>18141037
A similar thing, that happened to horror movies. All the tropes and conventions really started to make it stale and ineffective as an artform. It is getting hard for people to take them serious
>>
File: 1283153279201.jpg (70KB, 562x434px) Image search: [Google]
1283153279201.jpg
70KB, 562x434px
>>18141361
>Have threads reminding stupid people that they are not witches
I think instead we should have threads reminding stupid people that there actually are people who are real witches, because Wicca is a real and valid religion.

Also, who are you to say who is or isn't psychic? Are you psychic enough to know when someone isn't one?

Or is it because they fail your tests? Psychic abilities aren't like physical abilities - there usually has to be a strong link between the people involved for the psychic connection to be any good - otherwise the amount of interference from other surrounding minds is nigh impossible to wade through. It's like the difference between a rope and cloud storage.

Also, there really are people who drink blood. Just saying.
>>
>>18141340
>>18141366
Yeah, there was a ton of frogposting and nazi rping on all the other boards before /pol/ came around. The containment is going swimmingly.

>>18141365
>implying I post on /pol/
>>
>>18141366
>Yeah /pol/ is a containment board
4chan is a containment site - anyone who is a genuine old school elder god-tierfag goes to /pol/ on the reg.

We are /b/, we are /v/ and /a/ and /co/, we are /x/ and /his/, we are even /mlp/ amd /lgbt/. We are the purest form of 4chan, and 4chan will die off before we do.
>>
>>18141380
>We really need a board for all the faggots
We have one :O)
>>
>>18141394
>there are people who are real witches.
No there aren't. It's fantasy. Like people who live action roleplay.

>Because Wicca is a real and valid religion
Where? In a world where even Christianity is shit on, Wicca isn't respected by anyone outside of that. Everyone else laughs at Wiccans.

>who am I to say who is or isn't psychic?
because I'm not a gullible dumb shit that believes everything I'm told.

>there really are people who drink blood
Yeah. We call them the mentally ill.
>>
>>18141405
>called /mlp/
>>
>>18141398
If you don't post on /pol/ why are you bitching about it?
>>
>>18141404
This
>>
>>18141394
So you are basically saying, everybody can be anything here and that we should turn this in a roleplay circlejerk
>>
I'm against drawing lines for the rest of the board between what is and isn't real but one way we can decrease the roleplaying is to move reading threads to /soc/.
>>
>>18141436
The fact that he actually believes in vampires and witches doesn't speak much for him.
>>
>>18140872
Nothing can fix the damage /b/ did.
>>
File: 101.jpg (828KB, 901x1824px)
101.jpg
828KB, 901x1824px
>>18141404
>4chan is a containment site - anyone who is a genuine old school elder god-tierfag goes to /pol/ on the reg.
Not me. I never liked you restrictive fucks.
>>
>>18141470
>Nonsense: the Postening
Take your schizophrenia pills and try again.
>>
>>18141464
/b/ was the only board bringing lulz. Most people wouldn't have even heard of 4chan if it wasn't for /b/'s shenanigans.
>>
>>18141450
I believe there are people who identify as vampires and drink blood. They even have their own forums, meetups, willing donors, everything to make their bloodlust satisfied.

I also believe that there are people who identify as witches and practice Wicca. Actually, I take that back - I don't believe, I know there are because I used to be one and I was part of a local coven. Did we fly around on brooms? No. Did we have houses that walked around on chicken legs? No. Did we have a magic academy where the paintings talked and a basilisk roamed the underground and he who shall not be named went around attacking little children that wore glasses? No.

But we had a coven. We practiced Wicca. Some of us identified as Wiccans. Others identified as witches. One or two even identified as warlocks. We weren't roleplaying, it was our religion. For many, it still is - it just wasn't for me once I found that like most religions, Wicca too was too limiting and restrictive. So I left it.

But yes, witches do exist because witches are simply a name for people who practice Wicca.

And vampires do exist because there are people who do congregate around the drinking of blood. Was I one? No, but I looked into it for a few months, which is how I know this shit exists.
>>
>>18141491
Yeah, and we wouldn't be drowning in fags.
>>
>>18141491
>Most people wouldn't have even heard of 4chan if it wasn't for /b/
thats exactly why it is cancer. were you on /b/ lately? It is pretty much 9gag2.0 now
>>
>>18141512
I identify as a kitchen sink.
>>
>>18141404
>4chan is a containment site - anyone who is a genuine old school elder god-tierfag goes to image boards that aren't 4chan
>>
>>18141404
>tfw you wanna make a post that sounds like all inspiring and shit but you just sound like a massive faggot
>>18141428
Because /pol/ shitposting takes place on basically every other board. /x/ gets it the worst, obviously. MUHMEEMMAGIC threads are just as common as succubus shit anymore and are twice as predictable, and every conspiracy thread devolves into a circle jerk about jews/niggers/$hillarylolxD. /pol/ is a containment board like cow shit helps "contain" flies.

>inb4 I'm a niggerkikesjwcuckCTR who like seriously just got BTFO xDD :^)
>>
>>18141491
/b/ is dead now, a shell of what it once was. All that's left are threads for trannies and nudes. I mean, it's had those things before but it also had a lot other actual randomness and interesting posts.
>>
>>18141553
see
>>18141380
>>
File: frog_wizard_autumn_leaf1.jpg (30KB, 621x630px) Image search: [Google]
frog_wizard_autumn_leaf1.jpg
30KB, 621x630px
>>18141529
The only people who went to cuckwheelschan are people that joined circa 2010s. They are cancer and I'm glad they're gone.

>>18141553
>inspiring and shit
Inspiring? That's gay.
I'm a 30 year old who has been using this site longer than moot did at this point. It's more like NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEEEE

Casuals have been infiltrating 4chan for years and destroying its integrity with their Christianity and SJWisms. Faggots come here because they heard it was edgy and want to be one of the cool kids but their inherent faggotry makes them puss out, which exactly why /pol/ is a better reflection of what 4chan was once and is once again destined to be.

We aren't meant to be popular, liked, or joined. People on the outside have no right coming in and expecting us to change for them which, if you were clever enough to pick up the subtext, is also why any genuine 4channer is a /pol/lack on some level.
>>
File: thisisme.jpg (894KB, 1920x1200px)
thisisme.jpg
894KB, 1920x1200px
>>18141512
Personally, I identify as a wolf. I mean, I don't have fur or a tail, but I swear I can think like one. I can totally relate to wolves. I can even howl, and I love howling at the moon. It's just like built into me, like a kindof howllust. I have to howl at things especially at the moon.

Of course, I didn't know I was this way until I was a teenager and read a book about wolves. Then it just clicked. I'm a wolf. So I started acting like one to be true to who I really am. I started looking for a pack so now I go out into the wilds to try to connect with my wolf brothers. I see them sometimes at a local zoo and we howl together. They totally get me. Someday I hope to be a part of a real wolf pack, but right now I'm in a pack with other people who are wolves like me.
>>
Here's my prescription
>1. Get betters mods.
Our current mods have forsaken this hellhole to rot.
>2. Ban poorly made rp threads.
Some threads that are arguably RP are nevertheless enjoyable when done properly (example: I'm fairly certain at least large portions of the "face of God" thread was RP by other anons). Poorly made "I'm an alien AMA" threads and the like should be exterminated.
>3. Ban threads about scary vidya/music/movies.
There are boards for those threads.
>4. Mysticism/Esotericism threads can stay, but general religion threads should be redirected to /his/ now that it exists.
>5. Meme magic threads should be killed on sight.
Then we need a concerted effort by /x/philes to generate insightful, well researched threads to jump-start this board. Make /x/ great again.
>>
>>18141599
go back to tumblr
>>
>>18141599
>2016
>Being a furry
S'cool, I can dig it
>>
>>18141601
Oh, I almost forgot
>6. Ban threads about clearly fictional creatures
I know some retard is going to say "hurr that's everything then", but I'm tired of people making dumbass threads thinking Lovecraft's fiction was real or wondering if Candlejack is al
>>
>>18140872
There's no changing /x/. Either we let it suffer or put it down
>>
Paranormal should just be renamed "Spooky".

That way we don't have to be ashamed of all the roleplaying.
>>
>>18141598
4chan is containment for reddit, tumbrl, kids from youtube and people from facebook
>>
>>18141624
/sp/-Spooky
/sp/ is renamed /x/-Extreme
>>
>>18141601
>5. Meme magic threads should be killed on sight.
Meme magic is more legitimate than most forms of magic.
In fact, meme magic is magic and religion in its purest form - that enough people can believe something into existence. The concept alone has vast metaphysical and psychic implications.
>>
>>18141630
This desu senpai
>>
>>18140916
>still impying that it isn't infact everyone here that is playing a role
Are you literaly blind or something?

You comment here then you are taking a part.
You literaly do this.
Taking a part is playing a role.
However you want it. Now here you play the role that some people, But Not You, are playing roles.

Another part of your role here is ofcourse, that you are the problem in disguise, hinting to a behavior of either a self aware troll or an unaware mental case.

What a fucking wacko you are.
>>
File: 425632462.gif (2MB, 340x205px)
425632462.gif
2MB, 340x205px
>>18141641
>>
>>18140872
Make a time machine and go back to 2007
>>
>>18141641
is this a joke or are you seriously not aware what people mean by "roleplay"?
>>
>>18141630
Only it's never, EVER, justified with any metaphysical or physic implication. I tolerated things like tulpa/thoughtforms, because those are actually rooted in religious frameworks. Every meme magic thread is just shitposting. If you are actually interested in the magic aspect start a chaos magic thread.
>>
We need an eternal Art Bell thread. Stop deleting our Art Bell, MITD, Ballgrab drama threads. Just let us have the one and I don't mean theONE.
>>
>>18141212
+1
>>
>>18141665
but meme is magic! if you don't get that, I don't know what to say. you ought to study more.
>>
File: 1472599202445.jpg (67KB, 540x607px)
1472599202445.jpg
67KB, 540x607px
>>18141680
leave
>>
>>18141418
Disinfo agent
>>
>>18141660
>taking the role of one who wants to redirect attention away from the fact that a role has been played
I see you and your bullshit. You can't escape the lidless eye.
>>
>>18140872
punch her in the tits when she gets out of line
>>
>>18140872
Stop believing in the paranormal.
>>
>>18141624
That'd actually be more reflective of its origin than "Paranormal" was.
>>
>>18141707
>/x/ - Paranormal
>Guys this place is fucking bullshit
>There's no such thing as the paranormal
>Let's all just shitpost ironically, like the cool kids in /mu/ and /tv/
No thanks. I'll believe in the supernatural forever.
>>
File: whatDo -- .jpg (152KB, 1110x792px) Image search: [Google]
whatDo -- .jpg
152KB, 1110x792px
>>18141765
>>
>>18141765
You don't even have to believe. There are people on this board with legit paranormal experiences.
>>
I've noticed that in every thread where someone mentions that /pol/ is shitting up /x/, a bunch of /pol/lacks reliably come in and get super defensive. Is the idea of people getting tired of cross-board shitposting really so difficult to grasp that the only way to respond is to get super ass blasted and flood the thread with your little bitch ass (You)s?
>>
File: 5b2.gif (437KB, 500x394px)
5b2.gif
437KB, 500x394px
>>18141781
I know, I'm one of them.

But apparently that constitutes roleplay to these skeptics.
>>
>>18141035
Don't sent faggots over here.
Sincerely, /qst/.
>>
>>18141801
Your kind of stories is actually exactly what most people want.
What we dont want is "I'm a 5000 year old timetraveller that saw the face of god - ama"
>>
>>18141303
Haha fucking faggot you have no idea what you're talking about.

Observer has everything to do with consciousness you don't know shit.
>>
>>18141470
>restrictive
You can literally post whatever you want there.

You're just mad because you don't like ugly truths that challenge your worldview.
>>
File: can we fix it?.jpg (96KB, 656x624px) Image search: [Google]
can we fix it?.jpg
96KB, 656x624px
>>18140872
>>
>>18141833
Good point, you really convinced me there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_effect_(physics)
>In quantum mechanics, there is a common misconception (which has acquired a life of its own, giving rise to endless speculations) that it is the mind of a conscious observer that causes the observer effect in quantum processes. It is rooted in a basic misunderstanding of the meaning of the quantum wave function ψ and the quantum measurement process.
>>
>>18141844
>You're just mad because you don't like ugly truths that challenge your worldview.
Um, this is /x/.

I'm pretty sure /pol/ can't comprehend my worldview, and would just label me mentally ill for not being rooted in the realm of flesh.

Unless, of course, I said I was christian. Because christianity is the only metaphysical discussion /pol/ allows.
>>
File: 1297018583545.jpg (133KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1297018583545.jpg
133KB, 1280x1024px
I think /x/ would improve if everyone that posts in a meta-thread gets an automatic 30 day ban.
>>
>>18141598
>4channer

>When you accidentally drop the wrong lingo
>>
File: 08-Dr-Manhattan-11x17-inks-res.jpg (395KB, 544x844px) Image search: [Google]
08-Dr-Manhattan-11x17-inks-res.jpg
395KB, 544x844px
>>18141859
And yet, the only way to know this exists

Is to observe it

With your consciousness.

You will always be a thousand steps behind because you don't understand

Complexity
Layering
Multifaceted existence
Infinity

Your understanding is academic, which is the equivalent of a single grain of sand compared to an infinite desert.

Humans are frustratingly simple.

You must understand it with every single thing that makes up your entire existence to even begin to comprehend how many layers of understanding there are.

I'll give you a cheat sheet and let you skip to the chase, because I believe so little in your ability to understand.

There are an infinite amount of infinitely faceted layers to existence, all of which - and none of which - you are at the absolute center of all things.

Your consciousness is the greatest tool existence ever had to shape itself with.

Sad to see you shaped your multiverse so crudely.
>>
>>18141212
So you come here to feel good about yourself.

I just want you to hear that in the way everyone else hears it. There is noble quest here, you just want to suck yourself off.

Also
>Ban Self Important shills
>"It's called "skepticism" and it comes from rational, logical minds, something you know not of"
>>
File: 10 dollar bill.jpg (97KB, 800x337px)
10 dollar bill.jpg
97KB, 800x337px
>>18141886
this,banning for 30 days, and monetary fines attached to the ban
for the first offence I would say $10 fine
>>
File: ten.jpg (47KB, 600x254px)
ten.jpg
47KB, 600x254px
>>18141958
Yes, exactly. A plan everyone can agree upon.
>>
>>18141977
and if anon refuses to pay the $10 fine the IP address should be posted as well in a special "SHAME ON YOU" thread
>>
>>18141994
The IP is stuck with a cheapskate trip.
>>
File: 234523643.gif (12KB, 501x504px)
234523643.gif
12KB, 501x504px
>>18141958
>>18141977
>>
File: Paranormal.jpg (59KB, 1024x538px) Image search: [Google]
Paranormal.jpg
59KB, 1024x538px
>>18142005
(((haha . lol)))
>>
File: 39744 (1).jpg (107KB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
39744 (1).jpg
107KB, 500x214px
>>18142005
And fines doubled for /pol/ocks.
>>
File: ufn00b_hat.jpg (13KB, 236x239px)
ufn00b_hat.jpg
13KB, 236x239px
>>18141994
Until you have 2 weeks of proven lurk time you have to wear a funny hat while reading /x/.
>>
File: pol-:pol:.jpg (109KB, 1280x648px)
pol-:pol:.jpg
109KB, 1280x648px
>>18142018
>>
Nothing. /x/ is fine.
>>
File: 97b.jpg (111KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
97b.jpg
111KB, 600x750px
>>18142049
>>
>>18141070
This. they need to stop deleting flat earth threads. They are not for /b/.
>>
GET RID OF THE FUCKING STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: Exclamation:RED-on-BLACK:Mark.jpg (18KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Exclamation:RED-on-BLACK:Mark.jpg
18KB, 768x768px
>>18142252
what sticky ?
don't be so picky
your request might be too tricky
let's set up mighty goal and trash /pol/
with /pol/ gone /x/ will rule 4chan alone
:) :) :)
>>
Ban all mention of bigfoot.
>>
>>18141236
He's probably watched too much Sket Dance already and fancies himself a Switch.
>>
>>18142315
buy allow Sasquatch to be talked about
OK ?
>>
>>18140872
Limit thread creation to one per IP per 24 hour period.

Give us spoilers. Better yet, auto-spoiler every image.

Sticky the Halloween CSS info with instructions on how to use it. I think it would set a good tone to encourage the spooky here, and Tomorrow doesn't quite get there.
>>
>>18142493
>Limit thread creation to one per IP per 24 hour period.

>Give us spoilers. Better yet, auto-spoiler every image.

Both terrible ideas.
>>
>>18142827
Explain your reasoning, or you're just being contrary. If I've overlooked a flaw, I would be improved by having it pointed out to me.

Limiting thread creation would make spamming the board harder. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it can clear two pages before the janitor notices it. Most legitimate posters on this board are only going to make one thread a day. In the case of a long comic dump, there's no harm in spanning it over several days. Nobody really wants to post that many images at one sitting anyway. It takes hours and is extremely tedious.

We really should have spoilers. We discuss media enough that there's good reason to have them. We're one of the few boards that don't. As for doing all the images, I'm just sick of people saying they're not going to click on an image because it's a gif. I'm not sure if they're memeing or what.
>>
Remove /pol/bait threads as soon as they're posted, remove thinly veiled succubi threads, rework the sticky into occult/conspiracy/misc spooks sections and then have up to date links on the not dead websites already posted there.
>>
>>18142977
>Remove /pol/
yes get rid of them for good
/x/ rulles
>>
ban everyone who has ever posted on /x/
yes this includes me
>>
stop taking everything here seriously
>>
>>18141023
Agreed one hundred percent
>>
File: No-Christians allowed here.png (208KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
No-Christians allowed here.png
208KB, 600x600px
>>18140872
Or ban all threads with any type of religion, including Buddhism, Satanism, New Age, Muslism, and others...
or allow also Christianity threads on /x/.
Don't discriminate so bluntly because you don't agree with Christian religion, or with Christians talking about spirits, ghosts, miracles,
various paranormal events described in the Bible and analyzed on /x/ from Christian perspective.
You are allowing same topics to be analyzed from other religious perspectives (they are listed few verses before), but discriminating Christian perspective to be included.

Very unfair and primitive approach.
>>
/x/ needs to be split up into sections..

/spi/ = Spirituality, tarot, dreams, astral projection etc
/con/ = Conspiracies, Unsolved mysteries, Cicada, Pedowood, NWO etc
/ufo/ = Ufo's, Aliens, Abductions, Crop Circles etc

All boards with running Creepypasta and YT general threads.
>>
>>18143095
/con/ and /ufo/ would honestly go hand-in-hand.
>>
>>18143095
People on different boards always come up with this idea of spliting it into a shitload of very specific boards. I dont think they thought this through.
>>
>>18143106
Fuckit, why not. Just have a /con/.

They won't though. More chance getting a /trap/ board.

Oh wait... that's /b/
>>
>>18141789
>polfags scrolling past this one like 'im not touching that shit'
>>
>>18141266
I'm also skeptical of skeptics.

Quantum selfies indeed.
>>
>>18143133
If I had both /trap/ and /con/ I would be a pretty happy bunny tbqhwy senpai.
>>
>>18143133
This
>>
>>18143133
>getting a 3rd board for conspiracies
>>
>>18143085
I kind of agree. Religion threads - all religions - should get generals. Delete threads outside of those generals. It's not like the information is going to change. Us religionfags can then happy ourselves re-posting the entire canon of our faith and telling trolls how our preferred book trumps evidence and logic.

I suppose this could start an issue of who gets to decide whether a group is a separate religion or not. I wouldn't enjoy being forced into a Hinduism general and agitating the impersonalists.

Of course, the lulz approach would be to have a SINGLE religion general. Then sit back and watch the clusterfuck. Although, that's kind of what we have now.
>>
File: Bonehead-Alert-.png (98KB, 590x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bonehead-Alert-.png
98KB, 590x600px
>>18143095
and when at it let's split
/spi/ Spirituality into few sub-sections like Ancient Spirituality /ant-spi/ ,and Modern Spirituality /mod-spi/ ,
and split Tarot into Classic Tarot /clas-tar/ ,and Modern Tarot /mod-tar/ ,
and dreams split into Sober Dreams /sob-drm/ and into Drunk Dreams /drk-drm/

and let's do similar fucking splitting with other sections that you are suggesting.

Also let's create separate section for idiots like yourself Bonehead Thread /bnhd/
>>
>>18143166
> Religion threads - all religions - should get generals.
You'd like that wouldn't you because then you'd get to dominate and dictate all discussion on your particular religion. Then you wouldn't have to step out of your little box to hear dissenting opinions. Perfect.

You're so obviously knowledgeable of all things Hinduism, might as well make a general thread dedicated to spouting everything you know.
>>
>>18143180
People come into general threads all the time to argue about that topic. That's the point. It's not a hugbox.

Are you broken?
>>
>>18143170
Now you're just being an idiot.

Well done, idiot.
>>
File: M=l.horse.jpg (36KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
M=l.horse.jpg
36KB, 500x478px
>>18143182
I take that as a compliment .lol
good catch
>>
>>18141080
The problem there is that /his/ only accepts the academic aspects of said philosophies and religions. Dealing with the topics with the axiom that they are true is considered trolling.

>>18143180
>You'd like that wouldn't you because then you'd get to dominate and dictate all discussion on your particular religion.
How would having a consistent thread that I have no control over give me this ability?

>Then you wouldn't have to step out of your little box to hear dissenting opinions.
Rather, it would give us a box to put all that shit into so when you see that shit out of the box you can go, "NO! Keep your shit in your shit box!" And if you want to confront it with dissenting opinions, you know exactly where to go.

>You're so obviously knowledgeable of all things Hinduism
No, I study Gaudiya Vaishnavism and have some knowledge and a lot of resources. You would be better off asking the Aghori tripfag for info on what most would consider Hinduism.
>>
>>18143181
>general threads all the time to argue about that topic

Do you see people arguing in the div threads? No because it's not allowed. You can't call bullshit in that thread because hey, it's the div thread, if you don't believe in it, go somewhere else. If you give religions their own generals, they'll make up silly rules that say you can't say anything bad against their religion.

At least when they're not contained, anybody can come in and have a discussion regardless of what their input is, and it's not always going to involve the same namefags.
>>
Ban apocalypse bullshit.
>>
>>18143201
>in the div threads?
div ?
where is div ?
>>
>>18143201
Well okay, that's fair. I think that's /x/ specific which I can sort of understand also being applied to religious generals.

You can't call bullshit on something that isn't documented in these threads by virtue of their nature in the first place. It's awkward. I don't see why religion would be the same though.

When abrahamics pop up on /his/ you never see a hugbox there, I don't really see that translating to a general and suddenly changing to hugbox /div/ tier. maybe /omg/ where arguing is shunned, but it's still not that elitist
>>
>>18143201
That's a fair point, but /div/ is there to offer a service, is it not? I honestly have never been in a /div/ general, but I thought it was for people who are asking or offering readings. The intent isn't for the discussion of divination as a topic. I can't see people intent on talking about their religion as being so adverse to people that actually want to talk.
>>
File: apocalyptic.jpg (130KB, 960x501px) Image search: [Google]
apocalyptic.jpg
130KB, 960x501px
>>18143208
if you ban apocalypse you think it's not going to happen, lol
apocalypse is on it's way regardless you believe in it or not
>>
>>18140872
delete it.
>>
>>18140872
We need flags and IDs.
>>
>>18140872
Collective suicide
>>
File: 1382160200217.jpg (40KB, 410x550px) Image search: [Google]
1382160200217.jpg
40KB, 410x550px
>>18143402
this
>>
>>18143402
No. Too dangerous. Those that practice black magic would have an advantage.

Only half kidding.
>>
>>18143402
this would kill the samefagging industry overnight and roleplaying would become sub par due to difficulty.

Also it would turn into /pol/ like every other thread with flags + tv
>>
>>18143085
Maybe there should be a religion board.

But that means new age and atheism also belong there.

That said this rule should be relaxed in enforcement as cults and religion can be the subject of paranormal discussions eg: is possession real?/ Have you met a demon?
>>
>>18141212
>deep sea threads are sci territory

You don't understand what paranormal is.

It's not "we talk about things we think aren't real"

It's "we talk about things we think are real but aren't proven/widely agreed to exist"

This is why /sci/ and /x/ are actually brothers.
>>
>>18141994
People would treat that just like the Book of the Guilty on dark souls
>>
>>18143211
It's the divination general. Has its own sticky and everything, people use it to get readings from psychics, or tarot readings, or just discuss the practice of divination. It's actually pretty fun, even if you're a skeptic
>>
File: hqdefault.png (263KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.png
263KB, 480x360px
Ban bullying.
>>
>>18140916
>Too late. We allowed the [poltards] to infiltrate and now if you ban [poltards] you will have a dead board.
>>
Stop bitching about meditation and psychedelics
>>
>>18140872
Get all of the role playing psychologist/psychiatrists off of this board. You cannot assess someone over the internet, and true medical professionals know this. You should not diagnose unless you are willing to post credentials that can be verified by the mods. Even then that needs it's on board.

>/X is for the paranormal, and what that pertains to. Not spouting off internet diagnosis of crazy to users on this board, and debates for the spiritually deficit and atheists to shit post. For those inclined to diagnose go to /adv where they ask for assessments. For the atheists shit posting go back to /b.

>/X is not for fake/role playing aliens, time travelers, vampires, hunters, religious figures, etc. Role-playing should have it's own board. Call it /roll or something. If you cannot basically post something of merit to further a claim then do not post.
>>
>>18140872

Ban Reddit
>>
>>18143538
Faggot
>>
ITT:
>BAN EVERYONE WHO LIKES WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>>
>>18140872
/X/ needs new rules to prevent roleplaying and shitposting. If anyone open a thread implying shit like "my girlfriend is a skinwalker" or "a demon sucks my dick every night" gets banned.

Also, the "I'm God ask me anything" threads should be banned too. I know everyone is free to believe anything, but all these threads i mentioned are nests of roleplayers and shitposters, you can open them in /b/
>>
>>18143937

>>18143918
>>18143925

More BANS.
>>
>>18143926
>>18143937
>>18143939

Let me be honest here.

You can't change /x/, you can't claim that there is appropriate /x/ content, due to the nature of the posts, anyone who claims that knows what this things are for certain it's either mad or lying.

And many /x/ posters are genuine crazy, and there's nothing wrong with that, the board it's what it is because of them, remove them and you remove all of the fun or the chances of learning something outside the box.

This is not a scientific board, a religious board, o a conspiracy board, but it touch all of those topics, I read the thread mentioned by OP, about changes in the boards, and nobody mentioned /x/ or should.

/x/ is the same it always was, even with completely different posters. it's full of questions and obscure areas, and for that, you need to stop complaining about the nature of every post and look at the big picture.

Don't change /x/ and don't ban nobody if you could.
>>
I know the general population seems to be against it but a split in the board might do some good.

A few years ago /x/ had a general theme of focusing on horror/paranormal art and fiction.

These days it's just another /b/, full of trolls and a few conspiracy theorists/ true believers. Mostly trolls fucking with other trolls.

One board for people into the writing and art and another for people who just want to rant and shitpost might not be a bad idea.
>>
File: double-exclamation-mark.png (103KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
double-exclamation-mark.png
103KB, 480x480px
>>18143926
very good points.
very good.
totally agree with this anon's post
>>
>>18144002
ban stupid shit like this post.
it has no value.
>>
>>18144010

Nor does this >>18143960

Get the point yet shit head.
>>
>>18144035
I'm just here to rustle jimmies and your tears bring me joy.
>>
>>18141314
/x/ is just booty blasted because /pol/ has mastered meme magic. While you're busy trying to summon succubus /pol/ is memeing a candidate into the white house. This boils down to:
>stop liking things that I don't like
>>
>>18144052
>/pol/ has mastered meme magic
kek
>>
No more succubus shit. No more roleplay. No more "I'm a 1000 year old vampire/god/werewolf/cryptic AMA" threads.
>>
No more tripfaggotry.
>>
>>18144052
All effective magic uses memetic methods, stop parroting what other retards say in pol/ we already have our retards in here.
>>
>>18143402
IDs are a good idea. but never understood, why people want flags. in most cases they just derail the thread or invite ad hominems
>>
>>18144054
>>18144062
/pol/ is being talked about in the mainstream media. Donald trump and his son both have posted /pol/ memes. Shillary has taken pepe and labeled him a white supremist mascot, all because of /pol/. That is meme magic with actual evidence to show how much /pol/ is effecting the world. What has /x/ done that was anywhere near as big as what's going on now? /pol/ may be a containment board but it is the biggest and most popular board on 4chan.
>>
>>18143627
>>18141380
>>
>>18144083
You have to go back.
>>
File: 1387762093053.jpg (200KB, 1110x832px) Image search: [Google]
1387762093053.jpg
200KB, 1110x832px
>>18144083
>/pol/ may be a containment board but it is the biggest and most popular board on 4chan.

You say that like you think it's a good thing.
>>
File: ATTENTION.jpg (40KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
ATTENTION.jpg
40KB, 800x526px
>>18140872
LOGICAL OBSERVATION.
How come religion is now in /his/
/his/ as History, is dealing with events that happened in the past, events that are no longer existing, events not current any more.
And major religions practised today are still existing still active developing "events".

Religion should be part of /x/
And you non-believers in God the Creator just have to get used to it and deal with it like big boys.
>>
>>18144272
I second this.
>>
Anyone that posts an image related to PeePee the frog should have their dick ripped off by a pit-bull.

Just saying.
>>
>>18144272
Also from 'business' 4chan site traffic point of view allowing religion to be freely debated will increase it many folds.
>>
>>18144272
>And you non-believers in God the Creator just have to get used to it and deal with it like big boys.
If you were actually a "big boy" you wouldn't have imaginary friends in the sky.
Mentioning you're into Cucktianity should be an automatic unappealable 90 day ban.
>>
File: CRY-BABY-4..jpg (10KB, 236x295px) Image search: [Google]
CRY-BABY-4..jpg
10KB, 236x295px
>>18144318
stop being big boy cry baby
>>
File: this anon is monkey.jpg (83KB, 1024x360px) Image search: [Google]
this anon is monkey.jpg
83KB, 1024x360px
>>18144318
so you are admitting that you are a monkey
that you evolved from a monkey that your mother and father are monkeys
go and have few bananas sounds like you need potassium .lolololol
>>
File: 1308714176851.jpg (110KB, 733x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1308714176851.jpg
110KB, 733x1090px
Clearly what needs to be done is that anyone that even thinks about /x/ should be banned for 111.01 days. Also, the game.
>>
>>18144346
yes cancel /x/ and create /rel/ religion board
X the /x/
>>
>>18141018
>Some of us really do come into contact with things beyond the physical realm
>>18141053

This.

If you can't accept the premises of /x/ conceptually you can do something else. If I don't like a topic I ignore it. I've never wasted time attacking people over something that doesn't interest me. You should do the same.

Conclusion:

>>18140872

Ban people for criticising the topic of a thread. If we're talking of "shadow people" for example, we are not interested in posts telling us it's "roleplay". Share your stories or get out.
>>
>>18140872

SERIOUS POST

I would like to see /rel/ Religion board created but divided into two sections.

First section:
"Christianity-the True Religion"
Second section:
"Other-False Religions"

that would satisfy everybody
>>
File: laughing satan man.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
laughing satan man.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>18144342
>>18144324
What's that? I can't hear you over the irony of you using proof god doesn't exist to say god exists.
It's okay, normal people understand you religious folks are basically retarded children. You're forgiven for using our technology.
>>
>>18144342
weak bait
>>
too late, this board is fucking garbage lmao
>>
>>18144376
>censor differing opinions
>>
>>18144385

Some new age forums do not allow criticism, it works fine.

If you don't agree with someone, instead of attacking them you have to come up with something of your own to explain in a non-critical way why you think you have the right view, without adressing the topic negatively.
>>
File: Plankton from Atlantic Ocean.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Plankton from Atlantic Ocean.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>18144382
what do you mean weak bait
it's not a bait at all.
if you don't believe in God the Creator than you believe in Evolution, there is no third option.
And evolution takes you from plankton that grew legs and claimed out out of the ocean and evolved into monkeys, so non believers are evolved from monkeys.
There is no other option for you guys.
Or you were created by God the Creator or you evolved from plankton.PERIOD
>>
>>18144400
>Some new age forums do not allow criticism
nazi and communism do the same.
no criticism
simple totalitarian technique,it works fine.
>>
File: vava banga.jpg (176KB, 1500x1566px)
vava banga.jpg
176KB, 1500x1566px
Lets be real guys, generals are the only threads that keep this board alive, so even if it sounds drastic, the whole board should be ''only generals''

Its the best course of action for the board, regardless if /pol/tards like it or not.
>>
>>18144408
>disregarding all the other religions

Yeah, fuck off.
>>
>>18144428
>generals are the only threads that keep this board alive

Seriously this. All the other threads are basically a static of incessant shitposting and autism.
>>
Create a separate occult board so we can do tarot divination and succubus fucking in peace, and the rest of you can keep /x/ for creepypasta or whatever it is you want on /x/.
>>
>>18144431
you have very poor reading skills.
I never said in my post anything about any particular religion, and all religions believe that we were created not evolved from plankton, so relax please.
here read it again what I said >>18144408
>>
>>18144428
Uh, no. Generals help keep common topics under control, but we don't need an entire board full of them. That's stupid and you should feel stupid.
>>
Cut down on the kiddos making threads to find creepypastas. There's hardly any originality anymore.
>>
>>18144447
good point
generals are idiotic idea
>>
>>18144400
this isnt your hugbox. we want actual discussion and views to be challenged
Censoring is the last thing people want on 4chan
>>
>>18144456
You're an idiotic idea
>>
>>18144456
You just like being contradictory, don't you?
>>
>>18144408
>getting called out for baiting
>keeps baiting
thats not good sportsmanship
>>
You can't fix /x/. It's a well know fact that cockroaches can even survive a nuclear blast.
>>
>>18144467
OK smart ass give a third option how humans come to be.
1. Created by God.
2. Evolution.
3. .............. ?.

fill in with intelligent concept the 3. or STFU
>>
>>18144483
Just fuck off and quit derailing the thread with your garbage.
>>
>>18144465
why ?
where did I said opposite
>>
Just open a /con/ conspiracy board. If I want to read about nibiru, i shouldn't have to wade through 6 pages of people pretending to be wizards before I come across a thread where I can be called a tinfoil hat wearing retard.
>>
>>18144487
First you were all, let's make the entire board generals!

Now you're like, no generals for anyone!

What we need is, generals for some, miniature /x/-tan plushies for others.
>>
>>18144447
>>18144456

We do need those 100 thread of shitposters asking ''is this real?'' dying with 3 post but staying in the catalog for days.

Or those threads asking the same shit over and over for eternity.
>>
>>18144492
I'm all for this, actually. Tinfoil threads here are getting tiresome. Add a board where we can direct religious idiots, and we'll clean up /x/ pretty good.
>>
>>18144501
With the latter, you can just hide the thread and move on with your life without having more pop up all the time.
>>
>>18144494
show my post where I said to make entire board generals,I never said that,so FuckOFF
>>
>>18144504
No need for /con/ since a lot of conspiracies have paranormal influences. I'd go with /rp/ a board for recreational purposes, basically all those wizards.
>>
>>18144521
Right here >>18144456

Now calm the fuck down.

>>18144535
Whatever helps clean this place up.
>>
>>18144548
Oops, I meant here >>18144428
>>
File: vxsRBjz.jpg (60KB, 500x735px) Image search: [Google]
vxsRBjz.jpg
60KB, 500x735px
>>18140927
I personally enjoy the conspiracy theory threads. I want to get rid of all the rp and how to summon succubi threads and amp up the nope, greentext, spoopy media, legends, ayylmaos, and general oddity threads
>>
>>18140872
How do we change humanity for the better?
>>
More /nope/ threads and less conspiracy
>>
>>18145111
Trips confirm
>>
>>18143522
>This is why /sci/ and /x/ are actually brothers.
They're not though.

Half of /x/ is literally about spooky stuff. It doesn't have to be paranormal or correlate to any real experience. It doesn't have to be scientific in any way. It just has to freak people out. Paranormal is getting lumped together with Horror. Which is fine, I have no problem with that. But I think it's important to remember that this happens to be a horror board as well.

How do you separate simply paranormal and horror? I don't think it's possible. Which is why you'll have people who really want to have discussions about the supernatural and the roleplayers that want to create horror stories, etc.
>>
>>18144272
yeah discussing religion on /his/ is from a scholarly historical standpoint. if they want to discuss the supernatural implications of religion, they will be forced out of /his/. this is really the only other place for that.
>>
>>18141418
Dude, Wiccan soldiers buried in Arlington have pentacles on their gravestones, sorry to invalidate your perception.
>>
>>18141617
>Candlejack is al

I see what you did th
>>
Keep magic threads, divination threads, and... delete everything else.
>>
>>18144521
>>18144548
>>18144557
that's is not my post anon, so back off please :)
>>
File: Attention-sign.gif (162KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Attention-sign.gif
162KB, 720x480px
example of a shitty thread on /x/
http://boards.4chan.org/x/thread/18145721/hey-x-serious-question-how-can-i-genuially-summon#bottom
>>
>>18144083
Meme magic because you all got together to make racist memes and spam Twitter with it. /pol/ should only stay on 4chan. Posting 4chan memes outside of 4chan is fucking cringe-worthy, holy shit. Oh, and when Trump loses, I'd like to see you still believe in ''meme magic''.
>>
>>18144132
>>18146324
I like /x/ and /pol/. The difference is I don't feel like I need to shut down another board because I don't agree with them. Are there racists in /pol/? Absolutely. There's also discussions and people have discovered shit that has directly effected the American election.
Nobody thought trump would win a single state and now he's beating hillary. Donald. Fucking. Trump. That is meme magic. Ebola chan, hell /tv/ even had bane posting. As much as I like /x/ what the fuck has /x/ "the masters of magic, all things spoopy and conspiracy" done that is even close to this?

Tldr: stop using /pol/ as a scapegoat for this board being shitty.
>>
What has to go:
Conspiracy theories
Summoning "___" for sex
Christfags
Anti-theists
Dream/fortune/cards
How to magic
Informational (rarely good)
Any end times shit
>>
>>18144923
I like green text threads, fills me in on what I've missed...
>>
>>18146395
and you have to go as well
your list is mostly shitty
>>
>>18141070
>t. shitposter
>>
>>18140872
Make a /psi/ board. Tulpa, health and mental disorders, lucid dreaming, analisis of serial killers, etc goes there.
Make a /tin/ board. Conspiracy theories go there.

Have an active janitor removing all the sceptic vs believers shitposting wars. Since people here aren't smart enought to avoid baits and that ruins a lot of interesting threads.
>>
>>18143095
>>18146652
we just need a new board for religion/spirituality and keep /x/ for everything else. /x/ would basically be cleaned of most things not very /x/. plus people wouldn't be complaining over on the religion board.

and actually, there would be much less religious shitposting on /pol/.

guys we need a religion board.
>>
>>18141192
enforced anon.

remove divination/tarot
contain succubus crap.

let the rest of the weirdness shine on
>>
>>18140872
Ban people who keep saying /x/ is only for paranormal and not spooky stuff.
Move conspiracies to /pol/.
>>
File: 1470677074.jpg (401KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1470677074.jpg
401KB, 1200x1600px
>>18141212
>Ban fortune telling threads (Fuck off, self-important shills)

>>18141361
>Have threads reminding stupid people that they are not witches/wizards, vampires, psychics, and can not perform "black magick".

>>18141418
>No there aren't. It's fantasy. Like people who live action roleplay.

>>18141436
>>18141450
>>18141526
>>18141553
>MUHMEEMMAGIC
>>18141601
>Meme magic threads should be killed on sight.
>>18144492
>>18144535
>>18144548

You know right? It has tons of people who do not see magick as roleplay . They really believe that. There are tons of organizations that take this very seriously. Including Freemasonry, OTO, Astrum Argentum, Temple of Set, Ordo Aurum Solis, Gardner Wicca, AMORC, FRA, SRIA, Builders of the Adytum, Theosophical Society, Fraternitas Saturni, Stella Matutina, Typhonian Order ... There are so many that take it seriously, it's hard to remember all. And they are more geared to the supernatural than any spoopy thread. The place of Magick is /x/. Stupid conspirators should create /con/. If the rule is to take seriously, conspiracy bullshit is the real roleplay that should need a ban.
>>
Ban roleplayers
>>
sometimes threads are needlessly deleted while other legitimately shit threads stay up. other than that i like it here.

the 'prove to me the paranormal is real' threads are tiresome but at least they're on topic. personally
i would change the sticky and add links/information which are more reflective of the current spirit of /x/
>>
>>18147888
samefagging but case in point i clicked on 4 random links in the sticky's first post and 3 were dead. just needs some editing.
>>
The answer is always more and better moderation
>>
>>18147835
Why, exactly?

Is it because you can't shovel the disinformation you keep in your mind for control over others when there are people here who clearly have at least one open eye?
>>
Get rid of the "How do I cast spells" and summoning threads. Get rid of role players. More spooky shit tbqh.
>>
>>18140872
Bring back the tripfags

It was more fun when they were around
>>
>>18143016
this is the only way. purge the board and start new.
>>
>>18147904
No, it's because you guys are annoying as fuck and clog up the board with fake shit
>>
>>18147918
>>18147980
Get rid of conspirators. Make /con/. Tin foil roleplay is shit.
Get rid of spooky adicts.

Spells are paranormal stuff.
>>
>>18148048
Casting spells is roleplaying. Spooky shit belongs on this board.
>>
Make more generals by topic

Plus, I had some shit on my mind as of late:
What about establishing /x/plorers generals?

anons from /x/ coordinate spoopy /x/plorations while they visit paranormal hotspots live on stream and discuss shit while they're at it.
4chan has a worldwide userbase, ergo lots of places to see. Honestly, it would revive the board a bit.
>>
Someone start an eastern mysticism general already, so we can cut down on all the meditation/third eye threads
>>
>>18148079
Casting spells is paranormal.

>>18147980
I do the same work as you, but because you can't adequately commit to theurgic practices...then perhaps I'll teach you over time on how to do so.
>>
>>18146698
Spirituality has more paranornal shit going on in it than ghosts and spooky stories.
>>
>>18148130
Casting spells is roleplaying. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. End of story.
>>
>>18148140
What kind of image do you have in your mind when you say 'casting spells'? You mean LARPing? Because there's a practical difference.

Do you live in the past and not for the future?¿?¿? Because I live for the future.
>>
>>18148159
Casting spells meaning drawing things on the floor or lighting candles and stuff like that. No idea what you mean by the second part of your post, sorry bud.
>>
ban all tripfags
>>
>>18148176
Never knew there was anything wrong with drawing things on the floor or lighting candles. Thanks for the disinformation.
>>
>>
>>18148217
Hard to do when it's always possible to make another.
>>
>>18147888
>'prove to me the paranormal is real' threads

aren't just tiresome, they are all obvious bait designed solely to provoke pointless arguments. They sap attention and energy from the board and are cancerous. They should be instantly deleted, the OP's recognised for the trolls they are, and banned (like that does anything, but hey whadda yer gonna do?)
>>
Disable the tripcode feature, force users to be anonymous.
>>
>>18148220
now you know
>>
>>18148220
There's nothing inherently wrong with it, just don't try to pretend the "spells" you're trying to do are real.
>>
>>18148238
Lmao. How's it feel living in the dark ages?
>>
>>18148234
this.
for all boards.
I dont even know why an anonymous imageboard would even have something like this.
It just invites cancer.
Just make it so that an OP can choose to be clearly recognisable or that he can turn on IDs for his thread.
There is absolutely no need for trips, except to be exploited by attention whores
>>
>>18148249
this doesnt make sense. believing in bullshit is a medieval thing. not the other way around
>>
>>18148245
I don't cast spells. I create my own state of mind, Manifest that state into the physical, then forget my previous state of being, and so on. So if you consider that 'casting spells', then I'll have to contest what you say and advise you to keep up with the times. Because then sure, I cast spells constantly and am very successful at doing so.
>>
>>
>>18148275
I think what you're talking about is a paradigm shift. Nothing supernatural about it.
>>
>>18148261
What is bullshit to you? Anything YOU don't believe as true?
>>
the ONLY thing I'd do to change /x/ is kill that stupid sticky
>>
>>18148289
Word. We need a new one. That stuff is so old.
>>
>>18148286
Something that has little to no evidence of being remotely real
>>
>>18148286
roleplaying

it belongs on other boards
>>
>>18148286
Role-playing
>>
>>18146498
>t. mod
>>
>>18148297
What is real to you may not be real to me, and vice versa. Look up quantum theory.
>>
>>18148329
you should look it up, since you are clearly misunderstanding it

You are a prime example of why we should ban tripfags. You are doing nothing but fagging up this place
>>
>>18148329
You sound like you're out of touch with reality
>>
>>18148329
Invoking quantum theory which only about 50 people in the world really understand anyway is a daft way to run an argument on /x/. What you said previously was sound, don't fuck it up with vague pleadings towards obscure science. We don't need it.
>>
>>18147828
I'm also againt conspiracy theories but, the place for Magick should be /ill/ o /schizo/

why can't you people understand you're the biggest roleplayer of them all?
>>
>>18141418
My negro. Anyone who doesn't agree with this literally should eliminate themselves from the gene pool ASAP
>>
>>18148337
>>18148347
Sounds like you're out of power. Maybe you should stick a fork into a socket to recharge your battery.
>>
>>18148371
>>18148371
Funny thing is, a lot more than 50 people understand it. Try somewhere in the millions.
>>
>>18148395
thanks for proving my point. now pick up a book about qm and stop posting
>>
>>18148395
I'm not sure how that makes much sense in this conversation but ok. Why don't you take a break from /x/ for a few weeks and socialize with normal people?
>>
>>18148427
>thanks for proving my point
I try my best to please ;).
>>
>>18148403
stop pretending you know what you're talking about

every single pair of eyes that reads you immediately understands that you lack basic, let alone advanced, scientific knowledge; this, while not being inherently bad, already puts you in the group of the credulous.

It's also pretty evident that you live a sad, powerless life, in which you have little or no control over even the most irrelevant decisions, it's the reason you have to resort to this roleplaying and using buzzword in ambiguous ways, to give yourself the illusion of knowledge, the illusion of power, that you're not a real loser, that your life makes sense,instead of the awful truth, you don't matter in the tiniest sense.

I totally get that there many like you here, and I'm glad all you disgusting ill brains can enjoy each other while you type more buzzwords and more nonsense, while in your dirty underwear and your dimly lit room, most likely smelly and also dirty. Are they who your trying to impress so much?

I just kinda wish you all leave and be pathetic losers somewhere else not ruining the experience for all the other ones that are not like you. Have you considered suicide?
>>
>>18148462
Don't make him cry lol
>>
>>18148462
Projecting much?
>>
>>18148371
>which only about 50 people in the world really understand
this is what brainlets actually believe
>>
>>18146411
I'm sorry that the cancer I listed is your bread & butter.
>>
File: sQIE8bi.jpg (44KB, 800x920px) Image search: [Google]
sQIE8bi.jpg
44KB, 800x920px
>>18148462
oh my god
>>
>>18148462
Checkmate, Sandra.
>>
>>18148520
Also- I'M NO BUNDLE OF STICKS.

SĀGE because double post.
>>
File: gtfo.jpg (64KB, 550x486px)
gtfo.jpg
64KB, 550x486px
>>18148297
>>18148300
>>18148318
>>18148347
>>18148377
>>18148079
>>18148140
>>18148176
>>18148245
>>18148261
>>18148391
>>18148428
>>18148462

Like any conspiracy theory and UFOs shit for example? And believing any other supernatural thing.

Paranormal par excellence is not scientific. The end. Period.

This is paranormal board, not spooky board. The spooky effect is just someone being beta over some paranormal stuff.

The way you want it here will end up being about religion, serial killers also creepypastas and photos that scare only 12yo.

Nothing is more roleplay than UFO and conspiracy theory shit.

Paranormal are ghosts, magick, preterhuman entities, psyche and things of the same kind. All you consider roleplay.
>>
>>18141553
Jews ARE overly represented in positions of power and DO overwhelmingly support leftist. Just because a conspiracy theory is racist doesn't mean it's not true
>>
>>18148751
/x/ is actually a spooky board and welcomes greentexts of spookyness, that's what makes it great
>>
Its pretty easy to spot the rp. Ban them please.
>>
>>18141599
Otherkins not allowed. Go back to >>>/trash/
>>
>>18140872
ITT people in /x/ actually want /x/ to be MORE of a roleplay circlejerk
holy shit you people ruined this place
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.