[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spookiest state

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 37

File: MapUSARegions02.png (2MB, 2506x2600px) Image search: [Google]
MapUSARegions02.png
2MB, 2506x2600px
What's the spookiest state in the US?

My vote is Virginia, a bunch of weird shit, or Louisiana. Never been but have any of you been to the bayou at night? I hear its scary

Spookiest US state thread
>>
My cousin drove around in some woods in Arkansas and got lost. He wound up in a trailer park and everyone stared at him while he turned around and drove off
>>
File: 330485_5_.jpg (80KB, 650x434px) Image search: [Google]
330485_5_.jpg
80KB, 650x434px
>>18137680
Kentucky.
>pic related
/thread
>>
>>18137680
I live on the east coast of VA, and while I've seen a few spooky things, most of the places that are supposed to be spooky have been hyped up. However, everything here is really fuckin old and a lot of people died here during the Revolutionary war. I've been told that I live within walking distance of where the Brits landed back then. The woods out here are pretty fucking weird, but I've seen weird stuff all over - and I'm not restricting that to any single type of paranormal experience. I've even been told some fucked up shit by the cops before but who knows.
>>
>>18137924
>Rare genetic diseases are spooky
>>
Nevada. Virginia city, tons of other abandoned and near abandoned towns. Abandoned mines. The there are the thousands of square miles of desolate desert. I'm a pretty stable person but being alone out there (especially during the night) can drive a man insane. There is definitely something beautiful about the desert though.

Also area 51, if you think that's anything.
>>
>>18138107
this
>>
>>18137924
clearly just ancestors of the blue man group, members of homo sapiens caeruleus

what's spooky about some pretentious performance artists?
>>
File: 2 fast.jpg (110KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2 fast.jpg
110KB, 1920x1080px
Texas.
There are dirt roads you can take at night and find bodies in ditches from the local cartels just dumping them off and shotgunning it out of there.

Then of course, if your driving the road and one of those cartel trucks sees you... well you probably know what's gonna happen next.
>>
File: back-to-the-future-microbus.jpg (78KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
back-to-the-future-microbus.jpg
78KB, 650x366px
>>18138166
>>
File: 300x300.jpg (13KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
13KB, 400x300px
>>18138048
This place was the best in the area until it got shut down. There were apparently a few raped and murdered here before the cops started harassing everyone. Have seen some weird ass fucking shit down here.
>>
File: god is love.png (803KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
god is love.png
803KB, 800x533px
>>18137680
I'd probably put in my vote for Louisiana, Virginia or West Virginia.
States like Nevada, Idaho, Arizona, Iowa and Montana can also definitely be terrifying if you're like me and find fear in a whole lot of nothing.
As far as my own state goes, Connecticut can sometimes give spooks; pic related.
>>
>>18138048
Bump, what have the cops told you?
>>
>>18138505
CT fag here, depends on where in the state you are. Near me there's a state forest that is spooky as fuck, day or night. I'm not saying skinwalkers live there, but I've been there in the middle of the day in the summer and there's no fucking noise... no birds, no bugs, not even the trees are making noise, real creepy. But I've spent the night there a couple times and I've never witnessed anything spooky. I swear I've seen a mountain lion there, but no spoops
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (172KB, 721x518px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
172KB, 721x518px
>>18138505
>>
>>18137680
Definitely Louisiana.

All sorts of spooky shit in those swamps and abandoned plantations.
>>
>>18138850
Fun fact: "Live no evil" backwards is "Live on evil"
>>
>>18138790
They were actually pretty cool about it. They just flagged me down, asked me if I was okay, and told me to watch out near the bridge because a kid was killed in the woods not too long before. I've been in the woods with some friends and we didn't really have a good time because we always heard a screaming coming from the same direction. We never knew if there were kids just fucking around back there or what, but it was pretty spoopy.
Place is called Crawford Rd. in Yorktown, but I'm not even completely sure about that because one side says "Crawford Rd." and the other says "Crafford Rd."
>>
>>18138166
You pull out your CC and die in a blaze of bullets taking out as many of those cucarachas with you. Any other answer is wrong.
>>
>>18137680
Wherever Spokaine is.
>>
WV hands down
>>
>>18137680
Connecticut is known as the "most haunted" state in the USA and in-fact there is a very powerful demon that resides there.

Connecticut for sure. As it constantly hinted at in show business. even so far as being described as "the fifth ring of hell"
>>
>>18138839
Connecticut is genuinely the most haunted state. It is controlled by a demon. Other states are as well but be lesser demons.

Every state is a sphere controlled by a demon. Connecticut goes so far as to have as a symbol an inverted trinity. and the state seal even goes so far as to make itself distinct by being the only oval seal.

Of course Obama, the demon president, has a CT social security number and skull and bones is seated in connecticut. Hollywood, run by demons, has a field day, constantly hinted at CT being the most demonic state. This is not just a joke, but a very deep reality.

And many do not know about what REALLY happend in Newtown in the early 80s, where a very specific demon was awakened.

We hear of Sandy Hook, and think of the school shooting, but Newtown influenced Connecticut in another way in the early 80s. But few remember. Yet the facts speak for themselves.

and do you know how to Connect Cuts?

Yes, Connecticut IS the most haunted state and the devil will go through great lengths to let you know who really controls New Amsterdam(New York City):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hno8jWmAS0

If you do your research you will confirm what i have just hinted at about Newtown.
>>
>>18138166
Texas is definitely sp00ky at night, walking down some country back road at 2 am will fuck your shit up
>>
>>18139340

for example look at the 2:00 mark in this video. Kenny G has a microphone appear for only a split second in the vid so he can "accidentally" point at his bade.

What is his badge? It is the state shield of Connecticut.

Because Kenny G is a demon pointing at his "turf" but millions of people saw that commercial and, for all practical purposes, just about no one even noticed.

see what he points at when he says "same thing, right there"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-m270bzuno

But anyone who references connecticut flag will see that Kenny G is wearing a bade which is the CONNECTICUT flag.

Because the demons show us their "turf" to show "who is in charge" and "who is calling the shots"

what president was born in CT? BUSH Jr. And what president followed him? a prez with a CT social security number.

so what I am saying has actual substance because Connecticut has 'marked' its servants. it isn't just a subjective opinion, but a real, genuine fact.
>>
>New Orleans

Louisiana
>>
>>18139329
What demon?
>>
>>18139418
I live in New Orleans. Scariest thing here is niggers.
>>
>>18139498

The Lord of the Flies
>>
New Mexico. You can just sense the paranormal in the air.
>>
File: 1471282867708.png (858KB, 1600x1597px) Image search: [Google]
1471282867708.png
858KB, 1600x1597px
>>18139399
>a real, genuine fact
>>
>>18139498
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sEMpI38Gf4
>>
>>18139539

47th state
zia has 16 lines (1+6=7) pointing in 4 cardinal directions(47)

joined union on January 6, 1912 (1+6=7) and (1+9+1+2=13 and 1+3=4) =47

Roswell, 1947
continental divide on exit 47. I-40 and I-25 intersect in Albequerque (47) they are main highways in NM and form a zia. there is also I-10 and 4*7=20 and 2+8=10

large array in New Mexico.

I agree NM is quite haunted. speaking of NM, Norm Macdonald did a rare comedy show when he was 47 with his initials NM in the background. no doubt controlled by the hierarchy.

I think we will be seeing more of New Mexico in the coming years.
>>
>>18139582
All the more reason to get out of this shithole, I guess.
>>
>>18139584
too bad the surrounding options don't have much more to offer.

theres always vegas. hahaha
>>
>>18139589
Denver and San Antonio are also "next door" so to speak. They're decent places to be.

Having lived in Houston as well, though, if WWWIII starts I'm glad that's it's large enough to be a target for nukes.
>>
New jersey
>>
Wisconsin by a long shot..there are some profoundly evil people there, and I had terrifyingly vivid nightmares every single night I spent in that state..I've never experienced sleep paralysis anywhere else, and there were nights I genuinely believed I was in danger of possession by a powerful evil..I know how crazy that sounds, but it was the most intense feeling I've ever had

Fuck Wisconsin
>>
>>18138107
>Virginia city
I live near it, it's just a tourist trap
>>
>>18139731
I live in Oregon now (just moved here) but Skansin Is freaky I lived up north in tomahawk
>>
>>18139764
I recently moved to Oregon as well. Where you living? Know of any good spooks/abandoned places around the state?
>>
There is a bunch of woods in a place called Aimwell Louisiana. I refuse to drive through there at night. It always feels like I'm being watched.
>>
>>18139518
I second this, I used to live in Chalmette and worked in New Orleans and niggers are the worst thing in that city.
>>
>>18139816

I OD'd on spice.... a bad batch that made me blank out and seizure alot waking up all over my house but this one time was the worst thing that ever happened to me. I blanked out as usual but felt like I was going down long dark tunnel while trying to fight it to come back and only way to describe it was trying to crawl up a slipery water slide? Felt like this went on for ever. After fighting it I eventualy let go i guess? I woke up with no physical feeling but I was very awake and was surrounded by a very open plane that was o ly bright light. I wasnt there for long but the last thing I saw was a bright white blob in front of me wearing what I can only describe a crown, it was ths most beutiful brightest golden thing I have ever seen it was just unreal. I think it was so intense and realising what was going on bought me back and I woke up fully tense my bad shoulder disolocated and I couldnt control my screaming for a few minutes while screaming for help. I think this experience is what christ fags call going to heaven and meeting god but I will never know? From research I have heard of similar things due to lack of oxygen so maby i was just seazuring and slowly sufocating, i dont know? I do apreciate all the simple things in life now though.

Sorry about my bad grammer.
>long time lurker and never a poster
>>
Pennsylvania is haunted as fuck.

There's also weird occultists in eastern PA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIliXRz2jL4
>>
VA fag here, can confirm, ours is the scariest. Can greentext a few stories, if you want?
>>
>>18140076
Well?! WE'RE WAITING!!
>>
>>18140076
General rule, if you have to ask if people want to hear your story, it's probably not worth telling.
>>
alabama here
we've got to have something but i can't think of what
someone tell me stories about why i should be afraid of living here
>>
VA is pretty creepy but Tennessee is kinda fucked up.
There was a "satanic" group not long ago in the area raping and killing people for rituals, dolls with faces and pentagrams painted in human blood.
Tunnels where supposed witches killed and ate babies, can still see and hear shit in them even when there's nothing in them(experianced it myself).
The meth labs.
Haunted houses everyfuckingwhere.
More creepy in a Chernobyl kind of way but there's a nice abandoned nuclear power plant just down the road with the grown in grass and reclaimed by nature look.
The weird shit in the woods.
I have no idea why I ever came back to this humid bug infested shithole.
>>
>>18140076
Tell us
>>
>>18140076
Please do
>>18140290
This
>>
OR here supposedly we are the most paranormal state in US.
>>
The desert states. Deserts at night are really fucking spooky.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 370x136px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 370x136px
Washington state
>>
>>18139340
Dannel Malloy isn't that bad anon.
>>
>>18140428
Are you fucking fucking me? He isn't the devil but he is fucking retarded. His solutions to things only makes the problems worse, or creates different problems. I'd rather the devil control the state than him
>>
>>18140411
What's spooky about washington? It's either trannies or wheat fields. Maybe the rain forest could be scary at night but I've never heard any stories
>>
>>18141294
>What's spooky?
Bigfoot, Bigfoot is what makes it spooky
>>
Wet Virginia is the spookiest. Mothman, The Braxton County Monster, Civil War Ghosts, ect.
>>
Tennessee. It's in the bible belt, everyone is inbred, tons of homes built on Indian burial grounds, devil worshippers disguised as christians, trail of tears, crazy people hiding in the hills, killers on the Appalachian trail, haunted houses everywhere, 18th century baby graveyards...
>>
>>18142269
>18th century baby graveyards...
I've got one on my land.
Obviously it was from the family who lived on the plot long before me.
It's in a bit of a sad state, now, but it's on a perfect spot on the top of a hill. You can see everywhere during winter when the leaves are gone.
>>
>>18141264
I agree. Malloy is retarded. How he even got into office would be a wonder if it weren't for CT being so politically corrupt.

I understand that everyone wants to believe their own state is evil in its own ways. and no doubt every state has its powers. and it is arguable whether one is more haunted in one way, but not in others.

But i'd have to say that there is certainly a force pushing for Connecticut to be the most demonically influenced state. and this goes back quite a while.

from a purely popular culture standpoint i'd say connecticut is the most haunted state. At least the media pushes for it. then you tie in the Skull and Bones being located there, Bush being born there, Obama strangely having a CT social security number.

and remember on 12/21/2012, when everyone was waiting for the end of the world to happen?

well one thing DID happen on that day.

Obama, with his CT social security number, had a moment of silence and literally hundreds of millions of people thought of Newtown, Connecticut.

So essentially a massive new age new world order occult ritual on 12/21/2012 had at least the entire continent of north america focus its thougths and energy on newtown, CT.

An interesting thing about Connecticut is it is one of the few states with a 666 zipcode.

Obama represents Chicago with zipcode 60606. Then there is Kansas City Missouri with 060606 and then we have Bridgeport, Connecticut with 06606 (there is also 06066 in Vernon, CT)

I think that there are some underlying occult connections in CT.

In Monroe(the house there the students from Sandy Hook elementary were relocated.) is where they keep the supposed Annabelle doll(along with the Devil Inside, Anabelle, A Haunting in Connecticut and many other films centered around hauntings in CT) there is also a Satanic Idol found in Sandy Hook well you can see info about it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-CVx-J95zE

so in a way monroe is maybe as the most haunted place in the world.
>>
>>18138048
757phile? I am.
>>
VA resident, is anyone on right now? I can drop a couple stories I personally have
>>
>>18143502
Yep. I'm up in Hampton but I lived in Norfolk for a while. Seen more spooky shit in Hampton/Yorktown/Williamsburg though.
>>
>>18142269
baby graveyards aren't even scary
>>
>>18137680
>What's the spookiest state in the US?

Washinton DC. There's a White House there haunted by a black shadow, sometimes they come in pairs too.
>>
>>18143647
Please do
>>
anywhere in the midwest

you get that serial killer vibe
>>
File: appalacions.jpg (376KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
appalacions.jpg
376KB, 1520x2688px
>>18139264
born and raised in WV couldnt agree more
>>
File: 4+marinas+killed[1].png (171KB, 424x300px) Image search: [Google]
4+marinas+killed[1].png
171KB, 424x300px
>>18138166
Yeah, fuck Leatherface. Cartels with chainsaws in Texas is the real deal.
>>
File: d2611.jpg (29KB, 598x399px) Image search: [Google]
d2611.jpg
29KB, 598x399px
>>18141360
>>
Texas, especially east Texas. But there are kind of just pockets of creepiness throughout the state. Some rural parts of Texas feel ok and other parts just have a very distinct uneasiness in the atmosphere.
>>
File: incest-deliverance[1].jpg (71KB, 950x482px) Image search: [Google]
incest-deliverance[1].jpg
71KB, 950x482px
Okay, serious question. The movie Deliverance (1972) is creepy as fuck. It was shot mostly in Rabun County in the northeastern section of Georgia. Anybody familiar with this place? The director of the film said all the inbred hicks they filmed there were residents who are descendants of whites marrying indians, so they were ostracized by both sides because racism and had to live within their own communities and inbreed to survive. Is director John Boorman for real or is he just jerking our chains?
>>
>>18139731
Yes, Packer fans are indeed quite evil. Jokes aside though, as a Minnesotan who went to college in Wisconsin, I always felt uneasy there in ways I could never really put my finger on. Hell, my dorm the first two years was right across the street from a very old and historical cemetery and my final year my friends and I rented a house off campus that was quite haunted. My grandma also used to live on a lake in the Northern part of the state and the woods around there just felt wrong. Always made me think there were things watching me when I'd go out and explore around there. As a kid I always imagined Bigfoot must have lived in there because of how it made me feel. I know all too well the weirdness and dark aura of that state.
>>
>>18137680
How do you guys feel about Pennsylvania?
>>
>>18139584
I just moved to Los Angeles from Burque. Greatest thing I've ever done.
>>
>>18139582
Wut?
>>
>>18146712
I didn't get it either
>>
>>18139731
Man I love Wisconsin. Lived here my whole life and wouldn't wanna live anywhere else
>>
File: 1473147647731.jpg (16KB, 476x244px) Image search: [Google]
1473147647731.jpg
16KB, 476x244px
>>18146677
minnesota, wisconsin and michigan spook the fuck out of me. the places away from the interstates and larger towns. I'm comfortable out in the woods at night, yet in those states I never want to look out of a dark window. I never want to stray out of the moon's light, and the starlight is just eerie when your eyes adapt to the natural darkness of the earth in those places.

theres been some real weird shit. grew up in minnesota but i used to spend the summers in rural wisconsin at a farm. id often and still do go hiking and backpacking in some backwater places.

I've got some stories of boundary waters and superior hiking trail in minnesota, deep michigan northern woods and rural wisconsin if anyone is interested.
>>
>>18148364
West Michigan isn't too sp00py though. I've been here for 3 years and haven't gotten creeped out too much in the woods here.

Fuck Northern Michigan though, that place is creepy as fuck.
>>
Any place in the rockies or deserts out west gets my vote. I've lived in VA all my life and never seen a single ghost.
>>
>>18148463
>never seen a single ghost
because ghosts dont real you fag
>>
>>18137680
I'd say Mass or NH, really old towns at night are creepy
>>
>>18137680
Nevada or New Mexico
>>
File: manlet jew.jpg (18KB, 194x343px) Image search: [Google]
manlet jew.jpg
18KB, 194x343px
>>18146643
>almost 40 years later and skinny cosmopolitan queers are STILL getting trolled into thinking Deliverance is real life

god damn that movie was some really effective bait, maybe I can make a movie that will have everyone believe jews are all pic related
>>
File: FloridaRegion.jpg (185KB, 640x675px) Image search: [Google]
FloridaRegion.jpg
185KB, 640x675px
Florida is by far the spookiest state

Not because of anything paranormal, but because the people here are batshit insane. Most of the weird things that happen in the USA happen in Florida.

I'd rather deal with a few spooky ghosts and ayy lmaos than all the tweakers, faggots, spics and Haitians who live here.
>>
CA is actually pretty spooky desu. Here in San Jose we have the Winchester House and a whole lot of Japanese ghosts from the WW2 internment camps.
>>
>>18148984

San Jose is depressing not spooky.
>>
>>18137680
Try taking a hike through the swamps of Florida, you'll feel all the more comfortable sitting in your house.
>>
What kind of shit have you guys seen in Georgia. I think I saw some sort of faery in the woods one day, but that's about it.
>>
>>18137680
True Detective season 1 tells me it's definitely Louisiana
>>
>>18139584
I moved to a very nice area of new Jersey from Albuquerque. I missed it at first (and I still miss the food, anodyne, and la cumbre) but it's been great out here and being within 25 minutes of NYC.

Let's not forget about the Santa Fe prison riots and hauntings, and la llorona
>>
>>18139340
whew and here enters the conspiracy christfag
>>
>>18140411
I hear there are lots of vampires here that sparkle in the light.
>>
RI, CT, MA.

I don't like any of those places
>>
>>18148364
Elaborate on Minnesota please. Specifically the bwca (what ares specifially)? I know there are a lot of 400+ year old petroglyphs on some lakes...
>>
>>18149423
Not him, but I'm quite certain I encountered Bigfoot once while hiking out in some forest up near Lutsen one autumn many years ago. Felt like I was being followed/watched for hours despite being alone and not seeing or hearing anyone. Finally stopped for a snack and drink along the trail. No one was around, the forest was dead silent. Suddenly a couple rocks about the size of my palm came flying out of the trees to my 10 o'clock and hit the log I was leaning against. That startled me, so I looked around and then called out to see if someone was fucking with me. No response and still saw no one. Then another rock about the same size as the first two hit me from behind just below my left shoulder. Turned around and thought I saw a large reddish brown bear duck behind some rocks. I decided to pick up the rocks and throw them back. I then heard some growling type noises and cracking branches and another rock came hurtling towards me from behind the large rocks. Decided it was definitely time to leave because if it was a bear being territorial I wanted none of it, though I was confused about the rock throwing. Went back the way I came instead of going deeper because I no longer had any desire to spend the night out there and maybe a mile from where all this happened I found a large pile of broken branches and rocks blocking the trail that definitely had not been there before. Only after some time spent researching bear behavior afterward, which lead to Bigfoot encounter stories that sounded like mine, did I come to realize what I may have actually encountered. Still gives me chills thinking about it, not sure what to believe.
>>
>>18138107

Makes me happy when people bring up Nevada. I've lived here my entire life, and I've gotta say you summed it up nicely.
>>
File: image.png (264KB, 380x458px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
264KB, 380x458px
>>18149342
>browses /x/
>calls Christians crazy
>>
File: 1403032374374.gif (542KB, 215x194px) Image search: [Google]
1403032374374.gif
542KB, 215x194px
I saw a couple people say they lived in the 757 so i thought id share a story about the bridge on bunch walnuts road.
>be this year
>riding home around 1:30 am from a friends house
>approaching the bridge my friend tells me rumors of the bridge being haunted
>i call bullshit and tell him to stop on the bridge
>he parks car and shuts it off and we get out
>for some reason it felt like it was 50 degrees, keep in mind that it was the middle of June so there is no reason for it to be this cold out
>I thought i felt something touch my shoulder and my friend felt breathing down his neck, so we got out of there.

I want to do another visit sometime soon to confirm further if its haunted or not. Ive heard if you sit in the car on the bridge your car will start to shake but i i dont know about all that.
pic semi-related
>>
File: BunchWalnutsBridge.jpg (53KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
BunchWalnutsBridge.jpg
53KB, 640x425px
>>18149637
im an idiot and i shouldve posted a pic of the bridge but i put a stupid gif instead lol.
heres a pic of bunch walnuts road bridge.
>>
File: 7LGKPgi.jpg (123KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
7LGKPgi.jpg
123KB, 800x600px
Anybody know anything weird in Colorado? Something other than the airport that everyone and their mom knows about?
>>
>>18149496
Wow very interesting. I was just in Lutsen earlier this month!
>>
File: norm.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
norm.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>18139582
Don't talk shit about my Norm
>>
>>18137697
I've driven into a few trailer parks in MN and they did the state down on me, too. That's not creepy.
>>
>>18139539
new mexico is spooky as shit sometimes
t. new mexican
>>
>>18139582
get back on your meds autist
>>
>>18145200
I only drive through and its my opinion ..what happened to me in wv was pretty fucked up.. But that's a story for another thread another day ...when I do drop it on this board its gonna be good. Gotta find time and not be on a mobile
>>
>>18138198
yeah dont you hate it when the cops find an area that is rife with rape and murder and start "harassing" people there
ugh cops suck huh (^:
>>
>>18137697
I live in a trailer park and we do the same thing.
>>
>>18149496
>>18149423
>>18150481
I was in the Sawtooth Mountains a couple times, is that where you guys were?

For you lads that don't know, the area is off Lake Superior. Its a very rugged patch of land crisscrossed by lakes and swamps, and almost 45-degree hills - like a sawtooth.

While backpacking last August with two friends, ('Ted' experienced outdoorsman my age and 'Chuck' a friend two years younger) we kept hearing odd noises and seeing odd marks around the trail.

>It was raining rather hard for the first three days, backed by a heavy fog and steady wind off Superior, although our route through the steep criss-cross terrain, behind the mountains, kept us from the worst of it.
>My friends complained most of the time and cursed at the weather, but I was absolutely stoked for the atmosphere and got great vibes - the air felt great to breathe, and everything looked amazing.
>It was very quiet too. There were no birds save for crows and stray hawks, seldom any mammals (we saw a single mouse, heard a handful of squirrels during one particular event, and two deer - a doe and a faun over the entire trip) and absolutely no insects.
>We take a leisurely gesture on the first day, entering the trail shortly before 10:00 on a tuesday morning. We had 10 hours to fuck around before sunset and decided to take a trail out of the way, up a river, so we could reach a small peak and get a cool view of the area farther north that we'd be walking through in the next few days.
>Although it was sunny and already warm, a constant wind blew off the lake. The wind was pleasant and carried a distinguished scent, and almost encouraged one to keep moving while traveling with it.
>Most of the day was uneventful, the view from isolated peak was quite narrow and gave us a slight vista of a valley ahead. On the horizon one could barely see the brazen navy of Lake Superior, hidden by the crests of sharp hills. The sky above was bright and empty of clouds.
>>
>>18151365
>crisscrossed by lakes and swamps
damnit I meant streams, rivers and swamps.

>As we followed the river back down into the valley towards our path, the trees grew thicker and taller. Our view of the sky shrunk to a strip over the river, and our path was in shade.
>In the middle of the afternoon clouds seemed to manifest from nothing and swept low over the land, appearing to catch and turn to fog in the valleys.
>about a mile from our campsite it began to rain lightly, and by the time we got there at the bend in the river, the river's current had grown heavy.
>the campsite was 15 feet from the edge of a small bluff, about 20 feet high off the riverbed.
>unable to start a fire, we set up the tents in the rain, snacked on dry food, and fell asleep.
>at about 3 am, we all awoke to a complete break in the rain and cloud. we got out of the tent and looked at the beautiful starry sky.
>Ted brought out his miniature stove (he could not relinquish the privilege of cooking in his adventures) and made us tea with lava cake made in a pot.
>while cooking, Ted pointed out it was still shockingly quiet in the woods, there was the steady rush of the river and gentle dripping, but otherwise nothing
>we sit and listen to the river while eating, and as we finish up our tea we hear a series of weird bugles half between a yelping wolf and a deer or moose sound
>suddenly hear the sound of rotten wood calving, a clatter of rocks from the small series of waterfalls upstream and a heavy deep splash, muted slightly by the river's frothing water
>a powerful rushing sound seems to be accelerating towards us, and the hair on the back of our neck stands on end
>a small wave blasts down the river and the current gets much stronger
>clouds start coming back overhead
>we clean up, jump back in the tent and try to go back to sleep.
>can feel the powerful vibration of the river next to us, and I feel unnerved because of the weird calls that happened right before the wave crashed through.
>>
>>18143502
>>18144271
Newport News here. Have either of you been to the old missile base? I've always wanted to check it out, but I'm lazy.
>>
>>18137680
>>18137680
>What's the spookiest state in the US?

Canada.
>>
>>18138061
>fucking little blue girls

I'd feel just like Gargamel.
>>
>>18149337
Danno?
>>
Maine has spooky shit
>>
Kansas.
>Has one of the seven gates to hell.
>Stull cemetery.
>Kansas so scary the POPE refused to fly over.
>UFO'S ALL THE FUCKING TIME.
>Old abandoned missile silos.
>Indian burial grounds EVERYWHERE.
>Gonna get MORE spooky.
>US biological warfare research facility. Manhattan KS.
>Wolf Creek nuclear power plant.
>>
>>18138061
757 checking in
>>
>>18141264

CT state level politician here, are we really talking about Malloy in an /x/ thread? Haha holy shit, can't wait till the guys on the 4th floor hear about this one.
>>
>>18153337
kansas is pretty spooky
>>
>>18139329
(citation needed)
>>
>>18137680
ive only ever lived in the three west coast states, but the scariest thing ive encountered were the meth addicts.
>>
>>18138107
yes
>>
I live in Cincinnati. Bunch of heroine overdoses and shady black people. Also Muslims.
>>
>>18151451
nigga you really think im gonna read all that shit?
>>
>>18137697
We do that in my neighborhood too. We like to let any would-be robbers and burlars know that we stay vigilante
>>
>>18140076
How insecure do you have to be to ask if anyone is interested in your story before you decide to tell it? I get it, if people tell you they are shit you can say "well you asked me to tell it" but ffs you're posting this shit anonymously it's not going to effect your personal life if people don't like your shit stories
>>
>>18151463
I haven't heard of that. Where is it exactly?
>>
>>18148875
Probably this. all the other states talking about haunting or aliens or shit but that's all hearsay wrapped in mystery, shit's mostly in your head but Florida is spoopy because you know for a fact that you are going to run into some legit psychos doing weird and spooky shit if you stay too long
>>
>no mention of Missouri
My mother in law lives there.
>>
>>18154091
kek
>>
>>18154082
It's right next to the airport, in the woods between the runway and Denbigh Blvd.
>>
What about Alaska with that one city Nome, where almost everyone has been abducted after seeing those owls?
>>
>>18153882
Yup, its Ohio
I live right outside Zanesville, the only real creepy stuff we have around here is the "The Animals" but meth heads and the rest of the junkies need to stop burning their houses down, its uncouth.
>>
>>18155282
My bad, I forgot about the Putnam Soldiers, the Masonic temple and the Trinway Mansion. Its been a while since i was on /x/. Some of the brideges are haunted too, but those legends are everywhere.
>>
>>18155228
?
>>
Northern Maine here, not this fucking place. Most haunted thing around here is the weather system, and it's just annoying as fuck. Snowstorms into May, green Christmases and white Halloweens, the sunniest days are clumped together into January, take your pick.

Maine is one of the least spiritual places in the world, and I will hear no argument to the contrary.
>>
>>18146688
Well the mon valley is a horrible place in PA.
Lots of people died from steel mills polluting the air.
Place is crawling with demons. And restless souls.
Ive seen a lot of fucked up shit from the years I've lived here.
>>
>>18138198
Is that the Crawford Road Bridge? I've been there at night. Too many teenagers always stopping by. It was mildly spooky but would have been better if there wasn't so many people there all the damn time.
>>
>>18138061
blossomed through intermarriage.
>>
>>18141294

I've lived here my whole life. Nothing about any part of this state is very spooky relative to the pine barrens or eastern seaboard.
>>
>>18154358
Fellow resident of the 757 here. I live only a short drive away from the old missile base, and have always wanted to go there too. An old friend of mine went a few years ago and said it was pretty neat. Anyone still lurking that would maybe like to go explore the place? c:
>>
>>18156522
>>18156522
Yeah it's always got a lot of people out there ruining the spooky vibe. Anyone else been to the abandoned radio station that is hidden out there?
>>
>>18157122
I would definitely like to go, I just work all the damn time.
>>
Ohio is extremely spooky in a weird way. Abandoned factories and rust belt stuff, alongside having a lot of serial killers and cults historically.
>>
Every place but NC has the spooks. City of Charlotte specifically
>>
>>18142734

i want to know more. coincidences are usually nine times outta ten, not coincidence but purposeful.

where are you getting this info. this is what x is. not succubi astrology faggotry thats on the board now
>>
>>18149701

Some hikers who go missing under mysterious circumstances. There's that autist kid at a church camp, one minute he's right behind the woman, then she turns around and he's gone. They search and search for days and don't find him. 6 months later or something, hikers find a few shreds of clothing up on a cliff. Conclusion was a mountain lion got him and drug him up there.

there's a few abandoned gold mines, old ghost towns, random abandoned log cabins. I been in a few, floors rotten through, that'll scare you. There's bears sure, but the mountain lions and whatever lives in the mines now is what you should fear. There's also native american stuff. maybe something like mesa verde.

Colorado doesn't scare me though. Utah, Nevada, the great lakes area, and new mexico are freaky. appalachians can be too, I have a lot of experience there. Mostly it's the inbred ass hillbillies growing weed or cooking meth out there. There's a lot of 100 population towns you don't want to find yourself in. If I lived out there I'd carry a gun 24/7. Really weird folk. You really don't want to get lost out there.
>>
>>18159170
from what ive seen from the protest videos NC has plenty of spooks
>>
>>18149701
Non american here. What airport?
>>
>>18137680
>have yet to read the thread if it aint maine, i give up on you all.
anyone have the screencaps of taxi drivers shit
>>
File: IMG_1073.jpg (213KB, 920x690px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1073.jpg
213KB, 920x690px
>>18160569
It's the Denver International Airport (DIA) in Colorado. There are a ton of conspiracy theories that revolve around the many paintings on the walls. Pic related is one of the sketchy murals that can be found there ;-;
>>
>>18137924
Looks like silver poisoning, in the past, silver was seen as a cure-all. It was drank as a solution with something else (I can't remember) but some people still do. It's trademark is a blue ish gray skin tone
>>
PA, NJ, and louisiana objectively are the scariest. especially NJ with a lot of their desolate woodsy road areas, and all their urban legends.

http://weirdnj.com/
>>
>>18161042
http://weirdnj.com/category/stories/
>>
mexico
>>
Depends on your flavor of spooky.

Alaska top most charts.
>>
>>18150516
>>
>>18154063
>robbing a trailer park
>>
>>18139731
I love WI, have a home there, and have had some of the best times in my life in that state.
>>
>>18161042
I wouldn't say NJ is scariest for supernatural reasons. But I agree it is scary.

Pennsylvania? Yes I agree there is something dark about that place.
>>
>>18139903
>Penn
cab vouch for this i live in pa poconos specifically and we got some pretty spoopy stuff going on here
>>
>>18137697
Wtf is wrong with you guys I live in a huge trailer park and never do anything of the sort
>>
>>18156319
Such as?
>>
>>18138505
whats spooky about virginia?

I just moved here from the west coast
>>
>>18142734
I left CT, but that state is spooky as fuck.
>>
>>18162182
Drug addicts and negros would.
>>
>>18138505
>>18138839

Heyyyy I live in Naugatuck
>>
NJ. They have a damn magazine series that has been going on for 48 issues and counting...
>>
>>18137680
reporting in from Virginia. I go to William and Mary, right by the old colonial city. Shit can get weird at night.
>>
It's a tiebreaker between Louisiana, Florida, New Mexico. You literally cannot argue against this.
>>
>>18137680
Wyoming. No one for miles at some points, a bomb housing abandoned building every couple miles on the highway, abandoned power plant in Cheyenne, a bunch of deserted cities, and heart mountain a gook containment camp during WWII
>>
File: ruzdL.jpg (56KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
ruzdL.jpg
56KB, 500x282px
>>18160984
>sketchy
>literally just shows peace prevailing over war
>>
>>18160528
Underrated post.
>>
>>18137680
Florida.
We don't have many aliens or monsters, but we have actual batshit insane people and swamps.
Although I have a couple stories of creepy shit that I've seen, living near a small forest and a swampy creek. And like 80% sure my and the neighbor's house are haunted.
>>
>>18168825
I have a friend from just outside Tampa. She told me it is a fairly common occurrence for people to hear rapid knocks on their 2nd, or 3rd story windows without any reasonable explanantions. This ever happen to you anon?
>>
>>18168856
Yeah. not far from tampa myself. About twice a year something like that happens, oddly the dogs don't always react.
Similarly I've had two ghost sightings in my house. First was a cousin taking a picture in front of the foyer mirror with her sister, skinny white figure was walking behind them with very clear arms and hunched posture. Second time I was showering and a pale white-greyish hand slapped the window (One of those thick blurry windows you only see clearly when something is touching it). Nobody was outside that night, and I distinctly remember it being more grey than hands should be.
>>
>>18137680
Hawaii. There is a shit ton of Hawaiian, Filipino, and Japanese ghost stories or legends that accommodate the islands.

Plus, there is Pearl Harbor which is reportedly very haunted every December 7th
>>
>>18168862
Not the same anon but maybe the shower hand was that orangutan that escaped from bush gardens kek
>>
757 What it do! Portsmouth is very haunted. Olde Town is a very eerie place late at night. St pauls episcapal in Norfolk is mad haunted. I hear d footsteps whenI left the courtyard, turned around, nobody...oh yeah and crawford road in newport news. Apparently the KKK meets there, and the little bridge is haunted. I saw weird fog out there that seemed to dance around my headlights
>>
File: 1451027010630.jpg (165KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1451027010630.jpg
165KB, 1680x1050px
California is pretty spoopy. Especially the hollywood area.
>>
couldnt pay me to drive through central/western ohio roads at night. literally nothing around for miles.
>>
>>18138107
Absolutely.
Lived an hour from Virginia City.
>>
New Mexico or maybe California
>>
>>18139804
>Know of any good spooks/abandoned places around the state?
Masonic cave outside Burns, Maryhill stonehinge, Shanghai tunnels under Portland, Umatilla arms depot, Hanford(WA) and Trojan Nuclear Power Plant. The vortex hoax
>>
>>18140326

Are you talking about Phipps' Bend?

If you are near there check out the ghost town that is Pressmen's Home.
>>
>>18149381

Having lived in Rhode Island for a while, there is nothing much spooky there at all. They had the Ladd School but that got torn down. I've had personal experiences there involving my old house but that ended long before I moved out.
Connecticut is scary though, I've heard Dudleytown is fucked up.
>>
There have been werewolf/dogman sightings around wisconsin.
>>
>>18137680
>being this retarded
lived in Shreveport Louisiana for 15 years
>Louisiana isn't all bayous and two toothed hicks
however, there are places like this the farther south you go
>da da ding ding ding ding ding ding
>>
Louisiana has more niggers than bayous that my friend is a fact
>80% of population black
>>
>>18173132
That's a lot o' spooks if you ask me!
>>
>>18137680
>>18173123
Shreveport is not anything like down in south Louisiana. The bayou is fucking weird man. It gives me the chills at night. All the noises, all the frogs and crickets whatever weird ass things lurk there and you cant see them. It's pitch black and all you see is water and feel mud and hear crazy shit. It's an experience. I didn't even read the Louisiana part at first and knew it would be mentioned.

http://www.prairieghosts.com/myrtles.html
Went to the myrtles when I was a kid, had lots of paranormal experiences overall as a child but I had way too many weird things happen at the Myrtles house. It's just too creepy
>>
File: Eerie_Indiana-1.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Eerie_Indiana-1.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>18137680
Indiana m88
>>
>>18168825
Hell yes. These swamps are riddled with Native American spooks and ghouls of the dead. I've seen some crazy shit around okeechobee lake region
>>
>>18137697
That's how it goes everywhere here. People have a staring problem.

t. Arkansan
>>
>>18138974
Ayyyy /k/omrade!
>>
Whichever state the Vikings disappeared from.
>>
>>18138166
As someone who has lived all their life in Texas I agree with this, not because of the cartel shit since I don't live that south but it's creepy as fuck at night and we have a lot of good ass urban legends and just general creepy shit like that
>>
>>18137680
The book "The Devil In Connecticut" describes a possession that began in Newtown due to a curse put on the family by Satanists.

Well in the book they mention a particular room in a house in Newtown where the supernatural encounter began.

But this story actually concealed something much more sinister involving a well on the property where a demon lives.

Though story attained national attention due the 'devil made me do it' defense when the spirit left the boy and entered a family friend, the location of the well is a closely guarded secret. All that is known is that it is somewhere in Newtown.

And what is very incredible is the demon was allegedly Beelzebub. So literally Beelzebub supposedly lives in Connecticut.

This would fit with the facts as they have been developing in that state. and there are plenty of posts in this threat with touch on this fact.

I'd say Connecticut is the most spooky state if you consider its size and history and reputation. It has a disproportionate amount of supernatural and sinister stories coming out of it. A constant stream and a favorite of ghost hunters and exorcists alike.
>>
>>18174917
>threat

I meant to say "Thread" but the ghosts must not want me to say anymore
>>
>>18160984
>not mentioning all the blatant Illuminati shit

>There is a dedication marker in the airport inscribed with the words "New World Airport Commission". It also is inscribed with the Square and Compasses of the Freemasons, along with a listing of the two Grand Lodges of Freemasonry in Colorado. It is mounted over a time capsule that was sealed during the dedication of the airport, to be opened in 2094. The Freemasons participated in laying this "capstone" (the last, finishing stone) of the airport project.

and the runways look like a swastika, which you can definitely see on google maps.

Also that horse statue that killed it's creator. It'e eyes glow at night and it's got a huge nutsack. It's pretty bitchin.
>>
>>18139582
>Norm Macdonald did a rare comedy show when he was 47 with his initials NM in the background. no doubt controlled by the hierarchy.
He's a pretty weird guy. I wouldn't put it past him these days. That whole "I was never really drinking on stage" thing got to me. He just seems off now.
>>
>>18149278
What part of Georgia?
>>
>>18172967

Replying to myself here. The Tennessee Valley Authority abandoned a nuclear power plant in Upper East Tennessee after the Three Mile Island scare. Thousands of riverfront acres still supposedly maintained by the federal government. Maybe they will revive it in the next century.

The wikipedia page is still updated by idiots flying drone cameras overhead:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phipps_Bend_Nuclear_Power_Plant
>>
>>18137680
Ohio.

Just fucking go to Ohio, you don't even have to find anywhere specific.
>>
>>18160528
Top fucking kek
>>
>>18146643
>Deliverance is creepy as fuck
Did you never actually watch this movie? It's about a bunch of big-talking asshat city boys playing smartass with the locals, then accidentally running afoul of a still (completely unrelated to any previous encounters), covering up a couple murders, and possibly killing a totally innocent man in the process. What's creepy about any of this?
>>
The most scared I've ever been was in broad daylight in New Orleans.

I've lived in Louisiana all my life except for college (I came back after). Went hunting with my dad out in one of the old spillways. The woods themselves aren't that bad, really. Animals are just animals. No, it's people who will fuck you up.

I was down in NOLA visiting a friend for the weekend and we went to the French Market. It's right on the edge of the Quarter and the Marigny, which is more local (though yuppies from up North are beginning to run everyone out), so it's a fun combination of tourist trap and people watching. I don't remember any of the trip but this. I was checking out some African clothes a guy was selling and shooting the shit with him, and I started walking to catch up with my friend who was ahead. On my left side I glanced and saw a woman, dyed short hair, hovering between fat and obese, sitting behind a table that read "TAROT READINGS." My mom is into that kind of shit, and I thought idly about getting a reading. As soon as I thought it, the woman's eyes snapped to me, and she smiled.

Now, I work with various people, many of whom are criminals, many of whom have serious issues. And those of you who work in those sorts of situations know the feeling you get when somebody is "off." We have a ton of intuitions that we don't consciously think about, but all of us have warning signs that we'll listen to, when somebody just isn't right. Little alarms that ring below the surface.

Every single one began to scream. Every single thing about that woman was wrong. Her hands were like claws. Her eyes were like a shark's. Her skin was pallid and caked with makeup like a doll. And her teeth... Jesus. It was like looking at an image of the Cheshire cat. It seemed like she had a
hundred teeth between her lips.

Also holy shit this is running over length. That's a first.

>>18173123
Shreveport doesn't count. Go home.
>>
>>18175253

There's really not much else to tell, but I wanted to briefly mention the lasting feeling I took away from the encounter. I knew, somewhere deep down, that in that moment, in broad daylight, surrounded by others, I was looking into the face of a predator, and it knew I was prey.

I remember staring at this thing in human skin for what seemed like ten seconds before walking quickly away. I felt its eyes on my back until the crowd closed back in around me.

Anyway, sorry for writing so much about such a nonevent. I'm sure it's boring to read. I have some more shorter stories about spooky small town nonsense but they aren't terribly interesting.
>>
>>18175275
i wanna hear your stories
>>
>>18175296
Ok, here's one.

So the thing about living near rivers is that they're damned inconvenient. The Mississippi is huge and winding and a general fucking nuisance by the time it gets to Louisiana. But for all of that, boats are still the best way to get lots of shit where you want it to go cheaply. And before cars and the railroad, the river was really the only way to get things done. So up and down the Mississippi runs what we all call the river road, and it services all the towns that made their living along the river.

Well and good. But after those towns were founded, the levees went up, and the highways came through, and the railroads were laid. The lucky towns had train stations get built for them, but most just dwindled. And once the interstate was built, the only reason those communities continued to exist was inertia.

What all this means is that if you decide to drive from Baton Rouge to New Orleans on I-10, you'll make it in about an hour and a half on a raised interstate that rears through swamp and lakes. Do it on the river road, which follows all the twists and turns of the Mississippi, and you'll be lucky to make it in four.

That's if you don't stop in any of the towns that come and go, with their vacant buildings and peeling paint and inhabitants who always seem to be lounging on the trunks of their cars and trucks from the 70s and 80s. If you don't stop to see all the old plantation homes that went to seed after Reconstruction, when the freed slaves decided they'd had enough of working the land, or the ruined foundations that gape like sockets in overgrown nettles with only burnt chimmneys standing like menhirs to mark a family name that faded away a century ago.

If you don't stop to look at the pretty fucking churches with their pretty fucking graveyards.

Continuing.
>>
>>18175493

I'd been travelling a few hours when I came across the church in question. Protestant church, done in thst plain style of white oainted wood and large clear windows. It had one of those historical marker signs thst litter the States. No idea what it said--probably something about how some asshole founded the church in the 17th century before flooding and fires and frogs falling from the sky moved the congregation to its current spot. I drove down a ways to the graveyard in the back and hopped out for a look. I've always enjoyed finding the oldest gravestone I can; I'm into history and it's nice to try to imagine the lives of these people.

The first thing I noticed was that the graveyard wasn't kept very well at all. That was weird, especially since the church seemed in good condition. The stereotype about us taking care of our graves is an accurate one. The ground wasn't very even, and lots of gravestones were broken or leaning.

Then I saw the crypt. Most of you are familiar with the necropoli of New Orleans. We have a bunch of crypts above ground because the water table is so high. But it's not that high in the town I was in. In fsct, that was the only crypt. And it was in the back, distant from the others. And it had been on a hill.

I say "had" because something had gone seriously fucked. I noticed the crypt because of a yellow ribbon around it. When I went closer, I saw the ribbon was a ratchet cable wrapped tightly around the building. There was an enormous rent in the crypt itself, shearing it nearly on two, and the building had sunk deep into the hill. I went around to look at the front of the crypt, and I saw a chained and rusted gate. Which would have been totally fine had I not noticed three things in quick succession.

One, the disturbed ground was on the side of the gate leading into the dark tunnel of the hill. Not the side I was standing on.

Continued.
>>
>>18138190
THE LIBYANS
>>
>>18175493
>>18175525

Second, cemeteries are usually very peaceful. This one seemed patient. In this context, the difference between peaceful and patient is alarming.

Third, the birds had stopped singing. As had the crickets. And the cicadas. The world was dead silent.

I looked into that dark tunnel, and the logical part of me explained that subsidence and weathering had caused erosion, with catastrophic results for the architecture of the crypt.

Which was all well and good until I saw the masonry that had been sent flying from the rupture. Outwards.

Only outwards. The inside was very clean.

Barring all the scuff marks that never went beyond the rusted gate.

I love my state, but it is fucked up in a major way.

Anyway that's all for now. Hope that was sufficiently spooky. It's hard to explain how seemingly inconsequential things can be so pants-shittingly weird, but I hope I've done a good job of communicating my unease.
>>
I think it's Connecticut. For such a small state, there is a disproportionately high amount of strange stuff that goes on. I myself experienced seeing shadow people on three separate occasions. I was victim to demonic obsession one time.

Two summers ago I accidentally found the Undercliff Sanatorium while exploring around Castle Craig. I, randomly, decided to walk in one direction in the woods for 30 minutes, and I stumbled upon this weird compound. I didn't know what it was at the time. However, it felt weird being there, difficult to explain. The main facility was demolished, but other old buildings were standing. I only saw two vehicles, both were state vehicles. No trespassing signs were everywhere. There were some houses with extremely high fences, but they all had mechanical gates and looked more like they were keeping the people inside than protecting from outsiders. I saw some people watching me and left. On Google maps, the only entrance is accessible only by government people. This is in Meriden.
>>
>>18137680
I am currently living in the US and I'm literally not on this map
>>
>>18161042
And don't forget Slender Man really likes it there! (EverymanHYBRID,Dark Harvest, and Whispered Faith all take place there).
>>
>>18146643
my dad is from this area of georgia and knows a lot of the people in that movie. the guy playing the banjo works at walmart there now.
>>
>>18137680
Michigan

>go to detroit
>sun goes down
>everyone vanishes :0
>>
>>18153337
>Kansas

i live here i assume you do.

Have you been seeing bright blue flashes of light indoors and outdoors in the past few years?
>>
>>18139903
Another vote for PA, you can find all sorts of weird mining posts and parts of old towns just completely overgrown in the woods. There's a lot of history and anyone outside the city is weird as fuck. I do miss it.
>>
>>18148665
that video is fucking great though. I love the absolute trust some people give in regards to certain films, all logic goes straight out the window.
>>
>>18161042
Jersey fag here, stay out of the pines from October to March. Other than that it is a lot of small localized stuff. More haunted inns than I can count. Lots of ship wrecks along cape may. Some old abandoned coastal defenses from every war since the seven years war. Nothing major.

The big one was to avoid the pines in winter, especially around lakes. Not sure why other than a widely agreed upon no no.

Back in 93 my 2nd grade teacher was in the paper for claiming the jersey devil ripped her dog in half. Was probably a brown bear but she went nutso.
>>
>>18142734
I'm trying to start a lowkey paranormal investigation group with friends in CT and would love for you to list some good places to check out, man
>>
>>18139731
920 checking in there's plenty of spooky shit here if you know some history like the hundreds of natives buried under Butte Des Morts or how about the Menominee tribe slaughtering the fuck out of the Sioux for their rice lakes up north. Good times here in Wisco.
>>
>>18139541
people are starting to take my pic /:
>>
>>18137680
New York, loads of ghosts there. They're not dead yet, but alas wisp around ignorant to the world.
>>
>>18139731
Lived here my while life, you just get used to it. Then you live for it.
>>
File: 1461130679239.jpg (68KB, 891x595px) Image search: [Google]
1461130679239.jpg
68KB, 891x595px
>>18137680
>>18138505
>>18165836
>>18167446
>>18138048
Just grabbing people with Virginia in their post but...

Greetings from /k/. We have a Virginia kik group chat going on for a spoop hunt...Dont really think theres shit in Virginia in terms of spooky creatures/cryptids/whatever.

But if youve heard of some shit in VA let me know....also if youre in VA and have guns and want to go innawoods
>>
File: REEE.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
REEE.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>>18141360
>Imblying Big Foot isn't an Oregon thing

YUO FUCKING HIPSTER FAGGOTS ARE STEALING EVERYTHING FROM OUR NOBLE STATE.
>>
>>18139584
Another NM slave here.
Everyone in this state should be murdered.
FUCK THIS PLACE
>>
>>18177802
I'm not that anon, but there seem to be enough CT people here for an /x/ meetup. I'm jthadglen on kik
>>
>>18178255
Add me
theScei
>>
>>18178968
do you have guns and/or cryptid knowledge?
>>
File: kansas konstitution.jpg (647KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
kansas konstitution.jpg
647KB, 1200x801px
>>18153337
>>18153466
>>18177587
>spoopy Kansas

What are you guys going on about? I've lived in Kansas for 15 years. Avid hunter and fisherman, go innawoods a lot and have never seen anything unusual. This state is peaceful and uneventful. The only scary thing here is niggers in downtown Wichita.
>>
>>18174922
>blue horse
>orange eyes
>in Denver
Gee whiz, what could that possibly represent?
>>
>>18139755
I lived 6 miles away from Virginia City for 12 years. You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>18149504
I've lived here for the vast majority of my life. I've seen and felt some things on my long walks and hikes in the desert (and camping trips) that I can't explain. That's a story for another time though. HINT: Not skinwalkers
>>
>>18139869
Nigger how is this paranormal
>>
>>18179648
>orange
>>
>>18153380
>>18153380
>H-hey guys guess what?
>What senator anon?
>Some guys on a paranormal 4chan board were talking about M-Malloy! Isn't that funny?
>>
>>18138061
Earliest formation of The Blue Man Group
>>
File: 15643456436.jpg (142KB, 1365x1024px) Image search: [Google]
15643456436.jpg
142KB, 1365x1024px
>>18179756
Yes, orange. It's a color. Here's a sample.
>>
>>18161042
For NJ everybody mentions the Pine Barrens and the Jersey Devil, but they forget to mention Clinton Road in Northwest Jersey. That place is actually fucked.
>>
>>18137680
> Spookiest state
Would totes be the state of mind just before achieving pure self awareness
>>
File: route 666.jpg (333KB, 1300x960px) Image search: [Google]
route 666.jpg
333KB, 1300x960px
>>18155282
>zanesville
>not mentioning route 666
>>
So many 757s in this thread. We should go exploring spooky places. I have a car.

I'm in Virginia Beach
>>
>>18174997
Fuck that Ohio's sweet. Makes Nj look like even bigger douchers than we are
>>
NJ - Clinton Road
>>
File: 1467989721072.jpg (26KB, 383x384px) Image search: [Google]
1467989721072.jpg
26KB, 383x384px
Nevada its just so barren and weird.
Idk how to describe it
>>
>>18138839
Where is this forest? I may have been to the same one but I haven't had the same experience as you

>>18138505
Holy shit where is that
>>
>>18181376
>don't know how to describe it
>barren and weird

I think you described it pretty perfectly
>>
>>18175982
Underrated
>>
>>18175275
That is actually really creepy and interesting. I know the French market fairly well and could imagine the setting and area you're referring to.
>>
File: 1470595377215.jpg (52KB, 657x613px) Image search: [Google]
1470595377215.jpg
52KB, 657x613px
>>18139582
>>
>>18167267
what's up CT fag, Ansonia reporting in
>>
>>18137680
I live in VA, Amelia to be exact.

Spooky shit has happened all over the state, especially when I go to Louisa. Wouldn't say spookiest, but probably up there since we had revolutionary war. A lot of houses still stand that were used to treat wounded soldiers
>>
File: phpCbCeVZPM.jpg (67KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
phpCbCeVZPM.jpg
67KB, 1000x562px
>>18181378
Holy Land USA in Waterbury, CT. I actually went there this summer
>>
File: Snapchat-38106225241231379.jpg (1017KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-38106225241231379.jpg
1017KB, 1080x1920px
>>18181723
>>
File: SierraEscarpmentCA.jpg (424KB, 2359x600px) Image search: [Google]
SierraEscarpmentCA.jpg
424KB, 2359x600px
I don't know if it's the spoopiest, but California could be considered spoopy if you have a fear of open space and desolation.

When most people think of California, they think about Los Angeles, San Diego, or San Fransisco. I live in L.A. now. I used to live in San Diego. I've been to San Fransisco several times. Down in North County San Diego, there were some spoopy places. A lot of that area is chaparral and canyons with the occasional subburb spattered in between. It wasn't uncommon at all to hear packs of 20+ coyotes running around and howling near your backyard, or in it.

Back to the point though. If you get out of the cities, drive maybe 45 minutes, you can get into some pretty wild areas. I have a personal fondness for the Mojave Desert and Death Valley. It's amazing how many abandoned mines and little towns are out there in the plains and mountains just waiting to be discovered. There's also a bunch of abandoned WW2 planes hanging out in Antelope Valley near Edwards A.F.B.

Head a little North of Death Valley and you enter into the Owens Valley, Eastern Sierra Nevadas, and Alabama Hills. It is mind-blowingly gorgeous. Miles of flat expanse hit the a wall in the Eastern escarpment of the Sierra Nevadas which rise from the Owens Valley at 4000 ft above sea level to over 14000 ft above see level in less than 3 miles laterally. On the Eastern side of the Owens lie the Alabama Hills. Many old Western movies were filmed there. Pic related is the Owens valley. Looking west from the White Mountains towards the Eastern Sierra Nevadas. There's still a lot to found out here.
>>
>>18163240
Scariest thing about the poconos are the hicks and trailer folk. The weather is crappy and the only supernatural thing is how fucking terrible the Bagel Heaven in Tannersville is.
>>
File: 1466053488406.png (177KB, 580x418px) Image search: [Google]
1466053488406.png
177KB, 580x418px
>>18175275

>> mfw you ran away from a perfectly fuckable paranormal qt
>>
>>18177855
920 here as well
>>
>>18139731
Live in Minnesota, love Wisconsin. But I agree that MN, WI or upper MI would be the creepiest states.
>100's if not 1000's of miles of forest, that hasn't been fully explored.
>>
There's this weird pet cemetery in Maine, near these old cairns. Kinda creepy trying to bury shit there at night.
>>
>>18149504
>>18179746
WHERE AT IN NEVADA
I LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS GOD FORSAKEN STATE
>>
>>18137680
Kansas
>>
>>18179621
>downtown Wichita.
Thats all hipsters and hobos anymore
>>
>>18138505
>Iowa
yeah right. we have jack shit out here. just a couple town-cities, a few towns, and shitloads of corn.
>>
>>18151186
Well, considering how much cops bitch about their jobs given how safe it is (driving a truck is more dangerous, for comparison), yea they do suck desu.
>>
>>18137680
Lived in Virginia almost all my life. Never had anything spooky happen.
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.