[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the essential Crowley texts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Liber_AL_Vel_Legis.png (74KB, 621x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Liber_AL_Vel_Legis.png
74KB, 621x1041px
What are the essential Crowley texts?
>>
The ones by Duquette.
>>
>>18136796

kek

>>18136789

Magick Without Tears
Magick in Theory and Practice

Those two are probably his best.
>>
>>18136796
"No."

>>18136789
Magick in Theory in Practice
Liber 65
Liber 7
Liber 333
Liber L vel Legis
Liber 418
Liber os Abysmii vel Da'ath
Liber AHA
All rituals in Class D
>>
>>18136811
>Magick Without Tears
A touch reductive but useful.

If we're going to put MWT on the list of Essentials then I motion to tack Liber Aleph.
>>
you mean Molester Crowley?
>>
>>18136838

MWT remains his most lucid work. Not sure of what value Aleph might be to someone just looking into Crowley. 418 and 333 might be two of my favorites, but again of what utility to the uninitiated?

One of the problems with Crowley is that there is just so much Crowley and produced at so many points in his career. More musing than necessarily disagreeing.
>>
Thanks, /x/. I have copies of Book 4 (Parts I and II), The Book of Lies, The Book of the Law, and The Book of Thoth, and will certainly look into your recommendations.
>>
>>18136878
>The Book of Thoth

That was the first Crowley text I read. I liked it, but not sure how much I got out of it. Being familiar with the GD material helped.
>>
>>18136849
Liber 333 got me fish-hooked on all this.

I tend to agree with the Orthodox assertion that Liber 418 is more Theogony than the rest of the materials, despite its late arrival. Doctrine unfolds in the upper Aethyrs in a way that's variant too, complimentary of, and more detailed than L, etc., without the need for multiple stacks of commentary like L has.
>>
>>18136887
>Liber 333 got me fish-hooked on all this.

Really? I became hopelessly hooked on 333 during the troubles. I suppose that's not terribly surprising.

>Doctrine unfolds in the upper Aethyrs in a way that's variant too, complimentary of, and more detailed than L, etc., without the need for multiple stacks of commentary like L has.

I can't disagree. For me, 418 is more important than CCXX. I don't trust LIL, though. It's too pat.
>>
>>18136817
In that order?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.