[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dying in your sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: sleep.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
sleep.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
I often wonder what its like to die in your sleep. What happens from your pov. You go to sleep and just never wake up. its eternal darkness. I cant wrap my mind around it. what do you think?
>>
You could only be so lucky to die in your sleep. I will probably get shot by a nigger.
>>
it aint internal sleep buddie you to hell if you should never good christianity in your life
>>
>>18135445
>i can sentance well thanks for teech bible cherch
>>
>>18135441
lets hope not thats the case be positive..
>>
Nothing happens from your POV. It's the same as if you die any other way. You just don't exist any more.
>>
>>18135481
you still exist because your body is still around
>>
wonder how many died in their sleep due to fright from nightmares or sleep paralysis
>>
>>18135502
"From your POV". Your body may still exist but once it ceases to function, so does your mind.
>>
From your perspective? You jolt awake and go on with your
Iife. From others? Dead and gone, in the casket.
>>
>>18135445
I'll choose hell if every one in heaven speaks as you do.
>>
Obviously you wake up dead.
>>
You enter into phase 9, you experience creation and destruction and transcend into an angel of light, the rest is up to you right now.
>>
It's quite simple really, if you can let go of your instinct to stay alive. You fall asleep, soon your dreams will become surreal and eventually your ability to think will be gone. Gone like turning off your phone/tablet/computer. You have to remember you are just energy anyways. You are similar to that device you turn off. Just remember. Energy is either reconstructed or in the process of supervenience.
>>
>>18135436
I would imagine the reality of it would be very violent and not as peaceful as everyone thinks. Let's say that you have a heart attack while sleeping, you are going to wake right the fuck up instantly from the incredible pain that hits you in the chest and be to weak to get up and go to a phone to call for help, then you would just sit there in fear and confusion since you just woke up. I would honestly rather die awake and aware of what's going on
>>
>>18135436
How on earth would we know?
None of us here is dead.
>>
>>18136393
>>18136393
This is really what he unironically thinks lol
>>
>>18135436
I like to think of it like i'm in the middle of asttral projection and the thread just snaps. Then you're free to explore other planes until you reincarnate or go to heaven or some shit like that
>>
>>18136540
>>18136540
This is what he unironically thinks lol
>>
>>18135445
ejucashun nevar dun u no gud
>>
>>18136635
YEH i lern me heeps at skool
>>
>>18135436
These "afterdeath" threads are getting more and more retarded. I understand someone can have doubts about what's after death, but you have experienced sleeping before and you're saying you don't comprehend how would be to not wake up. Don't know if it's just me, but that sounds stupid.
>>
>>18135436
die in your sleep

>>18135505

If your mind ceases to exist, then you don't have a POV.

>>18135556
>You jolt awake
Then you did not die in your sleep.

>>18135646
>Obviously you wake up dead.
Semantically quite amusing.

>>18136032
> wake right the fuck up
> since you just woke up
> rather die awake and aware.
I really don't think you meant that, and you did not read OP either.

>>18135436
Me. I am hoping for a massive stroke in my sleep. You do not feel the pain of the blood pressure in your brain, you stay asleep, you are not conscious.

Reasons: The grey matter of your brain does not have nerves that feel pain. You can drill a hole through your skull into the brain, and the only bit that hurts is the first 1 cm or so (3/8 inch). This is how some neurosurgery is done, you can be conscious and talking to the surgeon.

A family friend of mine had a moderately large stroke and swears he did not feel a thing, but he did sort of know that something was wrong. He is hoping that his family history of Heart attacks (very painful) bypasses him and he suffers a massive stroke in his sleep.
>>
>>18135445
Wat?
>>
next thing you know you are in Hades...
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.