[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So suicide is associated with damnation, ending up in hell or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: face.jpg (40KB, 806x720px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
40KB, 806x720px
So suicide is associated with damnation, ending up in hell or limbo, stuff like that. But what is going to happen in the future when people become immortal through medicine? And the only way to die is through accident or violence.

What if you're around for 1000+ years and make the decision to die because you're tired of life? That is a decision to die and so it's suicide? Most people in the future will die through suicide.
>>
File: endura.jpg (161KB, 659x1163px) Image search: [Google]
endura.jpg
161KB, 659x1163px
Our Savior committed suicide, proving there is nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>18135274
>He "gave" up his life. He didn't "take" his own life. Suicide is a selfish act. Sacrifice is an act of love.

That's what I found about it on a forum.
>>
>>18135267
If technology was that advanced, I'd just put myself in stasis out of curiosity to see what happened.
>>
File: black_magic.jpg (71KB, 460x390px) Image search: [Google]
black_magic.jpg
71KB, 460x390px
>>18135279
>He "gave" up his life. He didn't "take" his own life.

So if I lay on train tracks and allow the train to run over me all to impress The Girl it's not suicide since I gave it up for someone else.
>>
>>18135290
I don't think trying to impress a girl can be compared to trying to save everyones soul, but yeah maybe? I don't even know if the bible stories are real or not.

This whole theme of people killing themselves experiencing shit I came across in many tales, even if you disregard christianity.
>>
>>18135267
Death cannot be removed from this material realm. Even Brahma - who lives for 311 trillion years from the birth of this universe until its death - will die.
>>
>>18135279

>Far from the life of Jesus being depicted as an example to be followed by humanity, the Sorcha Faal reveals, the only true meaning of His life was revealed in His death thus allowing everyone to choose their own time of departure from this physical world.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1725.htm
>>
>>18135267
Imo it may be a setback in evolution to kill oneself. If one is an animal consciousness slowly growing eventually you reach self awareness. Then you can become human. Killing oneself is trying to end this self awareness. You then drift for a while in twilight, until your soul has been washed clean of its pain. This is like forgetting stuff, and remembering. Problem is that past pain is pain from oneself, and so to remove yourself from pain its like forgetting oneself. If you can continue growth in another life, you may face that pain in different forms, but it will be nearly impossible for you to remember your past self while living.

In some ways we don't owe our existence to the world, but the world benefits from our growth, as we do from its own. If everyone ran from their challenges then they would remain unsolved for future generations. Most of my dream time is visiting past realms then forgetting myself. If I am truly in the moment every moment, I bring the fullness of my soul and awareness into life and the forgetting becomes less painful. When one lives every moment to the best of their ability they no longer need to hold onto the past, time becomes perfected and the soul gains expanded awareness of space and time.

Think about how well you know yourself in the present, how much your pain keeps you occupied. Filling your attention and creating intense experiences of life. When you run from that the experience of life slips away, and you go unconscious to yourself. When you fully face it you pass through your thoughts and emotions into expansive freedom. Its all to awaken your awareness of yourself.
>>
>>18135290
Anon, the girl who told you dying on the train tracks would impress her... She was fucking with you. She still won't date you.
>>
File: forUhoney.jpg (103KB, 699x445px) Image search: [Google]
forUhoney.jpg
103KB, 699x445px
>>18135998
>Anon, the girl who told you dying on the train tracks would impress her... She was fucking with you. She still won't date you.

NOW you fuckin' tell me.
>>
Suicide is an incredibly symbolic expression of will, the refusal of this existence.
>>
>>18136875
>tfw you deeply reject this existence
>tfw you can't kill yourself though because it would cause immense horror to people who care about you and might send you into hell forever

feels sooo good

. . .
>>
>>18136963
Yeah I know those feels all too well
>>
Suicide is only wrong because dead slaves can't work.
>>
>>18135267
it's ok, you just feed the pig
>>
>>18135267
People today get bored wit life only because their opportunities are limited by money or health. Given unlimited funds and perfect health boredom will be impossible unless someone has a mental illness, but that too can be cured.
>>
>>18138115
But that's wrong you fucking retard.

The sheer amount of choices would be overwhelming, causing people who don't already have something in mind to just go to their default mindless "time killer" activity, be it TV or browsing the internet or whatever.
>>
>>18135274
the mechanics of Christ's death are much more complicated though

sure, he knowingly went to death, but it's pretty facile to say this is 'suicide'

the actual death was caused by being pierced in the side by Longinus' spear, but surely his act of mercy can't be viewed in the same way as being condemned to die on the cross - so who holds accountability for Christ's death if not the collective Roman judicial system who sentenced him and the legionaries who carried it out

Christ was resurrected and so can he ever truly be considered as having 'died'

finally, and this depends a lot on your view of Christology, he was either a single being of a divine nature and a human one, or a human representative of a divine force. If the former, how can his divine soul expire?

The Cathars were an interesting bunch though, and it was the first time a heresy in the western church had been so violently expunged. Perhaps the Church powers did see some nuggets of wisdom in their teachings and feared people would latch onto the 'spiritual truth' in them, as the last point raises.
>>
>>18138183
>Christ was resurrected and so can he ever truly be considered as having 'died'
No resurrection without true death, this is a pretty central mystery of faith.
>>
File: stereotype-jew.gif (7KB, 307x362px) Image search: [Google]
stereotype-jew.gif
7KB, 307x362px
>>18138183
>so who holds accountability for Christ's death if not the collective Roman judicial system who sentenced him and the legionaries who carried it out
>>
>>18135267
Nobody should live forever. Nobody will ever deserve to live forever. If aomeone is guaranteed to live forever, it will invite them to be ruthlessly corrupt. I hope they make laws against medical immortality.
>>
1st, "Death" isn't the cessation of the body. "Death" is the permanent separation of creator from creation. Think of it like the sun suddenly "poof" and gone. So suicide isn't the death of the body but the rejection of your creator. And God will be like...ok, if that's what you want. I'm outta here!
>>
>>18138098
kek
>>
>>18138115
>opportunities are limited by money or health
I like to remind people of that when they say shit like "You get one life, so you have to do everything you want with it, and if you don't, it's your fault."
>>
>>18139023
>Death is good
No, it isn't.

>If aomeone is guaranteed to live forever, it will invite them to be ruthlessly corrupt.
But if *everyone* is guaranteed to live forever, corruption will be meaningless, because the elite control the masses with fear and immortals have nothing to fear.
>>
>>18139099
>So suicide isn't the death of the body but the rejection of your creator. And God will be like...ok, if that's what you want. I'm outta here!
Then God is a fucking idiot. "Oh, you were suffering so much that you were willing to risk there being nothing after death just to end your misery? Well, clearly the only right thing for me, the all-loving Creator, to do is to cut you off from my love and condemn you to misery and emptiness for all eternity."
>>
>>18135267
You seem to think the world will last long enough to witness this.
Protip: it's ending very soon
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.