[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transcending Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: arrival.jpg (83KB, 483x755px) Image search: [Google]
arrival.jpg
83KB, 483x755px
Can somebody explain the Heptapods language to me, and how it relates to Time.
>>
>>18132650

>Heptapods language

Could you explain it? I haven't seen the movie.
>>
>>18132666
its based on a book. The aliens speak and write in a language that somehow is related to their perception of time.
>>
>>18132678
>>18132678
Oh I understand better now.
>>
File: time.gif (2MB, 468x500px) Image search: [Google]
time.gif
2MB, 468x500px
>>18132678
>The aliens speak and write in a language that somehow is related to their perception of time.

Name a language that doesn't deal with time.
>>
>>18132650
When you post something in a thread, countless others read it while passing by the thread, never actually understanding its context, but nevertheless integrating your thought into their own dialogue

At the time they may not understand it, but as long as they remember it, they already possess knowledge about the context, even if they never actually learn what it was you were actually talking about

Unlike humans, I reckon, they remember everything they hear, so they structured their language for every sentence to be able to lead to new ideas,
unlike our language, which is very stop and go

"no, you're wrong" "you're stupid, just stop" "that doesn't make any sense" and so on
>>
>>18132678
>>18132685
So what makes you think this has anything to do with the paranormal?
>>
>>18132705
Just as fictional as everything else on the board, m8
>>
>>18132705
Well I assumed the aliens were alive and not just pre-rendered recordings
>>
>>18132712
That's a strange way of looking at it lol. Unless you're being an asshole.
>>
>>18132729
I picked up a phone call today and kept trying to interrupt the telemarketer so he would explain it to me, but he would just stop and stammer until I stopped talking and then just keep going and then he hung up

Like wtf lol was he pretending to be a bot?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.