[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defense and Protection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Hello, /x/, I have just recently gotten into magick (less than a month, but not because I am edgy, ever since I was young I have been around spiritual paths, especially eastern and new age thoughts) and my understanding of the universe has changed a lot since then. I recently got a hold of Psychic Self Defense, but I think it would be necessary to get a view of defense from experienced magicians and occultists.

How do I defend against invasive/negative thoughtforms/ infohazards? Forgotten Languages has gotten me sp00ked, and I do not feel ready to take on something like it.
What are some basic protections against curses? How do I prevent them and what do I do if I have one?
>>
Bump for interest.
You can do defense sigils/servitors that alert you if there is negative energy near by. I would like to know some more about physic defense or even forms of attacks and their weaknesses.
>>
With knowledge.
>>
silver and wrought iron are good as are salt. st. benedict medal, hamsa charm, sigils of archangels and crosses work. uncrossing oil is good for certain spells. those should keep you secure until you can work better meme magic.
>>
Best ways to protect yourself usually involve proper grounding. If you follow the chakra dogma, this can be done by "rooting"yourself to the earth. Most "curses" and negative energy will hit you and go straight to the earth. Like a lightning rod.

Other than that, protect your mental health via perception checks, watching out for paranoia/delusion and similar.

If you feel attacked or out of sorts and believe a metaphysical cause is the issue, grounding/rooting yourself will solve the problem most the time.

If you are not an energy worker/psion/whatever, or prefer traditional means, I suggest you look into the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram. LBRP for short.

If that fails, or you believe an entity/individual is out to get you, constructing protective wards, as well as practicing your "offense" is suggested, which can be as simple as projecting hostile intent, or creating servitors to alert you when under attack, or even to serve as a "dummy" via misdirection techniques.
>>
>>18131759
>I recently got a hold of Psychic Self Defense, but I think it would be necessary to get a view of defense from experienced magicians and occultists.

Who would tell you to read Psychic Self-Defense.
>>
>>18133791
Then what would you recommend
>>
File: 1470153689858.jpg (42KB, 878x905px) Image search: [Google]
1470153689858.jpg
42KB, 878x905px
>>18133796
Demons live in misery
They cannon survive in the dreams of a happy man

So change your thoughts, and beat them at their own game

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
>>
>>18133796
>Then what would you recommend

I should recommend reading Fortune's, Psychic Self-Defense. It's the standard text on the subject, first recommended to me nearly 30 years ago.

>>18133800
>Demons live in misery

Seems you know nothing of demons.
>>
>>18133842
Maybe that was the wrong wrod
>>
Red brick dust. It's easy and requires little to no actual juju. Lay it down and let a couple hundred years of intent do the work for you. I use that shit on everything.
>>
>>18133845
Doesn't crushing the brick dispel some of the intent?
>>
>>18133843
or maybe you got the answer you were looking for and should read the fucking book
>>
>>18133848
Brick is brick. In my experience it never mattered much.
>>
This is going to sound cheesy, but prayer worked extremely well against negative spirits for me.

Despite not being even remotely Christian, I started chanting the Lord's Prayer (went to Catholic school for a few years as a kid, and they drill that shit into your head) when I accidentally projected one night and found myself surrounded by a bunch of nasties, and alongside projecting a white light around myself, it held them off long enough for me to realize I was out of my body and snap back.

Another time, I kept waking up with what I believe was a deceased spirit trying to get into my dreams, and chanting the names of the archangels along with a similar visualization drove it away (I had no formal training in spirit work, so I had to put something together on the fly).

As I said I'm not Christian, so actually belonging to a particular denomination doesn't seem to be a prerequisite, but if you're not comfortable with Christian prayer, then try another spiritual tradition. All of them have systems of prayers and rituals designed to protect against spirits.

I suspect that the intention (both your own and the weight of intention build up behind the prayers over centuries) is enough to give them power even if you don't have any strong beliefs yourself.

I wouldn't worry about curses - most people who have the juice to pull one off have reached the point where they understand how useless curses are, at least in the Western world. They're a bigger issue in the third world and migrant communities, where sorcerers work for hire, powering their curses with the cooperation of spirits instead of with their own abilities.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.