[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just found out that my grandpa is a Freemason. It doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (70KB, 312x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70KB, 312x310px
So I just found out that my grandpa is a Freemason.

It doesn't seem like he's aware of the spoopy stuff that I've heard a but about, he said something about there being 3 ranks that he knew of and like 20 ranks above that, and that he didn't know much about the higher ones.

I am wanting to know more about this, and whether I could join. He said that I would need a recommendation if I wanted to join but that he could probably do that.

Should I do it, /x/? What does it mean, what do they do? I don't know much about this beyond what wikipedia has to say.
>>
>>18131267
Join and work your way up the ranks, then expose it all on here.
>>
>>18131276
infiltrate them, and expose them. if you plan on doing so dont tell us now or they might catch on to it and wont tell you any secrets
>>
>>18131282
Do you really think Freemasons browse /x/ and would know who OP is by his vague story?
>>
>>18131292
they're the Freemasons man you never know
>>
>>18131276
I agree that you should join even with those intentions because you'll soon see that they're actually good decent people and you'll decide to do nothing of the sort.
>>
>>18131267
That's because the lower ranks don't get to know shit. To make it to the higher ranks you have to be successful in business, That's kind of what it's all about. Money and power.
>>
>>18132593
That's bullshit.

It amazes me how so many of you cowans claim to know more than so-called "low level masons". How exactly did you acquire that knowledge? Was it Youtube by any chance?
>>
>>18132601
I've personally known masons in my life, Never had any in my immediate family but i was distantly related to one before he died.

Also worked for a few.

They all had one thing in common. They were all business owners.
>>
>>18132612
I'll grant that Freemasons are more likely to be successful in business but you're dead wrong in claiming that higher ranks require that sort of success.

The causation is the other way around if anything.
>>
>>18132616
>I'll grant that Freemasons are more likely to be successful in business
>you're dead wrong in claiming that higher ranks require that sort of success.
Why are you unable to see past your own contradictions?
>>
>>18132630
>The causation is the other way around if anything

Read my post again. I'm trying to meet you in the middle here, broseph.
>>
>>18131267
yeah, do it. My great-grandfather was same, Master Mason.
>>
>>18132637
he's dumb ignore the sheeple. cant force people to wake up
>>
>>18132637
So your saying being a freemason requires success or being successful requires being a freemason?

Literally what is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>18131267
>3 ranks
Degrees =/= ranks

>>18131282
http://www.stichtingargus.nl/vrijmetselarij/ritualen_en.html
There, since I'm guessing you're too cheap to just buy the rituals.

>>18131292
www.hownu.ru

>>18132630
>>18132656
It's not a contradiction, he's clearly just pointing out that successful people take that ethic with them everywhere.
>>
>>18132682
>muh work ethic
im sure most wealthy people got were they are today by trust funds and inheritances.

the work ethic of a guy working 8 hours a day for minimum wage is no different from that of a doctor, One just had more capital than the other.

>inb4 but muh dad or grandpa started a business back in the golden age of capitalism
>inb4 muh bootstraps
>>
>>18132707
You're forgetting the second part. You need dedication, but it's nothing without intelligence.
Trust fund people have to be the same way. After all, the easiest way to end up with a million dollars is to start with one billion.
>>
>>18132707
Someone immersed in the attitudes encouraged in Freemasonry is more likely to be successful than the average Joe. There's nothing nefarious about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOhxeDpc1f8

This video from Brother John does a decent job of explaining what I'm getting at here although it is fairly long. Check it out maybe. If you want.

In any case, your negative attitude towards successful people is the biggest barrier between you and personal success. You might want to think about that for a bit.
>>
Mason here. Not going to stick around to answer questions but really, freemasonry is just like any fraternity and the only "secrets" are secret handshakes and phrases used to identify degrees.

You don't need a recommendation anymore, just go to the lodge and express your interest and I guarantee they'll be ecstatic to have you. Looks great on a resume and is nice to give back to community.
Good luck
>>
File: 1461039997718.png (21KB, 474x459px) Image search: [Google]
1461039997718.png
21KB, 474x459px
>>
>>18133052
I hope you realise this doesn't actually trigger masons or anyone else who isn't schizophrenic.

Back to /fringe/ with you. Shoo, shoo.
>>
>>18132682
No one said degrees = ranks

He sad ranks, because he apparently got it from someone that knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>18133052
I'm Schizophrenic and it didn't trigger me. I don't even know what it is.
>>
>>18133155
"Oathbreaker". It's a forced meme.
>>
>>18133145
>he said something about there being 3 ranks that he knew of and like 20 ranks above that
That to me sounds like reference to the three degrees of Freemasonry, and allusion to the degrees of the A&AR when said to someone who doesn't understand it.
Otherwise go ahead and explain what the "ranks" are.
>>
>>18133330
I don't know what ranks are but I think if he meant degrees, he would have said degrees.
>>
>>18131267
wife's grandpa is 32nd degree, it's literally nothing.
>>
My grandpa has been a Free Mason since he was a kid, recommended from his father or something gay.

They're a bunch of old faggots. Nothing more.
>>
File: 1469432381392.png (728KB, 811x827px) Image search: [Google]
1469432381392.png
728KB, 811x827px
>>18133233
>33
>so buttflustered his oaths were shittershattered he had to numerically reinforce his own ass.

¿problem?
>>
>>18134707
Most people don't, and think that the degrees are ranks, is the point. Just a common mistake by non-members is all.
>>
mason's lady here

they mostly do charity stuff. every lodge does a different charity. also they sit around and drink scotch a lot
>>
the ranks are dependant on the type of lodge. scottish rite has 33 degrees. general freemasonry has 3. there are also other types which have other degrees as well
>>
>>18135738
>scottish rite has 33 degrees
Depends where you are. In America, there's only one degree (not rank), 32nd. Elsewhere in the world there's four (18, 30, 31, 32). 33rd is an honour.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.