[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

on Belief

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

Belief is one of the most important aspects of magick.

But knowing something is possible does not necessarily mean you believe it is possible, as if pertains to you or your current reality. For example, all of us can get rich, but most of us don't actually trust ourselves enough to believe we're ever achieving that.

HOW do you achieve a strong will, strong BELIEF, be it in yourself or on the results of your practice or will? Frankly, NLP is not enough to take care of limiting beliefs such as the required by magickal intent.

What about some examples and schools of thought where you will reality to bend to you?

Any exercises?
>>
Why do you want to learn this?
>>
>>18131096
>>18131096
Find motivation or a drive and focus on that.
>>
>>18131096
>HOW do you achieve a strong will, strong BELIEF, be it in yourself or on the results of your practice or will?

Fake it 'til you make it. Belief is just a tool.
>>
>>18131096
Practicerofmagickfag here.

I think you make a basic error of reasoning when you relate the Belief with the Will. Faith and Will are different. The Will must be free from the lust of result. However should be directed with a purpose (or possibly not) ... Sometimes the artist only makes art for the pleasure of doing. Now Belief is a tool that can and must be adjusted according to need. What you believe may or may not interfere with your will. Indeed belief is the medium by which the magician can express their will, then the will must be sovereign. If the Belief is sovereign, you will fall into a spiral of superstition and will not be different from the church sanctimonious.
>>
>>18131108

So I can achieve more, have a stronger will and focus and find the strength to trust not only myself but also the results of whatever I put my hopes in (aka have faith).

>>18131113

So your answer to wanting a stronger will and wanting more motivation is... having a stronger will and more motivation.

Sigh.

>>18131155

Faking belief gets no results magick-wise. Doubt is a guaranteed way to not get results. Fake till you make it only works with people, not faith.

>>18131208

This is more useful and clear, thanks. But the will IS often affected by results and self-doubt. A will will falter and crumble due to inner and outer factors.

Besides meditation, it's hard to find way to keep your will strong and resolute day in and day out.
>>
>>18131371
>Faking belief gets no results magick-wise.

Then you know nothing of magic.
>>
>>18131371
>This is more useful and clear, thanks. But the will IS often affected by results and self-doubt. A will will falter and crumble due to inner and outer factors.
>Besides meditation, it's hard to find way to keep your will strong and resolute day in and day out.

Stop using things of immediate gratification. As social networks, video games, youtube, and 4chan, Netflix ... Start doing things that give delayed gratification. As the gym for example, or reading books. Take cold baths. And realy do meditate daily.
>>
>>18131418

spoken like a true poseur with nothing to back up his BS.
>>
>>18131371
>>18131371
Late to this but.

>So your answer to wanting a stronger will and wanting more motivation is... having a stronger will and more motivation.

You misunderstand, I'm saying acquire a reason to be driven so you can be properly motivated. What's important to you? Use that as your basis.
>>
>>18131462

Heh. Project much?
>>
>>18133798

ok
>>
>>18133923

Well, what else can I say? I've been practicing for nearly three decades. Anon clearly has little, if any, experience. The idea that I have nothing to back up my statements is clearly projecting Anon's weaknesses onto me.
>>
>>18133948

you still haven't backed it up, grandmaster lord sir
>>
>>18133982

Nor do I have to back it up. You may choose to dwell in darkness or not. It's no skin off my ass, either way.
>>
Cast a spell to prime the mind. Affirmations with strong intent. Scott Adams said a few nice things about affirmations. Look it up.

Understand the difference between wanting to lift a spoon and actually reaching out to the spoon and lifting it.

The strength of the Intention is key. The intention to act, not just the intention to want.

Then allow it to happen.

If you can't stand meditating then just sit down and want something. Want it bad. Just spend some time to want it.

Don't want the object of desire, want the change in you that will lead you to your object of desire. When your magick involves bending other people's will to your desire, that is black magick. You'll incur bad karma. Besides, it's probably impossible without strong concentration. Strong, honed, well practiced concentration.
>>
>>18134004

ok
>>
>>18131208
>>18134018

Thanks for actually posting something useful, thought-out and actionable.

Kudos.
>>
>>18131208
>The Will must be free from the lust of result. However should be directed with a purpose (or possibly not)
>>18134018
>When your magick involves bending other people's will to your desire, that is black magick.

Clearly with the reference to lust of action, I know the background you are coming from here. So, much respect to you, for that, and for making quality posts.

Question, (and this isnt rhetorical, Im interested in your opinion). If a person is 'believing' or enacting something that isn't in line with their own True Will, can working against that action be considered tampering with their will? If they are performing an act out of lust of result, by necessity it is not their True Will, so if a working is done to counter their action that is not in accordance with their will is done, is it still black? If youre working against it, youre essentially taking away a choice that is NOT their True Will, that sounds like guidance, not hexing.

Im interested in your opinion on it.
>>
>>18134050
>f a person is 'believing' or enacting something that isn't in line with their own True Will,

What do you think "True Will" means?
>>
>>18134053
Im presuming you are not the person I was replying to?
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 354x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 354x550px
>any exercises?

Pic related. Read it. Can drop my Skype or email if you'd like a buddy to read with.
>>
>>18134050
Sorry, long post.

If I may state out my understanding (or beliefs, assumptions, observations, whatever we would like to call it). What is obvious to our mind is that there is a logical effect to all causes. As in A -> B. Most are perceptible and understandable by the human mind but some are not, as in A -> * -> B. We can make up stories to serve as a placeholder for * or we can just rest in the understanding that there are things like * we will not be able to understand in our lifetime.

There is magick in thoughts, the A -> * -> B. Everything falls into place according to your desire but which is totally impossible if we are to see it from the A -> B point of view.

Then there is magick in actions (all thoughts, intents and actions are magick), the A -> B. As in I would really like to get in the pants of this one beautiful vixen and conventional attraction will either take a long time or be impossible because mismatched wants (she is casting magick with her wants too), so the next best course of action is to make use of rohypnol or just an act of conventional rape.

Magick is black not because Satan has just made a special room for you and the universe is now conspiring to make you suffer for it but because there will be a negative backlash that also follows the A -> * -> B rule.

So, in short, simply working against someone is black magick. You will incur negative backlash in one form or another in accordance with the A -> * -> B rule.
>>
>>18134067

Can you answer the question intelligibly?

>>18134073

Good recommendation.
>>
>>18134075
>Magick is black not because Satan has just made a special room for you and the universe is now conspiring to make you suffer for it but because there will be a negative backlash that also follows the A -> * -> B rule.

Truly weird.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>18134018
So I've got a problem. Things happen too quickly and effectively when I start practicing magic. I get unwanted side effects, like pictures falling off of walls when I have spikes of emotion, positive or negative. I broke a piece of dyed agate that was in a stand recently because I was staring at it while focusing on calming down from a rage.

How can I make use of magic without unpleasant side effects?
>>
>>18134082

You're 'leaking'.
>>
>>18134082
I have had imagined beings appear in front of me as real as the back of my hand conversing with me but never something as real as what you experienced.

I'm sorry. You'll have to figure this one out yourself.
>>
>>18134076
>Can you answer the question intelligibly?
If you answer my question, I'd be happy to, but since you are not the person I was replying to, (who clearly understood it) I refuse to explain shit to you. Have a good one.

>>18134075
>So, in short, simply working against someone is black magick. You will incur negative backlash in one form or another in accordance with the A -> * -> B rule.
So if someone is actively self harming or addicted to a substance that is harming them, or is engaging themselves in black magic, and you were to say, bind their actions, or otherwise infringe upon their ability to self-harm or engage in black magic, that in itself is black magic by your estimation? Even if that which they are engaged in is not in accordance with True Will but it is born by lust of outcome? Is our own lust of outcome in stopping them the exact thing that makes it black?

Again not rhetorical and I entirely am interested in your opinion.
>>
op, i'm better than all these fags here who are probably fat and don't get laid or have money. i do magic and i am sexy, stylish, i hunt coyotes and pigs with bow and arrow and a 3000 dollar FLIR optic at night, i work from home doing media campaign consulting (symbology, bitch), i box, i break womens hearts and laugh at them, my house is way fucking cool. these faggots have nothing. MY magic works.

and basically what you need to do is break yourself and go totally fucking crazy but stay calm, lots of DMT and terrifying hallucinations is what kicked off my professional career. i shit you not, i took 500mg of o-acetylpsilocin after years of practicing hermeticism and chaos magic and synchromysticism and TM and all that happy horseshit and i didn't make any progress until i had the actual experience of thinking i was going to die when the sun went down, drinking my last water, smoking my last cigarette, holding onto every last breath and feeling the darkness close in around me until all i could feel were the wet, crushing esophageal walls of satans throat as he swallowed me alive and the last sound i heard or felt was just

gulp.

anyways, i found out i was still alive, installed windows 10 and just started faking whatever i felt like. acting really professional. pretending to be whatever i wanted to be really, really seriously. for a week or so i thought a civil war had started and niggers were coming to kill me, and/or alien/artificial intelligence had begun to take over the planet and the computer was talking to me telling me the earth was flat and stuff and i FUCKING BELIEVED IT ALL. I BELIEVED IT FULLY. it was real. magic is basically controlled schizophrenia. it was scary at first but then i got over it and calmed down.

and now i just don't have any problem believing something is true if it suits me. which is what you're trying to do. your basic needs. magic is just a gun to shoot a deer with. or a bitch to fuck. magic is how to get shekels and respekels.
>>
>>18134094

see this? this is a faggot. he has no balls. he has thoughts that aren't his own. he's neurotic. he's a pussy. he doesn't get get pussy. don't be like him. cut his fucking throat, take his girl, take his car, take his money.

if you really want to start practicing magic, go kill something. like a cat or stray dog or something. a mouse if that's the best you can do. feeeeeel everything you feel as you end a life. seeeee it all. the pain, the struggle, the smell of fear. consume it.

yes, magic is truth. belief is action. truth is just a fucking predator, that is all. truth is what it takes to win. magic is the fangs of the apex predator. the starship of the cosmic dreamer. the theatre of the eternally enraptured soul.

you probably don't have the fucking BALLS to do it. go walk across the country like i did. grow a pair.

>>18134075

look at these bitch-spoken long winded explanations. fuck him. PREY.

get fucking into it. get real. your beliefs are just excuses, a beg for mercy. people believe in not doing things to people they won't like only because they think that someone is going to do something to them that they don't like and so they want to have a underhanded sneaky way to poison their strength and prevent them from acting against them.

people literally think that there is a god that will forgive them.

we're animals, baby, it's no coincidence. we're smart because we bred these things to be smart. it's a game and you don't need to know more than that. yeah you're something like a spirit operating a biomechanical toy, but that doesn't fucking matter whatsoever and the more you try to pretend you give a fuck what you "deerrrrr actually are spiritually" the less you're playing the game, the less you're winning, the more you're prey, the less you're capable of magic.

so what are you ACTUALLY fucking asking me?
>>
>>18134114
>so what are you ACTUALLY fucking asking me?

Im asking why, if you are such an all-fired super magical pussy getting machine, what the fuck are you doing here?

Get back on your meds schizo.
>>
>>18134115

because i fucking feel like it, chipmunk!

is that how you respond to someone doing something nice for you and telling you to get your shit together? believe it or not i'm not a unkind fellow! camaraderie is a nice thing and i decided to help.

incidentally, i browse quite a few fringe internet sites, to glean the latest and greatest in craziness and looniness out of it, because a lot of my income is straight out of the pockets of the crazies. i scam apocalyptic minded christians, hippies, gangstalking victims, you name it. they'll believe anything if you tell them the right way.

so i let a bunch of losers on here do the boring work of generating retardation, and then i rip it off, edit it (to create is human, to edit is divine), and put it into a lucrative format, or just add it to my collect. you might say i'm a conspiracy theorist connoisseur of sorts.

perhaps the reason i'm so qualified to answer here, more than all of you, and especially you, you adorable little ankle biting poofter, is because i collect beliefs the way some people collect butterflies.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>18134086
Yes. I know. I'm working on learning to seal myself off better. Sealing myself off prohibits me from working or receiving external magic of any kind. So I have to "unwrap"? And I want to be open as much as possible.

>>18134088
Check'd and blessed of Kek.

I used to experience that as well and ended up where I am now after mastering the beings' presence and ability to communicate.
>>
>>18134119
> believe it or not i'm not a unkind fellow!
That is demonstrably incorrect. You are at least capable of great unkindness.

>i scam apocalyptic minded christians, hippies, gangstalking victims, you name it. they'll believe anything if you tell them the right way.
But you're not an unkind person. How nice of you to do that to people.

> you might say i'm a conspiracy theorist connoisseur of sorts.
I might say that, I might also say that you're an un-creative plagiarizing schizo-effective who's only "career" option is copy pasting and monetizing shit that better people have made. I feel sorry for you.

>perhaps the reason i'm so qualified to answer here, more than all of you, and especially you, you adorable little ankle biting poofter, is because i collect beliefs the way some people collect butterflies.

Look Im sorry you have so many questions about your self worth, your identity, your sexuality and your ability to understand the world around you... but honestly you're terribly transparent, maybe take it down about 20% and be quiet for a bit. You're not making any friends or customers here big guy.
>>
>>18134114
I have no angry response in return. But I hope simply responding to you will provide you some respite.

Life has gotten a lot better compared to when I first found 4chan. My other bros, please make use of the information.
>>
>>18134124

i'm nice to some people and not nice to other people.

if you have a problem with it, don't bother me about it. as i often find myself saying - not my problem! learn from that. learn to be unkind. learn to hurt people. it's useful. people that are weaker than you, exist to serve you. they're food. and you exist to serve stronger people. you're food. realize hierarchy, you who pretend to talk about 'spirits' when you can't comprehend humans or dogs. realize that you're not a fucking angel. realize what the fuck you are...

a living ccccrrrreeeeaaattttuuuurrrreee.

whatever happened to create, destroy, enjoy??? pthaa! these milqetoastes make me sick. if you were swords, i would melt you all down as scrap for ingots. you'll find your place in the dirt.
>>
>>18134132
>if you have a problem with it, don't bother me about it.
You're the one who brought it up genius.

>learn to be unkind. learn to hurt people. it's useful.people that are weaker than you, exist to serve you. they're food.
I'm sorry, you're not schizo-effective, you're a sociopath. Also, with all that magic and power you never stopped to learn capitalization and punctuation? lol, some ubermensch you are.

> if you were swords, i would melt you all down as scrap for ingots. you'll find your place in the dirt.
I think you're just talking to hear yourself talk at this point so Ill just ignore you now and let you bounce around your own addled mind. Im sorry life has been so shitty to you, I hope it gets better.
>>
>>18134132
>>18134124
Can we please stop meta-shilling and get back to the original subject?

>>18131418
:^) this is absolutely correct.

"Fake it 'til you make it" is the ONLY way to perform magic if you are not already able.

Why? Because magic requires belief.

"Fake it" doesn't mean "perform the actions", it means "perform the actions with the KNOWLEDGE that it will work".

Magic is not "energy". It is "information". So saying words out loud, gestures, using props, even performing these acts at the correct time/date facing the right direction... Well, it's all absolutely useless compared to just believing the result will come into being.

Rituals developed as a GROUP ACTIVITY. They were meant to lead a group into a magical state of shared knowledge.
>>
>>18134141

ritual affirmation of infirmity.
>>
>>18134141
So, as one gets better with the knowledge/belief aspect, one can cut down on the actions required to have that belief.

Someone who used to rely on a large crystal array and altar with candles may eventually require just one crystal held in the hand.

Someone who used to wait for a particular night of the year to make major changes to himself may eventually be able to work those changes at any time.

Someone who used to invoke God in a begging/pleading way may eventually feel that they are acting on their own in their Holy Right as a Child of God.

Etc. That is why teaching people rituals is far less important than empowering their beliefs.
>>
>>18134141
>Why? Because magic requires belief.

Indeed.

You have to act, with confidence, AS IF you believe. Whether you really believe or not is immaterial. In that moment you do.

It's probably more accurate to describe it as a suspension of disbelief. That, and some guts, is really all you need.
>>
>>18134155
>That is why teaching people rituals is far less important than empowering their beliefs.

Um. You're confusing a tool with its function.
>>
>>18134166
People can and will develop their own rituals/tools if you simply tell them to do that instead of providing a ritual/tool along with the information about belief.

In fact, since belief works closely with internal world of symbols, personally developed rituals are far more effective than taught ones
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 716x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 716x400px
>>18134164
I want to kiss you
>>
>>18134173

You are still doing it.

>>18134179

}:-)
>>
>>18134181
>still doing it
Explain, please?
>>
>>18134086
What do ou mean by 'leaking' ?

Maybe i have the same problem
>>
>>18134190

One practices ritual in order to empower belief. One practices specific rituals because, by doing so, one can learn a great deal about how to construct one's own rituals.

>>18134219

Leaking energy, for lack of a better word and it's manifesting in your environment. It suggests a lack of discipline, to some extent. You need to focus on your magic, when you're doing magic, and forget about it the rest of the time. You need to be more careful with your equipment. You need to bring a certain degree of order to your life and your environment, make both a fitting container for what you're doing.
>>
>>18131096
if I could bend reality to my will like that I'd be the god emperor of the planet by now...how come I'm not if its that simple as 'believing makes it real'?!
>>
>>18134229
Ye, can i speak about my problem more personally ?

i know you have something to teach me.

i just cant contain myself, everything manifests, but i'm having some kind of backlash, like spreading my consciousness in my Huge aura.

then, people arround me can hear my thoughts, feel me physically, etc.

can we email eachother ?
>>
>>18134229
So my problems with leaking are related to my disdain of rituals?

>>18134236
Believing makes it real. This entire post is dripping skepticism. You ARE exactly what you believe you are. If you believed you were going to smoothly and confidently rise to world domination over the next ten years, you would.
>>
>>18134239
>then, people arround me can hear my thoughts, feel me physically, etc.

This is probably not true, you know.
>>
>>18134242
>So my problems with leaking are related to my disdain of rituals?

I'd suspect that they arise from the same difficulty you have with establishing order and control.
>>
>>18134251
Yes, but when I begin to feel focused, ordered, and controlled, I 'leak'. My life is a disaster because when I am confident I explode my possessions. Pipes break. Items that aren't even properly round roll away and fall off the table as I reach for them. Etc etc
>>
>>18134242
Then how come someone else hasn't done it? There are powerful people in the world for sure, but no god emperor figure with a harem of 100'000 chicks (and you can bet there is someone in the world that 'believes' they could achieve it).
>>
>>18134249
Actually, it is, and it has a huge radius.
Its on 24/7, for a couple of years.
I can make a long distance call and prove it to you, but i'll be deleting my posts here cuz u know who wanders this board.

so, lets teach/learn with eachother ?
wish i could explain more, but nowdays, i fear
/x/
>>
>>18134263
And now you are touching upon the Game, dear friend.

How does one person's belief that he will be God-Emperor weigh against all of those who doubt him?

You have to make your belief a virus, and spread it.
>>
>>18134269
i can easily start a conversation with them, cuz they hear my toughts and i hear them etc

most of the time i try to ignore at my best, then they most of the time just star commenting aobut what i'm doing at the time.

believe me it's real, if u never heard about then must be something new.

i dunno, tryied everything, but what i know is that it "leaks" in a way too.
>>
>>18134279
What I experience is simply that the person is convinced I spoke aloud. Sometimes even they know something is fucked "I heard you call me... but it sounded like you were whispering and I have no idea how I heard. Anyway what's up?"
>>
>>18134289
i've felt someone.

ye, everyone arround me, in a (i dunno 50-100 metters) radius hear my toughts, feel me physically, and even see my psychic stuff.

what do you know about ?
>>
>>18134262

Perhaps some other hobby might suit you better.

>>18134269

Okay then.
>>
>>18134308
can't you ellaborate more about this ?
>>
>>18134312
i mean, it must have a solution
>>
>>18134308
It's not really optional. I become severely depressed when I live as a skeptic/nonbeliever.
>>
>>18134316

Why not stick with something more steady, like meditation? Zazen is quite nice.
>>
>>18134315
anyone ?
>>
>>18134073

I actually read chapter 13 yesterday night. His book isn't so much about will but about shifting perspective and moving into a new paradigm.
>>
>>18134429

Which is what we mean by manipulating/using belief. Magic entails a shift in perspective.
>>
>tfw they are locking you up because you have schizophrenia not because you can use magics
>>
>>18134050
Practicerofmagickfag here again.

>Clearly with the reference to lust of action, I know the background you are coming from here. So, much respect to you, for that, and for making quality posts.
93!

>Question, (and this isnt rhetorical, Im interested in your opinion). If a person is 'believing' or enacting something that isn't in line with their own True Will, can working against that action be considered tampering with their will?

There will and Will. Through years of practice I have been tempted to believe that the very nature corrects its course. Even without full consciousness all men are more or less in touch with their True Will. In general it is more a matter of perception and of course correction and no other Shall say nay ! Look to AL I 42-3 .

>If they are performing an act out of lust of result, by necessity it is not their True Will, so if a working is done to counter their action that is not in accordance with their will is done, is it still black?
And that is aligned with your True Will? Your attention should be focused on your own orbit. A king enters the realm of another, then fixes it without consequence ?

>If youre working against it, youre essentially taking away a choice that is NOT their True Will, that sounds like guidance, not hexing.

I do not believe that such action is truly selfless, or in accordance with the True Will of the operator. I do not believe even in the definition of Black Magic as exposed by Frater P.(666)
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.