[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghost Sightings/White Sheet Ghoulies General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: FB_IMG_1473945365307.jpg (24KB, 636x620px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1473945365307.jpg
24KB, 636x620px
Anyone got any ghost stories? Not sit around the campfire hash slinging slasher kind of ghost stories, I mean stuff that's happened to you irl. Also let's just discuss the idea of ghosts, if we believe in them, what we think they are, etc.
I'll start us off with a ghost story from my childhood

>5-6 years old, don't remember exactly
>sleeping in bed one night when suddenly I wake up with a feeling of intense unease
>i remember it being freezing cold despite it being midsummer, but could've been AC problems and not the spook coz it was still cold long after this
>bed is against wall and I'm lying on my side with face to the wall
>turn over to other side
>there's a tall man standing next to my bed, wearing what looks like a top hat or a bowler hat maybe
>frozen in fear
>I blink a few times and he's still just standing there
>I blink again and he's just gone
>nope the fuck out of there in panic and sleep with parents in panic
>parents ask me to describe the man next morning just for shit and giggles
>they suddenly start acting weird and dad goes to find old family photo books
>point to man I've never seen before, ask if that's him
>it was him
>parents explain to me the reason I only ever see one granddad is because my dad's father died about a year before I was born
>tfw ghost grandpa spooked me from the beyond realm

Nothing special but it's the only spooky encounter in my life I have trouble writing off as anything other than genuine spirits and ghosts at work
>>
>>18130378
>I have trouble writing off
Why would you want to do that? It was a visit from your grandad. I hope you said hi.

Anyway bump for ghost stories, I love this kinda stuff.
>>
I have a couple spookish stories from renovating a foreclosed home with my dad. Nothing too insane but definitely had some spooply occurences.

>17, still in HS
>parentz just divorced, mom got the house and dad got the debt
>dad doesn't have a lot of money but wants to stay local so he can still be around my brother and I so has to shop for shit homes
>long story short the only house he could afford was an old 1800s townhouse near the center of town
>it's a foreclosed piece of garbage and in need of A LOT of TLC, built when the town was started
>but dad's excited to try and fix it up, lot of "I'm going to make a home for us here" stuff. He seemed pretty pumped at rebuilding it so lil bro and I just went with it
>fast forward a couple months, house has been pretty much tore down to the frame and is in the process of being insulated and drywalled.
>finally habitable enough for bro and I to live in every other week, though everything is constantly coated in thick white dust from the drywall though.
>that night dad sits us down at the makeshift dinner table and tells us the the house is haunted.
>whut.jpg
>apparently he and everyone else who had helped in the renovations so far had heard things like their names being called from empty rooms, seen an old lady looking at them from the corner of their eye but wasn't there when you looked or felt a cat rub along their legs. (We don't have a cat, or an old lady thus the spooks)
>i chalk it up to just my dad trying to spook us or make the crappy situation better for lil bro
> "we're not living in a half finished craphole, we're exploring a haunted house!"
>don't think much of it and go about my buisness

Cont
>>
Cont
>that night lil bro and I ended up on an air mattress on the floor of the empty living room.
>it's a hot as balls indiana summer night and the ceiling fan isn't doing shit to change that.
>no air conditioning because the house didn't come with it
> so as I'm laying there sweating and listening to cars drive by outside I notice it start to get cold.
>like stick your head in the freezer cold
>lil bro wakes up and starts shivering, asks why it's so cold
>"The fuck if I know"
>he asks if it's the ghosts
>"dad was just kid-"
>BANG
>something heavy slams into the frontdoor, like fucking shaking the whole fucking wall kinda heavy
>backdoor slams shut, glass breaks in kitchen
>then nothing
>holyfuckingshitwhut.avi
> lil bro terrified grabbing my arm
>neither of us move or say a word
>lil bro is shaking, my hearts a jackhammer against my ribcage
>"Anon, are they gone?" Lil bro whispers
>before i can fucking say a word another huge slam from the dining room shakes the walls, at the exact same time the fucking -turned-to-max-speed-ceiling-fan rips itself from the ceiling and drops to maybe 5 inches above our faces, still fucking spinning wildly
>lil bro screams
>I scream
>we scream like little bitches
>half awake dad runs in, sees the fan, screams "FUCKING CUT IT OUT"
>silence
>room gets noticably warmer, chill starts to fade
>"dont fuck with my kids"
>dad tells us to go to sleep then heads back to his room.

Didn't sleep much that night, nothing else happened that night but I was pretty freaked out. Have a few more less scary examples about the house if anyone's interested. Sorry about the quality of the post, first time posting.
>>
File: 1473581622335.jpg (17KB, 560x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473581622335.jpg
17KB, 560x400px
My Grandma use to tell me that my Mom, when she was a kid, would say that my Grandma was walking around the house and wouldn't reply to her when she called.

Whenever she said that my Grandma had said that she had always been out of the house at those times. One night she saw some lady walk down one room to the next wearing and all white dress.

When she moved into this house she said she watched it come right up the steps and heard the door open and shut even though it was locked, so it's following her or something.

I've never seen it and don't want to.
>>
>>18131112
more
>>
>>18130378
You saw the "hat man". Globally recorded phenomena, nobody knows what it/he is but it's described as a tall man all black wearing usually a trench coat type of garb and a wide brimmed hat. It's not known wether or not he is intentionally malevolent or evil. He usually just "lurks".
I've seen him too.
>>
>>18131112

you have an awesome dad
>>
OP here. seems like a slow thread so I can dumb a couple stories if people are interested, one that happened to my parents and another from my coworkers.
>>
This happened during my time in some pmq's down in Nova Scotia

>be me, 6 years old
>looking across hall at my parents bedroom door, it's open and so is mine
>kinda wanna get back to sleep but cant
>continue looking at hallway
>see an old lady riding an 1800's bicycle floating down the hall from our pantry
>watch transfixed as a literal crapton of ghosts go by in a column
>All floating about a half foot off the ground, bobbing up and down
>dont remember any of them except the old lady on the bicycle
>she looked like my grandmother, but my gran was still alive
>put sheets over my head and don't remove them until the morning
Wasn't the first time I got spooped in that house, lived there 6 years and it was haunted as fuck, basically everyone in my family had some kind of odd experience while we lived there.
>>
>>18132473
Go for it.
>>
So this happened to my parents when they were about 20.
>dad staying night at his cousins
>invites mom over with some of cousins friends
>cousin has a oujia board, decide to screw around with it
>they get some drunken shits and giggles out of it then put it away with no remarkable results other than "yes" to "is anybody here?"
>mom goes home, dad settles into cousins bed while cousin sleeps on the couch
>dad drifting into sleep when he's woken up by what banging sound
>sounds like a loud knock on a door or wall outside the room
>apparently my dad and his cousin would fuck with cousins cat by putting a sock over its head and watching it crash into walls
>assumed cousin must be fucking with cat and tries to go back to sleep
>banging gets louder and louder and louder
>"is he throwing that cat against the fucking walls at Mach 10?"
>dad gets up to check out noise
>living room and kitchen room are connected in one big open space right outside the bedroom
>dad opens door and sees his cousin buried in blankets on couch
>the pantry doors only a few feet away from him are slamming open and shut over and over again
>dad flips out and runs over to wake up cousin
>cousin already awake, was waiting for dad to come because he's paralyzed in fear
>slamming pantries continues
>cousin tells dad he keeps seeing a slamming shadowy figure moving through the house but he can never get a good look at it
>they nope the fuck out of there with the pantry doors still going ape shit
>spend night in motel
>come back to house next morning with mom
>mom scared as shit so she doesn't wanna enter house
>dad and cousin go in first while mom waits outside the front
>dad and cousin dissappear into the house, but right when they do mom sees shadowy figure standing right in the doorframe
Cont.
>>
>>18132921
>remembers feeling really depressed and angry all of a sudden
>yells out to dad and cousin, but when they come back the figure is gone

I don't know what happens after this. Whenever my mom tells the story she says she can't think about what happened later or she won't sleep for weeks. Dad says he doesn't want to talk about it either, he only ever told me the story once and he looked so uncomfortable I didn't ask him about it again. Didn't happen to me so I don't know how true it is, but they swear on their lives this happened and apparently it only got more spoopy from that point on. I'm really curious what happened but mom won't talk, all she says is to never play with oujia boards and if I ever do, god forbid, to make sure to say goodbye before putting it away.
>>
>>18131112
ur dads a fucking beast
>>
File: 51CQ+Hkwf1L[1].jpg (34KB, 322x500px) Image search: [Google]
51CQ+Hkwf1L[1].jpg
34KB, 322x500px
>lived in New Hampshire
>house next to mine is a really old farmhouse
>always felt really uncomfortable in the house, especially at night time or in the basement
>anyone who's been in my house noticed this as well
>best friend slept over once, told me see saw shit (specifically a cat that walked through walls, and a woman in my kitchen) ,I made fun of her for it
>pantry was on the stairwell to the basement, always felt like things were misplaced in there, especially things I recently touched
>decide to go with my feeling, get my dog a treat, hand it to him, turn around and dog treat bag is completely gone
>look up and down the stairs for it, its nowhere to be found
>tell my mom who rolls her eyes about it
>she finds the dog food bag upside down and backwards on the shelf and calls me a drama queen
>I'm convinced there's something up now
>search the house for an intruder because no fucking way its a ghost
>no intruder, I'm convinced its a ghost
>months later, friends want to play with water guns, home alone
>go down to the basement (my playroom) and can't find them anywhere, basement is spotless
>shout "please please help me find the water guns, I want to go out and play with my friends, I know you don't do anything while I'm here so I'll leave"
>leave basement
>come back to find two water guns right in the middle of the floor
>shout thank you and run off and play thinking not much of it
>every time I read past my bedtime my lights would turn off by themselves
>acquire pic related and read past bedtime
>descriptions match what my friend saw on the mark
>lights turn off since I'm reading past my bedtime, nearly piss self

as a kid, I thought it was magical and wonderful
as an adult I'm a bit freaked out out of all of this.
I want to learn what was there, what kind of ghost was it, and I... want to go back? I'm on the opposite end of the us now but I want to go back there. The house Is up for sale still, its never had occupants in it for long.
>>
>>18133045
some more tidbits

>toddler sister came up to me and told me the angels told her great grandma was going to be in a better place
>great grandma dies a few hours later
>my sister would talk to herself in her room often, as if she was having a conversation, went to check to see if she was playing but she said she was just talking to the angels

>meanwhile I was too scared to get up to go to the restroom at night due to the feeling of being watched by something menacing

I did hail marys a lot in hope the feeling would go away. it didn't.
>>
File: 1409152935527.png (497KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1409152935527.png
497KB, 480x640px
>>18133045
>>18133065
Unless the house gets bulldozed movie style, those ghosts are probably there forever.

I would definitely go back there and try to fit it in, maybe during a vacation. Maybe even buy the house if you're a richfag. Maybe they/it will remember you? Maybe it only liked you (watergun thing) when you were a kid, it might be less forgiving/playfull now that you're an adult.

Go check it out.
>>
>>18132926
Have you ever asked the cousin?
>>
>>18131533

He is an Edgewalker. (Not edgelord)
>>
I don't have much of a story atm but its an ongoing thing thats sorta beginning to get to me. I just moved into the house I'm living in about 4 months back. The house was ruined when I first got it but I had a contractor clean it up. Everything was fine at first but overtime I noticed every now and again I would hear knocking inside the house. I live alone with no pets. Usually its a series of 4 to 6 knocks at a lowish volume consecutively. I may just be paranoid but it may be something unnatural.
>>
File: UTrTgyM.jpg (64KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
UTrTgyM.jpg
64KB, 1024x1024px
>>18130378
>be about 15
>wake up one morning and go downstairs, mom and brother are off somewhere doing something
>start watching TV in the living room which is on the middle floor
>can hear my dog doing general dog stuff in the basement
>squeaking his chew toy and growling (he growls when he play)
>go to the top of the stairs and call him. He's around the corner so I can't see him
>he doesn't seem interested in coming upstairs so whatever, I go back to watching TV
>after about 15 minutes my mom and brother come home and the dog comes in with them
>he was with them the entire time
>still have no idea what was making all the noise in the basement

Not very scary but it still weirded me out for a long time. The only other freaking thing that happened is we came home one time and everything with a hinge in the kitchen was wide open. All the cabinets, the drawers, the dishwasher, even the fridge door and freezer were wide open which freaked us out some. All of this happened in the first year we moved in and then nothing strange ever happened again.

Again, not very scary but it freaked me out some.
>>
>>18133485
Ghost doggy.
>>
File: trayvon-martin-2.jpg (22KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
trayvon-martin-2.jpg
22KB, 600x360px
>>18133485
I do actually have one more I almost forgot about. This happened about 3 years ago

>visiting my girlfriends parents in Chicago
>just finished happytime so we are settling down for sleep
>almost asleep when I decide to turn over and open my eyes for some reason
>right in front of me is a figure in what looks like a florescent white hoodie but pitch black where the face should be (pic related)
>start blinking like crazy and rub my eyes trying to see more clearly
>every time I reopen my eyes the figure is still there but gets fainter and fainter every time until it's completely gone
>as soon as it fades away completely, my girlfriend whispers "don't worry about it"
>nope the fuck out, turn on all the lights and demand to know what she meant by that
>turns out she just thought she was snoring and thought I heard so she told me not to worry about it, it was all just comical timing.
>mfw I still know I saw something standing there
>mfw treyvon watched me and my girl bang

Scared the shit out of me though because the way she whispered it sounded like the way a killer would whisper to their victim in some slasher movie. We both had a good laugh about it the next morning though. But we both felt uneasy the rest of the trip there because of what I saw.
>>
>>18133096
Cousin moved up north to dissappear and do wild drugs all day when I was like 4. Haven't really had the chance to talk to him
>>
So I told my parents story, might as well give the less exciting story from my coworkers
>start working as dishwasher at local restaurant about 2 months back
>about 2 weeks into work I overhear coworkers talking about the "restaurant ghost"
>ask my superior what the hell that is
>says weird shit has been going on in the restaurant since anyone can remember
>banging and knocking when no one is around, hearing voices or whispering right in your ear, doors slamming shut, feelings of dread and fear for no reason, smelling fresh baked cookies on days where we haven't baked and the restaurants been closed for an hour
>apparently most activity comes from the basement of the place and after we close for the night
>usual spoopy shit
>write it off as them trying to scare the new guy because I usually end all my shifts by cleaning after close alone
>goes on to explain that they would notice the security cameras wonking out a lot too
>static, shutting down entirely and coming back on, usually in close proximity to other spooky shit
>one day when camera fucking up coworker decides to record it on phone to show friend
>shows me video he recorded
>screen goes all staticy and wonky
>suddenly large radio we have sitting on ledge flies off, dangles by cord for a while, then video cuts out completely
>show me to the radio, thing is huge and ancient, I can barely even lift it

Never experienced anything myself, but my coworkers seem to believe in it. They say the location used to be a gas station way way back, they think some shady shit went down there like mafia or murder to cause the place to be haunted.
>>
File: chakan the forever man.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
chakan the forever man.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>18131533
His name is Chakan.
>>
hoping for more stories
>>
>>18131112
Your dad is based as fuck.
>>
>>18133411
Mice maybe?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.