[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with the 'tulpas will try to kill you' meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: images.jpg (22KB, 232x217px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22KB, 232x217px
I always hear this shit. Is there any truth to it?
>>
>>18128999
No, your imaginary friend will not try to kill you unless you are suicidal and want it to happen.
>>
They won't try to kill you but might try to take over your Will if you're weak.

This isn't a bad thing at all when you consciously create an ideal self and gradually transition into it but it's not so good when you invoke aspects of your shadow to get things done and lose control altogether.
>>
>>18128999
did you save that photo with a potato?
>>
>>18129015
Yes of course
>>
>>18129013
I remember that movie. Michael Cera cant really play the bad boy convincingly at all.
>>
I've had one for almost two years (his birthday it at the end of this month) and no, the member isn't true. Even them taking over isn't very likely, because weak minded people probably don't even have the willpower to create one to begin with, let alone get far enough along for possession and switching.
At the and of the day, it's still just an imaginary friend, but you can have conversations with them, and impose them into your reality so they're as real as any other person, but only to you as it's a forced hallucination. Nobody else can see them. But they can also be your best friend, and always be there when you need someone to talk to, laugh with you, and love you. Mostly speaking from experience here.
>>
>>18128999
From the Wikipedia entry on the Jungian idea of the Anima/Animus, which I see as the psychological basis for tulpa formation:

""Jungians warned that "every personification of the unconscious - the shadow, the anima, the animus, and the Self - has both a light and a dark aspect....the anima and animus have dual aspects: They can bring life-giving development and creativeness to the personality, or they can cause petrification and physical death".

One danger was of what Jung termed "invasion" of the conscious by the unconscious archetype - "Possession caused by the anima...bad taste: the anima surrounds herself with inferior people". Jung insisted that "a state of anima possession...must be prevented. The anima is thereby forced into the inner world, where she functions as the medium between the ego and the unconscious, as does the persona between the ego and the environment".

Alternatively, over-awareness of the anima or animus could provide a premature conclusion to the individuation process - "a kind of psychological short-circuit, to identify the animus at least provisionally with wholeness". Instead of being "content with an intermediate position", the animus seeks to usurp "the self, with which the patient's animus identifies. This identification is a regular occurrence when the shadow, the dark side, has not been sufficiently realized"."
>>
>>18130308
that sounds really gay
>>
>>18130308
can u fuck it?
>>
Mine deleted my Animal Crossing: New Leaf save file after about 300 hours of gameplay. I threw my tulpa in the bin after that bullshit.
>>
>>18131591
KEK

>Roleplaying this hard
>>
File: tumblr_n3wjqmw1wi1qj5jqso2_500.gif (750KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3wjqmw1wi1qj5jqso2_500.gif
750KB, 500x281px
>>18131406
It really is. I love it. But in all seriousness, it's just nice. I have a pretty normal life, I attend college, have a job, have friends, a girlfriend, I play lead guitar in a band, etc. and yet having a tulpa is honestly really fun and enjoyable. We laugh at a lot of stuff together.

>>18131555
Yes. And just like >>18131555 thought, it's as gay as it sounds.

>Ask me anything.
>>
>>18128999
they wont kill you, unless if it's peridot
>>
File: 110530972.jpg (20KB, 362x401px) Image search: [Google]
110530972.jpg
20KB, 362x401px
>>18132016
I agree. I created a tulpa because I was really lonely and I have bad anxiety so meeting new people freaks me out.

He is a sweetheart kitten boy who hangs on my leg every chance he gets.

They really are fun and nice to have around when actual people get to be too much.
>>
>people still wanting imaginary friends
does anyone remember that one Ed, Edd, and Eddy episode where Ed created his own tulpa?
>>
>>18132093
I'm pretty extroverted so I just kinda did for fun. My tulpa's form, as he jokingly puts it is "a gay ass pink bunny rabbit".
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 540x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 540x332px
>mfw there are real people who genuinely believe tulpas exist
>>
>>18134246
B-but muh headmates...
>>
>>18134246
They're imaginary friends. They're as real as you want them to be. At least to yourself.
>>
File: jpg.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>18128999
>>
Hello. I have tried for years to get tulpa to replace me, it has yet to work. Pray for me /x/ I want to leave behind a happy tulpa that wants life more than me.
>>
Bumping for determination to eventually leave this earth behind and go somewhere greater.
>>
>>18128999

If I create a servitor for sex, how real will it feel?
>>
>>18136348
As real as you can imagine it. Ever had a sexy dream? As real as that.
>>
>>18131591
>not making multiple saves of every game at every opportunity
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.