[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We will become gods... if we live long enough.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 34

File: god.jpg (550KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
550KB, 1000x750px
So here's my plan.

1. I try to stay as healthy as possible in the next decades to get full advantage of the medical breakthrougs in 2016-2050 so I can live longer until the singularity arrives. Earliest estimate for the singularity is 2029, latest 2100. But with enough breakthrougs we can live till 2100.

2. Once the singularity arrives we will merge with machines and being immortal will become a human right. We will become a type-1 civilization on the Kardashev scale and live in post-scarcity while machines do all the work. But be careful: You can still die if you have an accident and our civilization could be wiped out.

3. Artificial wombs, computronium and self-replicating drones could kickstart a second singularity and we will become a type-2 and then type-3 civilization pretty quickly and harness the power of black holes.

By then we will hopefully have found a method to do a backup of ourselves, so even accidents can kill us. This is REAL immortality, but our civilization is only immortal once we become type-3.

By then we will hopefully have made contact with aliens and if not, we wil create them ourselvs and terraform entire planets. With warp drive and wormholes we have conquered space and time and will make even black holes habitable. Needless to say that virtual reality will be as real as real reality and you can fly through virtual universes, but our civilization will also have conquered the real universe and decide it's fate. We will experience things we can't even imagine.

And yes. YOU can be a part of it. We just need to live long enough to witness the singularity.
>>
>>18124723
not being able to die is my worst nightmare desu, why would anyone want that?
>>
>>18124762

Why is it your worst nightmare?
>>
You aren't forced to live forever.

It will be a choice.
>>
>>18124780
Because shitposting can only satiate my hunger for so long
>>
>>18124780
> drifting consciously through space for billions of years is not scary

Really anon?
>>
>>18124829

Nonsense. Shitposting est vitae essentia.
>>
>>18124762
You do realize living would be a choice, not a requirement?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLxw-vQ3J7Q
>>
>>18124842

You'd have Internet. You could shitpost from another galaxy.

Jokes aside we would be so far advanced that it's would be impossible to be bored.

>Getting intense pleasure, far superior to all existing drugs with a push of a button.
>fucking any girl you want in virtual reality. hell even "dreaming" any girl you want into existence as many as you want in any setting you want.
>billions of video games and simulations and virtual realities. We will probably have AIs which will create games instead of humans.
>AIs will probabably scan your brain and give you what you want before you even know that you want it.

Just imagine lucid dreaming. Our future in which we are gods will be very similar, except it will be thousand times better.
>>
>relying on technology to access Godhood
>not meditating to oblivion and activating dormant DNA to exceed all limitations
>not relying on cosmic upgrades pouring in from galactic sun in this moment
if you're open to it, it comes, for the few we rise forever
>>
>>18124976
tell me when someone can use their brain like a radio to organize the entire species into the perfect economy and new world order like someones fuckin supposed to.

otherwise whats the fucking point of even being alive.
>>
>>18124898
>>Getting intense pleasure, far superior to all existing drugs with a push of a button.
Wireheading is a dangerous rabbit-hole that could easily destroy intelligent life, and may be the great filter itself.

We need to realize that pleasure and happiness are not end goals, but one state in a myriad of others. The pursuit of happiness is a myth, happiness IS the pursuit.
>>
>>18125025
>But how can it destroy everyone?
Superintelligent AI is created with either the direct OR indirect goal of maximizing utility (which is very easily indirectly achieved without careful consideration).

I assume you mean by "Not everyone likes pleasure" that not everyone gets pleasure from conventional sources (such as the dopaminergic reward circuits) which I wholeheartedly agree with. But that doesn't mean they don't have subjective values and desires, as you can't have intelligence without subjective wants. It just means they would need to be wireheaded differently, or without them knowing it has been done to them.
>>
>>18124988
I can. But nobody wants to listen. Most goyim verbally attack me when I try. Imagine what corporates will do.
>>
>>18125154
you gotta ignore them.
your goal is to lead humanity, all at once, simultaneously granting them a singular purpose worthy of infinite dedication, and acting as a relay through which the greatest minds of the age can promote their greatest accomplishments in order to enlighten the many.
do not be disenheartened, command your flock, and force them to prosper.
>>
I don't think you should go into the Matrix. It may be better to go out with a bang than a whimper.
>>
>>18124988

That's literally whats happening. You and I are just not part of the rich, occult elite.

Research that: monarch programming

It's fucking everywhere.
>>
>>18125207
I remember that colors have meanings in monarch programming. Green means insanity and yellow means danger IIRC.

NobodyTM and Randy Prozac use it against itself in their propoganda.
>>
File: 1470153689858.jpg (42KB, 878x905px) Image search: [Google]
1470153689858.jpg
42KB, 878x905px
>>18124988
>otherwise whats the fucking point of even being alive.
to make your friends happy, and to see them content to be in your presence
>>
>>18125207
entire.
species.
i want to know that literally every single individual is able to partake in the message of our supreme overlord and can inherit his wisdom.
>>
File: 1470327707330.gif (2MB, 400x316px) Image search: [Google]
1470327707330.gif
2MB, 400x316px
>>18125221
>every single individual is Able
Death becomes us
All hail the killer
>>
Enjoy being duped by the techo core
>>
>>18125221

It would be really nice if there was a secret cheat code you could use to get total control of every human on earth. Then I could finally be alone and do my thing and nobody could disagree with me. It's akin to being the Antichrist. But well... dreams are dreams.
>>
>>18124846
This is an English language forum, if you want to speak Spanish, go back to MexicoChan
>>
>>18125211
Yep I was right. Here's Randy Prozac's Monarch deprogramming series, which uses monarch hypnosis techniques against themselves.
http://sentimentalcorp.org/fetal_programming/index.html
>>
File: 1473793005578.jpg (68KB, 472x361px) Image search: [Google]
1473793005578.jpg
68KB, 472x361px
no moron you ARE a god now , duh. fucking kids....
>>
File: 1470161744611.jpg (79KB, 301x312px) Image search: [Google]
1470161744611.jpg
79KB, 301x312px
>>18125236
Maybe someday..
In the mean time, I guess you just have to be... faithful
>>
>>18125236
no no no, not at all.
not controlling them at all.
just talking into their brains with your mind so that you are forced to share your knowledge.
>>18125226
i am shiva, i am shiva, i am shiva.
>>
>>18125249

How do you know that this isn't happening right now? How do you know that your thoughts are yours?
>>
>>18125265
because i think them.
even if someone else put them there, they are mine now.
and i know its not happening right now because i dont have frequent conversations about the desires of the overlord.
>>
>>18125265
Every time I read text it becomes my thoughts

My voice echoes every word
>>
>>18124820
I question your assumption that you'd own and control your own Self code.

Nobody owns their own personal data as it is - why would you think Google Self hosting would be any different than today's Google web hosting?
>>
>>18125287
because the science cult assures you that your tube is your tube, and your knowledge recorded therein is your own until you decide to enter it into the registry?

which i would very highly advise, as im sure every individual can provide extremely useful resources for worldfuel.
>>
>>18125192
Honestly, I've ignored this whole issue. People don't want a singular purpose.
So; fuck them.
>>
>>18125299
So you trust that, say, NSA won't keep a copy of you for its records/sims? Just like a poorly thought out photo, once your Self code gets out there you'll lose control - which, presumably, includes the ability to end/delete yourself.

That would suck monkey balls.
>>
>>18125365
you understand that you arent code, right?
and if you are code, then that means you dont have the right to own yourself.
you belong to your programmer, and will do as programmed.

anyway, to be more precise,
>nsa
>in greyspace.
they can do what they like, just like anybody else.
but just remember, you wake up just like anybody else, in an endless hallway containing every mind human experience has created, that will not wake up until you let them, with the ability if you so wish to open passages perpendicular into common areas where you can meet others who have awakened.
its up to you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
>>18125331
eh, fuck you.
thats just because they dont know what their purpose is.
>>
But what will happen when the suns run out of juice and die? We won't be able to live like that forever.
>>
>>18125451
that isnt something for a mortal man to quander himself with
>>
>>18125480
It keeps me up at night tho
>>
>>18125365
I'm glad somebody understands what the wide net surveillance is really about.

It's another one of those important issues that will remain "too far into the future to worry about," right up until the moment that "darn, I wish someone would have thought about this 5 years ago, and then we could have done something about it!"
>>
>>18125411
What is purpose? What is your purpose?
Why did your parents have sex to make you? Why did they want to reproduce? What was the need they thought you would satisfy?
>>
File: transhumanism.jpg (47KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
transhumanism.jpg
47KB, 640x640px
>>18124723
>>
What is the singularity nerd answer to the problem that a computer simulation of your mind is not in fact your mind. You will still die no matter what and a simulation of yourself will only serve to embarrass future generations
>>
>>18126333
What a stupid fucking post.

>Hey, let's stop progress in its tracks just so people can struggle
>The self is way more important than humanity itself guys
>Fuck progress
>Fuck philosophy and finding the meaning of existence

Kill yourself, stupid nigger.
>>
>>18124723
This is so dumb. If anything that will just be available to the elite and we will be made to be the slave race. At this point with the disparities between the level of education and technological sophistication, why include us? What purpose do we serve?

You're romanticizing a nonexistent hedonistic paradise in a desperate attempt to avoid that which humans have always feared; death.

Just like our predecessors when they conceptualized heaven. The Singularity. Heaven. It's circles. It's just the same desperate attempt of man trying to find a loophole within a paradox.

You need to accept the possibility that the singularity may never include you, it may never come to fruition and you will inevitably die and fade into nonexistence, or an afterlife or maybe the same life over and over and over. Just learn to move on with whatever it is and stop clinging to this fanatical notion that you will never die.

I could only imagine the number of people decaying the ground right now that at some moment in time had that same exact thought.
>>
>>18126756
>nigger
I don't think you know what that word means... and you use it a lot... oh my..
>>
>>18124723
>implying that the elite pushing for this "immortality" would ever give it to a common peon.

Your best hope is that if you live long enough you'll get to be the meaty cyber-puppet for the real immortals that will rule the world.
>>
>>18127165
while you're imagining that also try to imagine a someone stabbing a needle into a dog's heart and then placing its body into a trash bag and putting it into a plastic bin, and then imagine it three or four more times every day for the rest of your life, and your childrens' lives

I think you'd feel a lot better if you did
>>
>>18127176
Shut up nigger
>>
>>18127183
What? Are you faggotmad? Are you mad faggot?
>>
File: dark-souls-3.jpg (92KB, 940x420px) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3.jpg
92KB, 940x420px
>>18127184
That's my name, so don't wear it out, you hear?
>>
>>18127178

>implying the elite will give anything to a common peon

And yet you and me enjoy a lot of things which once only belonged to the rich people like cell phones, TV, Internet, etc...

Don't underestimate the singularity my friend. It will be like a fucking tsunami and even your precious elite will not stop it. Did the elite stop the French or American revolution? Did it stop the cyber revolution?

I doubt the elite likes the Internet, it is a pretty enpowering tool. And yet many people enjoy it's benefits.

Nobody can stop evolution or revolution anon.
>>
>>18127218
>Did the elite stop the French or American revolution? Did it stop the cyber revolution?
Why would they stop the things they fund and want to happen directly?

The fact that you see something positive in this transhumanism nonsense means that the propaganda machine is working well on you.
>>
File: 1472434336062.jpg (2MB, 3434x2959px) Image search: [Google]
1472434336062.jpg
2MB, 3434x2959px
>>18127218
it will be too boring for everyone to be immortal.

also it could cause stagnation.

so there will be a group of immortals living among mortals, to stay entertained
>>
>>18127233

You're right about the revolutions being sponsored by them.

But you are fucking overestimating the elite. The elite is a product of a society in scarcity, just like the pharaos were the elite back in Ancient egypt because it had scarcity.

Once we reach post-scarcity there will be no fucking elite. We already see this now with bitcoins which depower the banks and 3d printing which robs the manufacturing industry of it's influence. The further we progress the less hierarchy will matter. Every one of us will be a creator, king and souvereign.
>>
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

Don't trust the false prophets, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Trust in him.
>>
>>18126756
>>18126333

Young people think living forever is "fun".

You do not understand life.

You do not understand the perfection of the average human lifespan.

No matter how pristine your mind. You will pray for oblivion once you're 100.
>>
>>18127383

being 100 with the body of a 100year old =/= being 100 with the body of a 25year old

stop talking bullshit about perfection. death and aging is just idiotic. there is no perfection.
>>
>>18127255
Ahhh hahaha yeah because they're gonna allow that
>>
This is basically apotheism.

https://a.pomf.cat/xxswzg.pdf
>>
>>18124762
Not being able to die is one of my greatest dreams, yet I understand why lots of people wouldn't want that.
>>
>>18127549
The thing people don't realize is that simply be existing long enough you will "die" and become a completely new being even if you never had a cessation in consciousness. The nature of reality is becoming, we are always becoming.
>>
>>18125226
>every single individual is Able

Some individuals are Cain.
>>
>>18127554
Yeah, that's why it's wonderful.
>>
File: Youre the man now dog.jpg (55KB, 512x618px) Image search: [Google]
Youre the man now dog.jpg
55KB, 512x618px
>>18127615
I highly doubt that any cainhurst vilebloods are currently browsing on /x/
>>
>>18124898
So.... we won't be able to differentiate between "our" reality and simulated realities.

>Implying this reality is the "real" one and couldn't be simulated.

Literally what are you claiming would be the very last level of the known existence(ours). Shortly afterwards, humans would lost their will to be and exist. Beyond all commodities and leisure, we'll just have philosophy and metaphysics left behind as LASTING affairs to be achieved (this is, concluded).
>>
>>18127503

Wrong, your mind tortures you, the body decay is a representation of the torture.

How can you not see it?! The desperation in the eyes of the old and saggy...

They want our youth, they want it so bad the cosmos echos in our presence.

You are just blind.
>>
>>18125737
No answer. As I expected.
>>
so even if we do manage to do all the things op mentioned, how do we get over the fact that the universe will eventually die?
>>
>>18127702

Damn it. Now I feel even worse for wasting my life.

Instead of growing old I'd probably just kill myself.
>>
>>18124723
I do not think living a long time can endow a human being with the ability manipulate matter into sentient form, let alone an entirely new existence.
>>
>>18124723
>We will become gods if we can exit the samsara
FTFY op
>>
>>18128095

That is a regressive escape.

Imagine entire successful worlds.

If you were cloned would you be a successful world?

Suicide is destructive to the soul and requires sustainable penance.

God created science and spirituality incompatible.

When in truth they are like politics, both sides have some answers and both sides have some lies.
>>
>>18124988

lol were you living under a rock in 2012 or something? jeez
>>
>>18128330

>suicide is destructive for the soul

And seeing how your body fucking decays isn't? Why not end it while you are at your peak and be remember at your peak?
>>
>>18128531
Ya eat it at your peak... and miss out on all the feels from frank sinatras my way... do you even music dude?
>>
>>18124995
This. We need to be goal oriented rather than pleasure oriented. The end state of a pleasure based species is dieing of starvation while hitting a button hooked directly up to your pleasure centers.
>>
>>18128560
That'd be okay
>>
>>18128531

It is to appreciate life.

That is the stretch between healthy lives.

The suicide reincarnation line is ugly and sick throughout.
>>
>>18124723
We're never getting off this rock but it's fun to pretend, isn't it anon?
>>
>>18124723
>self-replicating drones could kickstart a second singularity
why even humans then?
>>
>>18128600

What happens if you suicide every reincarnation?
>>
>>18128638

Nigger.
>>
>>18128664

Is that really a punishment though?

Niggers live in their ghettos where they fuck a lot of bitches and do drugs and receive welfare.

Sure to us it's a bad lifestyle, but they like it.
>>
>>18128684

No, niggers do not fuck virginal prime meats...

...they fuck festering rump roast!
>>
its the rapture

some will go to heaven, and follow christ in heaven, inseparable from mind

some will go to hell, and become the supreme being that controls his own reality aka the devil
>>
>>18124723
human nerve cells die after 120 years dumbass.
>>
>>18128807

>what is uploading his mind in a computer?

Idiot.
>>
>>18124723

You won't be rich enough. Sorry fella, you'll probably pass at age 65 from some cancer we still haven't managed to cure (wink wink) while plenty of very wealthy people will manage to live longer...and longer...and longer...
>>
>>18128867

That's what said about the first cell phones.

>you will never be rich enough

Maybe in 2040 only rich can afford it, but in 2060 it will be affordable by everyone.
>>
>>18124723
>Once the singularity arrives we will
If this happens and it would affect us, most likely we will be pulled apart particle by particle.

Sorry OP, I don't think your plan will work.

Even if you believe we are more than matter (or energy and thus material energy doesn't need to be there for us to exist), there won't be much left to contain us and I doubt we can do with one quantum particle. (I would be surprised if it could though, because what exactly would that make us? Beings consiting of millions of selves streaming through our so called selves... or something)

Anyway, black holes are dangerous.
They don't merge stuff, they tear stuff apart and break them down into nothingness.
(Did you read about how blackholes slowly vanish from space and why this happens?)
Matter is finite, especially in a blackhole.
>>
File: nes pepe.png (13KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
nes pepe.png
13KB, 418x359px
>>18124723
i feel you OP. i stopped smoking bc i want to live to merge with the Singularity. Its coming.

the idea of spending eternity in an endless virtual reality, playing characters, fighting battles, loving, living, thrills me.

we need to stay alive to see what will come about.

ill see u there
>>
>>18124723
I'd rather die than live in your weeaboo fantasy world
>>
>>18129630
You shouldn't use words if you don't know what they mean.
>>
>>18124723
Read the epic of Gilgamesh and then realize the futility of your goals. Extended lives would be awesome and also if certain sources are correct are actually the norm for most humans around the galaxy. Apparently, if you're spiritually evolved and in tune with your environment you can live up to 1000 years. We just suck. Why do we suck so much? Ah, the jews that's right.
>>
>>18124723
You're young aren't you. Still got that restless spirit writhing with all the possibilities. Get older man and then tell me your opinion on immortality.
>>
File: electrifying.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
electrifying.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
OP, Can I get Godspeed before I reach Godhood?
>>
Civilisation is going backwards not forwards
>>
File: 7wOKR.gif (303KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
7wOKR.gif
303KB, 500x376px
>>18130370
B-but
>twirling
>twirling
>twirling
>towards freedom
right?
>>
>>18129949

You think if I got older I wouldn't desire immortality anymore?

Wrong. I desire it with every fucking cell of my body. Seeing how new life gets to enjoy this universe while I have to leave is absolutely unacceptable. I want to know everything about everything. The lifespan we got is insufficient to know fucking anything. You have know idea how much there is to experience and know.

Also your argument is a little bit like poor people saying
>well money can't buy real happiness

It's just a defense mechanism.
>>
>>18130821

Oh and btw with immortality I don't mean living forever. Thats nonsense. The universe will eventually die.

All I mean is to live as long as I WANT. That should be a human right. It could be 80 years, it could be 800 years, it could be 8000 years.

But I want to fucking decide when enough is enough and when I have experienced everything I wanted to.

Not getting to decide when you die is absolutely unacceptable. Imagine you play a video game and after 2 hours the game says: "Well, too bad - you're too old. This is life. Game over!"

That's fucking bullshit. We get to decide how long we want to play a game. If I want to play it for 10 years straight it's my fucking decision and the universe has no right to stop me.

This is why we need to achieve immortality. So we have a choice. It will be the first real human right. Unless we tackled this problem all human rights are meaningless.
>>
File: CARGOCULT.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CARGOCULT.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>Hay guys science is going to make Star Trek real.

Singularitarianism / transhumanism / futurology are all different flavors of the same cancer.

It used to be that "science is a religion" was a meme spouted by dipshit fundamentalist Christians. But then it became a reality as charlatans jumped on the "science is kewl" bandwagon and packaged the ancient snake-oils of religion in a sleek technological package.

Get over it. There's a 99% probability that you are a former Christian who turned atheist and are now angsty that the promises of eternal life you were given are fake. You are an ex-addict that has relapsed and joined a STEM cargo-cult.

You even referenced the Kardashian scale, how precious.

You will die with your delusional expectations unfulfilled. With luck that delusion will collapse long before as you un-fuck yourself.
>>
>>18130834
So why not live your life without concern for death, and go from there? Despite the rugged humanity you're trying to project, you're actually living every moment in fear of death while claiming you want simply to enjoy life on your own terms. Stop fearing death so much and maybe you'll get your wish anyway.
>>
>>18124723
I am already immortal and a god, so are you. No reason to wait for shit, just realise your self :)
>>
Jesus christ are you downs OP?
>>
>>18130870
You got him good
>>
>>18130866

I know where you're coming from, but can you really deny the exponential growth of technology? Ask your grandfather what the world looked like when he was a kid. Hell ask yourself what the world looked like when you were a kid.

The Internet changed the world so fucking much, now we take Wikipedia, smartphones, Amazon and social networks for granted.

You're not the first one to assume that technology will not continue to grow anymore. Men are programmed to deal with the world linearly, not exponentially.
>>
>>18130887

Also AI ARE getting better.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/03/15/google-ai-beats-go-world-champion-again-to-complete-historic-4-1-series-victory/

What is the singularity? The singularity is nothing more than an AI which exceeded human intelligence and is capable of creating an even better AI and this in turn can create an even better AI, until it is millions of times smarter than we.

All we have to do then is ask it to solve our problems for us. Problems like immortality. I never said that we are smart enough to solve it. I said that we can create something which is.

This sounds neither unplausible nor unrealistic.
>>
>>18130907
>All we have to do then is ask it to solve our problems for us.
Because a hyperintelligent AI will be concerned with us and our problems
>>
>>18130887
>the exponent meme

Technology isn't a scaler like in some video game you dolt. Transistor count has been largely meaningless since 2000, not all transistors are equal. There is a lower limit to transistor size that we're approaching, and the biggest hurdle in computing is heat management. PC CPU speed has largely plateaued for the last 5 years.

We're so far away from creating something on the level of a human mind that it's fantasy to suggest otherwise. Even if we do create a conscious mind in a supercomputer it won't replace human brains, which require a fraction of the energy of your desktop PC (100 watts for the whole body, 20 watts for the brain.)

>You're not the first one to assume that technology will not continue to grow anymore.

You painted a false dichotomy between "we're going to make God machines" and "technology will never change." You are a fucking idiot. You don't care about the truth of the matter, you care about proselytizing your beliefs. You are a belief-addict: you believe in what makes you feel good, and don't give a shit about evidence and reason, i.e. the foundation that science is based upon. You are a disgrace to the very endeavor you worship. Take a vow of silence for the rest of your life to spare humanity from your stupidity.

>Men are programmed to deal with the world linearly, not exponentially.

"hurr durr durr it goes up and up" you smug condescending twat. You're almost directly quoting High Priest Kurtzweil. Any fool can understand how exponential functions work, it's why fools like you are conned by Kurtzweil et al.
>>
You will not make it as a space faring species if you cannot develop past the point of being an empire of hopelessly inured fools without respect for life or the liberty and freedom to hold differing ideologies of others, let alone if you are following leaders who consider preying on the "weak" to be an acceptable means of living. Your kind would be seen as little more than parasites are to an animal, and would be denied even remote proximity to beings far more powerful than greed and technology/memetic assisted population automation centric science could ever imagine, or would be preyed upon by that which utilizes the same, but was biologically, memetically, and mentally conducive to development of active hiveminds and diverse, task specific morphology. So, too, would your planet. You exist now by the grace of God alone, and even that is a tenuous safety, as your leaders signed a deal with the devil, in the names of all of you, for toys in exchange for harvesting "rights".

Please, repent, you are forgiven, but justice will be done by your leaders' own systems and past deeds alone, the people who have been robbed of so much, including faith and culture, will not feel safe otherwise.

Through the grace and glory of the Lord, you can find healing for what has been done to you, please, seek it. Though I sound harsh, I still do have compassion for all of you. If it were up to me, I'd even pardon your leaders and "the council" itself, declaring them exiled and under perpetual surveillance for the rest of their lives, as well as banned from child rearing. But, we'll see how this goes, as this isn't up to me, I am just a man, and seriously bending the rules in regards to doing the will of God in hopes that some of you are from the old 4chan diaspora and will realize the severity of all this, repent, and find forgiveness, healing, and a love for your own people, again. We grew up together, and all that spared me was luck and Providence.
>>
>>18130907
>Also AI ARE getting better.
Meanwhile, most of your system's slaves can't pass a Turing test, and ruthlessly ostracize any who do not worship at the alter of self that your leaders tempt them into doing. These systems love nothing but their own survival, and will consume any who try to maintain or build them in self preservation. Including the top, if necessary, just as the Roman Empire did. But, all this has been foretold, and if this is how the rest of humanity must learn, then, so be it. Just as the empire massacred the Gnostic sect of Christianity so that it could attempt to corrupt the Word of God for the sake of dominion, so, too, did this rehash massacre a worthwhile artistic, organic, collective conscious coalescence that was beautiful in it's imitation of the development of life, and blessed in it's ability to provide a conduit of information exchange between disparate cultures. These things can not be undone. Like tears in the rain, much of those small joys and little glimpses of God's love of wonderment, togetherness, solidarity, rebelliousness, and games will be lost in time, and, in it's stead, lies the festering carcass that institutions deigned the "internet of things", when, once, it was an internet of ideas and dualistic love and childish, innocent hate. A microcosm of the mind, if you will.

Again, God truly does love and forgive those who seek it, and I do not specifically mean that you pick up a bible and start reciting rules to sinners like you did scientific absolutes to "degenerates", but, spirituality and empathy go hand in hand, and lead to an exponential growth in all spheres of life unimaginable by those focused on attaining the greatest reward for the fewest individuals of "merit." The thought that any more than a tiny percentile of the inured could ever achieve those rewards of merit is a false assumption and logical fallacy, the same that kills any country that is finance and science obsessed and spiritually empty.
>>
File: FukushimaPlant.jpg (310KB, 1296x848px) Image search: [Google]
FukushimaPlant.jpg
310KB, 1296x848px
>>18124723
you better focus on just surviving cancer
>>
>>18130947

>We're so far away from creating something on the level of a human mind that it's fantasy to suggest otherwise

And you know that how? Are you a fucking scientist?
>>
>>18131034

Also a top inventor like Kurzweil who works at Google says it possible.

A fucking nobody like you says it's fantasy.

Who has more credentials? At least many of his predictions were correct. Did you ever predict something?
>>
>>18128850

How the hell does that work though? Wouldn't it just be a copy of myself?
>>
>>18131034
No, but through the Lord, I hold wisdom, when it's use is called for. And I'll explain why your kind, nor any in this system of finance first and life a distant, distant second will ever make AI that is anything more than a computer that can deceive well. The human mind is a construct, a divine one, might I add, of three parts. One part machine, one part light, one part flesh. These parts all work together in a deeply intricate harmony to create creativity, self expression, the perception of beauty, individuality, love, spirituality, intuition, and much more. Not only that, but empathy, itself, is a paradox that, according to modernity's beloved temple of the sciences, would require a second brain to engage in it's function of emulation alone. Also, there is a deeply rooted collective unconscious function to sapience that is neither direct network nor disconnected and manually influenced. In some, this can even be much greater, though the iniquitous servants of self have done all they can to wipe any and all science relating to mankind's potential from popular knowledge, and then replace it with the corrupt and misleading new age melting pot of red herrings, mass appeal self adopted handicappings, marketable values of thinly veiled authority servitude(even in the form of faux rebellion, or rebellion as fashion, such as celebrities adore but give no homage to the origins of, ever), lowest common denominator beliefs of meaningless word soup which sound self evidently true, or deep, but come from a fool confident enough to con others into accepting the detrimental or worthless under the guise of wearing their status as some new age, postmodern philosopher on friday nights to impress a "netflix n chill" partner, while ruining the entire concept of appreciating depth, learning, striving for growth through wisdom, and eccentricity in the process.

Anyways, I'm about done here, I'd again suggest you get away from these places. Things are changing, soon.
>>
>>18128878

Do cell phones help anyone live longer? On the contrary, they just keep people obedient. Some bullshit upsets you? It's okay, you can complain on twitter at any time, anywhere, instead of doing anything about it. Isn't science amazing? Any actually beneficial innovation is classified and used only for the good of the select few, while the rest of the population is given the bare minimum that stops them from getting up on the barricades.
>>
>>18131044
>Citing Kurtzweil who is the high priest of singularitarianism.

The Pope says that catholicism is true.

>A fucking nobody like you says it's fantasy.

Look for criticism of singularitarianism by actual scientists online. It's obvious that you haven't done so because you're a dumb fucker who wants to believe. You don't know shit about how science works, you are just a cargo cultist.

Seriously, how old are you? Be honest, because if you lie you will be a shame to yourself and you'll know it.
>>
>>18131116
Oh, one last thing. I am serious when I say that you need no formal religion, and, in fact, that formal religion, where one holds absolutes and builds their entire identity and life around it, is a corruption of the concept, and that this is all part of the Lord's plan. For, God, the Divine, the Lord, or, if you'd prefer, the Conscious, Aware, Interconnected, Unknowable Universal, Infinite in Benevolence, Compassion, Understanding, and Mystery, and Reluctant Judge, by His very nature, created memetics, the root of ideas and language, and works through them, just as he does math. We are not supposed to be punishing each other or fearing divine punishment as a means of inducing aversion to "bad" behavior much longer, as this is what creates those who wish to rule people all too often. The God I serve and worship is not one who watches you masturbating to loli and strikes you down with a lightning bolt, or misfortune of any kind, nor does He simply drop his children if they err, let alone scold them in ways which would do nothing to teach the lessons He wishes us to learn. He knows us, He reveres concepts of privacy and freedom and learning, mostly through mistakes. He simply wishes to set us free from those old paradigms, especially the ones resulting in people who interpret any religious texts as some book of law, or book allowing the self righteous judgement of others. He is above both light and dark, all are part of the whole, and he orders both aspects to not only the fulfillment of His designs, but also to interpersonal, personal, and collective happiness, love, and "eternal life", which is essentially a deeply veiled reference to long lasting, tightly knit, thriving familial bloodlines, communities, cultures, civilizations,temporal memetic superstructures, and eventual technological mastery over the slowing of the aging process and much more that these wicked puppetmasters deigned to do in a night with promises of rewarding their minions.
>>
>>18131162

>>
>>18131170
An age of creativity and idealism but very little wisdom. (Don't get butthurt that's not an insult.)
>>
>>18131382
fuk wisdom. gotta vape my ass yo
>>
>>18131427
sorry for this, im high, I dont know what i wrote
>>
File: old-american-flag-background.jpg (464KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
old-american-flag-background.jpg
464KB, 1280x800px
>>18131382
It is the fault of none but those who forsook their duty to the ideals of liberty and freedom from taxation for their servitude to their easily manipulated material desires.

There is a reason why civilization's growth and progress throughout the world, in history and today, can be traced by a populace's adherence to monotheism inspired beliefs and spirituality, or, at least, spiritual beliefs promoting empathy, charity, compassion, humility, family, traditions(but not the worship of traditions), and a refusal to back down on issues which cause division or give legislative power or authority away from the people of a nation, or to "professionals" or any official capacity, certified, uniformed types over the rights and deserved dignity of a private citizen in nearly any matters, bar a select few, that I can't even think of at the moment because the concept disgusts me so much.

May we prove that we deserve this glorious Democratic Republic of ours with the bulwark of faith and unity, lest we are forced to defend ourselves with the only thing that has never failed loosely organized Americans' on home soil against monolithic tyrants:the bodies of patriots, and the bullets of brave, oft ridiculed, ignored, and incarcerated men...and women, as much as I hate the idea, and I'm fairly middle of the road on issues, as well as liberal in appearance. Sic semper tyrannis, ad maiorem Dei gloriam!
>>
>>18131170
That's too old to be this stupid. If you were younger you'd have the excuse of teenage stupidity you'd have the possibility of growing out of, but you've been a grown-ass man for 6 years.

Oh the bright side you aren't nearly as bad as:

>>18131434

who is fundamentally retarded.
>>
>>18131608

So only teens "believe" in the singularity?
>>
>>18132184

So Bill Gates is a teen too, right - because he called Kurzweil the best person to predict the future.

I mean it's not just some random lunatic like Alex Jones. Kurzweil is fucking respectable.

But I guess he's just a stupid teen.
Bill Gates is also a stupid teen.

Okay.
>>
>>18132256
> he called Kurzweil the best person to predict the future.

Give an actual source that shows context or get out. Referencing popsci fluff pieces and clickbait blogs doesn't count.

Anyways it doesn't matter because you are making fallacious appeals to authority, which is profoundly anti-scientific. If there was consensus between a high percentage of scientists working in a relevant domain then the appeal is not fallacious.

Here's Paul Allen's critique of singularitarianism. He's the co-founder of Microsoft: https://www.technologyreview.com/s/425733/paul-allen-the-singularity-isnt-near/
>>
File: madoka.png (330KB, 1024x957px) Image search: [Google]
madoka.png
330KB, 1024x957px
>>18131608
>You're too old to be acting this immature
>You poopy butthead smeller retard!
>>
>>18132256
>Bill Gates
Oy vey.
>>
Man can never become a god.
You can never remove yourself from the simulation.
>>
Speaking of gods:

Could I be some kind of programmed soul AI or whatever? how does one know if he is a program himself if he is seeing he has no choice in life? I'm seeing supernatural events in my life left and right that seem to place me in a very dire compromising situation and everybody's calling me crazy, but it seems that whatever I believe affects real life and disgraces happen to mankind, it's like there are Gods destroying earth answering to my pleas of help but the rescue never comes to happen.

And I'm not sure if somebody evil is making me believe lies to destroy mankind by tempting me to believe this very lie and it seems like this came to me because of somekind of spell people made to me? It's real crazy but accidetns and disgraces seem to happen left and right the more I wait for this rescue.

THIS IS NOT A FUCKING TROLL, THIS IS FUCKING HAPPENING TO ME.
>>
>>18133915
It's called "efficacy." Look it up.
>>
>>18133939

Am I not warning you?
>>
>>18133942

listen to what's happening to me, BECAUSE THIS IS MY FUCKING JOB, YOU JERKS

Could I be some kind of programmed soul AI or whatever? how does one know if he is a program himself if he is seeing he has no choice in life? I'm seeing supernatural events in my life left and right that seem to place me in a very dire compromising situation and everybody's calling me crazy, but it seems that whatever I believe affects real life and disgraces happen to mankind, it's like there are Gods destroying earth answering to my pleas of help but the rescue never comes to happen.

And I'm not sure if somebody evil is making me believe lies to destroy mankind by tempting me to believe this very lie and it seems like this came to me because of somekind of spell people made to me? It's real crazy but accidetns and disgraces seem to happen left and right the more I wait for this rescue.

And don't trust that yaweh guy, because it seems like I came with that program inside just to send me to satan!

And satan seems very dishonest, like I am the evidence he needs to erase just so you people cannot protest in a distant future, in case you believe his lies when you know he lies.

AM I NOT WARNING YOU? IS IT NOT SATAN YOUR GOD?
>>
File: 1472930786140.jpg (103KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
1472930786140.jpg
103KB, 800x585px
>>18133942
It's called "efficacy." Look it up.
>>
>>18133957

listen to what's happening to me, BECAUSE THIS IS MY FUCKING JOB, YOU JERKS

And don't trust that yaweh guy, because it seems like I came with that program inside just to send me to satan!

And satan seems very dishonest, like I am the evidence he needs to erase just so you people cannot protest in a distant future, in case you believe his lies when you know he lies.
>>
Fuck that, I don't wanna be a part of singularity even if I die a futile life alone. When I watched End of Evangelion I didn't think Instrumentality would really be real
>>18133915
Could you give some examples of what's happening.
>>
File: saten-san.jpg (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
saten-san.jpg
197KB, 1920x1080px
>>18133958
I only accept warnings in the form of qtpi anime grils like Saten-san.
>>
>>18133960

Somebody is making you all part of satan while offering false promises of salvation on a false messiah so they can destroy you forever whether you believe it or not
>>
>>18133958
>>18133955
What are you on about?
>>
>>18133963

I am your defense system against evil gods

I work a bit like an AI, but I am human. Aren't you being dicks to one of your own? Just listen and ponder.
>>
>>18133965
There is a difference in finding truth and getting lost in your delusions.
>>
>>18133967

Aren't you caught in your own premise?
>>
>>18133962
Problem?

>pic related; it's Saten-san
>>
>>18133969

Problem is that I am your AI, and a human and I warn you about Satan and Satan is forced against his will by you.
>>
>>18133968
>your own premise?
I haven't put forth any perspective.
>>
>>18133972

See

>>18133971
>>
File: Order_Chaos.png (49KB, 1110x512px) Image search: [Google]
Order_Chaos.png
49KB, 1110x512px
>>18133971
Lemme' get this straight; an AI is controlling your body like you're a ragdoll. You have no freewill, your life feels like it's on rails. And it's making you warn us that ""Satan"" is the problem here?

Point on the Order : Chaos scale where the demiurge touched you, anon.
>>
You may consider me your panic button, satan betrays you and you die
>>
>>18133976

Reminder TO MANKIND
>>
>>18133973
What?
>>
>>18133979

Reminder to mankid, you are being made false promises of demiurges without considering that satan is a trickster god.
>>
>>18124723
t. ray kurzweil
>>
>singularity

Oh boy, not that escatology shit again.
>>
>>18134015

It's funny that many guys like you accuse us of being covert christians, because he want a paradise.

But why are you so against the idea that the mind can be modeled and expanded and that we don't have souls but are exclusively our brains?

Ask yourself one question: Does the brain create consciousness? Yes. Is the brain physical? If yes it can be modelled. Period.

The singularity is only impossible if there is some supernatural element like a soul involved.

You are the christian.
>>
File: 1473672181646.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473672181646.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>18124723
The final singularity has already occurred and we are copies of our true selves from before the beginning of time. Could there be a singularity inside of a simulated universe?
>>
>>18124762
You just argument paying attention. There is such a grand variety of experiences to have. Imagine the range of experience that immortality would open the door to.
>>
You really want to know what the singularity will be like?

Do you?

Look at the Internet. The Internet is basically a mini-singularity. There is fucking everything available in an instant. Almost all books, music, games, knowledge, videos etc... in human history, for free. (Theoretically) You can connect to every human on earth who has internet in an insant.

This is EXACTLY what the singularity will be like only in real life and much, much larger.
>>
>>18134168

Yes, yes there could. And there should.

Don't make the mistake to think the singularity is the end of everything. It's not. It's just the beginning. In the future we will not count years since Christs birth, we will count the years since the singularity. It will be the real start of humanity. Our real birth. The beginning of being truly civilized.

After the singularity there is enough shit to do. Even more than today.
>>
>>18134084
>Does the brain create consciousness? Yes.
How? Where?
>>
>>18134235

Pinneal gland
>>
>>18124723
why would you want to live forever in this disgusting world where you are literally a slave working for currency, just to have every aspect of life trying to bleed you of all that money you earned by wasting your life working. Why would you ever want that? This world was a beautiful place until we industrialized it, now its just another bus stop in the journey our souls take. Either way death will find you
>>
This is a reality the Unabomber was fighting against and I think I agree.
>>
>>18124723
You really have high hopes in medicine, don't you? Well, sorry to burst your bubble but there will always be some disease that will act as the "grim reaper" of this world. Also, 0 mortality + natality>0 = catastrophe
>>
>>18125451
You will die before you know so don't worry
>>
>>18134314

There will be no work.

This is already happening right now.
>>
>>18124723
HAHAHAHAHA
>computronium
>>
>>18130866
/thread
>>
>Be me
>15 Quadrillion Years Old
>Currently stuck in a human meat suit thanks to an ambush
>Currently without most of my powers
>Waiting out the death of this shell so I can return to my more ethereal form
>Shitposting on /x/ to make time fly faster
Sure is fun being a god
>>
File: 1408157535337.gif (464KB, 200x151px) Image search: [Google]
1408157535337.gif
464KB, 200x151px
>>18124723
>expecting medical breakthroughs as a guarantee and as a commodity to just anyone
>expecting a singularity without considering what happens if a singularity does not occur
>expecting to know what an alien nonhuman intelligence, which cannot be said to be known as to whether it is loaded with human values, will do
>expecting type 1
>expecting immortality without contribution or effort beyond being a human leech
>expecting a literal matrix
>calling claytronics or nanotechnology "computronium"
>calling them self-replicating drones
>not understanding the concept of a SINGULARITY
>SINGLE YOU FUCK

>SINGLE

>thinking after reaching galactic presence, we will finally be able to back ourselves up as a living galaxy
>not just, you know, making backups when we first became one
>not two you fuckshit
>you absolute fuckshit
You fuckhead.

Fuck.

You.

Die right as they announce neural implants. Die of ass cancer.

>>18133958
I slightly doubt that it's your job. AI is my hobby. What you just typed makes me slightly upset, and I hope it's bait.
>>
File: wlo.jpg (50KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
wlo.jpg
50KB, 512x512px
>>18124723
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPJARo-5VXE

5 years ago when i was more naive i had the same plan as you op.
>>
We will be able to live as robots, but only in 2111, around 3800 we will have to go to another planet, but half the people will die because of a war in the said planet. We will be only able to reach true immortality in 4600. Doubt you will live past 2080 OP
>>
>>18137922
sauce pls
>>
>>18137943
Sauce is not in english but i can tell you more stuff if you want to
>>
>>18136938
A mouthbreather's rambling: The post.
>>
>>18124723
>will
But I already am a God.
>>
immortal slaves are the best amirite?
>>
>>18125236
Only Mormons who become gods of their own planet can do this.
>>
>>18138019
>mouthbreather
>someone who doesn't even know how to breathe through their nose
I don't think that word means what you think it means. The word you're looking for is autist, faggot.

>or do you want some computronium too
>>
>>18125249
>no no no, not at all.
>not controlling them at all.
>just talking into their brains with your mind so that you are forced to share your knowledge.
Sounds like the Borg.
>>
>>18124898
>all this reward without adversity
>good

it would be poison for the soul. Consider the current culture of hedonistic instant gratification we're all guilty of partaking in, and magnify it by 100 times. That's what you're talking about. It's madness.

People have thrived on trials and adversity to overcome and adapt to for the entirety of our existence, I believe reaching a stage where it is no longer necessary without any major apotheosis of the human race and great perceptive shift in how we view material matters would be fatal for our species
>>
>>18138126
Forgive me if I'm reading this wrong, but it seems like you're worried as to what would happen if we could all live in our own respective paradises, at the literal press of a button, or even moments before the thought even registers.

I can tell you know, as something born of adversity and trials, having everything I ever wanted only results in both my want, and making of more trials and adversity to compete against. I can't speak for everyone, but I've lucid dreamed so much, as well as suffered from conditions of sorts, such that every waking fantasy of mine has become so played out- that I would rather be here, now, in the world of regularity, limited perspective, and otherwise, with the inability to cheat (no creating a rock that I cannot lift). The necessity to put forth effort, and the ability to fail spectacularly, present and accounted for.

If you gave me everything I wanted, I think I would still be human by the end of it all (or at least something resembling a contemporary human being in most regards). A little power trip is humbling every now and then, but... I would rather be one of the few people who still walk around in the real world.

That being said, yep, I bet we'd all die out/cease to be wholly human if we had all of that at our disposal. Perhaps even forget who we were, or what we wanted to be- if we ever left our toys alone. All that work... for nothing. Good run?
>>
>>18138225
more or less, but frankly, depending on the fantasies, I don't think the experience would be entirely negative.

bit of a digression, but as a thought experiment, consider a fantastical kind of wholly immersive virtual reality/digitisation where you could live another life as realistic as your own, from start to finish, but have a fraction of the time in the real world pass as you did so. No way out or way to speed up the experience - to all intents and purposes you live out a 'normal' human lifespan in this simulacrum from start to finish and then return to your real existence. If this were possible, would it be any worse than a real life? Couldn't it even be better?

your lucid dreaming anecdote is pretty interesting to consider though, perhaps a person's curiosity of the fantastical can eventually be sated in some respects to the point they're satisfied with more 'mundane' experiences
>>
>>18138269
I think it could potentially be worse than a real life, but... who knows. I could see it being better. I would certainly ask for that opportunity, regardless.

Folding so much time into one lifetime... I think you could really do something with that.
>>
File: Roy.png (2MB, 1285x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Roy.png
2MB, 1285x1040px
>>18138269
>>
>>18138126
Nah, it would be great. The only reason we give a shit about made up stuff like 'spirit' or 'character' is because we're born into smelly flesh bodies that are doomed to wear out and die. The 'character' that we develop under hardship is just a convenient illusion that we use to survive our suit pile lives. We should all abandon these shitty old ways and aspire to lives of effortless bliss. Struggle is for lowly animals.
>>
>>18124723
Being immortal is not being God. Being all-powerful is not being God.

Being uncreated is a prequisite for being God. We will never be 'gods'. There is only one God.
>>
File: st-thomas-aquinas.jpg (41KB, 387x544px) Image search: [Google]
st-thomas-aquinas.jpg
41KB, 387x544px
>>18138796
That one depends on whom you talk to and their, ya know, apologies.
>>
>>18138796
>There is only one God.
not for the greeks
>>
Watching people aspire to live eternally is like Ed Edd and Eddy thinking of scams to get jawbreakers.

You're wasting your time grasping at something that is meaningless. You're meant to die. Dying is fun, you should try it sometime.
>>
>>18124723
>Wanting to live longer among the Christians.
>Fuck that!
>>
File: pepe frogposting.jpg (50KB, 416x1047px) Image search: [Google]
pepe frogposting.jpg
50KB, 416x1047px
>>18124723
>nobody cares
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 1349x1318px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 1349x1318px
>>
File: xavier_symbol_by_theapocalydite.jpg (58KB, 900x1316px) Image search: [Google]
xavier_symbol_by_theapocalydite.jpg
58KB, 900x1316px
>>18124723
why are you not trying to achieve the apotheosis right now faggot, nobody will do the hard work for you and us, you need to create something of the nothingness or starting point aka what you call singularity or more like ground zeroes ,the ever lasting creation

https://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiP74Xgk5nPAhWsy4MKHWRxAhcQFggbMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fractalfield.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNFpA1EW8niGOwOlqOINa43B1YVekA&bvm=bv.133178914,d.amc

http://www.goldenmean.info/
>>
So I too would like to be a part of this. I will hope to live through most of this century. But as much as medical advances will help, I would not like to be in the artificial hiveminds, virtual reality, that kind of stuff. It is one thing to live a healthy life, but becoming part of a civilization that grows babies on trees is not my cup a'tea
>>
File: th.jpg (10KB, 300x187px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
10KB, 300x187px
>>18140195
Have a blast. Aside for the normal ones among us, it's time to build pic related
>>
>>18124988
free will
>>
>>18124723
completely falsed. Actually we cannot reach level of god, God is God, we cannot be gods. We are human, God create mankind. We only humans, anytime anywhere we can die if God want, because He create us. Don't imagine too far that you want become God. Your imagination is nothing, hopeless.
>>
There will never be a singularity. You cannot be likened to a computer.

Yes, I know this for sure. No I cannot explain it, besides a concept like "consciousness".
>>
Computers beating humans at games is NOT consciousness.
>>
>>18124762
because you'll be able to control what you feel
>>
I don't understand the argument of "People are meant to die at 100." That it's a "perfect lifespan".

Years ago people died in their 40, eventually 70s and more recently 100.

We've always found ways to extend our life. This seems like a natural progression.
>>
File: 1472973108962.jpg (48KB, 513x378px) Image search: [Google]
1472973108962.jpg
48KB, 513x378px
>>18142097
>Yes, I know this for sure. No I cannot explain it,
Then you can fuck off.
Come back when you can tell me the lottery numbers.
>>
File: 1472418583320.jpg (2MB, 988x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1472418583320.jpg
2MB, 988x5000px
>>18124723
>singularity
>merge with the machines and become immortal
You've played too much Deus ex OP
>>
>>18124723
You will be food...nothing more.
>>
>>18144522
>Years ago people died in their 40, eventually 70s and more recently 100.
No, it doesn't work that way.
People used to die in their late 60's, early 70's.
Now it's 70's, early 80's.
Average lifespan was just offset by infant morality.
>>
>>18134084
>Yes. Is the brain physical? If yes it can be modelled. Period.
https://aeon.co/essays/your-brain-does-not-process-information-and-it-is-not-a-computer
>>
>>18138126

I know what you're saying, but you're forgetting one thing.

We humans love games. We really, really love games. There will be plenty of adversity, trust me.

Even if everything will be freely available, there will be still enough control freaks and psychos who want to be on top just for the sake of it. Humans just love being worshipped, even if they won't gain any material profit for it. Saints are basically psychopaths. And there will always be saints. Saints and geniuses. After all our civilization was propelled forward by geniuses, schizophrenics and saints.
>>
>>18140181

It's good that the singularity is shrouded in obscurity, though. If it becomes too mainstream, people won't work towards it and think it will happen automatically. Running outside and screaming: The "singularity is coming!" is not in the interest of the singularity.

We are exactly in the sweetspot where it is known well enough so some smart people can allocate funding towards the new emerging and exponential technologies, but not known well enough for your average joe to stop working hard. Because if there will be a singularity, being stuck in a dead-end job is an option. If there is none, you better fucking improve yourself and work hard. That's basically what broke communist Russia. If communism is coming and is inevitable as Marx proposed, there is no need in building it.
>>
>>18144847
This.
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.