[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /x/,longtime lurker here looking to become greenpilled/get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1446693947309.png (339KB, 2000x2368px) Image search: [Google]
1446693947309.png
339KB, 2000x2368px
hey /x/,longtime lurker here looking to become greenpilled/get further into Hermetics and alchemy. Is Secret Teachings of All Ages worth reading the whole way through (just finished the sections of theory and practice of alchemy), or am I better off moving forward onto other reading material?
>>
>>18124211
where would you say you are on that chart?
>>
>>18124231
Tier 5 looking to get to 6. I've already read The Kybalion and Fringe Knowledge for Beginners as well.
>>
Not OP. Tier 5, going by your image. Kinda weird to see it sorted out into categories like that, now, but I remember using tools like that to think about things like this when I was younger.

To be blunt, there's not a text in the world I'd recommend as a path to mysticism. The idea of an objective, codified, testable system of magic is... I mean, I don't wanna say it's just flat wrong, but it misses the mark.

You're better off skimming what you can find, and only reading in depth if it hooks you. Magic isn't like academia. You don't have to follow any specific footsteps, you don't need to write a book report, and you don't need to adhere to one 'correct' school of thought.

If the hermits and the alchemists were the true masters of occult agency over the empirical world, then we'd be seeing a very different world indeed.

Don't let books shackle you. That is not the way this works.
>>
>>18124261
Upon a second reading, I'd say closer to six, but also upon a second reading I think the way they explain it is super dumb.

Poetic, yes. Appropriately mystical sounding, yes.
But also dumb.
>>
>>18124261
OP here. I more or less had my "awakening" moment over the summer, where I realized a lot of things intuitively about myself, my life goals, and what would later become my spiritual interests, for which I came here as a resource. I've been at this level before, only to slowly slip back out over time before skyrocketing up again, but this time I'd like to maintain my current state of being if not go further, and I'm not quite sure how to go about that. not sure what you mean by younger but I'm currently 21
>>
>>18124270
Samefag here.
The terminology they use is a little grating, but the crux of it is valid. All this talk of spirits and souls is basically window dressing on the true point;

A person is not some simple thing in a straightforward relationship with a singular reality. There are many elements which, by virtue of their functional harmonics, the trends and tendencies of their working relationship, compose the coherent symphony of 'You'.

Crossing that line requires attention to all the gears and levers which come together into the ticking, tocking, living, breathing person. It means understanding where the agency behind your thoughts and actions arises from, so that you can nudge those components into the directions you please.

The magic arises not from some bogus claim of altering the external world, as such, but from attaining the ability to exist in an external world more suited to your intention.

It's the kind of concept that people try to write books about, only to fail by default because the concept is neither static nor transmissible.

TLDR Fuck books go do some mushrooms in the woods and think about how much voodoo it takes just to exist as a person in the first place because it's actually a whole fucking lot.
>>
>>18124261
>Poetic, yes. Appropriately mystical sounding, yes.
>But also dumb.

If you can't intuit further without reading, then you're still working on the theory part, which in your chart is stage 4 to 5.
>>
>>18124287
I mean... younger. Objectively. Like, at a time where fewer seconds had elapsed in my life than the current number.

You're a new hatchling, it sounds like, and I don't mean to be patronizing, but my advice is to just... stay at 5. Get comfortable in your new skin.
>>
>>18124299
I'm critiquing their use of language, that's all.
>>
>>18124303
None taken, but could you elaborate further?
>>
>>18124211
You are 1 if you take that chart seriously.
>>
>>18124311
I can try.
First and foremost, your brain is still in the last phase of puberty. You are, in a very literal and physical way, not yet a fully developed adult human.
Our brains don't hit their real stride until 23-25, when neuroplasticity reaches its optimal functional range. Google the word, do some reading.
Thing is, until then, you're going to benefit the most from obtaining a large pool of experiences at the "tier 5" functional level.

Perhaps you might think of it like breaking in a new pair of boots; you'll need to adjust to them as much as they'll adjust to you, but if they're going to serve you for years to come there's no reason to rush.

The freshly awakened perspective is where you'll make a lot of progress and realizations, not "going higher up" but... further out. Yes, the plateau you've reached is also a foothill for a greater peak, but that doesn't begin to address the vast expanse it has to offer.

Does this make sense?
>>
>>18124319
Tier -1 is objectively verifiable, as far as all obtainable evidence has ever gone. Don't forget that you don't actually have a magic wand, you can't actually fly, and you can't kill spirit zombies with your brain mojo.
Magic is a delusion.

And yet, somehow, it's one we share. Therein lies the greater truth, that the world in all its cold and rational glory has nonetheless proven time and again to have depth and complexity hidden around the corners and behind the walls of what we can see and feel and test.
>>
>>18124328
>>18124331
We exist as expanding wave functions. Wellbeing is a constant.

We are at a crossroads of sharing and bondage.

This life is nothing short of a blossoming harmonizing of Vedic spacetime. We heal, we vibrate, we are reborn. Potentiality requires exploration.

Consciousness consists of transmissions of quantum energy. “Quantum” means a refining of the divine. To go along the journey is to become one with it. The goal of superpositions of possibilities is to plant the seeds of hope rather than delusion.

Today, science tells us that the essence of nature is power. By summoning, we dream. Wellbeing is the driver of conscious living.

As you live, you will enter into infinite beauty that transcends understanding.
Feng shui may be the solution to what’s holding you back from a jaw-dropping evolution of potentiality. You will soon be reborn by a power deep within yourself — a power that is sublime, endless. Through feng shui, our chakras are engulfed in stardust.

Humankind has nothing to lose. Who are we? Where on the great quest will we be reborn? Our conversations with other dreamers have led to a refining of supra-life-affirming consciousness.
>>
>>18124337
A little flowery for my tastes.

The bit about human brains hitting maturity at mid-20 range isn't exactly news, though, and you're... no offense, obviously not a physicist.

Like, 'quantum' means discretely quantifiable. I'm not even sure what quantum energy would be, since if the Standard Model holds, all energy is quantum.

I'm also not sure you're interpreting superposition in a valid way. It's not an ambiguous concept, it's a rigorously defined behavioral dynamic of observed particles.

Other than that, it's a pretty good bullshit.
>>
>>18124367
Its from a website that generates spiritual sounding bullshit. Anon is a robot.
>>
>>18124287
Pssst, my tip is you can disregard what people say here about your age or level of advancement. Ultimately, only you can discern how far you've progressed because it's your subjective experience that will be affected by your practice.

You seem generally well-read already, so I can't think of any books that can help you further. There is such a thing as horizontal progress, where you're not really moving forward but you are retaining a lot of information.

My advice, even though I just told you to disregard it, is to start putting knowledge into practice if you haven't already.

The advancement to tier 7 is not a knowledge thing. You'll never get it from reading. You'll arrive there through practice which is what will build your trust and intuition in the alchemical process. That's what tier 6 is all about. If you need more information, you'll know what books to look for based on the progress of your practice.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.