[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Local Spooks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 20

File: 20150215_183915-1.jpg (2MB, 2023x2472px) Image search: [Google]
20150215_183915-1.jpg
2MB, 2023x2472px
Post any spookiness that's relative to your area. (I.E. deserted buildings, urban legends, folklore, etc.)
I live just outside of Mason, TN and a big attraction down here is a vacant church named Trinity Church.
Supposed to be heavily haunted and bad luck and misfortune will fall on you if you disrespect the graves located in the back of the church.
>>
File: 20150215_183040-1.jpg (2MB, 1897x2635px) Image search: [Google]
20150215_183040-1.jpg
2MB, 1897x2635px
Back of the church
>>
Closest one here is just a boring sasquatch called the boggy creek monster in Fouke.
>>
>>18121843
Neat. What are the origins of the story?
>>
>>18121854
It honestly differs from person to person. I've heard everything from a crazy minister at the church used to eat kids in the basement of the church, or the church itself is actually a cover up for some weird pseudo-government testing. Either way, I've only been there once and don't care to return.
>>
>>18121760
I'm not big on the occult, Satanism or witchcraft but now and again dilapidated buildings (usually churches, farmhouses and manors) are broken into in and around the Windsor area in England. You usually get the clichéd pentagrams of blood, goats heads and the like, but now and again you get something more interesting like a foetus.
>>
>>18121760
Hi OP, I'm also from and live in TN! I've heard of trinity and had some friends go back in high school. They pretty much did the average spoopy Halloween teenager shit and scared themselves.

There is also a haunted bridge around here. I'll try to get the name, but I remember this much:

You're supposed to drive to the middle of the bridge, turn off the car and headlights then honk three times. Supposedly a mourning ghost woman will bring her headless ghost baby to you or something along those lines. Two or three people I know SWEAR they saw it but idk...it sounds a bit over the top to me, never been myself.
>>
>Columbia SC
-Typical stuff desu. There's a crybaby bridge that's probably BS (old state road)
-Railroad crossing where if you put your car in neutral you'll get pushed. Tried it in HS and got spooked
-Old mental hospital that's pretty scary but mostly because of hobos
-longstreet theater at USC, supposedly used as a civil war hospital. Had a lot of fun exploring that when I was a freshman
Not too much thanks to the Union army, our oldest buildings are from the 1800s
>>
File: 20150215_182844-1.jpg (3MB, 1919x2606px) Image search: [Google]
20150215_182844-1.jpg
3MB, 1919x2606px
And the front of the church
>>
>>18123496
I think I've heard of that bridge before, know the town that it's in?
>>
>>18123496
Me again, found source of bridge and it's actually IN the town I live in. I had the story/haunting a bit jumbled up. Turns out friend was probably full of shit on her story but seems interestingly spoopy enough. I might give it a go.

link if anyone is interested..

https://tnhauntings.wordpress.com/2008/04/30/harts-bridge-road-jackson-tn/
>>
>>18123591
It's in Jackson TN, I posted a link if you wanna check it out.

I also just remembered this fucking thing. The dollhouse. I have heard about this haunted dollhouse from so many people and most of the stories seem to match up one way or another.

Never been myself because I am chicken. But it's in Medina TN, probably about 15 minutes from Jackson.

Link:
http://www.ghostvillage.com/encounters/2006/05242006.shtml
>>
Highlands of Scotland here. I live an hour or so drive from Boleskine house. Aleister Crowley owned it for a while. Locals wouldn't walk past it. It's on the south shore of loch Ness. Burned down a while ago though. Haven't been down to see it since.
>>
>>18123496
we have a similar bridge story in Kansas City
>>
I'm in Memphis, TN. Don't know of any haunted places anyone know any so I can visit?
>>
File: thatsnomoonohwaititis.jpg (50KB, 1530x790px) Image search: [Google]
thatsnomoonohwaititis.jpg
50KB, 1530x790px
>>18121760
There was a big sighting here in Cincinnati in the 40's. A sphere of light hovered over a Cincinnati suburb and didn't move for hours. Since 40's they thought it was the fucking Japs and there is old newspaper clippings of police and military trying to shine a spotlight up at the object to get a better look at it. Pretty sure it was the moon though. :P
>>
File: lolbatman.jpg (47KB, 266x326px) Image search: [Google]
lolbatman.jpg
47KB, 266x326px
>>18126000
>>
File: 1280px-canal_street.jpg (349KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-canal_street.jpg
349KB, 1280x960px
Not as paranormal/creepy as some other stories, but there's a popular rumour/legend about a serial killer in Manchester that stalks the gay district and pushes men into the river.

They call 'em "the Pusher"/"the Manchester Pusher", but police say there isn't any evidence for it despite more than 80 people (mostly guys) turning up dead in the water for 6+ years.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/serial-killer-dubbed-the-pusher-7204892

More interesting than anything. The only other stories I have around my area would be potential haunted bridge door & general creepy woods stories.
>>
>>18126003
>>18126000

What they didn't tell people at the time and it wasn't even declassified until the late 90's was that yes, this was probably/certainly a gift from the Japs and the Army knew exactly what kind of gift.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balloon_bomb
>>
I live in Huntsville, Alabama

There's a playground next to the cemetery here that is supposedly haunted and that ghosts of kids come to play there. It's called "Dead Children's Playground." It's a pretty neat spot and kinda spooky at night, but I don't actually think it's haunted.

I was also told that the people who live in the old historic houses in the neighborhood surrounding this cemetery supposedly won't open their doors after midnight for some reason.

There's also a place up on the mountain called "Hell's Gate," which has a ton of different rumors surrounding it. Something about a ghost car chasing you down the mountain, a bunch of stuff about rituals and people going missing, etc.

I went up there (Hell's Gate) once at night to play a game of airsoft in the woods. One of my friends that was there swears he saw hooded figures skulking around in the dark, but I didn't see them myself. What we DID find though, was a dead blackbird stapled to a wooden post. I wanted to investigate but when the leader of our group saw it, he got spooked and immediately said it was time to leave. I wish I had gotten pics
>>
>>18126051

Shit dude, I'm from Decatur. Where is Hells Gate on Monte Sano?
>>
>>18126055
Green Mountain. If you drive up Green Mountain Road (off Bailey Cove road) it's somewhere up there, off the right side of the road in the woods. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly how to get there. We went 6 or 7 years ago.
>>
>>18126068

Sweet. Going to check it out. Decatur has exactly dick in the way of spooks.
>>
>>18126068
Oh, I should add: When you drive up Green Mountain road, eventually there's a fork in the road. To get to this place you have to keep right at the fork; going left is just a dead end with some houses
>>
>>18126071
Cool, let me know if you find the gates. Take some pictures and report back?

Here's the closest thing I can find to an exact location: on facebook, pages/Hells-Gate/273372009437392
>>
Madrid, Spain. Basically a girl (Estefania Gutierrez) who used the ouija board with some friends, one of them wanted to speak with her deceased boyfriend. The teacher comes and break the glass they were using as pointer, supposedly the glass was filled with a white smoke that got into the girl through her nose.

Since then the girl started to get seizures in her home, she said there were tall, slender figures who greeted each other by shaking hands and told her to go with them. Then tipycal "Regan Macneil" shit during 6 months, seizures, superhuman strength, she attacking her brothers etc. She died in the hospital during a coma, the doctors said her death was "sudden and fishy"

When she died her house went shitbat crazy, shadow figures molesting her brothers and parents, touching their feet while in bed, burning photographs etc.

Parents call the police and shit keeps going crazy while the police is in there, this was showed in the news, there are testimonials from the police and it went viral in Spain since it's kinda recent. I skipped a lot of details, you can find the name of the hospital, doctors, police agents etc. in google.
>>
>>18121760
I don't live far, can confirm
>>
File: Spookhill.jpg (28KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Spookhill.jpg
28KB, 300x225px
Not much. I live in central Florida near Spook Hill, an adorable little optical illusion that tourists love.

Beyond that you'll find a lot of people around here that will call you a crackpot for believing in Bigfoot but go on to say that they believe in the Skunk Ape. That's our huge local cryptid legend. And I believe it's the only sasquatch that has photographic evidence that hasn't been debunked as a hoax.
>>
>>18126527
Hm. I just moved to Tampa and this is just over an hour away from me. Anything else at all in this general area? I came here from the Atlanta area and there wasn't a damn thing up there.
>>
>>18123782
Where at in KC?
Haven't heard that one
>>
>>18123496
>>18123591
>>18123782

This story is called cry baby bridge. Pretty much every state in the US has that story in one or more locations.
>>
>Tfw live in a small town in norcal
>All that there is here is a small haunted road
>No cool spots to check out aside from a supposedly haunted ww2 Japanese detention camp at the fairgrounds
Stockton is boring
>>
>>18126527
Anclote is haunted, and there is an old cemetery back in the woods a little. on cemetery road.
>>
>>18126644
Wife is from Stockton... place is lame as fuck.
>>
Knoxville, TN reporting, There's Lake Shore Hospital, The Wonderland Resort out near Elkmont, and the Greenback Castle.
>>18125980
Voodoo Village
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akde6ug6S-E

My house :(
>>
Santa Barbara CA reporting. Our oldest buildings are a Spanish mission and presidio, but I don't think there's anything to see there. The mountains nearby have some ruins called knapp's castle, pretty creepy but I've never heard any stories about it.
>>
>>18126644
I agree with you that Stockton is boring as fuck, but by no means is it a "small town"
>>
>>18126997
Everyone from Stockton thinks of it as a small town growing up.
>>
>>18126881
Yes it is
>>18126997
It's pretty small
Anyone know of any near by spooks? I heard peltier road in lodi is haunted, as well as the little cemetery in wood bridge. Also when I went there I had heard stories of Franklin high school being haunted as well, something about being an old insane asylum with an underground tunnel you could reach through the outside
>>
>>18121760
The spookiest thing that happens near me is when a dog barks at night.
>>
>>18126997
Go pick a fight with the Diaz brothers. Life will no longer be boring.
>>
Eastern european here, don't really know if spooky but it's the closest I can think of

I've heard stories that there was this old diner by a road that was known to serve the best goulash (basically sauce with chunks of meat in it) around, a few years later it turned out the owner was a serial killer and the secret ingredient of that goulash was human meat.
>>
>>18126988
Thought for sure this was going to be a fucking jump scare, but it turned out to just be a shit post.
>>
I grew up about 2 miles away from an old AT&T tv tower that was built in the 60s. The style of it always struck me as pretty strange because I've never seen any other towers that look like it. The tower and the general area looked like pic related. I had been to the base of the tower a few times throughout my life but never thought much of it. When I was in high school my grandpa told me for the first time that he actually worked on the project for when they built that back in the 60s (he was an iron worker), and that beneath the small building next to it is actually a massive, full scale 60s fallout shelter. It was pretty strange learning this and not knowing it was there the whole time.

Anyways, myself and about 5 other friends break into the place. Door was relatively sturdy but my friend kicked it in which was pretty impressive. At first it just appears you're in some old garage, but you walk down a flight of stairs and suddenly you can see that the place goes down like 5 floors. The entire place is mostly pitch black, but some rooms have safety lights on. So first thing you come upon is a massive metal door on mechanical hinges with a button next to it. When you push the button, I shit you not, loud alarms start to sound off and the door slowly opens up, straight out of a sci fi movie. The entire facility is massive, like 6 gymnasium sized rooms, rooms with huge generators and eletrical equipment, big machines lined with various gauges and switches etc., cafeteria, giant rec area, various living quarter type rooms. I would say the place is easily the size of a large indoor mall. I have videos of the place but no pics. Whole thing was creepy as fuck. Unlike other "spooky" places we had no reason to believe anyone had been down there in 30+ years.
>>
>>18126013
>The parents of tragic student David Plunkett, 21, who was found dead in Manchester Ship Canal in 2012, dismissed police claims their son’s death was an accident.

They say they heard "screaming and howling" in the last phone call he made before his death.

His father Michael said: "Something had terrified him. He was on the phone but our son could not speak to us. And that’s not because he was drunk."

Spooply-dooply-doo. Seroiusly though it is weird that there's such s large number. There have been a couple of authors cover the topic too- D. Paulides and Stephanie Hunt too, I think.
>>
>>18126051

Hells Gate sounds pretty spooky. Wonder if a cult is using it to lure people. They lock the gate so you have to go around the back which makes it easier for them to grab you.
>>
File: happy-ass-black-people.jpg (58KB, 628x353px) Image search: [Google]
happy-ass-black-people.jpg
58KB, 628x353px
here's a few spooks from my neighborhood
>>
>>18126051
What is Hell's Gate? Sounds spoopy... is it a cave? a stretch of road? a rock formation?
>>
File: IMG_7074.jpg (843KB, 3150x2265px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7074.jpg
843KB, 3150x2265px
California Bay Area reporting in. I'm from Oakland. I think everybody knows about Alcatraz, so I'll spare you that... there's another place I've been thinking about checking out called the Black Diamond Mines and the now abandoned, ghost town of Black Diamond.

Allegedly a woman named Mary once was a popular caretaker for many of the children in the area. One day, all the children came down with a mysterious illness and died. Mary was accused of witchcraft and hanged. Her spirit, called the "White Witch" is said to still haunt the mines.
>>
File: 1441723581620.jpg (16KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1441723581620.jpg
16KB, 480x480px
>>18127415
More like goul-ash, amirite?
>>
>>18126638
Some even have a variation where you're attacked by a goatman when you reach the center of the bridge to investigate iirc
>>
Central Oklahoma reporting in. We ain't got shit.

Unless you want to count FrightFest at Frontier City. So far as I know that's it.
>>
I used to live right down the street from the culinary college in North Miami. It used to be a hospital before the school renovated the main building into a proper school, but they sold the other building to the city to be used as a place for firefighters and police to do drills. The only way to get into the building was to prop a ladder up against the second story fire escape and unlock the door there. Every other entrance was boarded up, and every time some poor homeless guy tried to break in, the cops would be there in minutes.

I used to ride my bike past that boarded up building well after dark and I swear to you as I'm sitting here, I heard things that couldn't possibly exist in there.
>>
>>18127310
Courtland.. you wanna see some strange things wait outside the courthouse just after midnight on the first Friday of the month.

Stay out of sight and you should be fine.
>>
>>18129348
Elaborate?
>>
>>18129371
If I told you, then you wouldn't bother going to check it out for yourself would ya?

It's a long story, I'll give you the basics, if the thread is here tomorrow I'll fully elaborate.

I saw something happen out there, shocking stuff. The whole town is like a big cult, no cops out there, you're basically out in the middle of no where, they can get away with anything. Trust me, just take a day trip, and you'll get the vibe I mean. It isn't a welcoming place for anyone. When its late you'll find no one drives the highways, and I advise you don't stop for anyone other than a cop, and get to a well lit area before/if you do.
>>
>>18129417
Well fuck, man. I don't think I'd want to check that out.

Sounds like a terrifying thing to experience. I like reading and watching things to freak myself out but an actual experience like that...not for me.
>>
Upstate NY checking in, not much spooky shit up here but there is an abandoned asylum in the city near me, local rumor has it that it was the first to do electroshock therapy. I can try to find pictures if anyone would like
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 300x200px
Blackstar Canyon in OC, CA. It has quite the reputation, but when I went there all I found were a bunch of scorpions and some animals rustling around the brush. Allegedly an Indian massacre took place there but it seems like nothing but a bunch of folklore.
I do have some recording equipment I could try out. Is trying to contact dead people (especially at a possible mass killing site) as bad of an idea as people say? I do have a Ouija board, maybe it will provoke something to expose itself. Worth a shot?
>>
>>18129437
Samefag, not surprised there's clandestine happenings in a town of ~355.

Still nope.
>>
>>18129417

I hate vague posts like these. give us the details!
>>
>>18129417
Damn son that sounds spooky. I love those little towns too, any other stuff? Maybe something in the lodi/galt area?
>>
>>18129520
Driving past all the KKK shanty towns in Blackstar just to get to the dead end valley is fear enough.
>>
I'm from the northwest Alabama theres a place called henry hill like the "turn ur car off and wait" thing i saw posted earlier when u turn it off and put her in neutral ur car will start to roll up the hill. Guy named henry died up there or something from getting ran over trying to push his car off the road. It's all been debunked tho, it has to do with how the earth sits on the road, it ever so slightly has a dip in the "hill" and forms an optical illusion that it's going uphill when in reality its not. So the whole turn ur car off and wait thing must be regional to north AL/TN
>>
>>18121760
Skinwalker ranch utah... pretty much a gateway to hell and paranormal... nobody can explain this shit..
>>
>>18129938
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinwalker_Ranch
>>
Lots of southerners in here huh..
I'm from the shoals area
>>
Southern Ontario, Canada. GTAH area.

On mobile so too lazy to gt.

There's an attraction around where I live, just about an hour's drive north into the country.

They call it haunted hill/magnetic hill

If you sit in your car at the bottom of this slightly hilly road and put your car into neutral, you'll be pushed backwards up the hill.

Legend has it, a bus full of children was caught in a storm and crashed off the side of the road, killing everyone.

Now, if you put baby powder on the hood of your car before putting it into neutral, once you're at there top of the hill, there will be a few sets of smash handprints on your hood.

What actually happened was that storm I mentioned, lightning struck the road and magnetized the road.

Still really fun to gt and check out.
>>
>>18129951
https://youtu.be/_L60hdB7wfo

Here's a video of it if you're curious.
>>
Wow they even have one in canada... pretty wild. Its a phenomenon for sure
>>
>>18129984
Loads here brother
>>
>>18123496
Every city has a variation on the cry baby bridge. I went to my local bridge in Moore, Oklahoma in high school and was chased through 3 counties by a redneck in a huge truck with a rifle in his lap. Got a much more sobering scare than I bargained for. Parallel forest in OK is pretty spooky as well.
>>
In Minnesota near Apple Valley??? I kind of forget where exactly...

>I went to a cemetery that was abandoned children's graves and unmarked children's graves. >Walked through a forest in the middle of the day to the end of the path.
>On the way out, I spot a small wooded shack that is demolished.
>Only part of the roof and one or two of the walls are thrown everywhere
>Lift up a piece of the roof and see children's bones, bleached white, but with some ochre, dirt and dust left over
>Hear a child cry and run through the forest
>Re-bury the bones and say "I'm sorry, I didn't know, but I thought I would look."
>hear foot steps in the small area as I am leaving the trail all around me
>Get the fuck out of there and get to the unmarked gravestones...
>They are headstones with children's names.
>many are just babies that died
>There is a friar that took care of them, supposedly, but we didn't find his stones
>There is an apartment being built near by and it is called spirit mound.. I shit you not
>>
>>18128478
Greetings, fellow OKCfag! Parallel forest is spooky but kinda far. Guthrie has an abandoned hospital. Off Anderson road east of Moore there is a supposedly haunted house. Behind my old neighborhood growing up in Moore were some spooky
woods that had an old abandoned house. Went there as a kid and I'm convinced I experienced some shit. Anyway, OKC has some stuff, but its mostly on the outskirts or farther.
>>
>>18127982
It's a set of iron gates in the woods up on the mountain, and the area surrounding them. It's off this long road that winds through the hills. Pretty spooky at night
>>
>>18127460
Post the videos? That sounds incredibly interesting
>>
>>18123599
I live in Jackson, TN too. Might have to try this sometime!
>>
>>18123615
Damn, that's pretty creepy. didn't know there were so many hauntings in my area, thanks for sharing.
>>
>>18123616

I remember some years back a friend of mine and his wife who he'd just married had a Boleskine experience & would tell the story to people for years afterwards.

I can't remember the full details of the story, but basically they were going along the B852 (I think) one evening. They had their windows wound half-ways down.

As they passed the area of the Boleskine house, they both felt a sensation that somebody was sitting behind them. My friend then felt the sensation of someone kicking his seat from the back, and he then felt a sharp pain in his chest.

I think the next part of the story was that he was so startled by it that he temporarily lost control of the steering and they screeched around in a circle before he got his wits back and managed to come to a sharp halt. He then managed to gain some composure enough to park to the side of the road.

It's a miracle they didn't have a bad crash. Anyway, the wife said she heard a giggle after they had parked. Only she said she heard it, while he said he didn't hear anything. He just said he kept having the pain in his chest, and they could both still the presence behind them in that car. They started praying out loud as they sped off. Once they were completely away from the area of the Boleskine property, they felt the presence leave the car and his chest pain went away. Needless to say, they rolled their windows right up.

At their hotel pub that night they told their story to the locals. Turns out the locals have said for many years to never have your windows wound down in the car while passing by that property. My friend and his wife insisted they didn't know ANYTHING at all about the Boleskine house or the lore attached to it before their experience, so if that could be believed, I think their experience was a very real one.

There might have been other details but I can't remember more than that. Haven't spoken to either one for many years now.
>>
The fenlands in east anglia (UK) have a long and dark history and association with the paranormal. We have infamous ghosts and strange creatures as well as murder conspiracies and many others
>>
Any spoops in big bear besides the ufos?
>>
>>18123496
I think every state has its own variation of crybaby bridge we live in Kentucky but we used to have to go across the state line into West Virgina and pick my dad up from work at the coal mines in Logan. The bridge in question is past a rail road crossing you stop on the bridge put your car in neutral and a bus full of dead children will push your car over the real road crossing and you'll have child sized hand prints on your car
>>
>>18130019
Normanfag reporting in, where's this bridge at?
>>
File: cevapi.jpg (43KB, 645x360px) Image search: [Google]
cevapi.jpg
43KB, 645x360px
>>18127415
South east euro here. Not really spooky, but we had a guy who took stray dogs and turned them into pic related and sold them in his diner.
>>
>>18127460
post videos please
>>
Noblesville, IN. anyone know anything interesting there? ive gone everywhere and nothings scary.
>>
>>18131497
Food looks fucking delicious. Poor puppers though.
>>
>>18131497

That explains my terrible experience with cevapcici in Sarajevo (~2010 if that matters). I have a list of five or so meals that I have had to leave unfinished in my life, and this was one of them.
>>
>>18121850
Do you live in Texarkana? Fouke is just a few minutes from where I live. I'm sure you're aware the Fouke Monster was created to scare off black people.
>>
Rural Southeast Kansas. Closest town is from Victorian era. Only know stories that people here believe.
>>
Pic Related, Saint Augustine Lighthouse
>My City claims to be one of the top 10 most haunted cities in America
>used to tell stories on the playground (about a mile away from the lighthouse) about the ghosts of the people who jumped off.
>also the local fort had a bunch of stories, but no one really cared about that.
>grow up to disregard all ghost stories because I never saw shit
>probably had one good, local spook as a youngin' in my 19 years of living there.
>go out of town for a week at some friend's house in daytona
>really old piece of property that she says is on a vortex.
>Have a solid 3 spooks in 6 days.
Why is Saint Augustine so boring and dead?
>>
File: SaintAugustineLighthouse.jpg (136KB, 1151x967px) Image search: [Google]
SaintAugustineLighthouse.jpg
136KB, 1151x967px
>>18133176
Crapola Forgot the Fukkin image
>>
Loganville, Georgia reporting in.
There's a few around here that are spooky. There's Jack Pitman road which has an old slave hanging tree that used to, around 10 years, still have the ropes hanging from the tree. The entire property burned down mostly, but that tree just got blackened. Anyways, you're supposed to drive out there at night and turn off all your lights. The longer you sit the more eerie the situation becomes, you sometimes see things moving near the tree in the field and occasional hear stuff moaning near the tree and burnt down barn.

Theres also a graveyard in Good Hope near here that my aunt and uncle went to on a date. It seems to be storming over that cemetery more often than not. The clouds will just roll through the graveyard making everything dark. So, my aunt and uncle are out there on a date and see one of these clouds rolling in and decide to nope the fuck out of there. As they're starting the car and trying to drive they feel like last they're stuck in mud as the tires are just spinning. They eventually get the car to move and feel like something is scraping the trunk. When they got home they looked at the rear end of the car and there were ten large scraped taken out of the paint as if it something was dragging it's nails along it when they left. Scared the shit out of them and they took pictures. Sometime later, maybe 5 years, they were talking to some friends about to and showed them the pictures. Their friends ended up going ghost white as they had the same experience and had taken pictures as well. Never been there myself for long enough to experience it, but seeing them that scared about it still bothers me.
>>
>>18133613
Pics?
>>
>>18133619
I'll have to get them from my aunt and uncle next time I'm over that way, but I'll save my post and upload it with them when I get them.
>>
If you don't know of any in your area this is a site I've been posting here for about a decade, pretty decent list by state/country.

http://theshadowlands.net/places/
>>
File: 1471119595757.gif (651KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1471119595757.gif
651KB, 500x373px
Any Coloradobros here? Lived here my while life and have never heard of many spoopy places besides a bridge out past Aurora where you can supposedly hear native American drums at night if you sit quietly.

Doesn't seem to be many western US stories here besides ones from Cali
>>
>>18133665
Colofag native here. Lots of spoopy places. What are you looking for? Ghosts, cryptids, witches (which my family had lots of stories about), or what?
>>
>>18133697
Anything really. Currently in the Denver area but I'm not opposed to traveling anywhere in the state
>>
>>18133710
lots of scary paranormal/ghost shit all over. Check out Cheeseman park at night (if you don't get run out). Used to be a graveyard and then the city wanted a park so they started moving the bodies out. The jews paid for all of theirs to get moved but the poorer christians, protestants and others were moved by some shyster bastard that split bones up into multiple coffins so he could get more money for moving more coffins. Still a bunch of people buried under the park and lots of ghost sightings
>>
I work for the Denver Museum on occasion and have 24hr access to a lot of the collections and there is so much weird shit there I can't even begin. Problem is they won't let you in at night unless you go to one of their 'science on tap' or whatever it's called.
>>
if you are serious about ghost shit, I've been on a few investigations with a guy out of loveland (think he's trying to be out of estes park now) that has a ton of equipment and gets good results. we did the Rialto theater in loveland and got at least 5 good evps. Some old black dude who ran the projector died in the booth in the 70's(?) and it is creepy as fuck. If you got kik I can give you more cool shit to check out
>>
>>18130103
WHATTTT?! small world Anon! I wonder if I know you lol.

I was talking with one of my employees about the bridge. He's an older fellow but he said when he was young he went there with some friends and they all got spooped. This guy is normally a tuff guy so he may have been telling the truth or just fucking with me to get me all scared.

I legit think the Dollhouse grave in Medina is a real spoop. There are way too many people freaked out by it, nothing malicious tho. Just seems super eerie.
>>
File: 271069.jpg (8KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
271069.jpg
8KB, 200x300px
>>18123512
>-Old mental hospital that's pretty scary but mostly because of hobos
>-longstreet theater at USC, supposedly used as a civil war hospital. Had a lot of fun exploring that when I was a freshman
Columbia SC here too
>MFW Bull Street is now gone
Longstreet Theater wasn't used as a hospital.
>>
Cleveland TN, what are some good spooks around here?
>>
I live in gahanna oh, our highschool is supposedly haunted by two children, one who is an old basket ball player who died of an asthma attack after a game and people have apparently seen his spirit wandering around the locker room hallway during and after home games, the other is a spirit of a student who apparently drowned in our schools under ground pool that's now part of a fall out shelter, we now go down there when we have tornado drills and supposedly you can hear the sound of splashing water down there but I've never heard or seen anything
>>
File: oldaltonbridge.jpg (238KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
oldaltonbridge.jpg
238KB, 800x600px
Live in DFW, TX

A place called Goatman's Bridge where a half-man, half-goat thing or a woman searching for her babywill turn up at night. Haven't visited yet but might in the near future just from creeps.

Otherwise, just a bunch of hotels I wouldn't want to pay to stay the night in (like the Adolphus)
>>
>>18133176
There's more stuff in St. Aug than just the light house, fag. I bet you didn't even try.
>>
North VA checking in with the first and probably one of the more popular spots that I could think of. Too lazy to type so you get a link
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_Man
>>
>>18137871
I've been there. The Goatman's abandoned house is less than a mile from the bridge, but it burned down.
>>
Devils pit in Lithuania is pretty spoopy at night, strange vibes, plus once while with my familly i managed to capture a strange picture near the place, which I dont know if someone just moved fast or something, but it seems as if some hand is reaching for one of the kids, but is partialy transparent
>>
>>18138063
I've heard there's a lot of weird shit up in Alexandria. Tidewater here.
>>
Germany has shit for spooks because everything is so densely populated, even the more rural parts you can barely drive for ten minutes without passing some villages and shit.

My hometown did have a ghost-scare in the 80's though, in the end everything was fake sadly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chopper_(ghost)

Rural Bavaria has some more general stuff like the wild hunt: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Hunt and some villages near here have stuff like haunted old mills or castle-ruins.
>>
Near me is an old mental hospital that shut down awhile back. Lotta folks claim it's haunted (pretty cliche, i think they just say this because muh abandoned asylums ). Never been there myself, mostly a hang out for the occaisional drug user and horny teens straight out of a B horror movie wanting to fuck in spooky spots.
>>
>>18138097
Is it spooky or not worth it? The main reason I ahven't been is that I hardly want to drive out to fucking Denton
>>
I don't think there's anything in Long Island
>>
Anything in Tasmania, Australia?
>>
>>18126071
There's plenty of spoops in Decatur. I've heard ghost stories involving just about every building on Bank Street. The Old State Bank, Bank Street Hospital and Simp McGhees restaurant in particular.

Decatur High was supposedly built on an Indian burial ground. Just about every teacher that ever worked there has a story to tell. I've heard the one about the floor tiles standing on end during the night from several different people.
>>
>>18126098
Looks like she's missing a chromosome.
>>
"Thirteen Steps to Hell"
Maltby, WA
Some wealthy satanist built a family tomb in the local cemetery. Thirteen steps down led to the entrance. The further down the steps you go, the more light headed you feel. Most people chicken out and leave, but if you make it to the bottom, when you turn around you see a vision of hell. In the tomb there's a chair if you sit in it you sell your soul to satan. Cemetery eventually just sealed the tomb with concrete. I went there at night and sat on the slab. Saw a black apparition follow me home.
>>
>>18126000
Spoopy trips
>>
I've lived in many places in Australia and one, about a half hours drive away from a "new" estate back when, had dozens of large fields from when folk used to farm shit out there, surrounded by creeks and forests and the like.

A friend and I decided to check out a few old shacks nearby one night, decrepit things untouched for a few decades at minimum, used for sheep shearing, storing farming supplies, etc.

We only had a shitty torch each and in our exploration found a few oddities like a Coca-Cola bottle that expired before either of us were born that had turned into a tar-like sludge, rusted cutlery that retained their edge enough to slice through the cacti surrounded the shacks and other miscellaneous BS.

Just as we were getting bored of the shacks, we walked into what we told each other was the last one.
Cont.
>>
>>18139148
Mine's in Vic.

>>18139510
Looking around, everything was pretty similar to the others, but once we popped round the fence thing inside, we saw musky, white fur laying about, mushed together with newspapers and leaves.
Unsure of what it was, my friend and I took a closer inspection and we nearly shat ourselves.

It was a nest.
Not for chickens, not for a dog, but something much larger.
Neither of us would admit it, but we were both thoroughly spooked before entering the final shack.

Once we'd identified it as a nest, we piss-bolted so fucking far and fast that we were over an hours walk from home because we'd gone in the opposite direction.
Once we'd managed to calm down, we started discussing what we'd seen and it wasn't the realisation that we found a nest of some monster, but that we'd heard some fucked up moaning/howling nearby.

It's been a decade or two since then, but it's stuck fresh with me all these years.
>>
>>18139476

For real? what did the apparition look like?
>>
Any Portland, OR spooks?

Been looking into the Shanghai tunnels but don't feel like getting shived and raped by hobos.
>>
In Brokind, Sweden, there's the ghost of Barbro Påle, "Barbro Stake", which is buried in the nearby lake since she destroyed all the windows in the churches they buried her in. It's said that she can be seen dancing with the Devil at night in what used to be her mansion. She was also staked through her heart before having her casket pushed into the lake. Apparently, when she was alive, she was cruel her servants, drowning them etc
>>
>>18129520
lived in OC my whole life and heard lots of shit about Blackstar. I've had a bunch of friends got here over the years. The most common thing I hear is locals coming out and pretty sternly telling them to fuck off, sometimes with rifles/floodlights/bull horns. I've hiked around Santiago Canyon and Mt. Saddleback, but never into Blackstar.
>>
>>18129951

Oh my god you're fucking retarded
>>
Bump for the guy from yesterday with a story about the courthouse after midnight in Stockton.
>>
>>18140480
Wow, rude
>>
>>18139639
sorry I don't speak arabic
>>
>>18140509
But you seem fluid in faggot
>>
>>18123512
Railway track near where I live that does the same. Spooky until you look it up, there's some decent science explanation but I can't remember it. Magnets?
>>
>>18130185
I have to check it out.

Cool stuff anon
>>
Wow, lots of Bama folks here. I'm in Birmingham myself. Pretty much all the historic high rises in Northside are supposedly haunted. Everyone's heard about the Alabama Theatre and Linn Henley library I figure but I met the foreman working on renovating the Empire building and other big buildings around first Ave and he shared a ton of ghost stories with me from his own experience living and working in the vacant buildings,

Down in Prattville there's also bear creek swamp, which is supposed to be outrageously haunted. Orbs, phantom cars, soldiers and natives from the creek war, all kinds of shit. The sheriff also found hundreds of dolls stuck to trees or something down there, there's a news article with pictures if you look it up.
>>
File: NeedSupplyCo_HolyLand-1.jpg (927KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
NeedSupplyCo_HolyLand-1.jpg
927KB, 1200x800px
>>18121760
I've already posted this in some other thread, but here goes again.

I live about ten minutes from Waterbury, Connecticut, where there's an abandoned Christian "amusement park" called Holy Land. A giant glowing cross at its center lights up every night and can be seen from most parts of the city, but the rest of the park itself has been abandoned since the eighties and has become a rotting shell of vandalized religious artifacts that have been taken over by nature.

Six or so years ago, a high school girl was raped and murdered beneath that cross, so obviously there's rumours that the site is haunted. While it's listed as "permanently condemned," the mayor of the city apparently wants to start a big, expensive campaign to restore it, despite the fact that it's surrounded by ghettos. For the time being, it's apparently a popular spot for heroin addicts.

I sort of wanted to visit it with a friend and take some photos, and possibly make a thread on it, but there's definitely some risk involved with that idea.
>>
>>18138548
It's definitely worth the trip man. Really creepy trail by the bridge too.
>>
There's an abandoned rock quarry a few miles away from my house that we used to sneak into. If you go around the back deep into the woods there's a hole about 5 yards across that must go down at least 100 feet. Haven't been back there in forever but we used to scare each other talking about how a serial killer could dump bodies back there.
>>
File: 3829479259832.jpg (142KB, 2584x1160px) Image search: [Google]
3829479259832.jpg
142KB, 2584x1160px
>>18141099
Shit that looks just like the village in Spirited Away
>>
>>18126013
THEY CAWL ME THA FAGPUSHA, MATE.
>>
>>18129417
this is just the plot of every HollyJew SMALL TOWNERS ARE ALL HORRIBLE PEOPLE horror movie.
>>
>>18126527
I'm from Haines City myself. Spook Hill never even remotely spooked me growing up. I lived in Polk County my entire life and have never seen or heard of anything else remotely creepy in the area =( but if you know of anything else I'd love to hear about it!
>>
Last Saturday I did shrooms with some friends on the beach. There's an old police quarter, long abandoned. Its floor is covered in weird symbols and texts. It's also filled with satanic symbols and there's an altar to a girl that died a few years ago. Surprisingly I wasn't spooked at all, given the psychedelic conditions we were in.
>>
>>18129417
>>18129417
Bumping for Stockton spoops
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.