[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell was Keel thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: purple-ufo.jpg (9KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
purple-ufo.jpg
9KB, 320x213px
From Operation Trojan Horse:
>I have in my files hundreds of cases, some of which have now been investigated by qualified psychiatrists, in which young men and women obsessed with the UFO phenomenon have suffered frightening visits from these apparitions, been followed by mysterious black Cadillacs which appeared and disappeared suddenly, and have been terrified into giving up their pursuit of the UFOs. Many contactees report similar experiences.
>The phenomenon is reflective; the more frightened the victim be comes, the more the manifestations are escalated.
>Dabbling with UFOs can as dangerous as dabbling with black magic. The phenomenon preys upon the neurotic, the gullible and the immature. Paranoid-schizophrenia, demonomania and even suicide can result-and has resulted in a number of cases. A mild curiosity about UFOs can turn into a destructive obsession. For this reason, I strongly recommend that parents forbid their children from becoming involved.>Schoolteachers and other adults should not encourage teen-agers to take an interest in the subject.

I’ve been becoming more interested in UFOs more than I had since I was little, but I don’t want to invite entities into my bedroom at night because of this. Where does one draw the line?
>>
>>18120781
No, this is to stop people investigating.
As soon as you start getting closer than they'd like, they come and make you stop.

They allow a few more popular speakers continue their investigations, but only because the speakers are public figures so they tag and chip them.

Keep watching the skies, anon.
>>
File: 1473359595420.jpg (19KB, 501x485px) Image search: [Google]
1473359595420.jpg
19KB, 501x485px
>>18121002
Makes me feel better, man.
>>
>>18121037
Sorry, but that's just how it is.
You get used to the vans after a month or so.
>>
>>18121039
I don't mind vans, I just don't want motherfuckers in my house at night.
>>
>>18121044
Even if it's not something you're into, make a youtube or a blog or some bullshit.
As long as you have a noticeable online presence, you should be fine.
At least, that's what made them leave me alone.

I see one of them in the street now and then and they know I do, I think it's intentional, but the vans have stopped and no one's come inside.
>>
>>18121055
Hmm, you 'd think it would be the opposite.

I was thinking about starting a UFO watching club once I found there have been a lot of sightings in my area.
>>
>>18121065
Sounds like a good idea.
Even better to let people that are interested that if you don't keep going on as usual that there's something off.

It's why I sleep during the day.
If my roommate sees me up and about all day, he'll know something's off.
>>
This whole thread...

Guys, seek help ASAP. You are sick in the head.
>>
>>18121074
Why do you say that?

I know that's what you folk try and make me think, but I'm not stupid.
I DO see you when you do what you do.
>>
>>18121069
>sleep during the day
Man I wish I could do that.

>>18121074
Be comfortable in your ignorance.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 500x306px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 500x306px
>>18121074
>>
The Ethereal Dimension wants you stupefied. You think UFOs are real? Good. Keeps you from finding the truth.
>>
>>18121085
I made it happen, working at night means low traffic, you can get a lot of work done on other things if you've got computer access and, provided you live with someone, can ensure that someone in the house is always awake which is practical against home invasions from regular criminals, them and those.
It's good stuff, but your social life would probably suffer to some extent.
>>
>>18121111
I cannot currently work at night with my career, though maybe in the future I could. Most of my friends are nocturnal anyway.
>>
>>18121148
I gave up any hope of a career, but knowing more of what's out there and living a modest life is all I could ever ask for.
>>
>>18120781
I love it how there is a red circle in ops pic related in case you would miss it
>>
>>18121182
I mean someone might accidentally think it was swamp gas otherwise.
>>
>>18121207
Or a weather balloon.
>>
>>18121074
hey whatever man, they have a nice hobby thats not hurting anyone. leave them alone.
>>
Bump. Home and gonna take a walk in an hour. Hope I don't see anything too spoopy when I look up.
>>
>>18121868
>not eagerly awaiting your next sighting as there's only ever a few in a lifetime
>>
I think it pays to study alien abductions in the context of mind control.

http://philipcoppens.com/gulfbreeze6.html

The Gulf Breeze Six

On July 9, 1990, six US military intelligence analysts from the 701st Military Intelligence Brigade at Augsburg, West Germany, at that time the biggest NSA (National Security Agency) listening post in the world outside the United States, deserted their posts, somehow convinced that the end of the world was nigh. It is one of the most extra-ordinary stories…
>>
File: 1386920459353.png (13KB, 426x364px) Image search: [Google]
1386920459353.png
13KB, 426x364px
>>18121948
I'm very tired tonight, I actually want to get some rest instead of being spooped and paranoid.

And all is well, in that regard. No UFOs. No orbs or suspicious objects of any kind. The caretakers of the various cemeteries involved report that no ghosts walk.

Actually, looking at the sightings reported in my area, there has apparently been a triangular object spotted and reported both last month and the month before that, both on a Tuesday.

>>18121973
I'm tired, so I stopped at the author's lengthy explanations, but I don't buy the Jesus gene shit. I think those niggas crazy.
>>
Bump from the dead.
Tonight is the night the triangular craft is supposed to stalk my town, anons.
>>
>followed by cadillac
Only in USA. In europe people should notice a cadillac and take pictures of it. It's extremely rare. Maybe here aliens drive a sort of bmw or mercedes. Or maybe a smart. I can really imagine three green things fined by a fat policeman because they are 3 on a smart.
>>
>>18123430
They're not aliens.
>>
>>18121973
Okay, settled down and read this. What the fuck. Not what I expected.

Military and Others play the same game.
>>
>>18123430
They drive Ford Falcons here in Australia, but they're not lmaos.
>>
I've had a few suspect experiences, seen a few strange things, I've gone into the field to search, and I've even recently been to a MUFON meeting. Nothing terrifying has shown up at my door yet. Granted, several years ago I was grabbed by a shadow during sleep paralysis, but I've also simply been a sufferer of sleep paralysis since my early teens. I suppose I was nearly run down by an all black car with fully opaque windows the other week, but I attribute that to ordinary human selfishness.

I am very glad that my roommate stays up to all hours of the night though. I'm trying to identify an active "window" in my state to visit, but it's fucking hard with how dodgy information is these days. Even the MUFON guys seem little interested in hunting out such an area rather than recording reports of the past.
>>
>>18123620
>grabbed by a shadow in sleep paralysis
See, this is the shit that disturbs me the most. Bedroom invasions. But a pretty typical occurrence during sleep paralysis.
>>
>>18123695
Yeah, since I've taken a more active interest in the Fortean in the past year I've started having trouble sleeping. I hate to close my eyes at night for fear that something extra will be there when I open them again, or that I might not see coming some silent wraith.

As far as how deep is too deep, who knows. Once you get through The Eighth Tower, Keel makes pretty clear that no one is safe, anywhere or anywhen. A bolt from the blue can mindrape you at any time, or a figure might walk in through the wall and walk out with you in tow. Some people have reported becoming entrapped by the phenomenon simply by reading about it, but there are also Ufologists scrambling around the fields for years who have never even seen an anomalous light. Some families live their entire lives seeing fireballs on the horizon and others pass through once on the backroad yet are harassed by extraordinary events. I've seen several impossible events, but I've heard no voices nor spied any creature.
>>
>>18123720
What gets me more is closing my eyes at all, when something could approach or loom over me without my knowing. Maybe I don't want to read The Eighth Tower. Then again, I've already seen people (can't remember if here or on Amazon reviews) say Keel jumped the shark with that one, and has no really god basis for his substantial claims, which go way beyond his usual theorizing. Even in Trojan Horse, I'm having issue with some of the leaps he's making (UFOs appear most on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, so that is clearly evidence of an intelligent plan). I think it is highly likely we are truly insignificant and most entities are purely indifferent to us. At worse, a cruel being with a mean streak. But no giant conspiracy around us, no Lovecraftian backstory to our existence. I hope I'm not wrong.

I also think there are people who are more susceptible to these happenings than others. Keel even said, the phenomenon preys on the immature, the mentally ill, etc. It seems people who deal with this have dealt with it all their lives, regardless of whether they are knowledgeable of UFOs or occult.
>>
>>18123784
>I hope I'm not wrong.
I think you're half-right. Keel is actually pretty non-committal on the "intelligence" behind the phenomenon, but there are others like Vallee who said fullbore that humans are the playthings of somethings greater. Keel gets a lot of flak because people read him too seriously. He's the Hunter S. Thompson of Forteana, with men in black and alien overlords instead of politicians and radiation instead of drugs. Most of his wild speculation is thrown in there just to give dumb people a picture of what the possibilities could even look like. Everything he states with any sort of certainty is backed by cross-referencing his case files. Where possible, he cites credible witnesses or official reports and includes mentions of physical trace evidence.

I think the ultimate conclusion underlying Keel's work is that he never figured out what that intelligence was, if it truly existed at all. He mentions a few times the possibility that we only see a pattern of intelligence because of our predilection for such a search. I wouldn't be surprised if that is actually close to the truth in a different way. If the paranormal is nothing more than the psychic noise of the universe, it would make sense that it forms a gestalt intelligence mirroring the collective consciousness. When you look at the esoteric and the quantum, everything seems to point back to consciousness, the observer, as the linchpin.

In any case, it does seem that some people experience it all quite a bit more intensely and some people not at all. Keel and Vallee both toss out that 1/3rds estimate as for the population of those highly attuned to the superspectrum.
>>
>>18123912
Perhaps I'm not misreading Keel's tone, but Hunter S. Thompson of Forteana definitely helps. Although like I said, his statement about the Wednesday pattern being linked to intelligence definitely was stated very very certainly but doesn't have much to back that up.

I would lean towards the psychic noise angle, with the possibility for intelligence in some places. I don't believe every strange being necessarily has the same source.
>>
>>18124019
Perhaps I am misreading, I mean.
>>
>>18124019
If it were a random distribution there would be no reason for reports to adhere to a Wednesday pattern. If the data truly does support such a pattern, there must be a cause. It is certainly one of the little things which points toward intelligence, the same as the seeming omniscience of the Men in Black and phantom callers in regards to personal details.

Keel is definitely a bit biased though. Unless you chalk it all up to gonzo fiction, he spent a year chasing shadows and being chased by The Shadow. He either made it up, had a bout of schizophrenia, or was gangstalked by devious spirits. And he still comes down on it more ambiguously than Vallee, who asserted that there are beings out there who view Earth as a farm or zoo.
>>
>>18124305
There definitely is a day pattern, as I'm discovering for myself, putting together a list of reported sightings in my area. But I think it could be chalked up to a natural Earth pattern, whereas Keel explicitly says "this is proof there is intelligence behind it," which is hogwash. However, he also described seeing faint blobs in the sky that would dart and dodge out of the way of his flashlight beam, very intelligently.

He is an interesting man. I've known of him as a kid because of Mothman Prophecies, but never knew much about him.
>>
File: the-mothman-prophecies.jpg (55KB, 630x418px) Image search: [Google]
the-mothman-prophecies.jpg
55KB, 630x418px
Bump because I ended up watching The Mothman Prophecies (I remember one anon was interested in seeing it again also but that thread got deleted) and boy, did it improve as I got older. Not necessarily scary, and it has a few groaners, but it is way more faithful to Keel's theories than I remember, and it's an extremely intelligent film.

It also nearly eliminated my fear. Perhaps catharsis? I also had other things on my mind last night for a change.

Also I'm still compiling that list of sightings in my area. It is an interesting and alarming process so far. Will make a thread when that's done.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.