[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: After_Life_8.jpg (473KB, 1620x1096px) Image search: [Google]
After_Life_8.jpg
473KB, 1620x1096px
Convince me there is an after life, no matter what shape or form or belief involved. Lately I've started to feel that there is nothing after death. Just end of conscience and our existence as we know it. Then eternal nothingness. Do you have any reasons or evidence to believe otherwise?
>>
>>18120671
Well, you're afraid I guess? To be punished, maybe? Maybe it's because of something you did which you regret? Regardless of the reason, some things aren't meant to be known.

It's natural to fear the unknown that is after we die, but perhaps, you shouldn't look for answers anymore, and instead, enjoy life as it is.
>>
Where do threads go when they die?
>>
>>18121670
/b/
>>
Well if time is infinite then somehow someday we have to be revived
>>
Well if time is infinite then somehow someday we have to be revived.
>>
File: 1473723830414.jpg (81KB, 610x459px) Image search: [Google]
1473723830414.jpg
81KB, 610x459px
>>18121691
>>18121695
> Well if time is infinite then somehow someday we have to be revived.

Well if time is infinite then somehow someday we have to be revived.
>>
>>18121691
>>18121695
>>18121704
Well if time is infinite then somehow someday we have to be revived
>>
>>18121742
>>18121704
>>18121695
>>18121691
I think you're right but if time is infinite then somehow someday we have to be revived.
>>
There is. If you stay in material world you are award or punished with a stay in the heavenly or hellish planets. Eventually you will return to this earth planet and take either human or animal form. As a human our lives are precious as the human form is the only way to reach the spiritual sky where there is no birth or death eternally with our loving friend Lord Krsna.

You are the spirit soul remember that it cannot be killed. You are immortal.

Hare Krsna. Please chant the mahamantra at least once. Remember Krishna at time of death. He will love and protect you.
>>
>>18120671

Nothingness is an abstract concept. Where there is nothing, there is something. Is your bathtub empty? There is nothing (no water), but there is something (air).

Likewise, you cannot experience nothing. When you are knocked out, like in anesthesia, that is an experience because you exist before and after it. You recall that you experienced nothing; however, when you realize it, you realize that you experienced something, you experienced a jump in time.

You can't know when you are dead because to be dead means no longer knowing, and it is illogical to say that you will know when you can't know any longer

Logic is the fundamental rule of the universe, something even higher than physics and math. Logic deals with existence itself.

Logically, to experience nothingness is to experience something (nothingness). However, "nothingness" itself is the opposite of "somethingness"

The only "thing" that can be nothing is nothingness itself. Nothingness is nothing; it does not exist because something always exists.
>>
>>18120671
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuKB0_t3J0A
>>
Anyone trying to cling desperately to an afterlife is simply following their living programming that tells us to avoid death at all costs. That's all it is. You're afraid of death and nothingness because of a programming quirk. But if you're dead, guess what, the quirk will disappear as well.

You will feel nothing and become part of the great neutrality. You will be free for the first time, no longer bounded by the laws of the universe and your own genetic programming. Why be afraid? That sounds amazing to me.
>>
>>18122005

> You will be free

No you won't, you won't exist anymore, according to you. And free from what, the universe? Where do you go if you are free?

And how do you "feel nothing"? That's what I don't understand. It makes no sense

I'm not trying to say I have answers, but rather, why I exclude nothingness. Technically, I do have /some/ sort of answer by dismissing nothingness, but I don't really know what alternative to nothingness is there
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.