[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cults that still exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 25

What are some modern day cults that creep you out? inb4 illuminati
>>
File: 1472144281135.jpg (74KB, 600x705px) Image search: [Google]
1472144281135.jpg
74KB, 600x705px
Are monastic orders considered cults?
>>
The mormons. Freemasonry galore in that hellish religion.
>>
Scientology should be an obvious one.
The creepy Turkish Muslim Barbie doll one too.
>>
My favorite cult. And more American than apple pie I think you'll find ;).
>>
I think March Against Monsanto is a cult
>>
by definition gov't workers are a cult
>>
Islam
>>
>>18118667
What is that from?
>>
>>18118667
Neo-communists make me c r i n g e
>>
The mormon polygamist cults are creepy af
>>
Yellow Deli
>>
minecraft
>>
File: For-Today.jpg (94KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
For-Today.jpg
94KB, 960x640px
Jesus People USA because they got away with it and are still getting away with it and nobody cares.

Church on the Rock, not that creepy but again, nobody cares and thinks they're just fine and you're a bad person if you say anything bad about them.

Those oldschool Mormons who, once again, nobody cares about and just lets them do whatever they want.

ISIS
>>
File: cicada.jpg (30KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
cicada.jpg
30KB, 620x465px
Cicada 3301
>>
>>18118648
There is absolutely nothing weird about Mormons - unless you're thinking about FLDS which is totally different and every member of the Mormon church despises them (and rightfully so)
>>
>>18118955
This. The fact that nobody fucking knows creeps me out.
>>
>>
Church on the rock seems fine to me
>>
>>18119035
for
>>18118928
>>
Christianity is one of the largest death cults in the world. They see this life as a mere stepping stone to the real life in eternal paradise, with the condition that they follow the rules of what to do to prepare for death.
>>
>>18118629
Mormons
FLDS
Masons
Jews
Jehovah's Witnesses
Islam
Scientology

Plenty of other random cults out there as well, can't ever stop small groups of extremists from popping up. Some people said the Moonies were a cult, but one of the family members operates a really large and successful firearm manufacturing business now. Kahr Arms. They were basically always harmless though. There are a lot of small communes west of Minnesota and into Montana. Plenty of splinter offshoots of Moronism too extreme even for the FLDS branch too.
>>
File: gulen.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gulen.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
Gulenists, secretive Islamist faction behind the recent attempted coup in Turkey. They have used their network of private schools to infiltrate Turkey's government, jailing and assassinating those who spoke against them. The leader, Fethullah Gulen, was chased out of Turkey on terrorism charges, but came to America to seek asylum in the 90s. He still lives in Pennsylvania, and runs a network of private schools around the world, including 120 charter schools in America.

"On Turkey’s political spectrum, the Gulenists were clearly political Islamists. It was their secrecy that made them stand out: Whereas most of Turkey’s Islamists openly resisted secularism through grassroots organization and participation in the democratic system, the Gulen movement sought to subvert secularism. Move “within the arteries of the system, without anyone noticing your existence,” Gulen advised his followers during a now-infamous sermon.

"This process should continue, Gulen went on, until his followers had amassed extraordinary influence. “You must wait until such time as you have all the state power, until you have brought to your side all the power of the constitutional institutions in Turkey,” he counseled in the same sermon.

"In Gulenist literature, those who will take the reins of the state when this time comes are among the “Golden Generation.” These people have the resolve to “cross over seas of filth,” meaning secular sin, while remaining pure in their intentions and thus bring about a kind of utopia."

https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/08/05/fethullah-gulen-race-top-over-turkey-erdogan-secularism-schools/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%BClen_movement#Schools
>>
File: Deathmag07.jpg (92KB, 727x944px) Image search: [Google]
Deathmag07.jpg
92KB, 727x944px
Process Church of the Final Judgement, a British offshoot of Scientology which rejected Hubbard's science fiction mythology for more traditional Gnostic occultism. Although never directly implicated in any crimes, their members went to visit Charles Manson in prison for unknown reasons (according to Manson prosecutor and "Helter Skelter" author, Bugliosi), and they came in the investigations of both Son of Sam (David Berkowitz) and Cropsey (Andre Rand), leading some investigators on both cases to believe that there was a Satanic underground kidnapping children for Satanic Ritual Abuse and brainwashing people to be serial killers.

"Accused of being a "black-caped, black-garbed, death-worshipping church" with ranks of mindless "hooded snuffoids," they believed they were visionaries warning of the coming apocalypse. In the wake of the shootings at Columbine and with cult activity on the increase, this could have been ripped from the mainstream headlines throughout 1999. But at the end of the hippie dream, these were the charges levelled at one of the most controversial cults of the Sixties: the Process Church."

http://www.satanservice.org/propaganda/process.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Process_Church_of_The_Final_Judgment
>>
File: aquino.jpg (14KB, 269x161px) Image search: [Google]
aquino.jpg
14KB, 269x161px
The Temple of Set was an offshoot of Anton LaVey's Church of Satan, founded by former Satanic priest, friend of LaVey, and Army Intelligence officer, Michael Aquino. While LaVeyan Satanists are "actually" atheists, claiming not to believe in anything supernatural (their philosophy sounds more like Ayn Rand than anything), the Setians do believe in the supernatural, and claim to practice ritual magic.

Aquino was accused of Satanic ritual abuse at the Presidio Army base, leading to a large scandal and a police investigation. Although civilian police claimed to have found incriminating evidence during the execution of a search warrant on Aquino's home, the case was taken over by military authorities and Aquino was never prosecuted. After this, he did the rounds on the 80s talk show circuit, defending Satanism from the likes Geraldo Rivera, Oprah, and ex-FBI chief and celebrity conspiracy theory, Ted Gunderson.

Aquino also wrote a definitive work on Army psychological operations called "MindWar," many techniques were used in the run-up to the Iraq War.

Ted Gunderson, Michael Aquino & father James Lebar on "Trash TV" with Geraldo Rivera
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8vJcHwWWRU

From PSYOP to MindWar: The Psychology of Victory
https://www.wanttoknow.info/mk/mindwar-michael-aquino.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_of_Set
>>
>>18118629
feminism
>>
>>18118957
Gotta concur here. Mormons take a lot of shit about being weird but I was raised in the church and haven't been an active member in a lot of years and can tell you that even now they are some of the nicest people around. If you ever need help they are happy to do what they can.
>>
>>18118955
>>18118982
>Cult

It's just a secret DoD program focused on recruiting highly technical minds to help develop supercomputer-run simulations of the world, all to better predict future trends and events.
>>
File: sankirtan.jpg (194KB, 650x295px) Image search: [Google]
sankirtan.jpg
194KB, 650x295px
>>18118629
>one of two main inspirations for "cult" imagery in the West
>still active across the world
>currently building one of the largest temples/churches ever created
>not even mentioned

I am uncertain how to feel about this...
Humor mostly.
>>
Those fucking (literally) cthlulu/ elder god cults

I know they are out there.

they are pretty well hidden, that said I haven't google searched any yet, but everyone on 4chan keeps telling me they aren't real, which makes me think they are real.
>>
File: 1471306312297.jpg (232KB, 800x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1471306312297.jpg
232KB, 800x1130px
>>18118955
KEK has blessed this comment
PRAISE HIM
>>
>>18119100
KEK agrees
PRAISE KEK
>>
>>18119200
feminism is quite the cult
I'd say in its current form feminism is more damaging than most everything else named in this thread
also PRAISE KEK, THOU ART BLESSED
>>
File: Francisco Goya Paintings 30.jpg (216KB, 1265x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Francisco Goya Paintings 30.jpg
216KB, 1265x1080px
>>18119755
chaotes used to communicate with the elder gods
apparently they were very powerful, but difficult to control and not a positive influence to have around, as you could imagine, as well as being very difficult to banish
your comment has been blessed by KEK
>>
File: 1471549822845.jpg (311KB, 1498x2045px) Image search: [Google]
1471549822845.jpg
311KB, 1498x2045px
>>18119955
blessed digits, as usual
he is true
>>
>>18119966
it continues
he is gracious
PRAISE KEK
>>
>>18118629
Why do you talk about garbage instead of helping me?
>>
>>18119967
off by just one
I do wonder why
>>
File: 1472204549671.jpg (2MB, 2061x5756px) Image search: [Google]
1472204549671.jpg
2MB, 2061x5756px
>>18119968
Bohemian grove/the cult of Moloch
I'll have to refrain from my artposting but this is the gist
look it up yourself if you disbelieve
praise KEK
>>
>>18119977
the blessed DIGITS
PRAISE HIM
this is all corroborated with actual physical (virtual, but still hard evidence)
just comb through the wikileaks stuff if you must know for sure
>>
There's a german "cult", they break the will of adults but mostly children by beating them and asking "if theyre tired". If they answer by saying they aren't they continue the beating with wooden sticks and such.

I find it horribly terrifying that such "cults" can even exist without the government taking action.

Also fucking Jehovas Witnesses.
>>
>>18118785
The beast barracks no less.
>>
I've heard some things about buddhafield
>>
File: Ian-billy-0427.jpg (162KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Ian-billy-0427.jpg
162KB, 1024x1024px
>>18118629
>>
>>18118629
Christianism, Evangelism, Mormonism...etcetcetc
>>
>>18118629
Oh Nye'n Ay
>>
>>18118667
Nice, Just got done with Liber 333.
I still like the O9As stuff better, and find it to be closer to what i seek.

For the edification of the board, you should dig in to the connection between TOB and a certain ARG a couple years back.
>>
File: mmmh.jpg (16KB, 400x449px) Image search: [Google]
mmmh.jpg
16KB, 400x449px
>>18118982
Nobody knows? Don't think thats right!
Majority doesn't know, but few know.
Think about it
>>
>>18119964
>used to
>>
>>18118798

Communists in general make me cringe.
>>
>>18120205
I've only heard a second hand account of that ARG. And I do not discuss anything I may or may not know about that group. I'm busy working on my own nexion presently but it is more work than I thought. Last two attempts failed. This time hope it works.
>>
We had a cult in my town. Basically a Christian group that let their leader do a little bit too much interpretation of the bible. I even got death threats from one of the kid members. We went to school together.

But now? They don't do much now. Not that I know of at least.
>>
>>18120434
>"I know guys! Let's tell the establishment to go fuck itself by putting up a NEW establishment, and give it ALL the power! that way, OUR establishment won't ever, in a million years ever be corrupted or start to only care about its own needs!"

Communist logic.
>>
The ancient Egyptian god Kek still has a cult around him, with much of it coming from 4chan, ironically

Many old Babylon and Semitic gods have modern day cults around them

Many elites worship Moloch and Minerva, as we all know. They're cults.
>>
>>18120530
Praise Kek!
>>
Democrats.
>>
The ones you don't know about.
>>
File: 78700204.jpg (47KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
78700204.jpg
47KB, 499x499px
>/pol/ ironically creates a new cult.
>>
File: OgdoadDendera1.jpg (161KB, 520x353px) Image search: [Google]
OgdoadDendera1.jpg
161KB, 520x353px
>>18120530

The Bull and the Owl shown on the left of the Image here are representations of the Male and Female Archons.

The male bull and the female owl.

Also you see the female and male personifications of the Ogdoad as Frogs and Snakes.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 600x450px
>>18119050
>>18119043
>>
>>18120530
Yowza!
>>
>>18119527
And then there's the temple...
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.