[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens to a soul during ego death?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: 1470076643119.jpg (64KB, 500x591px) Image search: [Google]
1470076643119.jpg
64KB, 500x591px
What happens to a soul during ego death?
>>
File: Phoenix.png (150KB, 1914x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix.png
150KB, 1914x1920px
It becomes indistinguishable from the souls of others, at least from your perspective.

For a time.
>>
You view yourself as an outside being. In a sense you see yourself through the eyes of everyone around you. It's a great self exploritory experience if you're open to it.
>>
>>18115319
In my view, the eternal soul is the kernel of Self, full of potential, and ego is its reflection through which it tries to manifest this potential; a "temporal soul" if you will.

Ego death is a chance (and I stress the word chance) for the temporal soul to manifest the true potential of its eternal counterpart, without the distortions inherent in the normal course of development.
>>
>>18115333
This.

It feels like being one with god.
>>
>>18115333
>>18115542
I honestly think that sounds really bad. I don't want to lose my individuality, nor do I want others to lose theirs.
>>
File: 1472624212263.gif (1MB, 303x307px) Image search: [Google]
1472624212263.gif
1MB, 303x307px
>>18115649
It can be pretty rough. Like getting anally raped in the emotions with every word you hear from a passerby. But you get used to it. Sort of.

Anyways, the point isn't to stay ego dead. It's just a thing you can pass through, if you wish to alter your personality very quickly. First become no one. And then once you understand why that's exactly the same as becoming everyone, pick a person out of everyone to be.

Boomf. Good as new. Sort of.
>>
>>18115649
"Ego death" is just a fancy way of explaining the ability to glimpse yourself from an outside perspective. You retain all knowledge of yourself, but for the first time get an objective, third person view of yourself. You see what your friends and family sees. Normally, it's impossible to get such an objective look at yourself because all information you receive about yourself is filtered in through your own ego. This is what those posters mean by your soul merging with the souls of everyone else. You essentially merge with those around you for a time, and thus can look at yourself from an outsider's POV.

The only thing that will change after an "ego death" is your perception about yourself. It's a chance to objectively look at who and what you are, and how to change that (hopefully) for the better.
>>
>>18115684
They should probably come up with a new name for it, then. "Death" implies permanence and that something is gone forever.
>>
how do I get to process of ego death without taking psychedelics?
>>
>>18115736
Well, it can and often is a permanent death of your ego up until the point you experience it. It's not that you lose your ego forever, but the ego that once existed in your consciousness will be forever dead after you experience "ego death".

Consider: Everyone has an ego, and that ego is formed from the moment we are born. Our lives, experiences, emotions, reactions, etc all shape our egos. The ego is the filter with which you interpret (often subconsciously) every stimulus you receive. You hear rain and feel a certain way - this is your ego interpreting what rain is. The heavy air, the temperature, all interacting with previous memories to make you think and feel a certain way about the rain. Someone who was proposed to in the rain will feel very different from someone who lost a loved one during a rainstorm.

Most importantly, however, our ego shapes the way we view ourselves. When you look down at your body or look at yourself in the mirror, your ego is still working - filtering the images you see. It dictates if you feel bad about your body or you feel sexy. The sensation of running your hand over your face or muscles is filtered as well. The only way we view ourselves is through our ego.

When "ego death" occurs however, we suddenly get a new look at ourselves. Not only visually, but emotionally and logically. We get the "us" everyone else sees. We can weigh our strengths and weaknesses objectively for the first time. We can see what we look like physically without our ego filtering and highlighting what we normally experience when looking down or in a mirror.

For this reason, I think "ego death" is an appropriately heavy term. After experiencing it, our view of self is forever altered by an objective understanding. Now, is this a good or bad thing? It can be either. Either we will accept ourselves and try to improve on what we can, or we will reject ourselves and realize this is all we are.
>>
File: cimo_cleaned_1867.png (133KB, 336x339px) Image search: [Google]
cimo_cleaned_1867.png
133KB, 336x339px
>>18115760
Just learn to route others' consciousness through your own, while simultaneously silencing your own physical mind, until you can't remember who you were, except as the sum aggregate of echoes of others' consciousness through your own physical mind. Then take *that* sum aggregate of consciousness, and put into the same formula, using it to only receive groups of others' sum aggregate of consciousness, while silencing *itself* until it only becomes a numb buzz in the recesses of your physical mind. And so on, in a recursive cycle. Eventually the pressure of channeling that much information will cause your physical mind to snap, and whatever's born out of that becomes the new "you."

It's really exactly that simple and that difficult.
>>
File: 1472395790135.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472395790135.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>>18115736
Those who coined that specific phrasing don't see death with the same permanence you attribute to it. It was never a phrase that was meant for (and forgive me being this fedora tippish about it) normies who are still under the illusion that death is only an end, and not a beginning. We have festy culture to thank for that particular Chinese telephone call to Babylon.
>>
You become one with the universe, one with everyone and everything around you. You see your true place in the world, everyone you know and love becomes one with you. Everything you know about yourself you forget, and you see these things as they are, you see these things for what they are. Everything that goes through your mind is everything around you, you have no thoughts or connections with your own body. LSD is one hell of a drug, man.
>>
>>18115760
lots and lots of training and meditation. I can't do it. Well, let me word that differently. I haven't done it. I will one day though. It's all I live for these days.
>>
File: 1471860482347.jpg (544KB, 1187x673px) Image search: [Google]
1471860482347.jpg
544KB, 1187x673px
>>18115649
Your individuality is an illusion. You are everyone. You are nothing. And nothing is permanent. Nothing is eternal. The soul is a moving, changing being, just like your ego. Your soul is alive, but not eternal. Nothing is eternal.
>>
>>18115319
Freedom of the mind. It's wonderful.
>>
>>18116128
It makes sense since your ass follows
>>
>>18115872
>>18115649

Blah blah the bible a lord, eternal life and commandments.

I'll tell you what happens, a bunch of bored occultist try sabotaging any attempts to learn because tradition.

Learn to refill your cup would be the next step.
>>
>>18115872
Individuality is a passing expression of god, it's not an illusion exactly but it's neither mutually exclusive to everything else. Becoming a homogenized clone is a cartoonish misinterpretation of what it means to be connected. To please God is to explore and play, all paths are unique and connected together.
>>
>>18115872
Then why do we hear about after-death communications with individuals on the other side, who are still individuals?
>>
>>18115333
Team moltres
>>
>>18115760
Act as if it already happened. Look at yourself, your personality and behaviors, as if you're watching somebody else, and analyze them according to a model. The eight circuit model presented in "Prometheus Rising" works well and is pretty accessible (although keeping in mind that Wilson's elemental/temperament associations are different from the classical model if you want a cross-model comparison.)

This coupled with regular meditation can activate the mechanism behind ego death, but keep in mind that this one trigger is not going to make you an enlightened sage. Ego death accompanies this and is an integral part, but only a part. If you're not ready, ego death will just bring about a newly formulated personality. Which can be a good thing if the new personality is more functional than the old one.
>>
>>18115803
>festy culture
fucking psytrance eh?
>>
>>18117119
I'm somewhat paranoid and I once got very, very high in my house and got a sort of epiphany/catharsis were I noticed I was a bad person to different people around me
I'm not saying that I went through an ego death, but is it like that?

I went to change some parts of my personality (mainly, trying to be nicer to everyone around me), but I also think I'm acting as if it were not me and my actions are planned, not natural. I've felt like I'm fighting the 'cunt' inside me and locking him, but it sometimes resurfaces. It's hard to be acting 24/7 instead of just being the usual me (that was an asshole, but I still got friends and respect of people)
>>
>>18116955
Because people have a hard time experiencing existence outside of their established framework.
>>
>>18115319
Absolutely nothing, anon. Why would the soul be affected by ego "death"?
>>
Souls don't exist and you're extremely gullible.
>>
>>18117363
So what does that mean? They're not really talking to the souls of dead people and it's some kind of delusion?
>>
>>18117435
That is what I meant.
>>
>>18115333
You can not have an ego and still view others as being different.
>>
>>18117323
What you're describing sounds like temporary detachment from ego. The sort of change brought on by ego death is akin to the radical shift described by people who have had near death experiences. They still have their memories and a sense of continuity, but their old patterns and habits are abolished. These CAN reestablish themselves due to memory, btw.

I wasn't referring to acting like you have a different personality at all times, more like engaging in specific directed periods of introspection, and approaching your personality as a mix of blind impersonal forces rather than anything that could be called "I." This will lead to the state you described - detachment, but under conscious direction rather than chemically induced. Remaining in this state regularly and meditating deeply while in it can bring ego death. Just be sure you know what to do with it once it happens, or some of your old traits may reappear along with new, equally undesirable ones.

Being "born again" is an accurate description, it's like you're experiencing everything for the first time again. But just like being born the first time, if the personality is formed through accidental, unconscious experiences, it'll be flawed.
>>
>>18117384

You must be fun at parties.

But if you're that thick, then you don't deserve to experience the universe outside you're own, dull, numb noggin'
>>
>>18115319
ok whats going to happen is you will either

be dragged some place by what you could call a reaper but there just poachers. no official capacity to take any one any where. if you cannot fight back you will die

or you might come to in a unfamiliar place. do not go in the water. its not water. even if you feel thirsty do not go near what looks like water

or you start out in water. in which case you may not come to. if you do get out of the water. it saps your strength and you sleep. some are immune for some unknown reason but many are not
>>
>>18118154
>You must be fun at parties.

The use of this phrase should be prohibited before anyone succumbs to the douche chills that it induces in the reader.
>>
>>18118178

I agree... also the phrases "...doesn't exist" and "...don't exist" should be prohibited.
>>
>>18115319
what's an ego death?
>>
>>18118178
>The use of this phrase should be prohibited
>douche chills
>>
Well it remains intact and doesn't necessarily even move.
Been through it.
>>
>>18117384
This. Is /x/ the most retarded board? It definitely seems like it.
>>
>>18115679
>>18115684

Everyone I know thinks i'm a joke though. I'm afraid if I do it it'll be the most depressing experience of my life.
>>
>>18118805
Well if you have low self esteem or are depressed now, I would avoid trying to experience an ego death. It's not for everyone, and it's not like you need to experience one in order to better yourself. Objectively listing your flaws, asking your friends and family for help, and setting goals at improving yourself will all work if that's your end goal.

Plenty (too many) people go into an ego death experience assuming they are fine with who they are, or holding strong convictions about their character, only to be rocked to the core by the experience. It can easily send you into a deep depression if you don't like and/or don't accept what you experience. It's not something to be taken lightly, or sought after in haste. It's a very intense physical, emotional, and occasionally spiritual experience which is not for everyone. Only those secure in mind and body, and those who understand what is going to happen should attempt to experience ego death.
>>
>>18115319
nothing cause the death of ego is bout spirit not soul. Ego is basically personality wich is also what its call spirit and there for something that you have in your life time, soul is eternal and that little and magnificent part that communion with god and the universe enterely
>>
>>18115319
>>
People need to understand that the Ego isn't something that is separate from the soul. Its rather a dumber version of the soul which the soul itself. When someone says the they are trying to kill their ego its essentially saying ignoring the reality we live in and discarding a huge tool that helps us gain understanding and knowledge.

The Ego is part of the soul but not to its fullest extent so while it may be possible to suppress it(emotions and mental stability and control) one can not get rid of it as long as they are alive.

The body creates many things that make us 'Human' and the soul just adds onto it making our personality.
>>
What happens to the soul during Lego death?
>>
>>18118805
Okay. Then it probably will be.

If you were very excited, and enthusiastic that it was going to be the most depressing experience of your life, then it would probably be that too.
>>
File: 1473472436449.png (190KB, 900x917px) Image search: [Google]
1473472436449.png
190KB, 900x917px
>>18121568
It's like getting a brand new set of divine Legos, except all the pieces are the same as the old set.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.