[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons who believe in an afterlife, can you convince me there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 17

File: tmp_24622-images402496872.png (4KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24622-images402496872.png
4KB, 201x251px
Anons who believe in an afterlife, can you convince me there is one? I'm generally agnostic but I can't help thinking there's nothing after death
Help me, guys, I'm scared of oblivion
>>
Well after you died, usually you go to a hole in the ground or into ashes, there's more options you can google it. I was joking but why do you want to belive in heaven or something, if you like to believe in lies because they let you more confortable why don't you move to North Korea?
>>
Well, we know mass and energy cannot be destroyed - only altered/changed.

So, when you die, your mass (your body) will begin the decomposition process. It will break-down, change into it's basic components.

So what of your energy? The soul? The spark of life that cannot be created or recreated artificially? Scientists cannot replicate this process.

Well, this energy has to change or go SOMEwhere.
>>
>>18113346
No it doesn't faggot you die then you rot in nothingness
>>
I know that feel OP
the best thing you can do is find something to keep you busy so you don't have to think about death until the time comes, like a job and a family of your own
>>
>>18113355
Says you. Why don't you find out for yourself? :^)
>>
>>18113304

where were you 200 years ago? in Death.

dont be scared anon, you've been dead before.
>>
>>18113370
Whatever, McScaredofnothignesspostmortem-dick
>>
If you're just scared of nothingness:
I think theres a chemical in you r brain that switches up your perception of time so you can live for years even tho its only been a couple hours. I think there were some cases on it. A quick google search only got me a reddit post tho https://www.reddit.com/r/Glitch_in_the_Matrix/comments/30t9kd/repost_a_parallel_life_awoken_by_a_lamp/
>>
>>18113346
I don't think the soul is energy though. I worry it's just a freak of evolution, but even if it's not, the energy explanation seems baseless to me
>>
Have you ever read or watched anything about people's near death experiences? Well who's to say that experience doesn't carry on to after your death? That's what I like to believe.

If you want to have this experience early, just take some DMT.
>>
>>18113412
I find those comforting too, but who's to say that isn't just what happens at the moment your brain shuts down, or just before
>>
>>18113374
He wasn't in Death, he was in the void, the nothingness, yet to exist. Now that he has existed, why won't he continue to exist?
>>
>>18113420
We can't be certain of either outcome, but nothing wrong with believing in the afterlife. Whether you were right about it or not, you'll be dead anyway. I see no harm in believing in something if it keeps you at peace.
>>
>>18113431
Beauty or truth, the eternal dilemma
>>
Our thoughts appear to affect reality because we live in a dream/simulation (depending on how you wanna explain it). This reality is based on perception, not objective physical dynamics.

When we die, we stop using our current body as a centre of our perception. After that I realistically don't know what happens, but it seems like reincarnation is one of several possible outcomes of the afterlife.
>>
remember when you feel a glance without seeing the person? it proves spiritual reality is real
>>
File: 20160903_-1768906192.jpg (275KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
20160903_-1768906192.jpg
275KB, 1600x1600px
>>
>>18113346
Yeah, it stays in your body until the energy and heat cools down and is decomposed and turned into energy for other things.
>>
Humans are robots with soul, we are therefore reborn-ed
>>
>>18113304
Well nobody can really prove anything, but I would say that an afterlife exists.

I remembered the life before our current life when I was a child, I was able to talk to my parents about it. (From what I can gather we were spirits before this life and only temporarily inhabit these bodies)
I was terribly afraid to lose these memories like the others around me, but in the end it was inevitable.
Adults, teenagers and heck even most children aren't made to remember these things from before you were alive.

If you are truely desperate to experince something for yourself, meditate untill you get an obe.
Don't force it though, I've read mixed opinions on doing astral projection, so better do it the safe way.
I have never done it I can't tell you anything with certainty.
>>
>>18113529
What's an obe?
>>
>>18113550
Out of Body Experience, it's basically an astral projection (ap), but in a broader sense (doesn't only include ap, I think)
>>
>>18113420
If it was just this, how would that explain these kinds of accounts?

http://www.near-death.com/science/evidence/people-see-verified-events-while-obe.html
>>
>>18113529
Take LSD(200ug+) and get memories from your life before
>>
http://revelationnow.net/2016/04/10/dmt-destroys-the-theory-of-evolution-and-proves-an-afterlife/

Is this true?
>>
>>18113640
Nah could probably find a hypnotherapist if I really wanted to remember, but it really isn't that important to me anymore.
>>
>>18113643
>DMT is a premise evolutionist can never touch because it is a universe which is too complex to have originated from nothingness.
"I don't understand science therefore it's wrong"
>DMT transports the human consciousness into a realm teeming with: life, architecture, mechanics, emotion, and conscious growth. The Theory of Evolution is predicated on a physical explanation for life devoid of intelligent design. While the DMT realm is nothing but intelligent design devoid of the physical. You cannot arrive to the DMT realm with a physical body and it is only through metabolizing DMT into the brain barrier you enter the DMT realm.
Holy shit, do you DMT fags actually believe this? It's a drug that messes with the way you perceive things, not a fucking portal.
>>
If you want to believe in afterlife, realize that the life you live now is the same life as your afterlife.

You might wear pajamas at home, take a shower, then dress into your work outfit. You are still you in a different outfit. When you die, the energy that keeps you alive now, is you, it leaves the body when the body has used all of its battery life.

You witness what happens after the boy dies, we all do. Where we go, is all subject to discussion. If you look outside the region of you that is conditioned by the body and conditioned by the mind, realizing that energy is actually you, the soul. The soul does not die, and will travel from the body after death and do what it needs to.
>>
>>18113655
Well, It's said that DMT accures in brain at the day 49 inside babies head(inside the mother), then again when you die. Gives you hallucinations when you are dying (Seeing the light)
>>
The Zika virus is a spell with the intention to make a diabetes cure from what I've understood.
>>
>>18113682
Hallucination isn't the best word here, because it is described as a hallucination by people who don't understand it, and because they call it "hallucination" people then say "DMT is a hallucination, nothing more" forgetting to realize that it is a portal transferring the energy of you sustained life
>>
Well, stuff like Dr. Parnia's experiments, or that guy with only 10% of his brain present seem to show conciousness isn't truly physical or depending on you being alive. Also, the tunnel of light thing is constant, no matter the background, but depictions of the afterlife fall under cultural bias(catholics see St. Peter and the Virgin Mary, Orthodox have their own traits, protestants see only Jesus, muslims see their prophet)
>>
From what I've heard from people that had near death experiences/died for a short amount of time, almost all of them described seeing/being with/talking to something while they were unconscious. Even though details tend to change, and people describe it different ways, they all boil down to that same concept.

One story that struck me pretty hard was of a lady that died for about five minutes and described her experience as essentially astral projecting. She said that she was with some family members and was watching the doctors operate on her body, and was able to describe all the instruments they used, and even what song was playing in the background, with striking accuracy when she came to (the doctor that operated on her said that there was no way she could have known anything that was going on in the room because she was moved someplace else by the time she woke up). I don't know if it was fake or what, but that story has me pretty convinced that there is some sort of after life.

As to what the afterlife is though, my guess is that it probably depends on your own faith.
>>
>>18113692
Something like this. Your body is more of a vessel and adapter for you to stay here. You've had other bodies, you've been to other worlds, you die you go back home to the others and from there you'll go for another trip.

You are not human, you are not alien. You are life of your kind and for you to be here, right now, you had to be the way you are.
>>
>>18113701
That thing about the guy with 10% of the brain could mean that consciousness is how we interpret the interplay of parts of our brain, rather than what's actually in our brain, if you see what I mean. It's not necessarily to do with the soul
>>
>>18113626
I can't. And that gives me hope.

Although it's possible I suppose that something continues briefly after your death, doesn't mean it continues permanently
>>
>>18113746
It's a natural occurrence that happens when you die. Your body releases all the Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) that it has stored up over the years all at once.
>>
File: universe-wakesup.png (180KB, 540x222px) Image search: [Google]
universe-wakesup.png
180KB, 540x222px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtT6Xkk-kzk
>>
>>18113496

That's not even close to an actual scientific brain.

And anxiety and stress are associated with all parts of the brain, there is no one location, otherwise we'd fucking cure that shit
>>
>>
>>18113510
>>
>>18113346

see
>>18113506
this, kind of.

your physiology is generating that energy (from sources you intake to generate it) and it's like an engine; when you turn it off, it stops. it has to be running to make energy. when you die, that energy generation stops being produced and every last remaining bit tries to keep you alive for like 20 more minutes, then it's spent. no more energy.
>>
>>18113304
>>>/adv/
>>
>>18113423
...because he will die, anon. duh.

>>18113495
it just proves your brain subconsciously saw it from an earlier angle, or peripheral vision. or, since our brains as such complex beasts, you could have subconsciously seen the person before they glanced, and determined by body language or the circumstance that they would soon glance, then your brain sends the result of its computation to your conscious mind and you "feel" it.
>>
>>18114102
Yeah, I wasn't sure where to post this bit I figured it would get people talking here. Which it has
>>
>>18113304
Okay a perceptive view on it, first there is a 'valley' between this world and sort of pure energy from which all things originate, depending on circumstances surrounding the death a 'soul'/'spark'/'life' what ever you may see the energy that binds our bodies as, the 'soul' will remain in this transitional 'valley' until it is able to combine with the source again.

A bit deeper look, we are physical beings, one could see us as a generator, we put fuel in(I.e. food) and we produce an eletical potential vital for life, let's refer to this as the soul, now viewing our brains as a computer this potential or soul is the power for this computer and allows us to store memories and ideas in the form of data or knowledge. In our final moments it is not uncommon for one to see their life replayed before their eyes, kind of like searching and deleting all data on the computer, you have to access it before you can delete it. Now as this potential or soul leaves your body it is still in sync with your body's circuitry thus can often take the look of your physical body. The afterlife is the imprint of your existence left in the energy as it returns to the source, which is far beyond the perception our senses have left us capable of.
>TLDR there is an after life but it is not really a place more a state of unperceptive awearness of all
>>
File: moment_040.jpg (13KB, 203x270px) Image search: [Google]
moment_040.jpg
13KB, 203x270px
>>18113304
U better hope i dont find u cos Im gonna fuck u up m8
>>
>>18113342
I consider myself an atheist, but you should stop the Hitchens stuff
I always found he took it all way too personally and never managed to get to the root of the problem with religion
>>
>>18113346
Until the existence of the soul and the energy it is composed of is quantifiable, applying physical laws to what most consider a spiritual concept doesn't really make sense.
>>
>>18114160
May I ask why?
>>
>>18114180
none of ur fuking business you poof
>>
Does astral projection have anything to do with the afterlife?
>>
>>18114250
Well, spirituality is something we all need. Even you, END OF CAPITALISM!
>>
>>18114260
>astral projection
I think more about the "Eight circuit model of consciousness"

And Shamanism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamanism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-circuit_model_of_consciousness
http://deoxy.org/8circuit.htm
https://www.shamanism.org/

Why is the world as it is?
We lost our spiritual power 10,000 of years ago
Abut shamans is the woods of Peru still got'em
>>
>>18114260
Buddhism is the most right religion, came 600 years before fucking Christianity

Christianity = Capitalism

What can we do instead of Capitalism?
Iknow
"The Venus Project"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KphWsnhZ4Ag

"WTF IS THAT?"
It's end of capitalism scumbags at the top
>>
>>18114286
"Well, I think the world works great today!!!"
Well, THEN YOUR ARE FUCKING WRONG
heres a video for you, scumbag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg
>>
"Why is cannabis still illegal so many places? Even after we found out it's not that harm full as Alcohol?"

Well, CAPITALISM BBY. If cannabis gets legal, people will stop drinking alcohol, and prefer cannabis.

"Is that wrong?"
Well, no, but CAPITALISM! USA will lose alot of money on that, and other countries can earn more money if cannabis gets legal

"Oh I see, thank you for explaining me why the system is fucked up"
>>
File: Oblivion it's gameover ya Cunt.jpg (27KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion it's gameover ya Cunt.jpg
27KB, 600x400px
>>18113304
Oblivion, just like going to sleep and never waking up, easy
>>
I don't think I can die.

A few months ago, I was addicted to heroin. I would get really high, and then I'd drink alcohol, take xanax, ambien...and then I'd always wake up the next day.

It astounded me. That combination could have easily killed me. But I would wake up the next day. And my first thought would be - how?

I believe in parallel universes. And I believe that when we "die" in one, our conciousness moves to another. It's forced to. And I don't think we really can die - because there is always a universe in which our consciousness can continue to exist
>>
>>18114308
>Oblivion
Niggah, paradise is the answear
>>
>>18114313
Yeah, conciousness = reality a person lives in

HARD QUESTION TIME
what if the consciousness, or reality most of us live in today (Capitalism), is wrong?
What if everything you know is wrong?
>>
>>18114279
>>18114286
>>18114289
>>18114305
>>18114313
>>18114316
>>18114327

https://amuse-i-d.vice.com/the-link-between-buddhism-and-psychedelics/

Ya all wanna know my story?
http://pastebin.com/x31gCYMP

bby <3
>>
>>18114348
>>>18114313
That one is not mine btw*
>>
i don't believe in the after life. after life is cave man interpretation of the way consciousness works.
life doesn't exist, your identity doesn't matter. life is not much more.
>>
>>18114313
i agree, your consciousness streams seamlessly between the "jumps". multi verse is hell of a lad. the real shit that is hard to know is what happens when you die in all of them ? your furthest possible point? wha next? a loop?
>>
>>18114472
Well, try DMT, get answers.
I know there is a afterlife, people in general is to ignorant to understand it?

Quote from Steve jobs:

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet, death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it, and that is how it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life. It's life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.”

"What is heaven?"
Well, Heaven is the spiritual world you are inside, until your soul get spiritually transformed to the material world again.

"But then hell does not exist?"
Well, hell is when your soul is trapped by hatred in the material world after death. You are not able to leave. (This can be fixed by giving ghosts peace, and guide them to heaven).

Death = Evolution -> It's our biological transforming.
>>
>>18114502
>No one has ever escaped it, and that is how it should be

Meaning that we should not try to make ourself immortal in the material world, because then evolution will simply stop
>>
>>18113304
I'm not scared of oblivion. Oblivion is most possibly the best kind of near-guarantee something like you or I could ever hope to have a disposition towards. O, to die. To rest, eternal. To not be.

In fact, I'm more scared that my being is easily replicable- and I may continually find myself, to my own individual surprises, inside a box/es, sometimes if only aware of the "ultimate" reality that I have no direct access to and can only muse about.

On the flip side... in knowing that there can both exist nothing and something in moments, where quantifying such could as well be a futile task... I'm not particularly upset about either outcome/s- I've only to gripe about it for as long as I'm along for the ride (what else does being alive/aware entail?). It'll always happen, and when it doesn't, it won't, and that will be just as fine.
>>
>>18114562
>Most scientists would probably say that the concept of an afterlife is either nonsense, or at the very least unprovable.

>Yet one expert claims he has evidence to confirm an existence beyond the grave - and it lies in quantum physics.

Lets just wait and see :D
>>
>>18114577
There exists words, written by a wise man (of many).

It goes like this:

“By definition, you can’t experience your own death. Death is the end of consciousness. And consciousness persists. In the language of physics, consciousness is conserved.

I am the one who wakes up in the morning.

Always.

Every morning.

I don’t die.

I just become increasingly unlikely.”
>>
>>18114488
'Bottom line: What you see could not be present without your consciousness,' explained Lanza. 'Our consciousness makes sense of the world.'

By looking at the universe from a biocentric's point of view, this also means space and time don't behave in the hard and fast ways our consciousness tell us it does. In summary, space and time are 'simply tools of our mind.'

Once this theory about space and time being mental constructs is accepted, it means death and the idea of immortality exist in a world without spatial or linear boundaries.

Similarly, theoretical physicists believe there is infinite number of universes with different variations of people, and situations, taking place simultaneously.
>>
>>18114600
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/mar/01/what-does-it-feel-like-to-die

You can't feel you own death?

Why are you, and many others, ignoring "The light"
>>
>>18114600

You will forget your actions like your car keys...

...you will grow bloated and bubbly your wrinkles matching the stupid perception of a baby as you slide back into the oh so memorable "slot" of existence...

Earth is oh so warm! Especially these decadent decades!
>>
>>18114605
>consciousness is conserved
Here is also a nice quote
"The nature of the mind and its relation to the body has been seen as more of a problem as science has progressed in its mechanistic understanding of the brain and body. Proposed solutions often have ramifications about the nature of mind as a whole."
>>
>>18114613
I can feel my dying.

I don't remember being dead, except in my dreams. I don't die every day, to my knowledge. I just lose a little more runtime, a little more shelf life. I can't, and have never felt, my actual death.

I'm not even ignoring any light. It's rather that you're choosing to look at a specific pinhole from behind a wall of sorts.
>>
>>18114619
Except, that would not be a guarantee, because as it turns out, I happened to be several small percentages of the populations.

I have "special snowflake qualities". It's not improbable that without sufficient interference, my mind will go to waste due to age.

But it's like you think it's the 1800s, or any time period before (current year). On top of thinking that I only need to exist as an ongoing electrochemical process, naturally so.

Or that I am anything but information. How do you know I'm not simply a translation of some errant attempt to locate something nondescript and inconsequential? I don't and I could even worry less about it.

It being warm only further enables my self-preservation, or my preservation by others, self-serving or otherwise. Same goes for you.
>>
>>18114641

Well I guess you could argue my dick is inconsequential...

...from an existential perspective... of course!
>>
>>18114619
Hey Satan
Your right
Heres why
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yesyhQkYrQM

>>18114623
Do you really want to know why I am so sure that there is a afterlife?
Do you believe in angles?
Well, I have met one, and he changed my life from a drug dealer, to a more nice person.
At first, he was "The Vice Man". He told me I had a Hitler in my family. I asked my dad about Hitler? My dad told me hes own dad was called Hitler because he was beating my father up. My dad, did one mistake, that made my life turn upside down. "The Vice man" told me that every man can change, generation change humans, and humans will soon change. I could write a long history about that event, when I met an angle.

Before, I was like you. But the angle guided me to get out all of my hate out of my heart.

If you want the whole history, you can contact me at "[email protected]"

Here is all the things I have wrote in this thread
Someone will call me crazy, but after that one event, I'm only trying to get an logical explanation on that event, and my convolution is that afterlife exists.

>>18113412
>>18113510
>>18113640
>>18113682
>>18114067
>>18114088
>>18114097
>>18114262
>>18114279
>>18114286
>>18114289
>>18114305
>>18114327
>>18114348
>>18114502
>>18114605
>>18114577
>>18114620
>>
>>18114646
Oh, hi, Satan.
>>
>>18114670
People change, they aren't static things. I mean, they grow, you know.

People also call me "an angel" more often than not. I've gotten the compliment at least once in my lifetime.

I naturally want to help others. It may not look like it from what I write, but I do things that sometimes cause others to suspect that my intentions aren't genuine. The kind of door-opening or humoring that makes some feel sick.

Behaviorally, chemically, mentally... doing "good" or eliciting "good" from others makes me feel "good". I also get to witness their benefit from my actions, and watch them prosper in what moment they then occupy.

I don't need to live forever. I don't discount an afterlife. But, I would rather not continue.

I would like to sleep, because I feel that, down a certain road, I may have spent too much time being awake.

Whatever truth you're trying to sell me, I don't think I've the mind to buy it.
>>
>>18114685
Well, you asked for the story, and I will write it. Watch this thread

>>18114685
>>
>>18114692
I didn't ask for the story.

Heavens, man, I said that I wanted to sleep. Let dead men lie.
>>
>>18114698
Okey, well then. Heaven is the place for our soul to rest, before you get reborn. I know I want to take the opportunity to get reborn-ed when my soul have rested. Hell is when your soul is stuck in the material world and you can't leave. Rest is important. Heaven is a place for resting after a whole life, but when your soul is ready to be reborn.
>>
>>18114708
You are simply reborn-ed, just a part of our universal existence.
>>
>>18114710
That is the only logical explanation of our existence. If you have any other, that is more logical than my theory, then tell me
>>
>>18114708
No coming back for me.

It's either permanent rest, or permanent being. I don't think you understand what being robbed of any real concept of time (here, now, then, later), on the whole, will do to someone.

When you stare, and you slip, and you fail to distinguish yesterday from today, and you relive yesterday. You walk through the motions, and you slip further, only to come back to the realization that there is most definitely a now, and you cease to focus on every previous moment as if they were all happening at once.

And you taste regularity, now, here. Not then. Not tomorrow.

Today.

But you feel as if you've spent the amount of time from your moment of lapse, lapsing. Days, months. Years. And any sort of profound memory can serve as the trigger.

I live with it, and I would suggest that to force my living with it is a cruel joke. I laugh, but I cry.
>>
>>18114730
Maybe you have a choose, to stay, or get back to the material world, everything is possible you know?

Why I try to make things like this logical
Is because of events when a child remember his life before

I have many logical explanation of that too, it's DMT that is our key to the spiritual world. It gives you the soul from the spiritual world at the day 49 when you are a baby, inside your mother. And when you die, DMT simple opens the gate again, so you can travel to the spiritual world.
>>
From little bit research, I found a video that explains what I believe.
Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN-9i3mZhWg
>>
>implying we're not reincarnated
>>
>>18114853
>implying we're reincarnated
But anyway, It's your choice to live in that kind of reality. You shall see the truth after you die, when you are old, and full of wisdom.
>>
>>18113420
I've heard that NDEs can happen even to people whose brains aren't shutting down, like maybe they jump off a bridge and have a full NDE before they hit the ground (and survive, obviously, otherwise we wouldn't hear their stories). There are also shared-death experiences, where people who have no health problems at all, and are not in any danger of death themselves, are with someone when they die and see some of the same stuff the dying person does.

Another interesting thing is that NDEs are usually very coherent and structured, unlike hallucinations, which are often chaotic and nonsensical. Also, if an experiencer sees other people, they only see people who are dead. If it were just a random hallucination, we wouldn't expect there to be that kind of restriction.
>>
>>18113701
>Also, the tunnel of light thing is constant, no matter the background
Actually, I believe the tunnel only appears in about 23 percent of NDE cases. I don't have the statistics on hand, but I remember that PMH Atwater mentioned it a lot, so looking her up might be a way to find that information.

>but depictions of the afterlife fall under cultural bias(catholics see St. Peter and the Virgin Mary, Orthodox have their own traits, protestants see only Jesus, muslims see their prophet)
I think it's pointless to argue about this, though. Here's why: Materialists will contend it's all caused by the brain whether there's variation in the experiences or not.

Things are different depending on culture? "Well, obviously, the person's brain is conjuring images based on their own expectations.

Things are the same no matter where the person came from? "Well, human brains are the same on a basic level, so of course we'd all have the same hallucinations when we die."

It works for the other side, too. The similarities could be because we all go to the same afterlife, and the differences could be the people on the other side tailoring the experience for us to make the transition easier.
>>
>>18114502
>No one has ever escaped it, and that is how it should be
Fuck this and everyone who says it. Every single one of them would try to avoid being murdered instead of standing there and saying "Well, no one should escape death..." as someone shoots them to death.
>>
File: Gentle persuasion.jpg (56KB, 288x377px) Image search: [Google]
Gentle persuasion.jpg
56KB, 288x377px
>>18114670
No one gets out of Life alive.
No Afterlife.
No Reincarnation.
Your time is Now.
This is It dudes,
live it while you still can
>>
To me, oblivion is the worst that there could be. I'm sure I would hate eternal torture but oblivion is the outcome that haunts me.
Imagine your consciousness being deleted. You can't of course, but even approaching that realisation is terrifying. Oblivion makes your life an absurdity, erases everything experience, everything. People comfort you by saying you live on in your descendants or your achievements, but those are worthless when your consciousness, the eye that looks out, is gone.

Although, I still stick with the 'glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever' quote; if everything's absurd, you might as well achieve glory
>>
File: i'd buy that for a dollar.jpg (26KB, 432x300px) Image search: [Google]
i'd buy that for a dollar.jpg
26KB, 432x300px
>>18115965
accept that we are not higher beings than the animals of the earth.
when they die their bodies become apart of the earth
same with us.
Accept that this is your life to lead to be, but at the end it is over, if you want to be comforted by "saying you live on in your descendants or your achievements", then in truth your genetics are past on to your descendants but in terms of your achievements, well that's just pure vanity, now isn't it?
No Afterlife.
No Reincarnation.
Your time is Now.
Live it.
>>
The law of one is what you seek, universal truth and GAME CHANGER.
>>
>>18113304
Ghosts

/thread
>>
>>18115987
I have no idea what you're trying to say
>>
File: 1312421497129.jpg (51KB, 504x378px) Image search: [Google]
1312421497129.jpg
51KB, 504x378px
>>18113304

>ITT: People who have never died or spoken to someone who has experienced death telling you what will or will not happen when you die

It's better if you just come up with your own theories OP. They will be just as likely as any others that are posted here so far
>>
>>18116112

This shit:
>>18113510
>>
File: 2alqgsv[1].gif (2MB, 399x204px) Image search: [Google]
2alqgsv[1].gif
2MB, 399x204px
Here's what we got.

00-19 Other Realm: Heaven, Hell, Limbo, Purgatory, Kingdom of the Dead, Valhalla, Whatever.

20-39 Reincarnation: Buddhist cycle, Hindu karma train, Whatever the Kabbalah says. Whatever.

40-59 Oblivion: What science says isn't held very highly on this board.

60-79 You a Ghost: You are now a ghost.

80-99 You an Angel: Someone in church told me I would become an angel.
-
Dubs- Become a Mormon god. You get your own planet.

Quads- The scene in Harry Potter happens and you meet Dumbledore's ghost, and a fetus of Voldemort at a train station. It's not your time.
>>
>>18116514
Best response so far
You're on.
>>
>>18116552
For fuck's sake. Of course I bloody get oblivion (I'm OP)
>>
>>18116514
Rolling
>>
>>18116514
rawl
>>
>>18116811

Neato.
>>
>>18116514
Let's roll the cosmic die.
>>
>>18117113
Well, I'm upset that I don't get to stop existing, but maybe existence is better as a sunflower atop a hillside for eternity.
>>
>>18115832
Wrong.
>>
I think it depends on the situation or type of death. I know what happens during suicide.
See these posts on /r9k/:
>>>/r9k/31337090
>>>/r9k/31337502
>>>/r9k/31337800
mirrored here in case the thread dies:
>Anonymous 09/11/16(Sun)11:18:34 No.31337090
>Do you fuckers go back in time and reverse suicides? because every time I kill myself, I just end up back in this shithole
>Anonymous 09/11/16(Sun)11:46:10 No.31337502
>Quantum immortality is real, bro. Can you tell me your experience? Did you just die and "miraculously survive" again and again? >You aren't the first I heard that relayed this experience. You may have woken up in a parallel universe, though. Notice any changes in your real life?
>Anonymous 09/11/16(Sun)12:04:05 No.31337800
>I get these out off body experiences, sometimes I see people discovering my body and sometimes I'm stuck in the place I killed myself for what feels like ages, sometimes I float into outer space, and then I usually just come back to life the day after. Some small details like buildings are different, but it's usually exactly the same

I've read of other similar experiences on other forums and even talked to a guy about it once. Some people report seeing their own deaths in car accidents and suddenly waking up with minor injuries.
>>
>>18116514
rolling
>>
File: Idjit .jpg (82KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Idjit .jpg
82KB, 500x500px
>>18117197
Again you have no evidence, probably just belief and a "faith" in something else
No Afterlife.
No Reincarnation.
Your time is Now.
Live it.
>>
>>18113304
Look at Ian Stevenson's shit
>>
Oblivion can only be filled.
>>
>>18114730
You are living in the moment? What's wrong with that? People strive to do that.
>>
I don't get the people who are scared of oblivion. There is nothing scary about it.
>>
File: angle1_36489_lg[1].gif (19KB, 1024x795px) Image search: [Google]
angle1_36489_lg[1].gif
19KB, 1024x795px
>>18114670
I also believe in angles, they helped me find my inner Pythagoras
>>
>>18118940
The problem is memory. The problem is sense of self. The problem is that my current sense of time is stratified by mortality; I am not meant, nor am I prepared, to live forever. I don't even want to. People strive to live in the moment- not to live for all successive moments. At least, those who have their chickens in order.

It would probably hurt. Not even necessarily in the physical sense.

Have you ever lived a thousand years? On Earth? I'd feel like a fish out of water at around year 200.
>>
>>18113304
Do you remember how comfy you were before you were born?
Well, that's where you go back to.
Never fear.
>>
according to how you define afterlife, there is both an afterlife and there is not.

When a body dies, there is no afterlife for that body.
It dissovles into its elements and is never born again as the body that it used to be.

Other bodies will continue being born after death though, and new experiences are lived through them. They are different bodies than those who have died, but share the same soul.
the soul is always there, and that is what we really are.
we are not our bodies. our bodies are the just the medium through which the soul can live.

The fear of death stems from the fear that you have not lived.
>>
>>18120121

Before I was born, I did not exist
Before I died, I did exist

The question is where do we go, what do wewe experience?

Because for me, it makes no sense to feel a state in which feeling cannot occur, nor can I experience a state where there are no experiences.

To not exist is to not be aware, and there is always information to be aware about. Even a void is something.

Nothingness is an abstract concept, because it is paired with somethingness. There may not be object X in your closet, but there is something else in it (object Y)
>>
>>18121181

And in saying "remember how you were before birth", you imply that that feeling before birth was an experience in which you were aware in. I don't remember because I was not able to make observations, but now I can make observations and I am aware of myself
>>
>>18121189
You're not aware of yourself when sleeping or passed out
>>
>>18121209

why do we remember our dreams? what about lucid dreaming? plus, i exist before and after sleep/passing out
>>
>>18121230
What ABOUT lucid dreaming fagshit? Is it that hard to wrap your balls around not existing after death?
>>
>>18121438

Your the one claiming that sleep is a state of non-existence, so unless you have anything to contribute here, fuck off and find out whats after life for all anyone here cares, you little shit
>>
>>18113355
Good luck proving that, kid. Don't try to spew bullshit without verifiable proof.
>>
To me, it makes no sense to have consciousness only to lose it after death.

Why would we need consciousness to survive? Why would evolution sprout consciousness on us? Other organisms, such as microbes, seem to be doing fine without it. And other animals that lived alongside us, such as snakes and koalas, have had the same environment as us, so it wouldn't make sense as to why they wouldn't have a consciousness as developed as us when they have evolved with us closely

To not exist, as someone here put it, is to experience a "non-experience". At what point do you realize you no longer exist? It makes no sense to be aware of your loss of consciousness, or to feel a total emptiness as you'd still have to feel that

I believe in an afterlife, not because of religion, but because nothingness is a concept that isn't put into practice. Where you have nothing, you have something.
>>
If you can think or feel, then you exist. I have no idea what happens after death, but we won't be aware of anything after these two things cease. Therefore, we cannot truly perceive or experience death. Even the trip our brains send us through as we die ends eventually. In cases were the head is utterly destroyed and the brain has no time to start the trip, your guess is as good as mine. Once the brain ceases functioning, we will no longer exist. As I said before, however, we cannot experience non-existence. I don't know if this implies that we will continue to exist indefinitely in some form, or if our perception jumps to another reality. I guess there is only one real way to find out.
>>
>>18114730

>Either permanent rest or permanent being.

You're here now, pal, it's safe to say the "eternal" rest you were having before you came to be isn't forever.

Experiencing absolute nothingness is impossible.
>>
>>18118822
You also have no evidence that, we, the observer, cease to observe permenently after death. Please provide it.
>>
It makes no sense to experience nothingness.

It makes more sense to be something rather than nothing.

Its somewhat logical. If theres one thing that absolutely nothing can skip out on, its logic. Logic is the ultimate "rule" of the universe, higher than any science, because it deals with existence itself
>>
I never believed in the afterlife, until one day when I was unconscious and heavily anesthetized. I had an old friend come to me, and warn me that someone we knew in college was in a dark place. He was summoning demons, and searching for knowledge to summon outsiders. We talked, and then I woke up. I wrote this off initially, but my wife told me that while she was waiting for me to come out of surgery in the waiting room, there was a strong scent which reminded her of said friend.
>>
>>18113304
Science teaches us that matter is never destroyed, it only takes different forms.
Energy=matter.
So you tell me ....
>>
>>18113374
what makes you so sure the time before the beginning is the same as the time after the end?
>>
>>18122615
because they are vaguely similar?
>>
"You", that being your perception, thoughts and feelings, personality, and all things associated with your consciousness, are the result of the activity of your brain. When your brain ceases to operate, what exists to perpetuate "you"? It is impossible to imagine what it would be like to experience nothing, but it doesn't logically follow that experience must endure forever. If that which would experience anything no longer exists, it is no mystery then that the experience of anything should stop.

Some years ago I looked into the supposed evidence of an afterlife, and not even the most basic fundamental hypotheses can be satisfied by the data. I'd like to entertain the idea of an afterlife as a sort of comfort, but there is no sound reason for believing in such a thing. You didn't exist before you were born, and you likely won't exist in any conscious form after your brain dies.
>>
everyone keeps dying, definitely not feeling that enthused about life. guess i will hang around for shits n giggles.
>>
>>18122649
you don't know, millions of ndes.
>>
welcome to heaven motherfuckers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o4Rgkfsyjc
>>
>>18122665
NDE: Near Death Experience. Emphasis on near.
>>
>>18122693
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SzrYSYIK4Y
>>
>>18122702
have you died, do you know?
>>
>>18122665
Tell you what, when Abraham Lincoln or Ludwig van fucking Beethoven come back from their near death experiences, I'll start paying attention.
>>
>>18113304
there has been so much proof of the afterlife, how can you deny this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnXxC-nVsJY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of2O-_aZR-g
>>
>>18122707
If you mean clinical death, I wouldn't qualify that. The heart stopping for a few minutes doesn't necessarily mean the brain is going to degrade and become incapable of operation. If, on the other hand, you're suggesting that a reasonable case for an afterlife can be made on the basis that no one living to discuss the issue has ever completely died, you should really consider the ramifications of such a logical framework.
>>
>>18122707

are you a god. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb5-LLQ3FjY
>>
>>18122736
I've seen enough weird shit, to wonder.
>>
>>18122752
and I can't shake all of sciences mistakes.
>>
File: mora.jpg (414KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mora.jpg
414KB, 900x900px
>>18122612
This is nonsense. If I smash my computer to smithereens, it ceases to compute. It can't possibly compute. Same with pretty much everything else, including bodies - when a body dies and decomposes it's utterly incapable of being alive, by definition. The mind is no different. Consciousness isn't energy, it's the result of it and matter configured in a certain way (i.e. a living functioning brain.) No brain, no mind.

Your "argument" is essentially circular, assuming that consciousness is some form of immaterial energy and then dubiously ascribing some law of physics to it to reach the conclusion that it is some immaterial eternal form of energy. The "energy" of your brain still exists in the matter of your brain when you die, to be inevitably eaten by various other organisms.

>>18121181
Have you ever undergone general anesthesia such as during a major surgery? You go unconscious and wake up what seems seconds later though hours have passed. It's entirely different than sleep, which is an altered state of consciousness.

During that time you have no experiences, and aren't aware. "You," your consciousness did not exist.
>>
>>18122763
every time they are sure they have it figured out, some shit pops up.
>>
>>18122769
just face it were all retarded.
>>
>>18122769
>every time they are sure they have it figured out

Wow those imaginary scientists in your mind that have no resemblance to reality sure are dumb! Good thing we have you here to inform us.

Dumbass.
>>
>>18122784
and have no idea whats going on.
>>
>>18122790
You speak only for yourself, and I believe you.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHSgY_VfG6Q
>>
>>18122796
oh,i think i could dig up a couple people who don't know everything.
>>
>>18122810
Are you equating "don't know everything" with "have no idea what's going on"?
>>
here is better volume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybrY9JWVBv4
>>
>>18122820
people have a history of thinking they know whats going on, and fucking up everything, looking back later and saying maybe we were wrong.
>>
>>18122831
I'm not even sure how your original train of thought related to this thread, but now you've watered it all the way down to "people make mistakes sometimes". You point is well acknowledged and wholly mundane. What are you trying to infer?
>>
>>18122854
if you don't see it, I can't give it to you. hehe
>>
>>18122862
Vague drivel masquerading as riddle. You must think I'm new to the internet or something.
>>
>>18122862
whatever, if your just gonna keep attacking me i'm leaving. i'm fine with death.
>>
>>18113374
Fuck me, never thought of it that way
Thanks man
>>
>>18122884
just trying to help, but if you want to be ass.
>>
>>18113304
There is no oblivion, my child. What you will find after, will leave you in awe and wonder. Life anew, but a continuation of it. I ride the cycle to the end of the break and beyond.
>>
>>18122649
You have no clue if we have been an observer before this life or not, you also have no clue if nothingness succeeds death, chances are it doesn't.

You either have eternal nothingness or eternal consciousness, you can't have both.
>>
File: lain.jpg (106KB, 680x700px) Image search: [Google]
lain.jpg
106KB, 680x700px
>>
basically, were all fucking retarded. try to keep from killing each other till after i die peacefully in comfy covers. 10-15 yrs.
>>
>>18122887
Don't, that's stupid to think that. You need to have lived in order to die.
>>
>>18122960
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6tIf8ZWSFc
>>
>>18113304
There's no such thing as a soul, so naturally, an afterlife isn't possible.
>>
Let's all love Lain!
>>
>>18122949

>You have no clue if we have been an observer before this life or not
No memory, argument, or evidence to support this could be considered a pretty decent clue. Kind of like the clue I have that Russell's teapot doesn't exist.

>you also have no clue if nothingness succeeds death, chances are it doesn't.
I'm a long way from the first person to see the effects of death on a person. I'm also one of many people who understand enough about neurology to connect consciousness to brain activity. Evidence shows that nothingness does indeed succeed death, for those who die.

>You either have eternal nothingness or eternal consciousness, you can't have both.
Absolute nonsense.
>>
idk, i got 10 our so years to do, I don't give a shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNVWY5jUIbc
>>
>>18123055
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OlSqLH68Xs
>>
>>18123055
oh, what if i drag on forever. becoming old and frail, peeing all the time. lol
>>
>>18123049
Nonsense in what way? If there was eternal nothingness then that's exactly what it would be, granted we wouldn't be around to experience it firsthand. We are here, alive and observing, we came out of that "nothingness" you think awaits us after death. You can't say for a fact that we can't/don't come out of that same nothingness which preceded us.

Also, why would you remember anything if the body you observe from is gone? That doesn't mean you can't be an observer again, however.
>>
>>18123128
Nonsense in that you don't have a basis for concluding the dichotomy. You leave no room for consciousness being temporal and therefore temporary. There isn't even anything of substance for me to disassemble there. The most you have are statements of "You can't say for fact...", as if that should be compelling. Again, Russell's teapot. Also I think your understanding of consciousness and "nothingness" is begging the question in more ways than one. I don't believe that "nothingness" awaits us after death; I believe our consciousness no longer persists after death. Your conjectures are derived from vacuum.
>>
>>18123224
You're talking to a crack addict. If gambling and sex can be addictions, then so can be religion. Religious worship and activities create huge dopamine surges in the brains of believers, there's evidence for religion being a drug.

Priests and other proselytizers are drug dealers and the religious are addicts. Everything makes sense from this point of view: to disillusion them from their belief cuts off the drug, so they will maintain belief and their religious high at all costs. Logic, evidence, and reason are all thrown out the window.
>>
If you don't know if there's an afterlife,
how can you know if there's not?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o4Rgkfsyjc

i hope your doing well this morning.
>>
>>18123426
motherfuckers.
>>
I can get on board with being a vessel and there being an afterlife and all of that. Even reincarnation or transferring your soul to another body in a different parallel universe.

I just want to know if I'll lose all my memories when it happens.
>>
>>18124004

Whatever your higher self prefers.

Tip: the norm is a partial confuse
>>
>>18113304
Oblivion exists but it exists within existence. There is really just existence, dreams without end. Well there is the singularity of bliss known as Moksha aka Nirvana also.
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.