[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cryptids in Australia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

Hi /X/ ausfag here. I was talking to a guy I know a few months back and he told me when he was a teenager he was chased by a creature. He said it was bipedal and had hooves. He didn't get a good look at it but did hear it screaming. He said it almost sounded human. This happened in Hay NSW about 30 years ago. Has anyone had any similar experiences? Also General Australian cryptids thread.
>>
OP here. Gonna try and green text it while we wait. First time green texting so might be shit.
>>
>Be him
>Be 15
>walking to granddads place with friend
>getting late, sun setting
>decide to cut through neighbours paddocks
>walking through first paddock and notice the sound of hooves
>the farm didn’t have any live stock
>Friend and him stop and listen
>realise it’s not the sound of an animal trotting but the sound of something walking on two legs
>clop clop, clop clop, clop clop,
>this freaks them out a bit so they keep walking
> get to the first fence. Three paddocks in total
>>
>climb over the barb wire fence, assume whatever they heard wouldn’t be able to get past the fence
> sun has set now. Nearly pitch black
> notice a faint sound. Clop clop, clop clop,
>it’s past the fence.
>this really freaks them out so they start to Jog
>the thing starts to speed up too. Can hear it getting closer.
>fuckthis.jpeg
>start sprinting, the thing does too.
>reach the fence to the third paddock.
> jump over it, leg cut on barbed wire but who gives a fuck
>>
File: ttzerx1xyd0kdkfi8g03.jpg (31KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
ttzerx1xyd0kdkfi8g03.jpg
31KB, 620x470px
>keep sprinting through the field
>feels like it’s only a few metres behind
>can’t look back, too scared
>can see granddads place, only a small stretch of land between neighbour and his place
>jump the fence out of the farm and run to granddads
>6 foot tin fence on his property line, jump it like a Mexicunt jumping great wall of trump.
>run up to back door.
>hear a loud crash where we jumped the fence. It’s fucking bent.
>Creature screams the worst sound I’ve heard in my life.
>>
Don't they call that a yowie in upside down bongland?
>>
File: morphy1.jpg (173KB, 1023x800px)
morphy1.jpg
173KB, 1023x800px
supposed 'elephant humanoid'

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/04/the-saga-of-the-narrabeen-elephant-monster/
>>
>>18112092
Probably the love child of a Aussie and one of their sheep.
>>
>STREWTH.

was it Alf Stewart?

seriously though, that's freaky.
did their grandfather say anything like that ever happened before?
>>
>>18112321
If it was Alf Stewart he would have raped them. He didn't say anything about it but had warned them to stay out of that neighbors paddock. But that was cause they were Ass holes.
>>
>>18112328

Duncan finally got out of Al'd Dungeon, and back to the bay.
that doughy faced bint Tabitha is deffo next up for the dungeon, she's a right arsewipe.

why is it always ungulates, hooven/cloven footed creatures. hippopotami, goats...of the bipedal genus.
>>
>>18112377
Alf's, even. stone the flamin' crows.
>>
>>18112178
is there anywhere safe.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (51KB, 465x620px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
51KB, 465x620px
''comfy.''
FUCKING COMFY?!
>>
One time I went for a bush walk and the faint smell of petrol caught my nose. As I followed the scent for a few k's, a rumbling voice suddenly echoed through the trees, exclaiming "Hey white cunt get off moi land racist dawg!!!"
>>
Didn't I read something once about a "Mr. Hoad" of Adelaide who found the corpse of a weird animal, with a headless trunk and a clawlike appendage?
>>
>>18112092
Well you have the sightings of big cats - not too exciting but almost confirmed. I believe at least a breeding pair of cougars were released at the end of WW2.
But black pantheres seem to be the most common.

Theres the Tasmanian Tiger too, which my grandad swears black and blue to having seen (on the mainland too)
>>
>>18112300
Nah, that's something else entirely.
We've got a lot of fucked shit down here, mate.
>>
>>18112650
>which my grandad swears black and blue to having seen (on the mainland too)
Everyone who spends a great deal of time in the bush has a story of having seen one, especially our older blokes, but the hard part is fucking catching them to give to those science blokes so they can make sure they stay alive this time.
Downright fucking sad about the last one we had in zoos.
>>
File: thylacine.jpg (74KB, 634x369px)
thylacine.jpg
74KB, 634x369px
>>18113528
Why do we gotta kill all the cool animals?
>>
>>18113547
Human needs first, I guess.
Even though in this case, by and large, the tassie tiger literally dindu nuthin and foxes and wild dogs were to blame for disappearing chickens.
But, due to fucking newspaper cunts, everyone still went out and killed them to shit.
Shit's fucked.

We should have domesticated some of them while still having a wild population, rather than making them "extinct".
>>
File: 1433737229712.png (58KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1433737229712.png
58KB, 240x200px
>>18113560
I think there was an initiative for captive breeding when we realized "oh shit we killed almost all of them" but it failed for some reason, I think I remember hearing that they did not breed well in captivity
>mfw I will never get to have a domesticated Tasmanian tiger
>>
>>18113576
>they did not breed well in captivity
Not at all.
More work could have been done to keep them alive, but it was long before we had much experience in keeping shit alive rather than murdering it.
We've still got fucking heaps of trouble getting pandas to breed.
Last thylacine died due to human negligence, too.

>>mfw I will never get to have a domesticated Tasmanian tiger
You're telling me, anon.
Closest is a fucking dingo, but you've gotta be a very active person with a large lot of land to keep them from getting cooped up.
Think of having a dog who needs to run and attack shit all the time, they're not vicious, they just get bored easy.
>>
>>18113547
It's like why do we have to destroy all the great empires?
>>
>>18112092
Ah, Black Sheep. Such a great shitty movie.

Anyway, as for cryptids in AU, I've heard lots of stories involving fleshgaits.
>>
Anyone seen any decent cryptid footage from Aus out there?
>>
>>18113581
closest thing would probably be actually more like a bandicoot or a quoll
>>
>>18112092
Was talking about this with a guy a few days ago- I saw a big cat on a mate's farm up in northern Queensland a few years back. I was sitting pretty far away from it, but it wasn't hidden or anything. It was prowling along the fence line, completely out in the open.

The guy I was talking to suggested it was an overgrown wild cat, but honestly it was enormous. I'd guess roughly puma sized, and not completely black like some of the pictures I've seen. It was more mottled black/ dark brown.
>>
>>18112178
How did he know it was hoofs? And how did he know the number of hoofs it had? How do you know he's not full of shit?
>>
I lived in a house that backed onto a golf course in southern NSW, one night I saw a big creature over the fence, like I startled it, it could of been a human, but everything about it seemed off. A bit too big, gait not human, reacted like a stalled creature, not a human. It ran off into the dark and that was that.
>>
And I've always wondered if Australia had the equivalent of skinwalkers or whatever, I heard of bunyips and yowies, and I vaguely recall stories from school of a car load of kids who went camping and they all swore they were terrorised by a monster or demon
>>
>>18116270
Australia used to have huge marsupial cats, but they went extinct like the rest of the mega fauna. However, there are sightings that match the descriptions of those cats in queensland dating back to colonial times.
I honestly wouldnt be surprised if there are still some around, considering how vast and unpopulated the queensland forests and the forests here in south west wa are
>>
>>18116270
How far North?
>>
>>18116110
No.

Unless you're a complete retard there is no way to mistake the two.
>>
>>18116393
Everywhere has those, you dumb cunt.

Every continent.
>>
>>18116388
Humans ARE creatures.

We're animals, too.
>>
Wow. Just read up on the Tasmanian Tiger, I'm pretty sure those fuckers still exist. No confirmed sightings but there is enough anecdotal evidence to suggest it.
>>
>>18116487
Really? Got a source for that mate? What's their distribution and density around the globe?
>>
File: 1448142802945.gif (889KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
1448142802945.gif
889KB, 500x286px
>>18112377
I literally understood fucking zero of want you meant to say. Were you having a stroke?
>>
>>18117406
Go out and look for yourself.

Lmao, you expect me to be scientifically accurate about their population?

You are retarded.

Nobody knows the exact number, but it's common knowledge that they're everywhere.

I'm talking about fleshgaits, by the way.
Although this place seems to still like using skinwalker, which is inaccurate.

You only have to look to find your source, but you're too fucking stupid.

If you don't believe in them you shouldn't even reply.
>>
>>18117438
I think they meant Al's Dungeon*

Doughy-faced bint is probably a baby-faced or round faced bitch.

The last part about why is it always ungulates, etc. I don't know.
>>
>>18112320
No, only Kiwis do that.
>>
>>18116110
>>18113581
closest thing would be a tassie devil, but I have yet to see a "domesticated" one
>>
>>18117488
They're dying in the wild, too.
>>
>>18116451
>marsupial cats
No, just cat-like marsupials
>>
>Australian thread full of shitposters

Never would have guessed
>>
>>18117406
>>18117463
Everywhere has fleshgaits, but true skinwalkers are pretty much exclusive to the Four Corners states and Nevada. Sure they can potentially be anywhere a Navajo is but I digress.
>>
>>18118009
No shit.

Skinwalkers is a term from Native Americans and it's something specifically in their culture.

No doubt creepy, evil shapeshifters are everywhere, too, but not called a skinwalker.
>>
>>18118009
Nowhere has fleshgaits. The name was made up in a thread on /x to delineate the spoopy monster in all the 'skinwalker' scaryspaghettis from the actual Injun skinwalker
>>
>>18118329
No, you're fucking retarded.

There IS a fucking creature out there that is being miscalled a skinwalker.
>>
>>18118329
>scaryspaghetti
>>
>>18116375
Hooves make quite a distinct sound which is how I assume he knew. Also when you hear a horse galloping you can hear all four steps at different times. And he might have been full of it. He usually doesn't lie but who knows. That's why I was asking if anyone else had similar experiences
>>
just an abbo prolly
>>
>>18118536
Out in the boonies, probably.
>>
Are Abbos real? What are some legends? Is it just some shrimp on the barbie Crocodile Dundee bullshit>>18118536
>>
>>18116451
>tfw abbos killed off a lot of mega fauna using their stupid hunting technique
>>
>>18118643
.....what exactly do you think an abbo is?
>>
>>18118362
Ok, got proof?
>>
>>18118745
How about literally an entire folklore about them that is well documented to this day by a very real and alive Indian tribe?
>>
>>18116487
I think that other anon meant that abbo culture was fairly similar to injuns
>>
>>18117494
That's what happens when they give eachother mouth and thyroid cancer
>>
does anyone remeber Blue??
he had some good stories. shame i didn't cap em`.
>>
>>18118643
>Are Abbos real?
They're as real as niggers.
They're just the natives.
>>
Good to see an Australian thread, I used to make them every now and again with all the screencaps I had dating back to 2011 roughly but they never got much attention.

>>18118988
I used to have them before a hard drive crash on my old computer. I'll see if I can find them, I have a backup somewhere.
>>
>>18119715
>all the screencaps I had dating back to 2011 roughly but they never got much attention.
I would absolutely love to see them, I'm an Aussie too and am hoping to see some accounts of happening that may be like those I've experienced.
>>
>>18116482
Nobody mentioned mistaking a Tasmania tiger for one of these animals, biologically and behaviorally a dingo is not even a distant relative of a tassie tiger, you fucking degenerate. Even a kangaroo is a closer relative.
L2reading comprehension
>>
>>18119739
I never said dingo, you fucking autist.

They said they could be mistaken for a bandicoot or quoll, which is fucking wrong.
>>
>>18113547
good news, a few days ago one was filmed in a garden
>>
>>18120072
Gonna provide sauce?
>>
>>18120072
So do you have the footage?
Would like to see it.
>>
>>18112321
It's struth, not strewth. It means God's truth.
>>
>>18112092
Is that a goat?
>>
>>18121077
Weresheep. It's from a movie called Black Sheep (not the one with Chris Farley). A really good really shitty movie. The director tried for about the first half and then just decided "Fuck it, let's get crazy."
>>
>>18120076
>>18120210
Looks like bullshit the

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3773765/Thylacine-thought-extinct-caught-camera-South-Australian-backyard.html
>>
File: 1454714551876.png (174KB, 968x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1454714551876.png
174KB, 968x1017px
I reckon for sure there is some shit here. So much land that hasn't been touched for years. Plenty of abo folklore as well.

The radio conversation with the bloke who ran out of fuel driving through the Pilliga Forest is scary shit, true or not. http://bitey.com/pilliga/
>>
>>18123229
>http://bitey.com/pilliga/
Holy shit. Hearing that complete breakdown happen.
>>
>>18113560
If you listen to and read stories from farmers and trappers who had contact with them (see Col Bailey & Mike Williams' interviews) they often got caught in the act of killing livestock. I don't know where this dindu nuffin pr campaign came from.

I honestly believe the tiger is still out there clinging to existence, though definitely not on the mainland.
>>
>>18123516
It's more that it wasn't JUST the tassie tiger, as was told at the time.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.