[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep Paralysis Experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 22

File: face licker.jpg (3MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
face licker.jpg
3MB, 1500x1500px
Talk about sleep paralysis.

What enables the brain to create the monstrous creatures some see during an episode?
>>
I believe they are visitors from another dimension. Your brain recognises the energy in the state of paralysis but cannot process a visual. Therefore your brain creates an image to place with the energy. I've seen shadow people while conscious so I think sleep paralysis visuals are just shadow people morphing into other forms in your minds interpretation
>>
I'm not sure OP, but the last time I had sleep paralysis I saw teletubbies with blood pouring out of their mouths standing in the corners of my rooms.
>>
>>18111612

was it your blood, a family members blood, or a neighbors blood?
>>
desu i saw a grey alien move his hand and then a huge fucking eye look down on me while my ears were filled with technological sound. tbqh after that my whole life has changed
>>
>>18111617
Family members.
>>
>>18111624
You were abducted.
>>
I usually don't see things as much as I hear and feel them. Sometimes I see blurry, shadowy figures, but more than that, I've felt things like hands running along my thighs, poking and pinching me, fiddling with my necklace, etc. and I've heard really loud voices speaking gibberish. It's always scary as fuck.
>>
>>18111635
Why are you wearing necklaces to bed, that's a health hazard...
>>18111592
Well you're half-awake, half-asleep. You are conscious of your body but your mind is still in dreamy land, to put it very simply. I have seen things that I'm sure I experienced spirits or entities that live in different dimensions though. I've also been raped lol. By an entity or incubus or whatever. Twice, when I was 14. He never came back after I found it kind of hot.
>>
>>18111629
honestly either that or sleep paralysis. i shit myself and ran out of my room. I couldnt move my body just my head and once i saw the arm of the grey alien i forced my body and then looked up and saw a huge fucking colorful eye look at me and blink and when i closed my eye i still saw it perfectly all while fucking technological sound was playing in both ears (dial up noise of a phone and computer noises) at this point i fucking bolted out my room, jumped all way down stairs and started crying my eyes out
>>
The first time I've ever had sleep paralysis was very bizarre. I stayed at a friends house, but during my stay, found out that another mutual friend of ours had committed a rape in the upstairs bathroom.

When I fell asleep, the dream was much more vivid than usual. In fact, I hardly remember any of my dreams before or since. Anyway, we were sleeping in the living room, and in this "dream" all of the objects fell off of the living room table, and formed the shape of a reverse pentagram, glowing pink, and held together almost magnetically on the floor. A friend of mine sits up in a trance, and feels the need to point out the pentagram, but at this point, i feel that it's simply a dream, and disregard it and go back to sleep.

Once that happened, almost immediately, I felt something standing over my body. There was nothing but the silhouette of a man standing out against the almost pitch blackness of the room. I could feel the presence, but saw no features.

The moment I noticed that something wasn't right, an androgynous voice whispered "lucifer" in my ear. It seemed more like a warning than anything.

Being a Christian, I disregarded the entity entirely, and put my faith in Christ. That seemed to piss off whatever it was, as from that point on, all i remember was seeing a big orange vortex. I felt a warmth in the center of my stomach that was almost pleasant, but i awoke, completely frozen. I couldn't speak, I couldn't move.
>>
>>18111592
Kind of like the opposite of sleepwalking. You're mind is awake but your body asleep, so you're dreaming while being awake kind of.

It's like in dreams the part of your brain that controls movement shuts off, so you can't move when you're walking in a dream. This means you can send signals to other parts of your brain to make your dream-avatar move, but it doesn't translate to physical movement and you stay still. In sleepwalking there's a mix up and you're in half-state where you can see and your brain starts controlling your movement again and you walk around easily while incorporating the surrounding into your dream. In sleep paralysis you can see, but now you're in a state where your brain doesn't send the right signals to your body so you're completely paralyzed. This creates panic and that panic is incorporated into your dream by manifestations of fear and anxiety.
>>
>>18111655
I told the owner of the house, and he seemed as if he wanted to avoid the conversation. About a week later, he tells me about this story where multiple people have seen this apparition in his house, and he feels uncomfortable whenever it's spoken about. Evidently, it takes the shape of a man with a hat, wearing a pin-stripe suit.

I have no idea what the fuck happened. All of this happened prior to my experimentation with psychedelics, with no history of any type of delusion or schizophrenia. I'm aware that it is highly unlikely that "lucifer" felt the need to attack me, but I just don't know what else to think.

The entire experience is reminiscent of a far less abstract DMT trip.
>>
Ive had sleep paralysis twice in my life both ended with me trying to fight some demon.

First time i woke up with a pale looking being hovering over me. stared eye to eye with it for a bit then threw an uppercut at it and that was the end of it.

Second time was a few months later and the same pale skinny bastard hovering over me (albeit a bit farther back) I couldnt move at all this time so i just spat at the fuck. Haven't had it since.
>>
Do you think the visitors are real beings or hallucinations?
>>
>>18111675
I think they're real, or perhaps they're both.

Maybe there's an entity there, but what you see is a personalized experience?
>>
>>18111685
That's what think. I went over it in my first post
>>18111607
>>
>>18111644

I live life on the edge.
>>
>>18111674
>i couldnt move
>i spat

bruh
>>
>>18111689
Fuck off.
>>
I haven't even been seeing anything recently but when I'm going to sleep I can feel my body start to paralyze and it's annoying as shit. Doesn't happen often but I don't know why it starts doing it before I'm asleep.
>>
>>18111711

The same thing happens to me, and I haven't had sleep paralysis in years because of it. I think it's because you're aware of what that feeling means, so you notice it more.
>>
Does anyone else sometimes vibrate when paralysed?
>>
>>18111728
Yes. When I'm coming in or out of awareness/dream-state
>>
How can one induce sleep paralysis, though?
And don't tell me I don't want it, I know what I want for me. Just tell me how to get it.
>>
>>18111766

It varies from person to person. For me, it seemed to happen the most when sleeping on my back, and when I was really tired.

Scientifically speaking, SP usually happens when there's less oxygen going to your brain, so sleeping in a position that would cut off the oxygen supply slightly should probably do it. But honestly, unless you like being immobile and mute while otherworldly demons exact their wicked ways on your body, you really DON'T want it.
>>
>>18111766
Sleep on your back.
>>
>>18111592
i've had sleep paralysis before and it's never been scary. it's a feeling of comfort, and i hear voices sweetly talking to me
>>
>>18111766
Sleep completely under your covers. I have s childish habit of sleeping like that and I always end up getting sleep paralysis.
>>
>>18111766
I can't really say, it's difficult, had for a long time, but it stopped when I was like 12 and I haven't had it since except for a couple of time. I'll try to give the best advice I can though.

Stay up really fucking late. You want to be utterly exhausted, pulling an all-nighter (or two if you have the willpower) will help. Don't hesitate to load up on caffeine during that time as well, you want to be as strung up as possible so that can only help. When you actually go to sleep I've heard many things about what you should do. There's a sort of consensus that you should lay totally still and not even scratch. Having some stress in your life might help, though simulating this would be tough, just try to be as unstable as possible.

Really though it's mostly up to luck. If you haven't had it before it's not likely to start affecting you all of the sudden, and all the steps in the world won't help too much. My suggestions would up the chance, but I definitely don't make any guarantees. Obligatory disclaimer: it will be quite jarring the first time.
>>
I've tried sleeping on my back, on irregular times, after pulling an all-nighter and being dead-tired. The only result is me sleeping as a rock for 14 hours straight. I've also tried taking caffeine pills before going to sleep, but there was no effect at all.
I might try sleeping fully under the covers, hope I don't suffocate to death or something.
>>
>>18111808
It probably ain't gonna happen. You just aren't predisposed to it. I think you need some stress.
>>
>>18111814
If I get into even more stress than I already am, suffocating to death starts to sound like a good option.
But maybe I really don't have the predisposition to have sleep paralysis, maybe something genetic, idk.
>>
>>18111828
Yeah, I do think it's just the way the brain develops at the end of the day. I wouldn't waste my whole life sleep-depriving myself for the off-chance that I get a result, if I were you.
>>
File: 1412655928141.gif (2MB, 294x232px) Image search: [Google]
1412655928141.gif
2MB, 294x232px
It happened recently for the first time in a long time.

Someone i used to be friends with died many months ago. We hadnt been close in over 10 years, so it wasnt really a big deal.

Maybe a month or so later I had an episode of sleep paralysis (the first i had remembere in quite some time)where a dark figure was standing at my bedside like had happened many times before, but I thought at that moment that it may be him.

It starting mimicking playing the guitar, which was something my old friend was known for. I still wonder if it was just my mind or if he actually came to visit me in some form after life.
>>
Been having sleep paralysis regularly since I was in 6th grade. It's really not that bad but uncomfortable.

Sometimes this unshakeable sense of dread completely washes over you and that is absolutely terrifying. Half of your mind knows it's just your brain fucking with you and the other half is praying for it to end.

The first time I had sleep paralysis I felt a demon standing over me and breathing on me. I felt completely disturbed to my core and couldn't sleep for days as I had truly thought I was visited by a demon. I even read my bible that night. I chilled out once I looked it up and realized there was a scientific reason behind it.

Sometimes it can mind fuck you. Once in high school I had sleep paralysis and my mom came in to wake me up for school telling me I was late. I was trying to twitch and somehow signal I couldn't move but she closed the door right after my chihuahua came in the room. My dog jumped on the bed and snuggled with me and I suddenly snapped out of it and realized it was midnight on a weekend and nobody was there.

Another time I woke up paralyzed and was chilling trying to ride out the storm when I heard a witches cackle and started freaking the fuck out.

Once I managed to kinda roll myself off the bed and wake up but I'm not sure if that was a dream.

And yes I have it so often that I even dream about sleep paralysis. I got plenty of stories.
>>
>>18111766
Sleep on your back, seriously every time I wake up and realize I'm on my back sleep paralysis hits immediately.

They say if you go back to sleep instead of fighting it you will lucid dream but I usually just want to snap out of it. It's uncomfortable as fuck

Also let you sleeping schedule get out of whack.
>>
File: d1236.png (140KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
d1236.png
140KB, 368x368px
I've had this happen a bunch of times before but I want to share my scariest one with you guys. About 6 years ago I was sleeping in my room, doors closed and lights off. Nothing was really out of the ordinary except it was absolutely pitch black since the sky that night was choked by clouds. So I get into bed, throw my blankets over me, and I drift off to sleep. Keep in mind I sleep on my stomach but sometimes I move around and end up on my back instead. After what feels like a little while I suddenly become "conscious" but I know I'm still in a dream since there was this groggy effect and I couldn't control my movements. I look around and I'm standing up in a room and this lamia or whatever a snake lady is called with curly dirty blonde hair comes out of the black and tries to entice me with her body. I clearly remember trying my hardest to deny her it since she was obviously was some evil as fuck creature who would do God knows what to me. She gets really pissed off at me and lashes out and we're transported to some weird as hell floating platform dimension where she's on the far right and I'm on the far left. I got this rush of adrenaline and anger, I just wanted her to fuck off so I jump the platforms and once I get to her I launch myself at her and then I am immediately woken up. My body is in the sarcophagus-style except my arms were next to the sides of my ribs. I was completely immobile, I couldn't move anything other than my eyes no matter how hard I tried and I also couldn't breathe.
1/2
>>
>>18111921
I looked around the room and after what just happened previously I'm filled with energy so I need to breathe. I remember thinking "Holy fuck I'm about to die people are going to find me dead in my house, in my bed and they'll chalk it up to medical problems". I started crying inside but then I got a rush of clarity and thought "No, no I'm not going to die like this", I was screaming in my mind and trying to move my hardest, if you don't know what that feels like imagine being locked in something like an iron maiden. After trying to flail around for like 10 seconds my mouth flings open and I got this HUGE rush of air in my lungs that I didn't even do myself, I knew it was my body's primal instinct to get air. I threw myself up after gaining control and I dashed over to the light switch. I turn it on and nothing is there. Just me panting against the wall thinking "What the actual fuck just happened?"

That event scarred me for the rest of my life and I'll never forget it.
2/2
>>
File: 1411066186830.jpg (336KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
1411066186830.jpg
336KB, 1280x848px
>>18111904
Ive had it happen since I was very young too. I got used to it after 20 years or so now and had started trying to lash out at the things id see when it happened. Granted I cant move, I felt as if I could inch towards them if I tried hard enough. It hadnt been intimidating any more when I showed aggression towards the things I perceived.
It hasnt happened to me for a long time until
>>18111876

This and dreams fascinate me. Its unfathomable that our minds most likely just create these other realities so intricately in dreams, and terrifies itself when vulnerable in sleep paralysis.
>>
Does knowing that it's sleep paralysis, and therefore not real, lower the amount of fear experienced? Or is it like a primal fear you can't control that's coming from your amygdala?
>>
>>18111944
You can overcome the fear. It is a primal fear like you said, theres an anger or strength or something inside yourself though thats stronger than it is. Its just your fear, you can overcome it.
>>18111937
I would imagine it will evolve though and catch you off-guard infrequenntly still. Your mind will find always find way to scare itself.
>>
>>18111655
>I could feel the presence, but saw no features.
That is the strangest feeling. One of my bouts of sleep paralysis had me lying in bed in a completely jet-black room and I felt the door swing open. Obviously I didn't see it but I just KNEW it happened, then some being came over to me, picked me up so I was facing the floor, and then said my name twice. My body was limp the entire time. The most petrifying thing about that was it sounded like my father and I remember saying "Dad?" and then waking up. Maybe it sounded like my dad because he used to pick me up like that when I was younger if I felt asleep on the couch and he'd take me to my room.
>>
File: crying-aby-with-hands-on-head.jpg (19KB, 438x374px) Image search: [Google]
crying-aby-with-hands-on-head.jpg
19KB, 438x374px
>>18111958
>tfw when you think youre waking up and you hear your mom calling for you
>you slowly start gain consciousness
>you realize you haven't lived with your parents in 10 years
>you realize its happening again
>your moms voice starts laughing and rapidly gets closer to your useless, still body
>>
File: d2153.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
d2153.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
>>18111970
Why does your mind do that? It always turns happy thoughts into some dark hellscape.
>>
>>18111979
I dont know it fascinates me. Nightmares are testament to the duality of consciousness. There is a part of you, you subconscious, that wants to fuck with you. I used to have nightmares where the second i realized I was dreaming any character in my dream would attack me. I knew I wasnt alone in my head.

This is a very under appreciated facet of normal life.
>>
i was on a drinking binge and my body was pretty fucking weak

fell asleep, i thought i woke up and my roommate was sitting beside me chatting and the girl that lives above me was playing 4 to the floor tune increasingly loud, but it was actually only me in the room and the 4 to the floor sound was my heart. i woke up and turned my light off.

a few hours later, i woke up and i saw a figure in my room. again, i thought it was my roommate grabbing my phone charger which is bedside, but i looked up and it looked like an ominous cowboy.

throughout both experiences, i had a feeling of immeasurable horror and i think it actually expanded my imagination. cool psychological experience, but very scary in the moment.
>>
>>18111988
The right brain is blind and mute, but it feels and hears everything you do.

Look up people with split brains to fix epilepsy
Then look up the percentage of people born with missing brain parts
Then look up how much nutrients it actually takes to grow a functional adult

We're all mad here
>>
I have experienced being stuck in between a conscious and sleep state many times. I felt like I was being attacked by someone or something but I wasn't able to move my body in anyway. I usually try to yell loudly to wake myself up. I'm not sure whether this is supernatural or not.
>>
>>18111904
Not to scare you, but the "scientific explanations" sound like bullshit cop-outs. Many people witness the same entities and have similar experiences. There was a documentary about it (i forgot the name), but a number of people remember seeing a shadowy tall-masculine figure that was always depicted with a hat and accompanied by other entities, prior to learning anything about the "condition".

Also, research into DMT. It's supposedly the chemical that your brain produces to induce dreams. My first and only sleep-paralysis hallucination felt very similar to a DMT Trip, with less abstractions.

I don't think it's able to be written-off so easily.
>>
>>18112583
Important to note that people have also simultaneously had shared trips while on DMT, and have spoken with various types of complex life-forms.
>>
>>18111607
Can you describe your encounters with them while awake?
>>
File: image.jpg (780KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
780KB, 1600x1200px
>>18111992
>ominous cowboy.

Kek this is how I will refer to him from now on
>>
>>18111592
The brain cutting itself from the rest of the body while in a waking state tells itself that it's doing the worst decision ever. All the possible threats are realized before you.
>>
>>18111592
Protip: easiet way to wake up from sleep paralysis is just hold your breath til you wake up
>>
>>18112601
Sure. I was not sleeping well. Bit of insomnia. I walked out of my room and out of the bathroom ran out this shadow man past me. He was about 5 feet from me and had his face covered with what looked like his elbows. He was fast and hunched over. I tried talking to him after I settled down. I told him to come into me. After that I saw signs and things were moving as well as someone invisible clearly touched my back. That night when I finally got to sleep I had three separate episodes of sleep paralysis. Two of which were very comforting
>>
>>18112583
With the incredible similarity of human brains and the culture which we live in with common tropes, why do you suppose that people would not see similar hallucinations?
>>
I used to have this often.
It usually happened when I woke up from a deep sleep, stayed awake for about an hour, and went back to sleep.
The first time I ever got sleep paralysis was when I was 11, my mom took me over to my aunts house at like 6am and I was tired as fuck so I went back to sleep on her couch, with the TV on. After what I would say was about 30 mins I woke up completely paralyzed, I couldn't even scream but what was really fucking scary was that I could hear my thoughts through the tv. At that point I opened my eyes and I saw my aunt sitting next to me. Then I woke up completely and sat up, and she wasn't there
>>
So I've got a problem with sleep paralysis. It happens a lot. Never had shadow people WHILE in sleep paralysis. They're usually super-vivid things. I figured I'd try something new next time. I got it again last week. So I tried forcing out as much air from my lungs as I could and shaking myself. The fuckers hovering over me looked pretty spooped. And then, for a brief instant I was flying. And then awake on the floor. The reality of it was, I started gurgling and then fell off my bed. My cat was looking at me like "nigga what." Don't care, it worked and I haven't had sleep paralysis ALL WEEK.
>>
I've experienced sleep paralysis lately, my eyes we're wide open , did not see anything out of the ordinary but a very high pitch sound was present during the whole event.Any idea what it was?
>>
>>18112828
Vibrations.
That's what happens before you leave your body when you dream, I think
>>
as with all manner of 'scary monsters', they're basically abstract manifestations of our instinctial fear of real predators from our ancient past
>>
>>18112583
I've done DMT lol it has nothing to do with sleep paralysis.

Don't disregard science just because you want to believe in devils and fairies
>>
>>18111937
THIS. You can't move but you feel like you can inch towards things. Sometimes I focus on moving one appendage and suddenly your body just snaps in to motion
>>
>>18111592
It's a borderline sleep state. There is a part of the brain that becomes active, which literally paralyses your body so that you don't act out your dreams in your sleep. This part of the brain is active, while you are still awake and aware. The Monroe Institute defines this state as "Focus 10 - Mind Awake, Body Asleep".
>>
Ive had a lot of these as a child, for some reason almost always when I sleep on my back I get one. Some of them involved my dads socks talking to me and chasing me( idk man) or seeing multiple dopplegangers of my little brother. Most disturbing ones were when I had the windows uncovered and I could see faces on the window or when I saw some toy I hated chase me around the house. I was afraid to look on the window at night till I turned 12 and I also developed an instinct to automatically turn on my sides if I happen to stay on my back during sleep. spooky shit
>>
>Heard my wife returned from the office
>my wife walking upstairs going to our bedroom
>slightly opened my eyes and saw her at the door carrying our son
>had an idea to prank my wife that I'm having a nightmare
>i started moaning and screaming
>then suddenly my body can't move
>holy shit it's not my wife
>it's a black figure that is carrying something like a child too.
>nope
>screaming intensifies
>>
>>18111644

>raped by ghost

Ahh /x/. Our schizophrenic containment board
>>
>>18111645

Night terror.
Same thing happened to me. Except it was a train whistle right in my ears. Couldnt stop crying and felt weird for a good minute.
>>
In my dreams something paralyses me from time to time and it's always UFOs, luckily I know the aliens are demons so I began praying to Jesus and now it goes away.
>>
>>18111644
Post the rape story. I had something similar happen to me and idk if it was really an intruder or a transdimensional dream specter because it was dark and I was only 8. I'm a girl btw
>>
>>18113293
There are actually girls on /x/?
>>
I think its triggered when something scary happens in your dream that wakes you up, but you wake up too slow so you're still dreaming.

Last time I had one I dreamt a bee was in my ear and I could hear it loudly buzzing. I woke up afraid and stiff and I didn't want to move because I was afraid it would sting me
>>
The only time I've had sleep paralysis, I didn't see anything. I had just woken up, realized I couldn't move and started freaking out, and then remembered what sleep paralysis was and just thought "Huh. Neat". But apparently my mom suffered from it a lot as a kid and she said it would always be bugs and snakes swarming over her body. Pretty spoopy
>>
>>18113293
xD hey guys femanon here! :333
>>
File: shapeimage_8.png (192KB, 410x553px) Image search: [Google]
shapeimage_8.png
192KB, 410x553px
>>18111592
These words banish those entities (demons) and return full control to the person experiencing this:
"Blood of Jesus Christ be on me"
>>
>>18113331
Yes

>>18113460
Don't be an shit ass I just wished to hear anon story
>>
When that has happened to me i hear a lot of strange screams. Don't usually open the eyes but when i can, i see everything moving and even things colors mix together.
>>
>>18113217
>>18113356
Look up Exploding Head Syndrome. I get it while awake because of sudden traumatic hearing loss. But nomal people get it when half-asleep a lot I guess. It's not a disease or anything, just your brain misfiring and interpreting sound in a completely wrong way. Like tinnitus on steroids.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (2MB, 452x466px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
2MB, 452x466px
Had a lot of sleep paralysis when I was younger and had to sleep during the day. Before I understood what it was I saw some weirder shit, but after I got used to it, it wasn't as bad. I still got the rolling across the floor feeling. Anyway, your mind is awake, but not totally. Nothing paranormal about it.
>>
>>18111592
>What enables the brain to create the monstrous creatures some see during an episode?

The same thing that enablers people who write horror stories and movies, its called an imagination.
>>
>>18113533
Dubs don't lie
>>
>>18112974

Yeah a compound supposedly produced in the human brain during dreaming and death would have nothing to do with sleep paralysis.

Take a bigger dose next time, also its not scientific if you can't measure it and reliably reproduce it.
>>
>>18113293

You guys its cool, sometimes we have nightmares about scary things like getting raped. Its not paranormal unless you wake up with an asshole full of ectoplasm.
>>
>>18115666
>check'd

feelsbadman. One time I ended up pulling a looong fucking sort of ectoplasm-shit out of my throat. Not sure if that's sleep paralysis or what.... but yeah. That was one of the more traumatizing experiences.
>>
>>18111607
Cool.

Do you have any evidence to back this?
>>
>>18113533
Get thee behind me satan.
>>
>>18111592
When i was younger i was very impresionable and saw a tv program about aliens that terrified me a lot.
I already had sleep paralisis a lot of times (nothing unusual) but one i was sleeping on the sofa with a window open, cos my room was hot. So i wasnt sleep cos i could hear the sound of the street but i could move and i sensed some fingers touching my head, i was alone in the house. I sensed that i could open my eyes but i was fucking terrified.

Sleep terrors can be fuckers some times.
>>
Sleep paralysis happened when I attempted astral projection. I believe in sleep paralysis you are between the waking world and astral world which is why monsters and such can appear.
>>
File: whatthefuckdoesthatmean.jpg (25KB, 300x540px) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuckdoesthatmean.jpg
25KB, 300x540px
>>18111607
>>
>>18111592
Sleep paralysis is one step away from an OBE/ astral projection. If you can push past the fear and focus consciously to leave your vessel it can be achieved. The vibration you might feel during an episode is because there is a separation between your body and mind/soul/consciousness.

The creatures are entities feeding off your fear, they wish to keep you from realizing your innate power as an incarnated soul in the physical and can only exist so close to the physical because they leech energy from humans.
>>
>>18111592
I had this happen to me a year ago.

I was half awake and could hear a creepy moaning voice over me and couldnt move. Although the positive side was that I actually didnt feel scared but felt calm.

I remember blacking out and falling back to sleep
>>
I had a strange experience where I was in a dream, and some dream character said "salt room" and then immediately I woke up from my dream in my bed, feeling as if something was sitting on my chest. I opened my eyes, but I couldn't really move my body. A saw a figure, but it was it was more a strange outline of "energy" or something. It was see-through, but it formed a shape enough that resembled a tiny man. Kind of like the dummy from Goosebumps. Anyways, suddenly I hear a voice in my head. "What do you know of the salt room??" and I could easily make eye contact with this 'thing'. I was startled, but not actually scared. I shook my body and came into completely awakeness and the energy body disappeared. But.. because I was still tired I was able to lie back down and instantly go back into the half-dazed where I could see and feel the entity again. This time it just sat there looking at me, expecting an answer. Instead I just jolted myself awake.

It was a bizarre experience.
>>
Last night I woke up after a nightmare, I was paralyzed and scared. I knew something was behind the head of my bed but I couldn't move I strained until I don't know when I knocked out again but when I woke up my back and legs were sore from how hard I tried to move them.
>>
prewrittten

I used to have it every night for WEEKS.

I was like 10, it would always stand to the right of my bed. It was absolute terror. I would try to scream for my brothers name, but I could never get words out. I could sometimes move my arms, and would try reaching to it, but could never quite get there. it would just stand, watching me.

I would then feel as if I was lifted up, floating. I could feel the bed beneath me with my hands the whole time, but the feeling of being dropped was so real, I even bounced. I've tried to replicate that motion of being dropped but could never do it, it felt so genuine. I've learned since it's called a hypnic jerk.

After the drop I would regain control of the rest of my body. It never felt like I "woke" up. From being frozen to standing up, it was seamless. Only then could my brother hear me, but I never told him what was happening at the time.

It was terrifying the first dozen times, but then it just became routine. Laying on my back. Can't move. Watching me. Floating. Falling. Then rolling over and sleeping, I actually felt angry that it was wasting my time when I just wanted to sleep.

Every night my brother tucked me in tight, while I was on my back, cus I was scared. So funnily enough, I was causing my own sleep paralysis.

A few years ago I had it again. This time I could move my arm a bit more, so with no fear a bit of playfullness (I'll getcha this time!) I reached for it. And I touched it. I instantly felt as if I had fallen through my bed, all of me except my legs. It felt as if I were hanging upside down with my legs, bending at the knees, keeping me from falling. I could still feel the bed beneath my hands. Then I was violently pulled up a bit passed my bed and felt the same bouncing sensation as before. It was over and I turned on the lamp.

I thought I knew what it was capable of so I got comfortable. I haven't seen it since, but if I do, I'll just lay there.. the mind sure is capable of some crazy stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
>>18111644
>>
File: 4chan users after GG.gif (938KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
4chan users after GG.gif
938KB, 500x281px
>3 years ago
>Develop Panic Disorder
>Wake up unable to move
>Large bright orange Native American man in full headress hovers above me.
>Turns into lion and flys out the window
>Able to move again.
>coolstorybro.jpg
>Go back to sleep
>>
I have paralysis every and then. I've never had scary shit happen. Most times I struggle until I "break free" and wake up. If I remember to relax, though, it usually evolves into an out of body experience.
>>
>>18111711
You are lucky. Sleep paralysis is an ideal stepping stone into astral travel. I've had a dry spell for years now. I wish I could get SP more often.
>>
>>18111728
Google OBE vibrations.

>>18111775
Are you retarded? Sleep paralysis is a normal part of sleep. You are paralyzed literally every single night as a mechanism to avoid acting out your dreams. Usually you are unaware.

Educate yourself and please stop spreading nonsense:
www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/everything_you_could_ever_want_to_know_about_sleep_paralysis-t38734.0.html
>>
>>18112583
Again, uneducated fuck, actually educate.l yourself for once. DMT has never been observed in humans. Neither on death or sleep. Actually look it up in a reputable source before blindly parroting myths at me.
>>
i need some help so a few years ago i was on a trip to go camping and i fell asleep when i woke up i could not move or speak i was freaking out because of it i was in this state for awhile i was very aware of my suroundings then i woke up this time for real is this sleep paryais or something else
>>
>>18111607
Yeah, I had some crazy fucking shit go down in my bedroom to the point where I don't sleep in that bitch anymore. The first times I attributed it to sleep paralysis and thought nothing of it. I'm a grown man after all.

Then things went nanners...
>>
>>18123065
I came to and I was standing outside my bed speaking in mid sentence to... A 'thing'. I was also reaching towards said 'thing' like I wanted to touch it. After I came to my senses I yanked my hand back in a hurry I tell you!

What did this thing look like? It's easier to explain what it didn't look like. It didn't look like anything. There may have been a slight distortion kind of like the gravity lensing causing everything behind the field to bow a bit.

But there was this INTENSE presence. Not like demonic or anything (Because is that even a thing?) just incredible power. It was so beyond me it probably didn't even give a shit about the 'curious ant' coming up to it and had other reasons for passing through. "Do not come any closer. Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground." kind of intense
>>
File: GOD.jpg (122KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
GOD.jpg
122KB, 600x375px
>>18123082
And I say to myself "Why didn't I get the Japanse Ghost Girl? Or WD Gaster? Or Slenderman!

Naaah, nothing that simple. I have a straight up Angel of the LORD(tm) camping in my bedroom. When you get a whiff of that particular aura or whatever you call it that is some primal, mortal terror there.
>>
all mine have been cool. when they cared to notice me at all.
>>
>>18111645
>technological sound was playing in both ears
I know that feel. I usually hear static radio voices. Once I heard what sounded like a radio scanner from far away, but inside-my-head far away if that makes sense. Most of the time I feel enormous pressure of myself imploding somewhat like the T-3000 from Terminator Genisys being sucked against the MRI machine. Even though I'm not made out of cellular metal like the T-3000, I wonder if I'm really no more than a robot. I mean, I can get electrocuted to death like a robot.
>>
I don't know why if I sleep on my right side ALWAYS got sleep paralysis

I hard to be honest, usually I feel one "hand" close to me, I live alone so I don't like to sleep at night.
>>
>>18111592
guys who here slept and woke up paralyzed and felt something above them but couldnt see it

also like prior to this
youre dreaming about random shit and then end up feeling all cold in your dream and shits serious and you walk in on you sleeping?
>>
>>18111592
Hypnogogic Hallucinations mate;
Caused by a chemical imbalance during sleep that renders you semi - conscious but unable to move or make a sound, can be accompanied by visual and/or audible hallucinations. often triggers a "fear response" and can often result in anxiety attacks. Common in cases of severe depression or schitzo-affective disorders.

T. Someone who has recently started treatment for schitzo-affective episodes and psychosis
>>
>>18111766
Be immobile in the bed for like 20 min or more without sleeping, don't move a fucking muscle, then if you think that you had time enough just try to move your body but you will notice that you can't, this is scary as fuck, to get out of this state just hold your breath until your brain enters in danger state and gives you back the control.
Worked for me once, but I never tried again.
>>
>>18113293
Not the poster but I have something very similar. Been having these encounters since I was 10 until now. It always comes out of the walls and then inching ever closer to me. Then I feel Sensations along my legs and thighs. Once there then I feel my lower region twitching to the touch of an invisible hand. Recently it came to me while I was sleeping on the couch. It's always been really scary to feel hands on me.
>>
>>18123918
You could've gone out of body from that state mate... What a wasted opportunity. I wish I had the patience to stay put for 20 mins
>>
>>18112583
I know the documentary you're talking about. that one fucked my mind for a bit. it made me curious than ever before about the whole thing.
>>
>>18111766
Why would you? I still can remember the ones I had. Really scary sensations, truly panic like never experienced before
>>
File: 1465901150162.jpg (32KB, 288x339px) Image search: [Google]
1465901150162.jpg
32KB, 288x339px
I genuinely think there is no spiritual or supernatural explaination to sleep paralysis as it has occured throughout my life until very recently when I had my nasal passages surgically widened to help my breathing prevent sleep apnea aswell as my recessive jawline fixed to open my wind passages.

However before both of those it used to happen quiet a bit. Always when I was overly tired or stayed up for uni assignments or to play video games. One sleep doctor told me it was common with people with breathing problems like me because when I stop breathing I "wake" up but not consciously, I just break my REM sleep pattern. Which could cause life like paralysis dreams.

It started when I was very young where I had a SP where the bed began to violently shake while i tried to scream but i could not scream nor move.

As i got older I saw dark figures, alien like creatures or demon like omens. BUT it was always what I was "scared" of at the time. As i got older and less fearful it usually just was black shadows with some kind of hostile feeling.

Used to get it probably once a month since I was 8 years old or more frequently if I was stressed with uni.

At one point during an incredibly stressful period I had it every night for 2 weeks and it was extremely distressing, having a snowball effect as the more it happened, the more sleep deprived I was, the more sleep deprived I was, the more it would happen.

Since my wind passages have been fixed, I have had no sleep paralysis.

Seriously it is a terrible thing to have happen frequently so if it does happen to you go to a ENT specialist doctor and get yourself checked out.
>>
>>18123082
So anyways, more strange things. I was trying to get comfortable on my couch when I saw a couple of glowing points like fireflies in my hallway. They floated down and under the (always) closed bedroom door.

Tonight is when I man the fuck up and actually try and sleep in there again. Will post results.
>>
I've had hallucinations where these fucking things come at me man

they're so angry, so hostile. they growl, shout at me. they bite, touch, or just make the room around me shake like there's a fucking earthquake and tornado having rough sex.

and when I say they touch me, I fucking feel it. they don't hurt me per say but I feel the pressure of them holding me, them biting me and my muscles tense up like a mother fucker out of pure fear and helplessness

it's the scariest fucking thing, and if I had control over myself I promise I'd piss my bed while crying for my mother

sometimes I even try to move my hand ever so slightly enough to be able to start knocking on the wall as an attempt to call for help, but usually when I wake up, I'm in a completely different position and I realize my intense efforts were a fucking waste
>>
File: 1473793005578.jpg (68KB, 472x361px) Image search: [Google]
1473793005578.jpg
68KB, 472x361px
I was killed by a bear that malled me to death in bed , I was then respawned here.
>>
i have found a reliable method to establish a link between reality and dream while having sleep paralysis. through sleep paralysis you get to lucid dreaming. today i had my first lucid dream where i had at least some control.

so i was listening to a podcast (knifepoint-horror to be exact) at 5am because i couldn't sleep and at some point i dozed off.

at some point i woke up in my bed and the podcast was still playing. it got annoying so, i disconnected the headphones from my phone but it kept playing. i got scared but then i realized that i was lucid dreaming while being sleep-paralyzed. instead of waking myself up i embraced the state i was in and tried to think about sexy things but the podcast was too distracting. i tried to get up and managed to get to my kitchen. i moved very slowly and i had to concentrate really fucking hard to move my limbs. plus the lights just wouldn't turn on but i could somehow still see. the podcast was still playing and it felt as if i had invisible headphones on. then i tried to exit my appartement but my concentration started to crumble and i started seeing creepy things (shadow people mainly) and got scared, so i woke myself up.

i had my headphones on was laying on my bed and the podcast was still playing. i was back in the real world. it felt surreal because i could swear that i had just been standing in my kitchen. awesome experience.

i don't think that i would've realized that i was dreaming if nothing had been playing through my headphones. today i will try the same thing but with soothing music.
>>
I've only experienced sleep paralysis once, when I was suffering from suicidal depression. Didn't have any strange visuals (other than seeing my entire room clear as day in the middle of the night with no lights), but I had this kind of white noise in both ears that was so intense that it felt like it was what was causing it. Extremely terrifying experience, I couldn't tell you why but it just *was*. Leaving any kind of spoops out of it, it was like my body/mind/whatever was trying to flood me with as many negative emotions as possible to forcefully restart my survival instincts / will to live. And fucks sake did it work, I've never been so happy to wake up and drink shitty coffee and go about my shitty day as I was after that night. Haven't been anywhere near as depressed since, and thankfully haven't had to sit through another hard reboot like that.
>>
File: shad1.jpg (11KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
shad1.jpg
11KB, 286x176px
>>18111592
Okay first tme poster usually lurk for a long time.No paranomal things have ever happened to me
I occasionally suffer from sleep paralysis and have seen the
"Man with the hat",but no "Cat "or "Hag"then The night before last (12/9)i had the worst yet also the strangest and terrifying experience in..well ever
I'll try greentexting the three connected events.any thoughts would be welcome.
>Be e 42YO six kids ages 5-21
>Wife fell asleep on couch with mobile while i was in bed watching movie
>Start to doze on back only light from tv
>pani stars to come in waves tried to get up,couldn't
>Look over at door
>my 20 year old sonwalks over to my bed and puts my phone on the bedside cabinet
>he is only a black sillouette i knew it was him because of his height unucked shirt an skiny jeans
>close eyes for a second
>GONE
>Still couldn't move i struggled but somehow managed to get my hands up tomy face
>(wanted to slap the sleep out of me)
>looking at hands not the door
>look at door son is there..again
>hes saying something whispering could only make out the word laptop
>I Cant hear you speak up son cant hear you
>was what i wanted to say
>what i said was "mmmm gggmmm hhhhnnnn"
>panic gets worse heart feels like its gonna explode
>Blink
>Gone
>then the last time my son entered the room fucked me up so much i think i passed out
>staning at door againfor some reason he wanted to come over to my bed
>instead of walking overacross the carpet
>HIS FUCKING ARMS AND LEGS GOT ABOUT THREE FEET LONGER
>AND BAK AGAINST THE WALL HE CLIMBED/SIDE CRABBED ALONG IT TOWARD ME
>NONONONOPE
>sleep
>7am wife wakes me up
>"sorry i forgot to bring the phone up last night
>"But Anonson brought it up "
>No phone
>"Anon Anonson stayed at his girlfriends last night
>Bollocks
>managed to phone him soon after thought i had to
>Hes fine
>I'm not

what do you think?
>>
>>18125956
I got killed by an orbitist, do you know where the spirit healer is?
>>
>Sleep paralysis
>See a shadowy humanoid figure looming over me
>Leans in towards me trying to get face to face
>As this is happening I'm hearing, "I am the archangel. No one will come for you." over and over again and each time it's repeated it fractals out so eventually it sounds like hundreds of voices are saying it at once
>Realize how ridiculous it is
>Fear disappears completely
>Start moving my toes first trying to slowly regain control of my body
>Hallucinations disappear and I get up and turn on the lights
I don't think anyone is actually seeing beings from another dimension. I'm pretty sure they're just hallucinations.
>>
File: 1469291770660.png (70KB, 208x193px) Image search: [Google]
1469291770660.png
70KB, 208x193px
>>18111644
>He never came back after I found it kind of hot
>>
File: 1473822601629.jpg (61KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
1473822601629.jpg
61KB, 450x443px
Had sleep paralysis once had my xbawxks plugd in so the light would blink orange or wut ever, wen ibwoke during sleep paralysis i swear to god i saw SpongeBob float on top the foot of my bed, i almost shit my self,i figure trying to fight in this situation is better than trying to close my eyes again so i try to throw a ounch but its really fuking slow, then i closed my eyes on accident and feel asleep again,contemplated life later on that day.
>>
>>18111766
I can induce sleep paralysis, but I don't know how to explain it. I just sort of relax into it while lying on my back.
>>
>Have sleep paralysis close to every night
>strange "no channel radio noise", starts low and slowly gets louder
>along with the noise a tingly feeling starts growing in the body, just as when your leg fall asleep, but stronger
>from here i either wake up or start seeing things or hearing things
>growling, voices, images of one self turning twisted before you, seeing "demons", seeing shadows moving, seeing objects come to life, raining from the floor to the roof... i can't even remember them all
>>
>>18131363
also note that if i don't have any thoughts related to sleep paralysis i don't have a sleep paralysis either
>>
File: 143560867822.jpg (22KB, 288x318px) Image search: [Google]
143560867822.jpg
22KB, 288x318px
What does it mean if you never get sleep paralysis ever? I was also never lucid in a dream.

I sleep during different times, sometimes very long, sometimes short. I also tried a dream diary and taking Melatonin with no effect. What's the matter?
>>
>>18131386
i think stress is one big factor
>>
>>18131397
Hmm. What do you mean by stress though? I'm constantly stressed and have pretty dark thoughts. I'm one of the most anxious people I know yet I never had a lucid dream or paralysis.
>>
>>18131397
>have bad sleeping habits due to sleep paralysis
>preform bad at work
>tired when i get home so i go to sleep for a few h
>wake up late
>do some stuff then try to sleep
>sleep paralysis
>wakes up can not sleep or try to sleep only to fall back into sleep paralysis
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 212x238px
>>18111592
I once woke up and a guy dressed in all
black with his hand out was standing over stop of me. He was speaking like a fucked up version of Latin. It was one of the most intense experiences of my life.

Sometime like pic related but no hat.
>>
>>18131404
try to set your clock for like 4 h later when you go to bed, get up when the clock rings if you actually fell asleep, stay up like 20 min then go back to bed, while laying there ON YOUR BACK think about the tingling starting to come from your toes even if it dosnt, think at all time to stay awake but DO NOT MOVE even for a bit, don't move to scratch an itch or anything, just lay there thinking...

do this a few nights and i can garantee you that you will get SP
>>
>>18131424
>o this a few nights and i can garantee you that you will get SP
>>18131404
also when you once get it it won't go away... at least not for me
>>
>>18131424
I will try that, thanks.
>>
>>18131448
also remember to not drink alcohol or take any drugs, this will calm your brain or interupt it in other ways, your brain needs to be alert for a sleep paralysis to induce
>>
I usually experience sleep paralysis and it's almost a part of my life, I learned how to control it somehow and to quit when it gets really crazy. I mostly enjoy the feeling of numbness and go with it as much as I can. I don't know if anyone else experience this but most of the time I hear a kind of radio signal in my brain like someone is trying to find the correct tune between am and fm signals. I even hear people talking to each other like a radio talk show or hear music.
>>
>>18131448
>>18131461
another thing, if it is possible for you to wear headphones when sleeping listen to this, as it is very close to the sounds i hear at the beginning of a sleep paralysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
>>
>>18131471
like this?
>>18131476
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.