[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I meditate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: bardontarot-1.jpg (28KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
bardontarot-1.jpg
28KB, 277x400px
Starting my journey into understanding the fundamental and primordial laws of existence with the help of Franz Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics.

Before jumping into the practical section of the book I want to fully understand the theoretical aspects of the Tetrapolar magnet. Franz recommends to meditate on the Tetrapolar magnet and its applications on the human bodies, personalities, planes, etc.

The question is, how do I meditate? I read online a good start is to focus on the breathing, not control it but observe the way your body reacts to breathing in and out. Do I do this while considering the Tetrapolar magnet and its applications?

Picture related, the First Tarot of Franz Bardon
>>
Put in a pair of headphones, sit down and play binaural beats.
The best way I can think to explain it is to zone out and block all your thoughts while focusing on meditating at the same time, idk if that makes any sense. But it becomes second nature when you figure it out.
>>
>>18111440
Im not OP but since I was a teenager I was taught to try to meditate (long after i discovered that the meditation i was taught was void meditation)

Does void meditation work? Like putting those beats or some chill music, dim the lights and just concentrate in zero thinking? I've never gotten to actually feel Ive meditated like other poeple do
>>
>>18111454
Yeah, it's one of the most traditional and well known forms of meditation. I don't think there's really a single way to feel as if you've meditated, but generally I think if it gives you some calm and you open your eyes and feel better then it's got some use. As you do it more and more you'll get more into it.
>>
>>18111461
Thanks for the reply, I was taught this when I attended Taekwondo for more than 2 years. But its hard to me to concentrate on meditation or some other things because my home is kinda noisy, or i get interrupted.

But thanks to you I'll try again. Hopefully one day I can focalize energy into opening my third eye (never achieved it) or some other thing that tells me im succesful in meditating
>>
>>18111365

Here's two ways. Works best at night by candlelight or with dim light in the room...

1. Object Gazing - Stare at an object and gaze at it while focusing on your breathing. The object may start shifting or it will disappear as your eyes try to focus beyond it. This will cause you to go into a meditative trance and than you may see orbs of light start circling you. That's what happen when I do this.

2. Mirror Gazing - Same thing as above except you're looking into a mirror at your own eyes. Your face will eventually start shifting into other face and than it will disappear. Send love to yourself. I find this helps with self-confidence/esteem issues.
>>
>>18111365
To meditate lightly you need to just calm down your body, that's my controlling breathing and reassuring your own safety and stuff. Then get lost in a thought like a daydream or observe nature more closely to see it in it's fullness.

To meditate properly you have to shut off your mind. I guess some people call this nirvana.
>>
>>18111473
Hey im this guy >>18111454
>>18111465

I was trying mirror gazing these nights but I kinda get fucked up scared when my face change almost completely, how do I get past that fear and go forward? how do I have no fear from darkness and the such?
>>
File: 1285914234802.jpg (136KB, 478x793px) Image search: [Google]
1285914234802.jpg
136KB, 478x793px
>>18111481
>>18111477
>>18111473
>>18111465
>>18111461
>>18111454
>>18111440

Thanks y'all, I appreciate the help
>>
>>18111481

Smiling helps. Make a smirk on your face and smile with your eyes, while breathing in & out of your nose. The smile will cause endorphins to rush into your brain to put your mind at ease and fight off all fear.
>>
>>18111501
Thanks, I'll try to smile and to focus in eyes and smile. I will send my thanks (vibrationally) if this goes well anon!
>>
>>18111465
This is the precedent for why so many pretentious cunts have pictures of themselves meditating on mountains and shit. being in nature is more peaceful and knowing you have a nice view when you will open your eyes helps a lot.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 1233x1824px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 1233x1824px
>>18111365
OP here. Went through my day running through the tetrapolar magnet in the background and I can see how I can apply the 4 poles to every day interaction with people, daily routines, etc. Is meditation truly necessary if you can allow consideration to process subconsciously?

Perhaps "simple" concepts such as the tetrapolar magnet can be thought through in the background, but once one moves deeper full focal resource allocation can only be achieved via meditation
>>
>>18111365

Google, "zazen". Don't fuck around with these losers.
>>
>>18111440
>binaural beats
>zone out and block all your thoughts

>>18111477
>get lost in a thought like a daydream

Lots of misinformation in this thread. The point of meditation is not to actively 'block' your thoughts, nor let yourself be immersed by them. The main premise in meditation is to generate an active awareness of your thoughts and emotional states, to observe them from a distance.

This is done by first having an object of concentration, traditionally and most often the breath. Just close your eyes and focus on when you are breathing in, and when you are breathing out. Dont CONTROL your breathing, let your breathing happen naturally (this alone takes time to develop). As you focus on your breath, thoughts will naturally begin to creep up, you'll think of events that happened early that day or the days before, or become anxious for your meditation to end and think of what you have to do next.

This is the problem with the human mind, it is never where you are, never focused on what you are doing. Always somewhere else. When this arises, just GENTLY bring your focus back to the breath. There is no way to stop or 'block' the thoughts, but if you starve them of your attention, they whither and disappear.

I have only been doing it daily for about a month, but I can honestly say there is much to be learned from simply sitting down and observing the breath, much more than I could have possibly imagined.
>>
>>18112695
>zazen
cuck
>>
>>18111365
>>18112016
Bardonfag here. A more appropriate term given modern jargon for what he's referring to here would be "deep contemplation," although "meditate" would technically be correct when using the definition of meditation = dhyana.

I've been contemplating the tetrapolar magnet regularly along with my practice, and I should point out that this term does not just mean "the four elements" as such, but more the way they dynamically interact as the basis of all creation. I'll get you started with the basics:

The Electric and Magnetic Principles are the polarized halves of Ether and thus between the two of them contain all possibilities.

Fire is Electric substance enlivened by Electric essence

Water is likewise Magnetic substance enlivened by Magnetic essence.

Air has neutral substance but has the essences of both Electric and Magnetic.

Earth has Electric and Magnetic substance, but its essence is neutral.

Fire and Water cannot make contact without neutralizing each other. Air and Earth can coexist but cannot directly interact.

The "Fluids" Bardon speaks of are the two Principles coming into existence by way of the tetrapolar magnet.

Just reading this won't get you anywhere, contemplate for yourself and don't take my word for it until you've verified it for yourself. Tarot symbolism in the minor arcana, specifically using the court cards and suits, can lead to a deepening of the inner workins of this concept when properly understood. I've got a whole write-up in the works about this but the tl;dr for it is Swords = Fire, Wands = Air (and are more accurately called scepters for these purposes), Knights are representative of anyone taking orders from either Monarch, and "Pages" make more sense as peasants.
>>
>>18113452
What happens if human go into space???
>>
>>18113491
Uh...they need artificial life support?

The elements as described by Bardon are universal forces behind the creation of everything - all matter, and everything within other planes as well. The terrestrial representations of the elements are simply analogous to their higher forms.
>>
>>18111365
sit comfortably
close your eyes
take slow, full, steady breaths
don't think about anything
don't fall asleep
if you have tinnitus, focus on that
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.