[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on Cosmotheism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: you-are-the-universe.jpg (74KB, 652x652px) Image search: [Google]
you-are-the-universe.jpg
74KB, 652x652px
Will we one day achieve God-like status? Our consciousness freeing itself from this fleshy form to attain free-roam immortality in this universe?

http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Cosmotheism
>>
Sounds great and I would like this to be the case but I dont see why our mind could do that
>>
That is more or less the end result in Druidism/Celtic Paganism. So...sure. There is a notion that gods of all religions were at one point just people or animals, or even plants that just reincarnated enough times to reach a certain point that defines being "godlike-enough"
>>
File: hippie_couple2.jpg (188KB, 347x444px) Image search: [Google]
hippie_couple2.jpg
188KB, 347x444px
far out man
>>
Pretty trippy. Can it be achieved with technology?
>>
File: cute-puppies-bored-hd-images.jpg (155KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
cute-puppies-bored-hd-images.jpg
155KB, 1600x900px
If you know all that is, all that was and all that will be... you will be really, really, bored.
>>
>>18109773
fuck off with your new age bullshit already

>le we are le universe
>le vibrations
>le light

F U C K O F F R E T A R D
>>
>>18109995
That is actually a pretty old age idea. A lot of religions pre-Christfaggotry though that you eventually broke free of some sort of cycle and were let loose to roam the universe/spirit world/ their heaven.
>>
>>18109887
D-does she have a beard?
>>
>>18110011
It's a dude.
>>
>>18109995
good point
>>
>>18109773
I think the human consciousness will leave it's "fleshy form" eventually, but I think the next step is still material.
>>
>>18110027
fuck me both are?
>>
File: Thinking_stance.jpg (11KB, 240x231px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking_stance.jpg
11KB, 240x231px
>>18110046
Elaborate.
>>
>>18109773
Yeah, there is always information in the universe to be observed. An observer cant just stop observing. There is on nothingness to be experienced. Dont know about the god part, but it aside from that it makes sense
>>
The shortness of our lives is a Curse imposed upon us by the Demiurge.

We have the potential to live much longer and have more time here to spend understanding the Mysteries.
>>
>>18110063
generally how I conceive the human race will change through the years:
step 1: becoming cyborgs
step 2: consciousness-downloaded, interchangeable vessels, this is bascially immortality
step 3: through social media this has already begun, but collective consciousness. I think that we will eventually have a different view on individuals
step 4 and beyond: this is where an eventual transfer too pure energy would occur, but at this point I think our current definition of consciousness would be irrelevant.
>>
>>18110067
this
>>
I agree with the blurb about it on Wikipedia, but why not just call yourself a Pantheist or a Buddhist? Seems like basically the same thing.
>>
>>18110161
But I'm not gonna shave my head or be a total cuck.
>>
>>18109773
People who have taken copious amounts of phsychedelics (including me) have had the sensation of being oulled away from your body and senses, no sight, no sound, no feeling.

You truly believe that is it and you stop worrying and let go, then u see it. That flurry of colours that forms a mandala, clear and infinitely complex.

You freak out a bit because you're now in the state between dreaming and waking life, and you think ita just a figment of your imagination. As it gets closer you start to feel it, and hear the hum, like the om sound. Remember you have no sensory input apart from feeling your heartbeat, but it goes so fast it's almost connecting you with something and you feel as if you're about to blast off with all the energy you feel.

Then you go through the mandala and beyond that people dont bother explaining because by definition it is ineffable, so that's were most are decreed as insane.

Huxely and william blake where very good at attempting to describe that other side, through the door that is the mandala. The gate is straight, deep and wide.
>>
You can and you will. It's just a matter of time, even though time is an illusion. It's just a matter of when the curtain falls.

You don't need to free yourself from your fleshy body. You just need to understand that everything, including the body, arises out of your consciousness, and that consciousness is the source of reality aka God.

You can do this now if you investigate your experience. Look at your mind and your thoughts. What is your mind? What is thought and where does it arise from? Does it appear from inside your head or outside? Is there such a thing as inside or outside? Look at your other senses. Is sight happening inside or outside your mind? What about hearing? Or touch?

Slowly you'll discover that it is all within your consciousness and consciousness is God itself. Consciousness never frees itself from anything. Everything is contained in it. This is the God you're searching for. And you attain this God status to the extent that you realize that your own consciousness is God.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.