[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are black cats believed to be a omen of misfortune?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: black-cat-outside.jpg (54KB, 509x337px) Image search: [Google]
black-cat-outside.jpg
54KB, 509x337px
>>
Because people needed something to blame their misfortunes on and vent their anger on. They had the misfortune of being one of the easiest targets available.
>>
Because he won't stay out of the fucking garbage! He's got plenty of food and water. Fucking cat! Keep your black ass out of the trash!
>>
File: we_no_whr_u_liv.jpg (13KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
we_no_whr_u_liv.jpg
13KB, 400x300px
Because they're cute and seem to know more shit than most, OP. That type of hate is just a conspiracy generated by supporters of the Calico Mafia.
>>
It's a conspiracy to make people dislike cats.

Cats are the greatest creatures on Earth. Hence why the Egyptians worshipped them. And hence why """they""" demonize cats to try to hide their power.

Cats are literally gods.
>>
Black cat.
Be lack See at
BE L A SEE K SEE A T
>>
>>18109728
Because people believe black animals were bad spirits taking on the form of an animal, so seeing one meant you have a negative creature around you. Some people also thought they were the familiars of sorcerers/witches. This is why witches are usually paired with black cats in artwork or movies. In reality black cats are the cutest ones and are not bad at all.
>>
>>18109728
Huh? But Black Cats are good luck.
>>
>>18109728
Hey retard, check out these dubs
>>
>>18109728
In Scotland, Britain, and Japan black cats are good luck.

Only the rest of Europe, and eventually America consider black cats bad luck do to being "familiars" to witches.
>>
Is it just me, or does this cat look like He has the 'Vladimir Purrrtin' look on his face? All suave.
>>
Because I feel like I only see them walking dark alleys at night. They seem strangely mysterious and knowledgeable for cats.
>>
>>18109735
all those peasants running round, spitting and chasing black cats and calling their owners witches and servants of the devil

people were very dumb back then and a lot of poeple today are just ad stupid
>>
I've raised 3 black cats. They are great little bastards, and I always enjoy calling them niggers when I am drunk. No bad luck to speak of, if anything it got me a lot more female attention.
>>
they are badluck if 6 dubs
>>
>>18109728
das rascist
>>
>>18111317
Suurre.
>>
>>18111390

what's there not to believe? girls love cats, and they love lil black kittens even more. I miss them 2bh... will probably get another black kot once I get my own place next year
>>
>>18111317
Can confirm. Had a black cat, little retard was a great cat. It's Halloween store shit.
>>
File: IMG_20160905_014637012.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160905_014637012.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
>mfw people come over
>omg! why do you have a black cat?! do you ever get bad luck??
>>
>>18109728
Porpaganda by the church. Theyre actually good luck especially with respect to love, and said to keep evil spirits at bay, hence why they were popular among the pagans.

The church ran the opposite as propaganda and thats the story that stuck in history.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.