[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christine Chubbuck Film

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: christine_web.jpg (3MB, 1690x2500px) Image search: [Google]
christine_web.jpg
3MB, 1690x2500px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfred100sWQ&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>18108592
That looks really good. I wonder how accurate it will be?
>>
>>18108609

From all the reviews I've read, it sounds like they got the story right.
>>
>>18108592
Reviews on it look good, though I am very antsy on how they will show the suicide.

It will honestly feel like a waste of time if you get to the end and it's cut out. Then again, if Rebecca Hall can enunciate the last lines really well, it might be just as powerful.
>>
>>18108624

They don't cut out the suicide, I believe it's shown on a monitor, you're looking at her as if she's on a television screen (like the one in the background of the poster), if I remember right from one of the reviews.
>>
>>18108624
Artistically, I'd hold shot on her co-anchor the whole time during the final few seconds. And her dialog, and his reaction.

I heard that a copy of the broadcast was in the possession of a law firm, true?
>>
>>18108633
>I heard that a copy of the broadcast was in the possession of a law firm, true?
Not sure, though if this film does well and shines a light on the event, I really hope the Chubbuck family decides to let the tapes out (if they have the power to do so). It's a piece of history and we can cross it off the lost media list.
>>
>>18108633

Yeah! The station owner's widow had it, and then she gave it to her lawyers for safe keeping. I have a feeling she's waiting for the last of the immediate family to pass so she can sell it because the family put on an injunction against the release of this footage back in the 70s.
>>
>>18108633

I actually don't think she had a co-anchor for her morning show. She wasn't even really an anchor, she had a small community affairs show called "Suncoast Digest" in the morning, but she requested that her show that morning be taped and that she wanted to do a few pieces of news. Her show wasn't normally taped (probably why there is only one surviving episode of her show today, not counting the suicide video)
>>
.....Yeah, live suicide is crazy and all but I don't see how this is "paranormal"
>>
>>18108640
>It's a piece of history
Uh, it's last ravings of a depressed virgin, not exactly history.
>>
>>18108941

Christine Chubbuck is a staple of paranormal and the lost media threads that pop up here.
>>
>>18109128

It is the first suicide on live television, so it is history.
>>
So what can we learn from this movie? That depression leads to suicide? With all due respect to the dead, i don't think her lifestory is that stellar to be brought to the silver screen.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip6Eo1blGac
>>
>>18109852
NO ITS NOT. that would be bud dwyer
>>
>>18109171
I don't see how lost media is scary or paranormal
>>
>>18109868
chubbuck was 70s
dwyer was 80s
>>
>>18108941
Probably because it's your first day here. Now fuck off back to R.eddit.
>>
>>18109869
most lost media isn't. only certain ones. and suicides aren't paranormal anyway
but don't let these twinks on here hear you say that, they go apeshit
>>
>>18109874
>self censorship
That says a lot
>>
>>18109877
>>18109874
hah, case in point
>>
>>18109878
It's to get past the wordfilter you mouthbreather.
>>
>>18109879
Ha! Got 'em! No, but really, lurk on the board for more than 2 hours before spouting bullshit like it's fact.
>>
>>18109882
Reddit isn't filtered
>>
>>18109888
hey jackass, i've been making this argument in Lost Media threads for fuckin years, so why don't YOU lurk moar before spouting your ignorant diarrhea?

Every fuckin time i swing back around, you sad sack losers are still posting your same tired shit "ooh, lost media be X! ALL LOST MEDIA BE CREEPY!"

Missing 70's cap'n crunch commercials ain't paranormal, faggot.

fuck off you waste of human space
>>
>>18108941

/x/ is the only reason why I know the relevance of this film. So I'd say it's a solid fit for the board.
>>
>>18109927
What is the relevance?
>>
>>18109931

I phrased that poorly perhaps. I meant...how I scrolled down, saw the picture and the name, and automatically knew what the movie was about. Why did I know? /x/
>>
>>18109938
So you knew about an off-topic post because of other off-topic posts. Fantastic
>>
>>18109943

New to /x/? Fantastic.

Board's always in need of new idiots.
>>
>>18109949
lol
>>
File: 8759764542632.jpg (42KB, 750x939px) Image search: [Google]
8759764542632.jpg
42KB, 750x939px
>>18109924
>>
>>18109924
>I've been shitposting for years!
>>
>>18110174
that's all x is
hell, thats all 4chin is
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.