[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me with my game /x/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Hey /x/ idk if this is right board or not but I think you guys would be better at this.

So I'm writing up a D&D campaign for my friends to play. It's going to be a traditional 5e adventure, and the setting is your traditional D&D dragons, knights, and wizards fantasy setting.

Thing is, I wanted to incorporate some horror themes in the campaign, I wanted to make it feel scary and unsettling when they venture through a dungeon or old crypt, or the mythical forrest, etc...

So /x/ can you give me some creepypasta or stories that I could incorporate into a D&D campaign? Creature ideas? Even made up green text that you think would be good in an adventure? Just really post anything scary that you think would gives D&D players the spoops. Thanks.
>>
>>18107965
Bump. God damnit, I thought this would be a good thread you cocks.
>>
>>18107965
Oh yeah that's right, I forget /x/ likes the same 3 threads over and over again and is filled with 13 year Olds that don't realize that 90% of this board is made up and is too young to know what dnd is.
>>
>>18108033
/x/ is a slow board and we're hardly at peak hours, anon. It would be better suited for /tg/ anyway.

If you want creepypastas for inspiration, go to one of the threads up now, or check the archive, there are loads. There's no need to be a dick.
>>
File: 1473135352917.jpg (43KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
1473135352917.jpg
43KB, 570x587px
>>18108037
/x/ isn't slow, I've been going here for 6 years now. I would have asked /tg/ but they only know the dnd aspect and really suck at the horror aspect. I asked /x/ cause I want something spoopy, which is what /x/ is for. You can't deny my comment though, even if it seemed dickish.... it's true ;_;
>>
I play 3.5, don't know much about 5th but I would say just play normally, but add things that are odd every now and then. A good way to roleplay horror is to keep the PCs in uncertainty. The stuff you have happen to their PCs doesn't need to make sense but still is weird and won't happen much. Have it give suggestions that something bigger than them or more ominous is going on. Here are some examples:

- Every time the players wake up from resting and there was no watch, all of them seem to have been speckled by a heavy spashing of blood and except for one of them (or the hireling, but it's more fun when the pcs are wary of each other)

- whenever spell casters cast spells, they catch something dark in the corner of their eye, they only see it long enough just to know something was there, not enough to discern what it was, only that it had dark red eyes or that it whispered their name.

- after entering a dungeon/place of interest, the last character to enter it will feel chest pains every now and then, whenever they fail a save they start coughing up small bones that seem oddly human and every time they sleep whomever they is on watch or nearby hears them talking hungrily in their sleep about feasting on the other party member's offspring. When they're awake, they have no recollection of that, except they dreamt they were being eaten.

- the ghosts of every being they kill follows the cleric, begging them to tell them why they won't pass on, first sorrowfully, eventually getting angry, and finally manifesting into poltergeist activity after a long period of time (a few sessions). The cleric can make them go away when he uses cleric stuff (dunno what 5e has for clerics) that deals with the undead but the dead return 1d10 days later.

I got more, twill be posting
>>
>>18108059
5e is great, i used to play 3.5 a lot until i tried 5e out. Ah those do seem pretty spoopy, I like these so far. Thank you my good anon
>>
continued from >>18108059

- the first container the PCs open in an area of interest, it contains standard treasure but also a small poorly made doll that looks like one of the party members, they find another doll of a different party member the next time they do a search check (even if it fails, they still find it), if they kill any enemies they find another in a wound of the creature upon searching it, and they find more as they go along until there is one of each of the party members, After they rest during the night after all are found, when day breaks all of the dolls will be found posed in a crudely made circle with the doll of whomever is a spell caster in the party being "stabbed' by the other dolls. The dolls now have tiny wooden knives in their hands that they didn't have before, let alone the dolls didn't have enough detail or ability to hold the knives.

- when the players enter an area, the smell of burnt flesh is everywhere and any forms of fire they have keep going out (torches, campfires, etc...)

- NPCs won't stop staring at them and smiling with a stifled malice or hunger. When asked about it, they smile wider showing blood in their teeth.

- the hireling disappears mid encounter, reappears a few days later, extremely pale, and won't stop talking about "HE is back"; "HE is going to kill us all..."; and "HE... HE's watching us right now while sharpening his blade...."

more to come
>>
In a campaign and as DM, every word you say or narrative you pursue has meaning.
You want to have a consistent set of strange things occurring in situations where they shouldn't.
When the party stumbles into a room with enemies, one of them is just dead. None of the other enemies seem to care, the corpse has a variety of inconsistencies and oddities, and it's just fucking there. Culprit not present, no blood, nothing. A hallway in the inn has a solid two inches of some strange, orange liquid flooding the room, seemingly sealed in by the door, and the inn staff aren't even surprised. A lawful individual slaughters a member of the peasantry seemingly randomly and denies doing so, pretending the blood on their sword and the corpse on the ground simply aren't there. Slowly creep in hints that something isn't quite right with the denizens of the world the PCs are inhabiting, friend or foe, or that the PC's themselves have something wrong with their perception.
>>
>>18108080
continued

- Everything the players try to eat grows dry and turns to dust in their hands. They only thing that doesn't when they try to eat it, is the flesh of members of their own race.

- The guards of the town the players are on a quest for have all disappeared upon their return from the quest, make a casual mention to them about it but don't make it too obvious, after talking to whomever sent them on their quest/task, the inhabitants of the village are all missing too. When they go back to the quest giver, a spot check or will save will let them see past the illusion that he's nowhere to be found and that the inside of his residence has been decorated with the blood and corpses of all who lived in the town. The quest giver is no where to be found.

- the cry of a baby is faintly heard just out of sight occasionally, a few sharp thuds are heard after that and then silence

more to come
>>
How about giving your players a corruption level, and increasing it whenever they're exposed to unnatural beings/places? Think of it a bit like a magical version of radiation. You can bump it up every time a player character kills an unnatural creature, and you could add small amounts per round to everyone in an unnatural location. If the players want to use equipment that came from an unnatural character, maybe it could corrupt them gradually?

Write up a table of mutations, from the subtle (boils, pimples, slight changes in certain features) to the overt (growing a second face, sprouting a tentacle, etc.), and weight it against the player character's current corruption level. So the more corrupted they are the more severe the mutation is likely to be.

Most importantly of all, Hide this corruption level from the players. Roll the dice behind your screen when the player character trips another corruption event (every 50 points? every 100 points?)

They'll get paranoid that they're slowly turning into monsters and they don't immediately know what's happening. I guess if you want body horror that's the way to make it interactive anyway.

As an addendum to ANYTHING you do, please use all of the senses when you describe what happens to your players. What does it look like? What does it sound like? What does it smell like? You can even use adjectives that imply a texture without it being part of the narrative.
>>
>>18108096
continued

- the players enter a area of interest, stone tablets are found inside it that depict the dismembering of humanoids on it, whomever touched the tablets are revealed to have scars now where the tablets show the humanoids being cut up

- the npcs won't say the name of some horror thats been afflicting an area of their town that is close to the nearby woods for fear that "it will take them", any of the players whom say it's name will be taken during the night, and be found by the players who didn't say it's name in any manner of your desire. If all the players say it's name, nothing happens because the horror never got so many people at once and doesn't know what to do with them all.

- the players hear the sounds of thousands of insects buzzing, chittering and scraping wherever they go, day by day, the noises get closer and closer gradually.

more to come
>>
>>18108117
continued

- boils that look like ugly faces grow on the players occasionally, they scream when removed. if they're not removed, they whisper to a player whenever they're trying to do something complicated, usually mocking them.

- everything that is written that the players find (books, wall writings, etc...) are written in infernal, and whenever they read the material, every other sentence is almost as if something is trying to talk to them, telling them that they're damned and it's waiting for them.

- animals the players own die unexplained or disappear without notice. Occasionally the animals who don't freeze in fear, unwilling to move, their eyes follow something and then fall down dead from fright, nothing is where the animal was looking.

think I'm about done, hope those helped you
>>
>>18108096
These are all great, every post so far. Thank you anon.
>>18108109
There's already a sanity attribute in 5e that you can incorporate that works essentially the same, 5e is amazing
>>
I've never played, and only have a cursory understanding of the game, so I don't know what is, and isn't possible, or what's already involved in the game, so forgive me for my ignorance, but this interests me, so I thought I'd spit ball a few ideas. Even if what I recommend isn't possible, maybe you'll be able to incorporate something from my ideas. I also don't know what sorts of creatures are lore friendly, or already exist or any of that.

- Have the players arrive in a town, and receive a quest to go receive such and such item, or kill so-and-so or what have you from a town of goblins or some such. Then upon completion of the quest have the players return to the town only to find it in ruins, or even possibly have there be no signs of there ever having been a town at all. Then throughout the game have the law occasionally attack them, or have npcs recognize them as the butchers of the town they cleared, the implication being that the evil goblin town wasn't actually evil goblins, but innocent npcs that they couldn't recognize.

-I don't know if it's possible, but have one of the players actually be replaced by a doppelganger of some sort

-Have the players fight some sort of unknown creature, and have one of the players, likely whoever takes the most damage (or even have the creature make a point of ignoring one of the players, and have them be the target) unknowingly become infected/cursed/hexed. Then every so often have them preform actions out of their control. Maybe have them do things in their sleep that they have no recollection of doing. Maybe build a shrine to something unknown out of materials that they should have no access to. Maybe have them, or everyone but them wake up to find idols of an unknown being in their inventories.
>>
>>18108033
I would've helped you, but you're bitchy and undeserving, so I won't.

And yes, /x/ is fairly slow. Look at your post numbers and times and do a little math.
>>
>>18108109
That'd be a good set up for the Cancer Mage class in the BoVD
>>
>>18107965
Why would you use 5e? Actually nevermind - using crappy systems is spooky enough.
>>
Have a baddie cleric use a gods power to create a dream world that works within the laws of the campaign your running.

You can use that to bring out the back stories of the pcs, or explore their personalities. You can bend the rules and create new monsters and traps.

They can lose sleep when in the realm or only enter it when they sleep causing a sort of nightmare on elm street scenario where they can avoid the dreamscape but take penalties on exhaustion.

Depending on how the pcs handle it they could track down and kill the cleric. Get other clerics to counter it. Defeat him in the dreamscape. Or ask the god putting up the dreamscape to release them.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.