[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spooky Roadtrip Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Haven't seen any roadtrip stories on here, let's change that shall we? I'll start.

>Moving cross country from Washington State to North Carolina, driving alone and in a bigass box truck
>First time driving alone that distance, but needs to be done because fuck hiring movers
>It's early March, still cold as hell
>First day of driving isn't too bad, I make it into Montana around 12am the first night
>Don't wanna blow cash on a Motel, so I pull over into a rest stop for some sleep
>Get maybe two hours of sleep, decide to say fuck it and head back on the road
>I am quite literally the only vehicle on the highway as far as I can see, which is a loooong way
Mind you, this is Montana, and I'm going through the passes at this point, so that makes sense
>About an hour from the rest stop, I see lights up ahead on the road, and I tell myself fuck yeah because I haven't seen anyone in three hours time
>Get a little closer, the lights suddenly go out
>Think to myself that maybe it's someone having car trouble and their battery died or something
>Still, I'm not stupid so I make sure the pistol I carry with me is within grabbing distance
>Get close enough to where the headlights on my truck illuminate the spot where the lights were, not a damn thing is around
>Chalk it up to me being exhausted, keep driving, though am a little spooked
>About another 15 minutes pass and I notice lights in the side mirror coming up on me fast
>The creepiness factor ramps up a notch because I literally had no warning - the lights kinda just popped into being
>Speed up a little, though if you have any experience with a fully loaded box truck you know they aren't exactly speedsters
>The lights seem to speed up with me and tail me
>Continues like this until about an hour before sunrise, then just as fast as they appeared they're gone
>By this point I say fuck it, take the next exit and find a hotel
Continued in next post
>>
>>18106628
>The town is a little old mining town I think, really old buildings, lots of cowboy looking people and farmers
>Grab breakfast, grab a cheap hotel, and pass out until about nine that night
>Fuel up, grab some snacks, check my map (no gps, so sue me) and head out
>By this point I'm just now hitting the flatlands part of Montana, well the flatter part
>Plains to the right, plains to the left, and a full moon to illuminate everything
>There's still snow in a lot of places, so I'm trying to be careful in case of black ice on the road
>Driving for a few hours, right back to no vehicles on the road, so I pull over to take a piss
>Doing my business, I'm looking out across the plains when I see movement over one of the patches of snow
>Figure it's some deer, continue on my business, until whatever is moving stops dead like it's frozen
>At this point I'm done but I'm curious to see what the hell it is
>It stands there for awhile unmoving, then bolts off towards a stand of trees
>I turn and head for the truck when I hear a godawful noise like an animal getting fucked badly
>I literally say aloud fuck that noise and hop my ass back into the cab of the truck, turn it over, and speed my ass up the road
>Tell myself I'm just tired from the trip up and not being used to driving this distance alone
>About an hour later, take another piss break
>See movement in the field about 150 yards off from where I am
>Remember what happened earlier, will the piss to come faster and watch the area
>Something bolts from the little bit of cover in that area and takes off on all fours, but the gait is weird
>Piss shuts off instantly, and I run over to the door and hop inside, go to start it up, but all I get is a fucked engine noise
>Shit.
>Pull out phone, notice that I actually have service, and call the rental place
>While I'm waiting for an answer I'm looking out the windows and watching for whatever the thing was
>>
>>18106628
booomp
>>
>>18106677
>Finally get an answer, and while they're looking up where I am (the truck had gps) I see the thing kinda just loping around in the field
>Weird movement, like it's back is messed up or some shit
>Person on the other end informs me it'll be about four hours before they can get someone out to me
>Fuck My Life
>Tell them to hurry it up, guess I sounded weird because the person asked me if everything was okay
>Remember blurting out that there was a weird animal in the field by me and that I was kinda spooked by it
>Person laughs and says I must have not seen a deer before, then hangs up
>At this point I'm pissed that the truck broke down and that the fucker pretty much called me a dumbass
>Haven't been looking at the thing
>Go to look at it, and it's gone
>Lock both doors, turn the battery on so I at least have lights, and wait
>About an hour passes when I see lights coming from behind, and fast
>Think to myself fuck yeah, I'm gonna kiss that tow driver (it's march in Montana and I'm cold as balls)
>Lights get maybe a football fields length from me, then cut out
>Warning bells start going off in my head so I grab my pistol, chamber a round, and make sure I have a spare mag just in case it's crazy hillbillies looking for some butt sex
>Sit there for what seems like forever, then the lights come back on, except now they're down in the field
>At this point I'm almost certain it's crazy hillbillies, up until the weird animal thing comes walking out towards the lights
>It looked somewhat similar to pic, except without the tails and spikes, and fur everywhere
>Am thinking to myself what the hell did I smoke, then remember I don't smoke at all
>The thing kinda walks into the lights, and a few seconds later they just vanish
>At this point I say fuck this and start trying to turn the damn engine over because I want away from whatever just happened
>Of course this fails, so I say screw it and sit there
>>
>>18106700
it was prolly and inbred deer
>>
>>18106700
>Sitting there for a good ten minutes when the lights appear in front of me, and coming fast as hell
>Too fast for me to really do anything, so I kind of just accept my fate that I'm going to die in a crash or something
>Literally black out
>Get woken up by someone beating on the driver door, the sun is up
>Get out, feel like shit and hurt like I'd been through 12 rounds of a fight
>Guy says he'd been banging on the door for a good half hour, doesn't make sense that I didn't wake up cause I'm a light sleeper
>Also asks what the fuck I did to the back of the truck and the tires
>Am completely confused until he shows me
>All the tires are fucked, like someone took straight razors to them, and the back of the truck where the main hatch is is just fucked all to hell, door open and loads of my shit scattered out around the back
>Explain to him that it wasn't me, but he's having none of it
>He and his partner help me get up as much of my stuff as I can, secure the door, then they hook it up to the truck and pull her up
>We get into town, and they take me to the sheriffs office for vandalism of private property
>Have to sit in some podunk little station and explain to this no nonsense looking guy what happened
>He buys it, says I'm not the first person to report stuff like that
>Have to stay in town for a few days until I can get a new truck and transfer all my stuff, so I put my time to good use asking around
>Apparently for as long as there had been a road around there, people had been reporting weird stuff like that
>When I asked about the animal, they said it had something to do with the native tribe in the area
>Get new truck, hightail it out of there during the day

Sadly that's all to the story - the rest of the trip was uneventful (besides a few weird lights in the sky and in a few forests I passed) and I apologize for the lackluster ending.
>>
>>18106721
Hey at least you survived
>>
>>18106731
Yeah, that is a plus haha
I'd just like to know what it all was, y'know?
>>
>>18106734
what sort of things were missing from the back of your truck? I woulda been worried if it wasn't just rummaging for the food.
>>
>>18106738
>I had a few boxes of ammo for my rifles missing, some family photos, a box of clothes, some books, and little souvenirs like shells and rocks
>>
>>18106721

Skinwalkers maybe?
>>
>>18106761
I dunno. I didn't smell anything, and one of the telltale signs of the skinwalker is their scent, correct?
Then again it was cold as balls outside and my nose wasn't working, so maybe there was a smell and I never noticed.
>>
>>18106734
The lights that kept appearing - do you think they were headlights, that someone kept turning them off in a poor attempt to be stealthy? And they interacted with the thing?

Or were the lights more like floating orbs? Disembodied? Omnidirectional?
>>
I've had weird light things while driving at night, but nothing spooky, just, oh, that's odd moments. Obviously can't explain what it is, a ball of light tracking alongside a car at night in a field, was with a friend who saw it too
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.