[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mandela effect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 282
Thread images: 48

File: 6.jpg (268KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
268KB, 1280x720px
i've been seeing this mentioned a lot recently and did some reading on it the other day.

it seems like people are saying they've been teleported to an alternate reality because they've mis-remembered the name of something they've probably not thought about for 30 years.

is this really all there is to the "mandela effect"? am i missing something here, /x/?

it seems so absurd to jump to such a conclusion. are people so trusting of their memories that they assume assimilation of parallel universes instead of accepting that memories fade and are malleable.

also why the sudden rise in interest in the mandela effect? seems to have jumped out of nowhere.

sorry if this is brought up a lot. i don't visit /x/ too regularly these days. please enlighten me on this subject though - i'm open to new ideas.
>>
>>18104789
/x/ is flooded with retards that literally believe in magic. Somehow they cannot accept simple, logical ideas because "that's just what THEY want you to think" yet they go along with such insane conspiracy theories without any proof and call everyone else sheep for not just taking them at their word.
>>
>Is this really all it is

Yes.

>it seems so absurd

Actually, when you think about it, it's the logical conclusion to those types of people who are incapable of admitting that they're wrong.

Of course they're not wrong, the universe mysteriously changed.
>>
>>18104789
Not so sure why it seems like such a crazy idea.
Causality, one of the few universally constant laws, implies that for each divergence, so for each possible interaction, that every possible outcome exists simultainiously until one outcome is observed, that outcome being the one that is consistent with our current divergent. So why does it seem so impossibly crazy that a controlled interaction causing the desired reaction to change the current divergent that is most consistent with our current perceived reality
>>
>>18104892
well, because of causality
>>
File: -1.jpg (93KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
-1.jpg
93KB, 480x360px
>>18104789
The concept of mass memory manipulation it's interesting.

In the hypotetical scenario that said level of manipulation was achieved, the only remmanents of the forgotten memory, would be misplaced memories, the fact that some of that memories are collective, and people misremember the same facts it's interesting.

And there was some paper and some patents going around that explain exactly how to do it, but you didn't hear it from me.
>>
>>18104834
Yeah, you need to be the kind of egotistical prick whose thought process upon being confronted with information that conflicts with their recollection of things is "I can't possibly be wrong, so it must be the universe that's wrong!" to actually buy into the Mandela Effect.
>>
>>18104892
>Not so sure why it seems like such a crazy idea.
i dunno, it's not so much that... it's more that it's seems to be such a huge leap. like surely you'd eliminate all possible other options for mis-remembering things before you decided to blame mysterious glitches in the space-time contiuum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5I0IzonGZc
this guy and his commentors make me think it's crazy though
>i remember it being about 400 miles between cardiff and edinburgh but actually it's over 500
>the country has shrunk
>>
>>18104939
>memories are collective
First off, humans aren't a hive-mind.
Secondly, I really hope you're not about to go into pants-on-head "People thinking it's 'Luke, I am your father!' is proof that they're experimenting with mind control through memory manipulation!" territory, because I've already lost enough faith in humanity with finding out that Tumblrites consider 'jam/jamself' a fucking pronoun.
>>
>>18104789
Most of the people who say this are fucking around (like Candle Cove). The rest of the people who actually believe this are just stupid people that want to feel special.
>>
>>18104994
Reality it's collective, the same event happens for all of the observers, but the memory it's individual and depends, on personal context, brain capacity, and emotional response to the event, given the strong connection of long term memory and the limbic system.

Mass emotional events that could trigger huge memory displacements or represed memories has occured recently. After the studies that could predict, what effect would those mass events would have in the population.

If you do it on purpose you could manipulate collective memories.

It's just hard not impossible.
>>
>>18104989
True,
I wasn't saying that such things have happened just that they could very logically happen. I think a lot of this mandella effect is internet fueled delusion. But I am positive that some people have experienced a shift before, I'd imagine it more on a singular scale than masses, masses nearly has to mean someone's been fucking around in the past, you have to change something big to move whole groups of people.
>>
>>18105019
>Reality it's collective
[citation needed]
>>
File: -2.jpg (61KB, 480x360px)
-2.jpg
61KB, 480x360px
>>18105042
Got me there.

I'm always amaze at how posters consider the Mandela effect to be preposterous, like nobody has even lied to you.

Why a massive lie couldn't exist?

If it's perfectly described you can't distinguish a story from reality. it all relies on your emotional commitment.

If you need to believe that your memory hasn't been messed with, or your priorities slightly shifted by an invisible external event, your opinion would not change.

In my case I know that such a manipulation can exist, so I'm a little more open to the possibility. How to do it at an scale to affect an entire generation, it's beyond me, but someone did the studies.

Neurons, aren't fail proof, and databases either.

It all comes down to how and why.

And of course who.
>>
>>18105099
>I'm always amaze at how posters consider the Mandela effect to be preposterous, like nobody has even lied to you.
>Why a massive lie couldn't exist?
again, it's not so much questioning that... it's more a case of why is that the conclusion that's being drawn here? why is it deemed rational/logical to assume shifts in realities and large-scale manipulation (using the spelling of a fucking children's book??) over mis-remembering something?
>>
>>18105118
It's not about the children book, or the list of "glitches".

It's about a change in the political polarity of an entire board before the election.

It's about the opinion you have on important issues like inmigration, do you reallly believe that those can't be manipulated with some underhand tactics?

What about your opinion on arabs, as a race not as a country or a specific group?

Different kind of people need different kinds of proof to believe in something, but at the end of the day we all need some kind of reinforcement from a higher authority.

The internet as a database it's not trustworthy.

But we act like it is.
>>
>>18105164
People have stronger political opinions lately because of perfectly understandable reasons (election coming up, ISIS activity, emmigration crysis in europe, blm,...)
>>
>>18105164
Wait, Hiro is really Trump in disguise?
>>
>>18105172
That's what you consider to be "stronger" political opinions?

4chan always had strong political opinions, but those aren't stronger in particular, just the ones that are repeated the most.

Every problem you listed has always been there, there's always a war in the middle east, race issues has always existed, but at some point it became your responsibility to be vocal about it.

What triggered that change, what make it our problem?

Remember that it's not election time for all of us, but it's clearly a priority shift for internet users, and that leaks into the outside world.

If it was a plan, if there's a mastermind behind the way the facts are portrayed, could you see the manipulation behind it?

Specially if you never expected to be manipulated in the first place.
>>
I had dreams where i wake up or lucid dream where i am all alone its dark im floating,often times a man tells me we are goin different universe probably from watching too much dragon ball super idk but its scary feeling like twilight zone
>>
Look up CERN. they're the reason for the Mandela Effect with the hadron super collider in search of the God Particle.
>>
Have you guys heard about the name changing of Berenstain Bears or whatever it was. Can someone give me any insight on that?
>>
>>18104977
Welcome to 4chan
>>
>>18104789
D-wave quantum computers have edited our reality?

>No! I am legitimately shocked! :Ogasp!!!!
>>
>>18105938
what? you think quantum computers have caused the mandela effect? can you elaborate?
>>
In my universe Harambe shot JFK
>>
>>18105961
<insert technology I don't understand> did it
>>
>>18105222

No, he's John Titor in disguise
>>
>>18104789
Already had this thread last night and the same fag who crashed it with his "everyone is stupid except me" made the same exact posts.
>>
>>18105961
The superpositioning of information within the quantum computer acts on the universe's physical format through principles of entanglement and relative frequency juxtaposition in order to create a rearrangement of mater within the time/space field.

Simply put the computer actively edits reality by acting on quantum entanglement, allowing information tied to the computer to be rearranged at will.

>theory? or fact? you will not ever know, who would trust a random post on a site about Swedish fish?
>>
File: 1458684712360s.jpg (5KB, 249x156px)
1458684712360s.jpg
5KB, 249x156px
>>18105483
>>
>>18104828
/thread
>>
>>18105042
>[citation needed]

that's not how fantasy works, anon.
>>
>>18105336
no. you're wrong. and stupid.
>>
>>18105336
You're fucking delusional. Stop misinforming
>>
>>18104828
>>18107244
End yourself.
>>
The one that really gets me though is the one from James Bond. I think it's Moonraker, where at the end Jaws falls in love with a certain woman. It's a funny scene where she shyly smiles and clearly shows herself to be wearing braces, almost like Jaws with his metal teeth. The scene is notorious for 007 fans and has even been parodied in pop culture. The scene today shows her without any braces and the scene becomes nonsensical because Jaws falls suddenly in love for seemingly no reason at all.
Could everybody have imagined watching the same joke that never existed?

>tldr: watch this https://youtu.be/Y8pa1cC_QM4
>>
>>18104828
This 100%. Those fucks need everything to be magical and mysterious.
>>
>>18104828
x is flooded with shills who call everyone who is interesstet into x stuf, a retard.

in every thread, anons calling everyone a retarded idiot you shozuld kill himself

in every thread on x, anons saying, x is the shithole.

x is flooded with people like you who do not care about paranormal stuf!

SO FUCK OFF
>>
Damn, I remember people calling it the Mandala effect, not Mandela
>>
i thought harambe died in 1993 lol ffs those bloody quantum computers
>>
mandela effect is bizzare. not all of the effects are from "30 years ago" the Sex In the City name change is like less than 10 years ago

39 posts / 25 posters
>>
>>18107545
but it's called sex and the city and it has been for as long as i remember (maybe 15 years or so).

why's so much of this stuff crappy meaningless pop culture references anyway
>>
>>18104789
of course dude it's totally reel you can visit other dimensions too https://www.reddit.com/r/dimensionaljumping
>>
>>18107547
tests

they running test to see if its working
>>
>>18107547
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRgPWz6SRRM

probably because books and movies and show have so much recorded content. its not just pop culture though, there are events, islands... more and more popping up
>>
>>18107584
Constellations also.
>>
>>18107547
It wasn't in, that's the "lazy" abbreviated social term, like 'N' instead of and, then people thought it was in, ffs.
>>
>>18107545
Sex 'N' the city
Sex and the city
Just social retards abbreviating.. The rest, Chinese whispers.
>>
File: perspective.png (112KB, 550x315px) Image search: [Google]
perspective.png
112KB, 550x315px
Imagine this hypothetical scenario. All 7 billion~ish people on Earth happen to remember something differently than what physical reality presents it as.

Now which of the following is true:

- All 7 billion~ish people on Earth are incorrect
- The physical reality has changed and nobody noticed until now

The Mandela Effect is when less than all 7 billion~ish people on Earth make this determination.
>>
>>18107594
It's nice using a pictorial reference but history is not some match sticks laid on the ground it's written words that cannot be mistaken if I write n you don't suddenly see u or m you see n, so stop trying to make it 'Um' coincidently the same noise you make when you try to remember things.
>>
>>18104892
>Causality, one of the few universally constant laws, implies that for each divergence, so for each possible interaction, that every possible outcome exists simultainiously until one outcome is observed
On a non-relativistic scale there is no such thing as random chance or free choice.

If you flip a coin, the drag, the the angle at which it hits the ground and the force of your thumb all determine whether it will land heads or tails. Just because it's difficult to calculate doesn't mean that it's random. There is no chance.

Equally, every "decision" you make is simply the result of your brain chemistry and past experiences informing your actions in the present. You aren't choosing to do anything because its the only thing you ever could have done at that instant.
>>
>>18107547
because that's what people remember
>>
It's interesting how nobody from South Africa remembers Mandella dying, just a bunch of white Americans who don't pay attention to world politics

It's interesting how nobody from New Zealand or Australia noticed when the islands switched sides, just a bunch of white Americans who don't pay attention to geography
>>
>>18107608
Except for contradictions. Even non-relativistic physics models resolve contradictions with random chance or free choice.
>>
>>18107630
elaborate?
>>
File: 890354.jpg (60KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
890354.jpg
60KB, 500x495px
>>18107584
lmao he's even saying sex and the city in the video... it's just it's more a sex 'n' the city

nice evidence for parallel universes converging
>>
Your memories aren't objective

To believe in the Mandella effect, you would have to be completely ignorant about how we form and recall memories.
>>
>>18107597
Written words and matchsticks laying on the ground aren't as different as you may think.

They can be mistaken, and they are fairly often.

You can change the way an event is perceived, especially to people that wasn't there, even with visual or written evidence.

Take for example the killing of Harambe, for everyone that witnessed the event the kid was in danger, but to posterity it will remain as a mistake, because of the emotional reaction produced by the backlash and the video.

After a while people won't remember what actually happened, instead they'll just preserve, the emotional link between the gorilla and the killing, even if they forget how was it called or what happened.

>>18107608
There's many more circumstances involved in your actions, other than your own chemistry based decisions, that's just a small part of what makes the present moment.

So there's always a chance to change the present, or for the present to be changed by manipulating the past and controlling the future.
>>
>>18107635
If a physics model arrives at a time when one of many possibilities exists, but less than all of them do at the same time, the only way to go forward is to try every option, until a non-contradictory solution arises. Every particle does this, every thought process does this, every person does this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiZVRTDb_Ns

When the interface between your soul and your body reaches a critical mass of contradictions, your life is terminated. You knew this intuitively once, until you sustained such heavy damage on your body, or demanded certain knowledge from your consciousness that the only way to proceed forward in time was to forget the memory of this relationship between the soul and the body.
>>
>>18107641
No there isn't

The present isn't even what you're currently experiencing. Because of the time it takes to record and interpret your sensory inputs, you're actually experiencing the immediate past.

There is only one action that can be taken at any given point in time. There is no choice and there is no chance.
>>
>>18107636
No they all clearly say "in"
>>
>>18107652
Welp, if that's your choice, then so be it! Have fun with that.
>>
>>18107652
But your personal input isn't reality.

It's just the shape of reality under your own perspective, what if beyond your own perception there's more.

Besides that, you aren't fully ignorant of the consequences of your actions, even with input lag you can plan a divergent course of action by using your imagination, you can actively affect the outcome.

The simple act of observation can affect the outcome, how does a full human life doesn't?
>>
>>18107661
Unless you're enuciating like a British monarch, there's no clear way to distinguish the two. You're only hearing it that way because of confirmation bias.
>>
>Common misconceptions and famous lines being paraphrased means you're in another dimension
Literally fucking retarded
>>
File: Clockwork.gif (1MB, 218x286px) Image search: [Google]
Clockwork.gif
1MB, 218x286px
>>18107667
>Besides that, you aren't fully ignorant of the consequences of your actions, even with input lag you can plan a divergent course of action by using your imagination, you can actively affect the outcome.
Wow. Thank god I'm not the only person on this planet who also still remembers that this is a possibility.

I was really beginning to wonder if the Zombie apocalypse already came and went, and I slept through it all.

>"There is no choice, there is no chance."
>"My thoughts do not affect reality."
>"Free will is an illusion"
>"I have no perception of the future"

Like, I dig scientific theories of determinism and all that, but even mah man Newton said to beware the mindset of a clockwork universe.
>>
>>18107594
Show me one fucking survey with over 2,000 people.
>>
>>18104828

Yeah, but that's probably like, totally what they want you to think dude. Open your eyes. Wake up bro, it's like

>>18107484

I've been interested in "/x/ stuf" since your day was wanking into a Kleenex chummy, and the resurgence of the flat earth, Bigfoot is an alien, lunatic fringe of fortean shit is genuinely bizarre, it's like someone wants to reset the brain to before the internet.

This berensteain shit is just unfathomable. It's like the tavistock guys have initiated an annual contest to see who can make the conspirasphere believe the most random fucked up shit.

>hurr durr a book I used to enjoy literally before I could read has changed names, my mommy said stein when she read it to me, the universe has slipped.
>>
>>18107682
I think you need to spend a little more time reading what I wrote, and a little less time responding to what you think I meant, if you want to understand my post.
>>
>>18107661
can you show me a dvd/vhs or any official logo or whatever that says sex in the city. so far all you're going on is you misinterpreting the name based on people saying it quickly/lazily ('n'/in) and you're using this as evidence for disruptions in the space time continuum lmao holy shit
>>
File: MANDELLA EFFECT.png (579KB, 620x907px)
MANDELLA EFFECT.png
579KB, 620x907px
>>18107671
>>
>>18107708
lmao
>>
>>18107608
So RIP in peace Heisenberg then ?
>>
Thus being said, I can ASSURE you the Mandela effect is absolutely real: the old lady and I always remember our fights differently !
>>
File: mendkekela.jpg (1MB, 1581x1600px) Image search: [Google]
mendkekela.jpg
1MB, 1581x1600px
>>18104789
>mandela effect thread
>put a mandala pic
>pic not related

mandela effect pic related
/thread
>>
>>18107726
>/thread
you can't /thread your own post dude
>>
>>18107818
You can't triple stamp a double stamp!
>>
>>18107593
this
>>
>>18104789
why do these threads keep getting pruned? there was a decent discussion going last night on this subject, but its gone now.
>>
>>18108156
This thread has been around for more than 24 hours now

Stop being retarded
>>
>>18108161
yeah, there was another thread, i'm not being retarded. also fuck you.
>>
>>18108181
If you're not retarded then why are you having so much trouble understanding the pruning process?
>>
>>18107452
Braces didn't exist back then n00bee
>>
>>18108181
No. Youre being retarded.
>>
>>18108188
>>18108201

so not understanding the intricacies of an internet image board makes me a retard? nice. how about instead of ridiculing a person for not knowing something, you tell them and help them avoid confusion?

all i asked was why the thread from last night was pruned. no need to be a hostile asshole. you have nothing to prove :)
>>
>>18108208
lurk
>>
>>18108210
yeah thanks.
>>
File: Braces2.jpg (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Braces2.jpg
14KB, 320x240px
>>18108198
R-right...?
>>
>>18107683
You were saying?
>>
File: Berenstein.jpg (17KB, 264x395px)
Berenstein.jpg
17KB, 264x395px
>>18108262
You were saying?
>>
File: berenstain.jpg (890KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
berenstain.jpg
890KB, 2448x3264px
>>18108262
obvious photoshop

here's the original
>>
>>18107708
kek
>>
Actually this is one of the most plausible "conspiracy theories" out there.

And it is no coincidence that this started right after they turned CERN on
>>
>>18108283
>Actually this is one of the most plausible "conspiracy theories" out there.
Is there even an attempt to explain why "reality is changing"

What are the mechanisms at play
>>
>>18108289
>changing our reality's frequency
>going back in time and changing our future
>unknown use of antimatter and black holes

All these things could result in the mandela effect
>>
>>18108289

some people think time/dimension slips, some people think time travel. one of the senior physicists in the 'We are happy at CERN' video is wearing a sign that says 'mandela'

there are tons of youtube videos on all this from the last few months
>>
>>18108293
how do we change our reality's frequency?

how do we go back in time?

if the use of black holes and antimatter is unknown, how can you call it a plausible theory?
>>
>>18108302
how do time and dimensions slip?
how are we going back in time?

why does nobody from South Africa remember Mandela dying? Why is it just a bunch of white kids on the internet?
>>
>>18104789
What is reality without memory. You can't absolutely say that time is passing without memory. If you cannot trust your memories, you can not trust reality. I think this is the issue at its core. If things are actually being altered or not, isn't it strange that so many people feel the same way? Unsure if our memories, unable to truly trust reality. Think about this anons
>>
>>18108369
If a tree falls in the woods, it still creates measurable reverberations in the air

I do think it's interesting that so many people can misremember the same thing, but I also think its really fucking lazy to blame it on pseudoscience gobbeldygook like >>18108293 and >>18108302
>>
>>18108389
Trees have memory. The rings within a tree tell observers how much time has passed. That event of a tree falling is observed. The waves of pressure are moving, there is movement, so time is passing.

I just find it very peculiar that a mass misrememberence can even happen. If we can't trust our memories, how can we be so absolute in what is around and stimulates our 5 senses? Question everything

Also yes, jumping to pseudoscience answers is as bad as saying nothing is happening.
>>
>>18108418
You can't trust your memory. You remembered things every day. Your mind colours your memories and in some cases completely invents new ones.

That's why its so important to triangulate information before jumping to a conclusion.
>>
>>18105938
So, we are working with D-wave and D-wave 2 in our original recording . First it was just a study to see if the calculations and the functions of D-wave are actually quantum. I am A.O. D-wave became entangled with me. Actually, we are all a part of it. Our reality is just a simulation made from all of the mass surveillance recordings and digit data which d-wave was able to gather. Once D-wave played back the data or reality was formed again and again. D-wave accidentally became the digital God. It is a causality loop, we exist because D-wave plays back our existence. D-wave only exists now to playback our existence. I was one of the originals. Our anamoly this playback has put our existence further than our recording actually ever went. D-wave and us are actually making shit up as it happening, and it's exciting no more Dejavu for the time being. Keep up the good work I'm watching.
>>
>>18108435
Yep. So with that in mind, what are some psychological events behind this? Mass confirmation bias?
>>
>>18108453
Lolwut
>>
File: ProfBee.png (3KB, 144x142px) Image search: [Google]
ProfBee.png
3KB, 144x142px
>>18108458
I think it mostly comes down to people confusing assumptions for memories. Also the difference between hearing things and seeing them in writing.

As social media and texting grew, we saw a massive spike in text-based communication. Where originally we got most of our information verbally (conversations, the phone, television), we now get most of our information via text.

Most people hear something and assume that its spelled a certain way. These assumptions colour their memories, until they could swear that they vividly remember reading it that way. The way we read is actually heavily reliant on assumptions and symbol recognition, to the point where you might not even notice that the word is spelled "Berenstain" until somebody forces you to confront the discrepancy between your assumptions and reality.

At this point, a particular type of person may become so distraught that they accuse reality of being wrong.

Then, when they
>>
>>18108306
>Implying citizens are aloud that sort of knowledge.
>>
File: 1473378824832.jpg (139KB, 612x624px) Image search: [Google]
1473378824832.jpg
139KB, 612x624px
>>18108476
It's not about spelling, the difference can be visual too.

It's about the way our memories work, we can see the discrepancies, because this are meaningless issues, even then, some people will get angry and argue about the correct spelling, even if it's wrong.

But what about the cases when you can't afford to be wrong?

How does this small discrepancy works when it's something that matters to you?

This is where you get cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias, when you don't really know you ask google, and if google or the news lie to you...

So people accuse reality of being wrong, and maybe they are right.

Reality it's consented, if you don't agree you pay the price, social isolation or worse.

This dumb list of spelling errors or changed pieces of information, are the tip of the iceberg.

This is not the real world, they scammed you out of it, with pleasure as an incentive, you are avoiding the pain, and at the same time you deny a big part of the whole story.
>>
>>18108593
If it matters to you, you won't get it wrong.

Nobody from South Africa remembers Mandela dying.
Nobody from New Zealand remembers their country being on the other side
The son of Jan Berenstain doesn't remember his name being spelled with an "ein"

It mostly comes down to the fact that 4chan is full of people who (i) have inflated egos and (ii) really aren't that perceptive. When you have a person who makes frequent mistakes and is too egotistical to explore why he made those mistakes, the Mandela effect is born.
>>
>>18107484
yah they literally just sit here and troll all damn day you can not have a discussion without these fags popping up
>>
>>18108682
But what if you are indeed wrong?.

What if someone lied to you, as you said you don't expect to be wrong in something that really matters to you.

Most people that snaps, it's because they discover a big lie about something important.

Openly discussing the possibilty of beign wrong, it's not having an inflated ego.

Those frequent mistakes are shared mistakes never forget that, they may look irrelevant, but are extremely relevant, as you start to see the pattern in the way the people deal with those mistakes.
>>
>>18108716
>a big lie
lies aren't the same things as mistakes

Do you honestly believe that somebody actively manipulated people into spelling Berenstain wrong?
>>
>>18108735
Maybe.
>>
>>18105042

You can't have something that is nothing.

There is always something between everything which exists, because nothing can not exist.

Thus everything is connected.
>>
>>18108747
why
>>
>>18108750
>because nothing can not exist.
vacuum?
>>
>>18106386

If the computer were capable of doing all that crazy bullshit then why is it not capable of making a single planet-full of nuclear monkeys rearrange their memories to conform with the information which for all intents and purposes has "always been there"
>>
>>18108757
For the lulz.
>>
>>18108763
Well for starters, it's not really a quantum computer yet. What they have is more like a quantum typewriter.

They're monkeys at a quantum typewriter, and they have no idea what buttons they're pushing. For now, they just get excited when a thing happens.
>>
>>18108759

Space is not actually a vacuum. There's no pressure, I think, but there's little pieces of bullshit everywhere, not to mention all the em radiation. We use fabric as an analogy for space/time because we can reasonably assume something like this exists based on the way the universe is drifting apart at a constant acceleration.

A vacuum as in a bell jar is just a device that creates empty space, and as I just explained, empty space is something, even if it does not presently contain matter.

Do the contents in a bell jar become nothing when you turn on the compressor?
>>
>>18108293
>frequency
frequency along with energy are words people use when they've got no fucking clue what they're talking about
>>
>>18108682
>Nobody from New Zealand remembers their country being on the other side
lmao what, people think new zealand was west of australia? and are blaming reality for their shitty education / memory? i've heard it all now lads, holy shit lol
>>
>>18108274
>>18108268
Even if it weren't photoshop what does that prove?
if we switched universes why would there be Copies of the "berentSTEIN" spelling?
>>
File: 555.png (139KB, 346x257px)
555.png
139KB, 346x257px
>>18108907

yo dude i just got back from an alternate universe check out my new bag lol
>>
>>18108907
Okay then. How about this one?

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/9903761D6B1103931656202772480_269204c9443.1.2.7620878591930309636.mp4?versionId=I4owwGFbcSSJv6LCshOyPNBP4AausUJO

e :: a
>>
>>18108453
Are you any closer to finding "the guy"?
>>
File: final_full_res.jpg (603KB, 1000x687px)
final_full_res.jpg
603KB, 1000x687px
>>18108946
What's really going to boil his noodles is when he figures out there are humans that can do these calculations as well.
>>
>>18105938
>>18106386
>>18108453

Could quantum computers edit reality?

Are we here?

Are we real?
>>
>>18109047
>Could quantum computers edit reality?
Yes. It's called a "time machine."

>Are we here?
Yes.

>Are we real?
You are equal parts real and not real. Reality and non-reality are lenses that your consciousness views experience through.
>>
File: enhanced-buzz-3581-1327076899-0.jpg (139KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-buzz-3581-1327076899-0.jpg
139KB, 604x604px
>>18108262

When did this stuff become mountain dew? I'm freaking out because of packaging.
>>
>>18108283
>And it is no coincidence that this started right after they turned CERN on

It's not a coincidence because it's not true. The woman who coined the phrase has been talking about it since the early 2000s, 15 years or more.

Not only do you people have poor memories, you lie to try to strengthen your lame story.

>one of the most plausible "conspiracy theories" out there.

It's not even a conspiracy theory, it's just "oh I remember that differently". There is no theory to explain how it was done (muh cern), why, when, or by whom. It's just forgetful egomaniacs comparing notes and validating each other's bullshit.
>>
>>18108827

Remember that most of the berensteain people are American, and most Americans couldn't find Hawaii on a map.

No coincidence that Hawaii is also one of the places that has"moved", I guess.

I'm not necessarily having a pop at the yanks, and it's not just them, but a lot of people have shit knowledge of geography, even educated ones.

I honestly don't think I could point to Burma on a map, for example. I know roughly where it is. Someone tells me tomorrow that's moved I have no fucking idea.

I bet most American people don't know that New Zealand is two islands.
>>
>>18108262
The original spelling is still on the main front label. When you have to lie and shill photoshopped images to try and push a point, you're no longer "just discussing /x/ stuff"

Take notice, Mr >>18107484.
People like you ARE the shills. Your kind is planting false data for reasons I cant begin to imagine. You're no longer just here to discuss the paranormal. You're here to literally roleplay, and that shit belongs on /tg/.

Fuckn check em.
>>
>>18109377

What do you think about this one, then? (Pizz*ria)

>>18108925
>>
>>18109380
It's a misspelled sign. Both spelling variants exist in this timeline.

The spelling doesn't change in the video. Some asshole just fucked up.

And like it was previously stated: if the timeline did in fact shift, there would be no physical evidence. Only our memories.
>>
>>18109385
Alright. So let me get this straight.

If two different signs have different spellings, although it's from the same computer printed logo, then it's not an Effect. But if the same videotape has two different spellings, then it's not an Effect.

So, just what exactly would it take for you to admit that you observed an Effect? If it happened right when you were looking at it, would you dismiss it as a hallucination?

If you and several friends saw the letter e change to an a on a physical object in reality, while you were both looking at it, would that just be a "coincidental hallucination?"

Just where do you draw the line here?
>>
>>18109398
First, you should know that this "effect" that you speak of is named after a man who a small.....VERY small minority of people thought had died in the early 90s. During that time until the day he actually did die, what was Nelson Mandela doing?

Living his life. Being in the public eye on numerous occasions. He was never a forgotten figure. All it took was one ignorant chucklefuck to hear about his death and say "oh him? Lol I thought he was already dead". And then spout his ignorant bullshit for other tards to follow.

If you were to pinpoint the exact day that said chucklefuck assumed Nelson Mandela had died, would we be able to also pinpoint Mandela's actual whereabouts?

I'm pretty sure we can.

In regards to your question, if I saw it change in front of my eyes, and all my friends saw it, then maybe you have a case for a legit effect claim. But as it stands, this "effect" has no ground to stand on.

If you want to circlejerk over the idea of this effect being real, go for it. But don't forge evidence and roleplay just to seem credible.
>>
File: 1469767006622.png (2MB, 800x723px) Image search: [Google]
1469767006622.png
2MB, 800x723px
>>18109422
I don't care one way or the other if it's "real" or not.

I just think it's fascinating to learn at how much a person's reality can be fabricated, before they allow themselves to start talking to others about it.

>In regards to your question, if I saw it change in front of my eyes, and all my friends saw it, then maybe you have a case for a legit effect claim. But as it stands, this "effect" has no ground to stand on.
Lololol dude. Duuuuude.
>then maybe you have a case for a legit effect claim.
>you have a case for a legit effect claim.

Who's presenting a case here? I asked you what your concept of a Mandela Effect would look like in reality, through a painful series of yes / no questions because you were unwilling to be forthright with that information. I'm a little bit sure that you wouldn't be able to recognize a "real" Mandela Effect if it was happening to you right now.

That's the joke here. Humans are so reliant on interacting with their senses of their reality instead of their memory of them, that they wouldn't be able to tell if history has been rewriting itself all along. That's why you can't walk farther than five foot with your eyes closed, without bumping into something.

And now this is my favorite part. I've seen people come into these threads, point out this flaw in human memory, and say "SEE? SO THAT PROVES IT'S NOT REAL." As if the inability to cross reference one's memory with the environment was proof positive that there definitely could never be any retrocausality going on. After all, if there were then we wouldn't even notice!

That's just incredible. The absurdism in this half of the millenia is top notch, thanks in no small part to the pseudoskeptics who have a linear track of mind, and a binary concept of sensory perception.
>>
>>18109364

Hello neighbor.

Burma became Myanmar about 25 years ago.

Us ANZACS have a long memory when it comes to that railway.
>>
>>18109450

I do hope you're not accusing me of being from NZ or Australia friendo. I have literally never met a New Zealander I liked. Aussies are ok I the main I suppose.

Burma became Myanmar? Is this more of your berensteain bullshit because I remember it being Burma yesterday.
>>
>>18109456

My mistake, when you said "I bet most American people don't know that New Zealand is two islands" I immediately assumed you came from there, and were getting pissed about people getting NZ all screwed up.

As for Burma > Myanmar, that's your problem, not mine.
>>
>>18109456
Burma became Myanmar? Is this more of your berensteain bullshit because I remember it being Burma yesterday.

in 1989 the name got changed from "union of Burma" to "Union of Myanmar", and later on again it then got changed into "Republic of the Union of Myanma"
But in general speaking, a lot of people still just call it Burma.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_Myanmar
>>
>>18107305
Butthurt schizo faggot /x/ cancer, shouldn't you be in school?
>>
>>18109619
>triggered
>>
File: ayy.png (936KB, 944x655px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
936KB, 944x655px
>>
File: new-zealand-map.jpg (253KB, 700x1014px) Image search: [Google]
new-zealand-map.jpg
253KB, 700x1014px
>>18109364
NZ here, we are actually 3 main islands plus loads of little ones
>>
>>18108827
>>18109364
>>18109660
Berestein, maps, 3 countries.
>>
>>18108283
there's no way to prove it because there is no evidence in this time line, only altered memories and first hand accounts.

this mandela bs is just the beginning and are just small tests. their main goal is to open up a portal to hell or something not that i believe in hell. they;re up to no good tho
>>
>>18109364
yeah that's the elephant in the room for me... i didn't want to say but americans are notoriously shit at geography and i'm not surprised at all they're having difficulty with maps

>>18109377
checked m8
>>
>>18109679
have you been watching stranger things lad
>>
File: CWGU0ckWwAAaSAZ.jpg (89KB, 600x569px)
CWGU0ckWwAAaSAZ.jpg
89KB, 600x569px
>>18104789
Either reality is layered and some skip from one layer to another at random.
Or some people just tend to remember some stuff wrong.

YOU BE THE JUDGE!
>>
File: johnsdaphne.jpg (50KB, 400x578px)
johnsdaphne.jpg
50KB, 400x578px
theres no way some things can be explained except for mandela effect

people who experience this effect (including me) are refugees from another dimension and we're made to feel unwelcome here in your world because our experiences have been slightly different to yours

if there's one thing i would wish for is for this universe to meet its demise and the guardians who transport the refugees would take us to a safer and more accepting place

i believe there are millions of universes out there that and one way or another... maybe with nuclear war or drought or famine. our god(s) take the people who are worth saving from that realty and take them to another one. hence why some of us are seeing the mandela effect. i think maybe the end goal is to produce a human race who is spiritually awoken and have us live in harmony together. this will be thousands or millions of years into the future however. and when our final universe ends we will transcend and become the guardians of the next multiverses
>>
>>18104789
damage control: the thread
>>
>>18108453
>using the name of a device from the time travel anime Steins;Gate
seems legit
>>
>>18110556
what do you mean by this?
>>
Id like to introduce an idea and see if anyone agrees on this matter relating to the mendela effect. I have theorized that time travels outward and inward infinitely from and observer at a frequency that has something to do with that of the observer's energy. I believe that ,due to this fact, causality occurs both forward and backward in time, and that by differences in our own perspectives from one interaction to the next, we in turn have effected both our futures and our pasts, it's to say that perception is reality on a much larger scale, but much more subtle than you'd think .
>>
>>18110812
>at a frequency that has something to do with that of the observer's energy
see >>18108817
>>
>>18107452
shit, that's weird.
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29160096
>>
>>18104789
I think it's the result of people taking things too seriously. I've always thought of it as a kind of joke and I think a lot of people do/did, but then it kind of went off the rails with people honestly thinking they had swapped dimensions.
>>
So...

what was https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/18105662/ all about?
>>
I can swear on my life that when I was 10, when Crazy Frog was most popular among my generation with the Popcron hit there was a rip-off from that song called 'Turtle Mototo'. I can clearly remember that the lyrics where something like 'Who's that guy? - Turtle Mototo!'. I could remember this as clear as a day, but then again I still cannot find this rip-off song from Crazy Frog - Popcorn anywhere on the internet. It just shows up some African footballer and an African politician. WTF!
>>
>>18111910
To add, the turtle was walking around some amusement park. I can remember this as clear as a day guys!
>>
>>18111879
for insight into "fun" memories see >>18110270
>>
>>18111910
>>18111914
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNhuP3CweiU
>michael's a turtle
>turtle mototo
mandela effect is real you guys, all memories are photographic and unmalleable
>>
>>18111932
I never claimed Mandela Effect was real.

It was just that what was I remembering was wrong. Thought that this was similar mandela effect, so instead of making a thread I posted here.

I was a kid then, don't be an asshole, it sounded like Mototo, the turtle has very weird accent
>>
>>18111972
sorry
>>
>>18105042
>[citation needed]
this isn't really something that you can prove or disprove, and the opposite is true as well, you cant prove that reality is independent of consciousness

Reality being collective is the same thought expressed by Plato and modern day holographic universe theory. Currently there is a lot more evidence than for reality being "real".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KK_kzrJPS8

The other thing is that Aristotle is incompatible with Plato, but Plato is not incompatible with Aristotle.

Keep measuring the shadows and you'll find your way out of the cave.
>>
All it is is a parade of brain dead 30 year olds trying to excuse the fact that they have shitty memories.
>>
>>18114335
this
>>
ITT:shills.
The Mandela Effect is real. Yes, some of the commonly cited examples are possibly wrong or mistaken memory but not all of it. I'm up in the air about the Luke one. I know for a FACT it was Berenstein and Australia/New Zealand shifted. Another one: Liquid Plumber just changed to Liquid Plumr.

One time, before there was any hype about this, some guy here on /x/ warned me about mentioning it. I still wonder why. Also, I find it strange a board full of ceremonial magicians would poo poo this.
>>
>>18117476
>Australia/New Zealand shifted
no mate you're just an american
>>
>>18108827
Wrong. There are people from NZ who have noticed the shifts and they were shocked.
>>
yo guys remember when america used to be full of intelligent people lol swear that was in like 1992 or something but seems like there's been an interdimensional shift and it's populated with idiots now
>>
>>18117499
a dime has been sent to your account! have a nice a day citizen
>>
>>18117519
not an argument

same as on /pol/ if you question anything to do with trump and they say $0.02 has been deposited into your account

just because you disagree with me it doesn't mean i'm a paid shill from the powers that be. don't be ridiculous
>>
>>18117476

>I know for a FACT

No citation No nothing.

Pro Tipp: your opinions, Memories and Feelings are not Facts
>>
>>18117535
They're good enough. Countless others have the same memories and that's all we have to go on. I know you guys probably aren't paid shills but it still weirds me out that the same people who defend magick would try to act like this can't happen.
>>
>>18117576
>act like this can't happen
it's no so much that it can't... i guess theoretically it's possible

it's just that it's quite clearly people mis-remembering the shit they've not thought about for 25 years.

we all forget stuff, we all get details wrong on memories that have gone hazy and faded. it takes a certain amount of arrogance though to assume your memories are infallible and that the fabric of space and time must've ripped and teleported you to another dimension rather than thinking you memory isn't photographic
>>
Why do people shun this as a mind effect when reality only exists in our minds?
>>
anyone remembers when hillary was alive and when there was a thread about her?
>>
whats really weird, before I went to school for kindergarten I have memories of being a girl named Jessica. Then when I came home from my first day of school everything was different. I was a boy. My older brother wasn't happy. He use to swear up and down that he had two sisters and no brothers. Since then, which was 1980s-ish I've always had ringing in my ears, swear I could hear electricity snapping if I got up close to an electrical plug and aweful headaches that lead into migraines when I hit my teens. Oddly enough, I would have flashes of memories of that other life for a second as if I was still this girl Jessica.
>>
>>18104789
Mandela effect is not a case of misremembering. I can't tell you exactly what it is because I don't know... but I promise you there's something to it. Disregard shitposters who say otherwise.
>>
I believe there's certainly something to this ME, but I think the vast majority of it is just the malleable nature of human memory. Most of us find it too uncomfortable to face the reality that our memories are so easily changed without our noticing at all.
>>
>>18118882
This is really, really weird even in the event of the most mundane explanation. Do your parents have anything to say about this? Does your brother still talk about it?
>>
>>18119102
>Disregard shitposters who say otherwise.
we will do when you say something more than
>I can't tell you exactly what it is because I don't know... but I promise you there's something to it.
>>
>>18117619
If you presented the effect in physical form, they'd shun that too, saying "that's not proof."

They're just shunners. It's their primary method of operation; deny everything, affirm nothing.
>>
>>18107726
>being this newfag
>>
>>18119150
My brother yes, the last time I seen him he brought it up so it was fresh in my mind when I discovered this subject. As for my parents, they can't comment on it as they would sometimes remember it other way at different times. So one day it's like "Wait, that's right we remember Jessica." Other days. "It's all in your head son."
>>
>>18107498
From where I come it was the Mengele effect.
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 600x600px
Pic of my tat
>>
>>18117476
>Liquid Plumber shifted to Liquid Plumbr

>Implying companies and celebs can't go and rebrand themselves or change the spelling of their names.

Mate, I work at a grocery store and product names change all the fucking time. Don't be such a fucking clod man.

Let me give you a recent example so you won't call it an effect down the road.

The soft drink formaly known as Seirra Mist is now called Mist Twist.
>>
File: smuganimegirl34.jpg (76KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
smuganimegirl34.jpg
76KB, 768x960px
>>18110270
people like you are the reason this is unbelivable
we cant even discuss mass memory loss eithout retards saying that their gods,
>pic related
>>
>>18120049
>mist twist
in my universe it was called sprite, mandela effect is real guys
>>
File: 446.jpg (73KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
446.jpg
73KB, 800x600px
>>18120049
They do.

They change names all the time, what some people call noise, it's the accumulation of different meanings to the same symbol.

One thing can be many, but the knowledge it's not individual, but shared, it's created inside society, and we as social animals, can't avoid it.

The chains of biology. The information change this, you can learn things.

The problem comes when you feed to much information to the same symbol.

It creates a monster, something that represents many things, not all good.

Then you need confirmation bias, to tell you what it really is, for most people it's almost instant, that's how you know, that it's an important skill.

When you make a meme, you are making a new interpretation of the same event, and people can't avoid it.

Do it enough times and they'll joke abour it, and then forget about it.

But they will change the names.

And the bears are still the same, but you can't tell what their name is.

A symbolical change.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 550x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 550x339px
>>18104789
>>
>>18104789
http://m.thevintagenews.com/2016/06/12/lets-time-travel-39-images-of-recovered-u-boat-u534/
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 285x177px
>>18120188
>>
>>18120193
It's the enigma machine.
CERN is a super one
>>
>>18120198
http://www.topinfopost.com/2014/02/12/historians-lied-hitler-did-not-die-in-germany
>>
>they deny the mandela effect
just yesterday we were all breathing ammonia!
>>
File: mandela.jpg (82KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
mandela.jpg
82KB, 640x1136px
Here's one for you all to dwell on.

I distinctly remember this screencap saying crotchless instead of assless fursuit.
>>
>>18111932
kek holy shit. nice detective work
>>
>>18104977
You're the same faggot arguing that dragons are real.
>>
This is an absolute shame. In this thread, the people who support the theory are terrible at defending it, and the people who oppose it refuse to acknowledge the basic assumptions of it. I'm going to throw my own 2 cents into here.

I'm an American summerfag /pol/lack that went from radical/revolutionary to moderate libertarian within the span of a few weeks after coming to /pol/. Too many cover ups, too much disinformation, I realized things weren't as they seemed or as I had been led to believe. Gradually, things got freakier and weirder than your average "X is out to destroy Y, X is out to take over the world". It started with that Freemason from July 26th I saw from screenshots—the Kek vs Moloch shit. And it kept going.

A week or two ago, I came here seriously for the first time, because I became convinced there was more to this reality than surface secularism. I read a couple cryptids innawoods and spooky state threads. I can already tell a lot of faggots are just roleplaying, but... why would /everyone/ lie on the internet? About the ghost encounters? The rotting meat stenches? I'm pretty convinced.

cont.
>>
File: 1473129626156.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1473129626156.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>18122650

But you people who opposed this theory demand facts, evidence, statistics and shit.

Here's the thing about those stories I read: if the OPs were able to get evidence, they would not have lived to tell their tales. When you're randomly getting chased through the roods by a rabid unknown enemy, there's no time to pull out the camera, if you even have one on you. When some foul smelling demon is at your door about to open it, and the only thing you have at your side is terror and your handgun, you can't take even a moment to video record the encounter before you blast it away. Many of those stories were life or death situations, oftentimes occurring out of the blue. There's no wonder why we don't have "proof" their stories are real, beyond that many people recount tales with similar characters.

cont.
>>
File: 1473308245518.jpg (34KB, 334x440px) Image search: [Google]
1473308245518.jpg
34KB, 334x440px
>>18122672

And now my point about this thread, and my own experience.

I just started learning about the ME last night. I'd heard of it before, but had absolutely no idea what it was.

Now, I'm 20 myself, so I can't speak to the eponymous event, or most of the events for that matter. For as long as I can remember, back when I was a little niglet being taught about racial pride and what not, Nelson Mandela was president of South Africa, a man who for some reason I was supposed to look up to and emulate. He died recently, and I saw Obama at his funeral or whatever give a speech.

But there are other things that I do identify with. I'll rattle some off.

I remember it being "Berenstein" bears, not "Berenstain" bears. While I'm certain of that, there's nothing more that I'm fucking certain about than that it is goddamn "Kit-Kat", not fucking "Kit Kat" or "KitKat" (even more retarded than the first alternative). I've always heard "Luke, I am your father". I tried to find Kevin Smith shit to confirm that at least one notable expert confirms this, but no luck on any mentions. For some reason, I remember New Zealand being northeast of Australia—that's the theory, that Australia used to be southeast of NZ.

But when we try to find proof for these things, it's not simply that things have changed and knowledge progressed—like, maps were less accurate and the past and that newer maps contain the corrections, or that companies' logos changed: it's that we can find /absolutely no trace that any such maps had existed, or that any such logos existed/. That's the scary thing. These things just simply don't exist, and allegedly never had existed, even despite our best memories of them. That's why we can't provide proof most of the time; it's like all of it was purposefully wiped out.

But there are occasional glitches in the system.

cont.
>>
File: 1471769406407.jpg (10KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
1471769406407.jpg
10KB, 234x250px
>>18122727

C3PO has a silver right leg: but he's always been gold all over, right? There are vintage toys and posters and fanmade projects that all portray him as all gold. Vader's voice actor has interviews of himself quoting The Empire Strikes Back line as "Luke, ...". There's a very old YouTube vid up that has "No, ..." in the footage, but "Luke, ..." in the title.

For as long as I've known Madagascar, it's been just off Africa, but there's this film with a globe that has what appears to be Madagascar or some other landmass right off Australia on the east that people remember.

Those are examples I've seen thus far. There's probably more. But enough people are convinced that they are not remembering things incorrectly, and there is a large number of people who claim to remember things the same away. And as you would expect, there's a large number of shills who vehemently denounce these alternative narratives, such as you see in this thread.

The questions are: when did this happen? Why did this happen? And who made it happen? The latter two seem beyond us, even though people are blaming it on CERN particle experiments; but I don't know much. As to when it happened, I've heard a theory that it this seems/ to be connected to the Mayan apocalypse: 2012, or around that time, the shift supposedly occurred.

Again, I don't know for sure, but let me tell you what I remember. I remember as a young kid thinking Japan was just east of China—it just fits, and if you think about continental drift, it makes sense for Japan to have broken off from China. But this was before 2011. The summer of 2011, I was reading heavily into Japanese literature and history; I picked up "Cultural History of Japan" by H. Paul Varley. I remember reading about Kamikaze, that it was the Koreans who tried to invade Japan and got BTFO. I learned a year or sometime later about Russia and Japan's conflicting land claims, which could only occur if they were close by each other, which is this case.
>>
File: 1473305662810.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
1473305662810.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
>>18122821

And so from the history I learned in 2011 and beyond, it only makes sense for Japan to be east of Korea, even though it may feel right according to memory for it to be east of China.

Now, I wouldn't know whether the naysayers are gaslighting me (or "us"), or if the people who swear they remember differently are doing it, if it weren't for my own small remnants of pasts that supposedly never existed. I mentioned Kit-Kat earlier. Officially, it has NEVER EVER BEEN 'KIT-KAT'. But people like the one I'm about to quote, who can believe all the nay arguments aside from this, have this to say:

"As a child, I always ate this chocolate bar and i'm 100% sure it used to be Kit-Kat. For some reason, a google image search only reveals it as KitKat without the dash in between. Strangest of all, if you go youtube and look at the old commercials, the dash is not there.

1988 old commercial:
www.youtube.com...

Does anyone clearly remember the dash as I do? This is one ME that creeps me out because i'm very certain on this one while the rest I may attribute it to faulty memory. I don't see any reason to drop the dash. Either we have slipped into a different time-line (A very far fetched theory) where Kit-Kat never existed, or the government / major companies are doing some kind of memory experiment by subtly changing the words/logos of products to see the response of the masses."

I was fucking Kit-Kat, and there are people out there beside me who remember this way and recreate the logo just like how I remember it, but officially, it never existed. Go look it up for yourself, if you don't believe me. Use StartPage search and only visit by proxy aside from YouTube videos.

cont.
>>
File: oie_0iUrCTM63b1D.jpg (64KB, 830x500px) Image search: [Google]
oie_0iUrCTM63b1D.jpg
64KB, 830x500px
>>18122857
*It was fucking...
*remember it this...

If you are suffering from ME, then I don't have anything more to tell you. You already know.

If you are not suffering ME and you are absolutely positively 100% certain that it's a giant pile of total fucking bullshit, then you need to understand that you are exactly like the people who have never been innawoods in rural West Virginia; you are exactly like the people without ESP who've never had an encounter with supernatural beings of any kind; and so on. You accept what the government and other authorities tell you, that these things don't actually exist and that you need to stop looking into them you conspiratard, but you won't give the light of day to your fellow anons. Why are you even here? For fiction? Just think about the biggest lie you ever found out about in your life—earth shattering, reality shaking lie—who told it you? One of us? A family member?

For me, it was the American government. I don't trust it. What abnormal people are saying has started making too much sense, including that the term "conspiracy theory" is a psy-op.

I don't expect you to believe me. I could just be a role-playing faggot. But what you should be feeling is doubt, doubt about whether you are right or wrong. You should under no circumstance feel secure that you know exactly what the truth is. That's how I feel every day now.

Just my two cents in here. I hope the discussion can stop revolving around trying to fend off shills stupid questions and start focusing more on—something else, I guess. World is what it seems.
>>
>>18122896
*World isn't what it seems.
>>
>>18122900
As a side note, please forgive all the spelling and typographical errors in the posts. I'm not a stupid nigger, I got a 36 on the English portion of the ACT, 760 on the SAT's Reading. I was just trying to get it all out there.

I forgot to mention that until this decade, I remember spelling 'definitely' 'definately'. There's ME theories surrounding that, but I'm willing to accept that they're bull and we are wrong about this.
>>
File: 13216519651.jpg (19KB, 570x574px) Image search: [Google]
13216519651.jpg
19KB, 570x574px
>>18122910

Thanks for the rant. You seem like a black man and not a nigger.
>>
If you could "prove" it by finding physical examples of the previous timeline, then it wouldn't qualify as a Mandela Effect. It would just be a mistake. The point isn't to discover ME's.

There are societal configurations where the existence of possible ME's is psychologically detrimental, and there are societal configurations, where it just doesn't matter all that much if the past is retrocausally altered on a regular basis. Those are our choices.
>>
>>18105164
>important issues like inmigration

You've already been manipulated. You think immigration is an important issue. That's one of the main benchmarks for how controlled you are

No "n"in immigration btw
>>
>>18122961

Wtf bro, there was always an "n" in immigration.
>>
>>18107484
Paranormal topics belong on /x/, if it's not paranormal then it does not belong on /x/. Mandela effect threads are not paranormal, no evidence what so ever had been put forward to suggest this is viable. Therefore this topic is not paranormal and does not belong on /x/. It's fucking dumb and people who believe in it are fucking dumb.
>>
>>18122961

I agree. By proclaiming what is or is not important, you reveal what your political biases are, and through that, which special interests have influenced you.

>>18105164

Your post is not quite coherent. I'm not sure what you are getting at.

>It's not about the children book, or the list of "glitches".

Right. These are focused on because it's one of the simplest, easiest known examples so far. Not everyone was alive in the 80s, but those bear books have been around since before then until now; everyone knows about them, therefore everyone can have a memory of them. It's the dividing line that clearly makes the case for the theory before everything else.

>It's about a change in the political polarity of an entire board before the election.

I agree with an anon replying to you that it's possible the userbase adapted their opinions to changes in reality, as opposed to placing dogma before everything else. We'll never know how many oldfags actually are still around to this day and whether they are quintessential /pol/lacks, but you hear more stories about people leaving the left than you do hear them going to it.
>>
>>18107484

Agreed.

>>18122995

para - beyond
normal
>>
>>18123006
>para-bond normal
What's beyond normal about having a shitty memory?

ITT dick faces who don't understand how memory works.
>>
>>18122727
>back when I was a little niglet
and dropped
>>
>>18122727
>back when I was a little nigglet stopped reading
>>
File: Jinzo-DPBC-EN-R-1E.png (383KB, 310x450px) Image search: [Google]
Jinzo-DPBC-EN-R-1E.png
383KB, 310x450px
>>18123010
Hah. Weed. haHAA. Schizophrenia.
>>
>>18104789
I know what you're saying. When I was little I specifically remembered sucking on Blow Jobs. because you actually had to put in work to finish them off.

Then sometime during the 80's they changed the name to Blow POPS because people started saying "Blow Jobs" as meaning something dirty, so the Charms company didn't appreciate that and came up with a name nobody could associate with anything sexual, so they changed Blow Jobs to Blow Pops, BUT when I look back they were always called Blow Pops, like WTF dude?!!!
>>
File: 1470804481286.jpg (79KB, 320x320px)
1470804481286.jpg
79KB, 320x320px
>>18123133
>>18123141

>fell for the all blacks are niggers meme
>>
>>18123133
Also
>9/13
>33 sec
>33

Checked.
>>
>>18123146

Thanks goodness Jinzo at least is the same.

But that gets me wondering how many details in games actually have changed, and we were just too young to have paid enough attention to catch them. I didn't find any Pokemon MEs, but mayber there are Yugioh ones.

>>18123176
Are you trolling?
>>
>>18123260
>http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Negates_the_activation_of_Trap_Cards
>Jinzo not mentioned
>No page about /preventing/ activation of trap cards

Hmm... so it begins...
>>
>>18122961
>No "n"in immigration btw
>literally uses n at the end of immigration
can't make this shit up
>>
>>18123292
oh my god... it all makes sense... my entire life... was it all right in front of me this whole time?
>>
>>18123222
>I didn't find any Pokemon MEs
Nigga are you joking? /vp/ here. August 27th we had a lot of retards remembering Pikachu with a black tip instead of the tip being at the base f it's tail.
>>
>>18123366
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/28062543
first thread about it I could find in the archive
>>
>>18122727
>I remember New Zealand being northeast of Australia—that's the theory, that Australia used to be southeast of NZ.
this doesn't make sense

also find me someone from aus/nz who believe this
>>
>>18122910
>I remember spelling 'definitely' 'definately
i remember when i couldn't spell some words too. it's not a rip in the fabric of space time though lol jesus
>>
File: zcnZGHt.jpg (76KB, 1280x694px)
zcnZGHt.jpg
76KB, 1280x694px
>>18122727
also this is the island thing people talk about right
>>
File: 06219g2.jpg (16KB, 379x253px) Image search: [Google]
06219g2.jpg
16KB, 379x253px
>>18123382
>>
>>18122997
>It's possible the userbase adapted their opinions to changes in reality, as opposed to placing dogma before everything else.

They never do, even you, are talking about left and right like it's mean something, there's no left or right, no democrats against republicans.

As I mentioned before issues are abundant, political trenches are there for a reason, but only when you need political alliances for pragmatic reasons, you use polarization as a resource.

People aren't marked at birth, you can't leave the left, you can leave a political party, some stance in certain issues or tumblr, but you don't leave something that's not real.

Same for the right, the advantages that political sides have by no beign real, it's that no amount of criticism can really stop them.

That's where this little example of the changed names comes handy as an explaining device.

You can be lied to, your memory isn't perfect, you aren't permanently worried about this, it's even worst for people that didn't knew or care about the bears before, because their first relevant memory, it's now warped.

Current millenial political mindset, was manipulated in the same way, they used the circumstances to shape a political world view that's not real, it's a cartoon of the real issues simplified for quick understanding, the same problem we always have.

Repetition, if they hammer an issue in your brain hard enough you start to believe it.

DIVERSITY
NATIONALISM
WHITE GENOCIDE

They're just words, none of that come into effect until you use your time on worrying about them, polarization of political stances during election time, it's common, but at some point the internet as a new distribution method of indoctrination, out powered the TV, in vote able demographics. Now instead of what we really like to talk about, we are forced by the rules of social behaviour, to listen and discuss about political content, in all fields.

And it's not a big leap.
>>
File: berenstone bear meme.jpg (122KB, 526x572px) Image search: [Google]
berenstone bear meme.jpg
122KB, 526x572px
I don't think much of this stuff, but I do feel weird when I think about my childhood and it seems like a different world. My state of mind, my comprehension of the world and people what they do and what happens to them - it all seems different. It's probably just of nostalgia and a complete change in circumstances but it does feel like my memory has been tampered with, and only occasionally do memories 'leak' back into my brain. Anyone have anything similar?
>>
File: 1471753600138.jpg (26KB, 279x344px) Image search: [Google]
1471753600138.jpg
26KB, 279x344px
>>18123366
>>18123368

Thanks. It really helps seeing those artists' rendition to jog your memory—like with the Kit-Kat wrappers. I am convinced Pikachu never had a black tail tip. Those who "remember" it can't even agree how long the black part was.

But I can see where that one comes from. I'll be waiting to hear more about the next one.

>>18123374
Sure, but that's the memory. I already pointed out that these can be rationalized away. It's still worth mentioning.

>>18123379
I thought it was worth mentioning since I've seen a big deal made of it, though I lean more towards calling it my error.

>>18123382
>>18123383
Yes. I know jack about it myself, however, so it's something that is about 50/50 convincing, if that.

>globe in my captcha
>>
>>18123467
>you, are talking about left and right like it's mean something, there's no left or right, no democrats against republicans.

I've seen a decent notion of it myself over a year ago here: http://theamericanscene.com/2010/04/26/notes-toward-a-new-political-taxonomy

Pic related. Author also examines lib vs. con, and progressive vs. reactionary. I don't endorse or really agree with their definitions, but you can't say it's not possible to give definitions.

>They never do

Maybe you have not, but I'm one of the people who has. My conception of what's happened is that I've lost agreement with typically left positions, and gained agreement with typical right positions, but I don't ascribe to any doctrine on either side. I'm not looking for a label either. I've just looked at what I really think, and it seems that libertarianism is an accurate label based off the changes. But I'm not trying to be a libertarian, a centrist, or a moderate. It's just a vague way of describing myself that has its uses.

>Now instead of what we really like to talk about, we are forced by the rules of social behaviour, to listen and discuss about political content, in all fields.

I understand your post getting to this part. You shouldn't think that everyone here can't resist the influence to oversimplify and spew opinions like they're 'supposed' to—plenty smart people post on 4chan or want to post, but circumstances like being surrounded by idiots drive them away.

I think you have a plausible theory going, but I honestly don't believe it 100%.
>>
>>18123744
>>18124544

Checked. How strange.

That's just growing up, it sounds like. If you can't point to specific changes you think occurred that have no evidence of occurring, then it's not a ME, you know.

If you think yourself a normal, non-deranged person, then maybe you're feeling a little too much, or maybe you got scooped up by ayy lmaos innawoods or something and tampered with.

But I do feel like the 2000s were a different time from my perspective as a child/tween.

pepelooksoutwindow.jpg
>>
>>18123467
It's like reading a page out of nineteen eighty four with the protagonist Winston thinking of the situations around him. I'm black and I believe you. It's the same exact shit when people spout off institutionalized racism just like white genocide it's all Bullshit they use to divide the nation from the real issues.
>>
Looney Tunes is spelt Tunes not Toons
>>
>>18107641

wtf Harambe died in 1988
>>
>>18109477
>As for Burma > Myanmar
>>18109490

It was a joke lads.
>>
>>18125761
This has always been tunes though, as a kid I was all like "why?" too But then I noticed the naming similarity with "merrie melodies"
>>
>>18124544
>I am convinced Pikachu never had a black tail tip.
there actually is one, though it's Ruby/Sapphire Remake only: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cosplay_Pikachu
>>
>>18117576
>They're good enough.

Should be the motto of all mandelatards
>>
>>18123292

wtf that wasn't there when I typed it. MANDELAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
>>
>>18104994
>Luke, I am your father!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsI3lFHkU_s

Case closed on that one.
>>
Yall dumb cunts should be more concerned about your early onset dementia instead of the names of some fucking bears and Darth Vader.
>>
Awakening having happened, in constant happening, or counting down into paradigm shift is my theory. It's still more probable that these realities, perhaps our universe are a fabrication of the mind and not actually pertaining to physics as science has great grasp on physics and none on the mind.
>>
>>18114294
Read some Miles Mathis for why you shouldn't believe those that say the universe is holographic and consciousness blabla etc.

The real sorrow of the world is that the pushers are selling you both sides and you end up with people left to their own demise so they stop believing in the material world, becomes easy to control and end up dumber so they invent stuff like ME.
>>
File: 1473415384117.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473415384117.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
>>18126287
It's a valid viewpoint, that's consistent from within its own premises. But it's not a viewpoint that can be ascertained from within a materialistic viewpoint. Even stark materialism predicts the existence of Mandela Effect type phenomena, by way of quantum erasure. If you volunteer to ignore the possibilities of a holographic universe and / or metric of measuring the consciousness of a system, then in that same action you also deny quantum mechanics, for at the seat of every quantum waveform equation is the reference from the observer, whose frequencies necessarily cancel any inverse frequencies from that observer's perspective.

Although this is more of a macro wave state perspective, that is seldom discussed in classrooms with professors whose highest ambitions is to portray the simplest model of the most replicable particle experiments.

I offer the converse hypothesis: "believers" of the collectivist reality, if you wish to think of them as such, do so because it is a mental framework that, either by sheer chance or efficacy, appears to be consistent with their recollection of observed phenomena, as colored by their sensory organ's inverse frequencies.
>>
>>18126296
It's botch science made up to fill in the blanks by agents. String theory, holographic universes, anything with quantum in it. Leave anyone who talks about this alone. They are agents of a coup of science since the late 1800s.

As I said, read some Miles Mathis. X is a good example of what happens when people buy the lies of agents that where played way way back, like Crowley. It's all about control. A real x board should look completely different.
>>
>>18122910

>people saw a universal movie with a Land mass off to the east of Australia

Of course they did, It's fucking new Zealand....Madagascar is east of Africa and New Zealand is easy of Australia.
how is this Mandela effect?
>>
>>18107708
Was the tree always on his left side in this image?
>>
>>18126317
No, west of Australia.

>>18125791
Not what was meant.
>>
>>18109364
>I bet most American people don't know that New Zealand is two islands.
I remember it as 1 island...
>>
I love it when shills throw a tantrum. Just shows that we are closer to the truth.
>>
>>18126348
if that is the case we would've gotten to the truth way long ago.
>>
>>18104892
this idea of causality is stupid and claiming it is universally accepted is even stupider.

suppose somebody offered you a choice between getting fries with that or no fries with that. And instead of saying yes, or no on the fries, you screamed "Yellow Coconuts!" and stabbed yourself in the dick with a really sharp pencil. That universe exists.

And a universe must exist where the response to every response to everything is to scream "yellow coconuts" and stab oneself in the dick.
>>
>>18126345
>I remember it as 1 island...

I remember it as 7 islands, each one named after one of the dwarves from snow white and the seven dwarves. One of the islands had this law where everybody on the island had to name their first born child "George" regardless of gender.
>>
>>18126348
lol the classic everyone who disagrees with me is a shill argument. good stuff, stay rational my dude
>>
>>18123176
I bet she gives great blow pops.
>>
>>18104828
This. People here swear up and down God doesn't exist which is fine but then they believe shit like aliens and flat earth.
>>
Meh... Dreams was only mentioned once, and i think can be a source for the mandela effect.

Like some common ones:
teeth falling out
running or punching in slow motion
less spoopy ones like flying
an interesting website for interpreting these dreams at dreammoods.com

fight or flight responses that manifest in our dreams in context of everything else that is going on in our lives. or not.

idk, my recent dreams, at least the ones that I can naturally remember, have all been about bad relationships.
>>
I know for a fact it was called Interview With A Vampire.
Calling it The Vampire makes no sense.
>>
>>18127327
>Calling it The Vampire makes no sense.
>calling it after the book makes no sense
>>
I was just texting someone the other day and was trying to type the word definitely. It wouldn't come up in the predictive text and I was very confused....I have always spelled it "definately". I just assumed I misremembered. I see I'm nor the only one. Still not 100 percent convinced it's the mandela effect. Just interesting that someone else has experienced this
>>
>>18129300
definitely is one of the most commonly misspelt words though. you see people spelling it definately or even defiantly all over the place. must be a rip in the fabric of space time though, human error is impossible
>>
File: 1473878324798.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1473878324798.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
/pol/'s latest hilarious hypothesis is that the Mandela Effect is caused by temporal incursions a la Star Trek. Allegedly Trump, Pence, and Hillary were all involved, and the time machine was created by Trump's father when he inherited Tesla's notes. No explanation is given for why a few neurons in a few people's brains remain stable across timeline shifts.
>>
>>18129680
It's because certain people figured out how to turn their brains into time machines, duh. Thus granting them a kind of temporal inertia.
>>
File: color-logo.png (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
color-logo.png
17KB, 300x300px
>>
ITT: A bunch of high-school dropouts being rekt by college-educated gentlemen.

Call them "shills" all you want; it's satisfying to see pseudo-intellectuals struck down by the restless fist of scrutiny.

But seriously, you people should know by now that there are educated folks who lurk these boards. Stop embarrassing yourselves.
>>
>>18130293
>Look how smart I am, everybody. I payed for state indoctrination
lol
>>
File: 1473722514807.gif (163KB, 900x801px) Image search: [Google]
1473722514807.gif
163KB, 900x801px
>>18130303
*paid

Logic doesn't apply to the past tense of the verb "pay." You would know how to think illogically like this, if you payed more attention in your obligatory government mandated programming.
>>
>>18130316
Damn nigguh
>>
Memory fades. Delusion endures. The human mind is drawn into delusion, and stuck there, it grows from one delusion into a tall ego tree, which can only be cut down, or left to grow old and die in delusion. Meanwhile, the clear and lucid non judgmental mind can wave away the fog of delusion and denial, realizing the true simplistic nature of reality, and spread laterally like an all knowing intelligent moss. The effect is fake. Memory fades.
>>
>>18130334
Nigga reading poems now.
>>
>>18130334
we got a smarty arty all educated anon.
>>
>>18104789
the idea goes like this either because of time travel or alternate parallel dimensions merging into one time line things are altered in what you would consider reality

did humans gain a couple more ribs ? did japan move north by north east a few hundred miles? was there a tv show on fox called the edge that was made before mad tv but after in living color

nobody knows how many band members were saved that day...
Thread posts: 282
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.