[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how has fasting and/or meditation improved your reception or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9148.jpg (104KB, 465x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9148.jpg
104KB, 465x750px
how has fasting and/or meditation improved your reception or contact with spirituality or the supernatural?
>>
I had a religious experience on magic mushrooms once, and I repeated the experience to a lesser degree while meditating sober. Before that trip I was a total atheist. After that trip I started shitposting on /x/.
>>
>>18104342
what was the experience?
>>
>>18104286
This is completely off topic, but do you believe meditation is possible to help with depression?
>>
>>18105444
I used to do it to deal with it in college but I did it wrong, doing it with an expectation of something. If you keep that in mind, a habit of regular meditation for the sake of it will quiet your mind and may help set you to neutral.
>>
>>18105444
Yes. Not Op though.
>>
>>18105444
Meditation was very hard for me to get into consistently, but once I did it definitely helped with all emotions. It just brings an awareness of where feelings are coming from, and let's you find a peaceful center no matter what else is going on. Also, not drinking or getting high to relax. I really was just shocked when I sobered up by how much substances affect your mind, even after a couple of days. Meditation doesn't instantly cure anything, it just makes you... Aware of your own control. Breathing exercises got me started, and now I find daily meditation a necessity.
>>
>>18104286
At this point, I believe that regular meditation is the single most important component of any regular occult practice. Not because meditation itself directly has connected me to higher planes of consciousness- at least not yet- but because it gives you focus and control over your mind. I know that there are specific meditations that will open your third eye, and while I have dabbled with them i haven't put in the consistent effort needed for major results. I do believe though that if you practice third eye meditations, like what Samuel Sagan describes, it will increase your psychic and intuitive abilities.
>>
>>18105444
OP here, yes it definitely helps me handle my anxiety and depression which is why I started meditating in the first place, now I'm kind of trying to connect to the world spiritually and gain something because mental clarity from it
>>
OP again, in regards to third eye meditation, has anyone had success with the method of visualizing a candle? Last night after about 50ish minutes of meditation with the last 10 or so spent visualizing I had a really hard time keeping the candle in view. Mostly it was like I could see the light of the candle indirectly like it was behind a wall
>>
just try it, release your expectations and you may find both practices to be pleasurable of their own accord. i don't have much experience meditating regularly; but when i have incorporated it, however sporadically, i have found it to be consistent at establishing a greater trust in my intuitive capabilities. i usually have a better day when i start off with early morning meditation. before bed i go through my day in my mind from that point backwards. helps with sleep. you will experience lots of coincidences if you keep it up.

fasting is cleansing emotionally and physically; you may find that things which once seemed elusive are more are less a 'part' of you when you are in a fasting state. you loosen your connection with the material world and are more or less relying on 'god' or whatever you want to call it to sustain you. i feel bad for people who don't know about fasting because it's always pretty eye-opening for me. as far as supernatural, you will feel more or less supernatural yourself because a lot of things that bother you on a daily basis will be shifted. things will heal. dreams are intense.
>>
>>18105737
I had little success with the candle method, some odd colors and feelings but nothing that wouldn't make sense with staring at a candle for ages. The sa-ta-na-ma meditation was very quickly effective. And the Samuel Sagan technique was the most "holy shit is really happening" method I've found.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp1XpdAkXng
>>
>>18105444
it is scientifically proven to help with less severe cases
also great complementary exercise to help with pharmaceutical therapy
and much more
>>
>>18106334
thank you very much
>>
>>18105887
I agree with this for sure
>>
>>18104286
have seen cascading colours. First RED

Then Yellow

Then Blue

for an entire stretch of 1 hour

many times
>>
>>18104286
hv seen a winged being

a small winged being

who hovers in front of me

for a time of 10 minutes

he came some .....4 times to see me....or i saw him

he has these transparent wings, about 3 feet tall.....could increase his size to more than 10 feet.

clear shining eyes....white skin

he tried to touch me
>>
>>18104286
>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp1XpdAkXng
then i was in a place which had two suns...one blue and one red

there were two waterfalls of fresh water gushing down with an awesome force and forming a wide stream

i washed some clothes there. i remember checking my watch ....i spend about 4 hours washing clothes

when i came back here....my watch showed that i was away about 5 minutes.
>>
>>18104286
then when i meditated on weapons based prayers.....there are what we call "divshtra"(celestial weapons) which float above u......the following

1)large wide double edged gleaming swords...at sight they seem to weigh upwards of 200 Lbs

2)long lances appear to be made of RED caste iron...appear to be more than 400 Lbs in weight

3)Axes...

4)tridents.....the ones carried by neptune

5)red /pink/yellow orbs ,,,,,seem to be hand held throw weapons...vary in size from a diameter of 5 inches to a diameter of 3 feet.
>>
>>18105462
>>18105887
great posts.

i've had a lot of trauma in my life so meditating has been stressful for me at times - it really gives me an awareness of my emotional state and clarity to my thoughts. it is a good thing tho, and focusing on being aware of my body and breath has helped me to accept memories as they come. it's an amazing healing process.

bit more on topic, the more i meditate, the more comfortable i am with spiritual experiences. after regular meditation and/or fasting, i find myself divining constantly with birds, wind, and other things. i feel more alive and connected with parts of the world in magical ways.
>>
Practising mudras and meditating has overall done me great deals of good.

Recently I've been able to test myself as I was taking magic mushrooms with friends in a parc in amsterdam. We took it all and about one hour later they were all losing their shits, but I managed to keep the effects at bay until I've had led them to a safer spot on our way home. When I realized I didn't need to be so tense and have to deal with their bullshit, it kicked in and had a great time.

Overall it's made me less of a lazy piece of crap and also I'm healthier.
>>
>>18104286
through constant conteplation almost every day since i was 15 years old i learned much about my nature. When i was 20 i started meditating, mostly playing with it. Now im 25, and i meditate every day. Consequences of meditating are that the body and mind started to have rejections towards some everyday things. I dont watch tv anymore, dont smoke, meat started to disgust me, i dont like to drink. When it comes to sadhana that is recommended in yoga sutras and by renowned gurus, i just think that is not good to force your body and mind to instatnly stop doing things that you like doing. Process of gradual non-attachment can come gradualy too, and then the natural meditation will happen.
>>
Meditaiton has made me more 'spiritual' in the sense that I identify less with the physical world and the perspective of my own ego ("this is MY life, why cant things happen the way I want?") but instead feel a greater connection with all things around me.

Meditation can greatly enhance ones awareness both spiritually and physically. It didnt really strike me until a few weeks ago I was laying down on the floor next to my dog, my little brother was playing xbox nearby and the air conditioner was on full blast, the room was just very noisy. Yet as I laid there, I began to hear something, the quiet, soft breathing of my dog. And I realized that if I turned my attention to it, it actually became louder and I was able to filter out the other overpowering, louder sounds in the room.
>>
>>18109667
>onsequences of meditating are that the body and mind started to have rejections towards some everyday things

I found this as well. Ive been meditating daily for a month now. Ive found that I no longer have any desire to play video games, which sucks cause I spent a lot of cash upgrading my pc recently. I also lost my desire to smoke weed, something ive done daily for the past 5 years. I tried recently and I just couldnt enjoy it, I felt so foggy and tired and I much prefer the newer state of heightened awareness.

Ive also been able to pick up books and just get sucked into them. Its weird because no matter how hard I tried reading before, I just couldnt keep attention and literally couldnt read more than 5 pages. Now Ill pick up a book for what seems like a few minutes and ill be 40 pages into it.

It would seem that meditating greatly alters one's perception of time. As you become more focused and engaged in the things you are doing, you become less aware of the time passing around you. I also never really feel bored anymore.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.