[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /x/ think of Buddhism? Any Buddhists here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: buddhism.jpg (25KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
buddhism.jpg
25KB, 1000x600px
What does /x/ think of Buddhism? Any Buddhists here?
>>
>>18104027

I consider myself a half-assed Buddhist.
>>
I knew someone that claimed to hate organized religion, but also be a Buddhist at the same time.

Yes, he was white. Going from that, I think the majority of westerners who get into it are just lazy, spiritually deprived faggots who are intrigued by the general vagueness of what Buddhism seems to be to them.
>>
>>18104091
>autism intensifies
>>
I try and have a holistic approach to spirituality that combines several different faiths, but Buddhism is one of the main ones for sure.
>>
File: 1452638711073.jpg (118KB, 736x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452638711073.jpg
118KB, 736x960px
Religion is only a means, help for God. Esoteric buddhism is nice.
>>
Büdhism are for faqz.

I am a buddhist btw.
I do all the stuff that buddha does, only a bit better because my motto is "bigger, stronger, higher, further".
I push boundaries even though there are none.
>>
>>18104027
ask Hitler
he learned lot's of his evil shit from that shitty religion
>>
/x/ making the world a shittier place, one shit post at a time.
>>
>>18104382
god what a shitty post
kys
>>
>>18104382

And dumber.
>>
>>18104382
you just added to the pile with your post
>>
Jeezus, what shitty children.
>>
File: 1451279132643.gif (486KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
1451279132643.gif
486KB, 500x213px
>>18104027
I don't consider myself much of anything, but Buddhism is one of the very few I lean towards.
>>18104337
>I do all the stuff that buddha does, only a bit better because my motto is "bigger, stronger, higher, further".
I get the feeling that you don't understand Buddhism very well.
>>
>>18104399
>I get the feeling yada yada
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zmI-hGthrwA
>>
>>18104449
>>
>>18104027
>What does /x/ think of Buddhism?
pile of shit
>>
>>18104459
Actually I am an Ultra Buddhist.
Ordinary Buddhists cannot catch a glimpse of this Hyper Enlightened state for it is an entire Octave above ordinary enlightenment.
Being this High I know that your faulty ways and perceptions are not really your fault. So know that there is no blame given to you by me.

With enough devotion you may reach this state in several hundret lifetimes, In which we will meet again ofcourse.

Namaste my Brothers and Sisters.
May the infinite light that dawns eternaly and is the ground of all being guide you on your path that you have chosen before your carnal birth.
>>
>>18104399
Same here
>>
>>18104537
I think you're just angry inside. Let go of that tension and see that you are just like us.

Namaste your buddhist friend
>>
File: 20160907_192533.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160907_192533.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>18104027
Eastern philosophies are kind of cool
>>
I found Buddhism to be a powerful catalyst of learning on my path. It's important to remember though, it has become a popular religion, which means it has all the trappings of dogma that a socially accepted religion developes. Esoteric and especially Tibetan Buddhism is just... It's on a whole other level, one I think very challenging for Westerners to understand. Ultimately I was pulled more towards yoga and the various forms of yogic meditation because for me it just fits better. There is a detachment from the world in Buddhism that in this lifetime doesn't appeal to me. All that being said, the Tibetan book of the dead with the intro by the dalai llama will blow your mind.
>>
I have a hard time getting into contemporary Buddhism especially the one that's been taken over by the New Age movement.

I think Buddhism has skewed a bit too far into the concept of emptiness and loss. So in that sense, Buddhism seems rather dry and unfeeling, maybe even numb.

I do think that, just like any religion, the real esoteric Buddhism has been obscured. And what today is popular Buddhism is actually a Buddhism-lite. The kind that focuses only on detachment as the main goal, which when misunderstood can be really detrimental. I kinda feel like Buddhism is leaning towards misunderstanding in that way.
>>
>>18104537
>Creating diferences between people
>You being superior
>Then proceeds to use the "I'm enlightned" mask to show some courtesy

Some buddhist you are.
>>
>>18104027
Ocidental Sōtō zenfag here

>>18104330
>Religion is only a means, help for God.
Do not mix Buddhism and God in the same sentence . Buddhists are atheists.

>>18104537
>May the infinite light that dawns eternaly
>eternaly
Eternaly and Buddhism in the same phrase i top keked. Buddhism is based on the very notion of impermanence.

>>18105577
>I think Buddhism has skewed a bit too far into the concept of emptiness and loss.
Emptiness/Śūnyatā is about the sacred that is in everything. Buddhism is not about loss, but its about "no gain".

>The kind that focuses only on detachment as the main goal, which when misunderstood can be really detrimental.
Buddhism is exactly on the middle path. Not exaggerated detachment nor exaggerated attachment; Neither desire nor aversion. In fact it's more about knowing yourself and accept what we are.
>>
I'm not a Buddhist but I think I like to have the same beliefs. Good morals, honesty, etc
>>
What would be the first real step towards Buddhism for just the average man?
>>
>>18104077
Same.

I'm a Buddhist but I'm so fucking bad at it.
>>
Have been intending to do some reading on it.
>>
>>18104091
agreed
>>
File: Usnisa Vijaya Dharani.jpg (60KB, 450x405px) Image search: [Google]
Usnisa Vijaya Dharani.jpg
60KB, 450x405px
Buddhism is the most legit religion, but the real Buddhism, not New Age lies.

I encourage you to read about Buddha Amitabha and His Vows.
>>
>>18104537
you better change your arrogant views if you don't want to end up in Avici Hell
>>
>>18105625
>Do not mix Buddhism and God in the same sentence . Buddhists are atheists.

Do not use my religion as fodder for your fedora tipping autism. Dainichi Nyorai bless.
>>
>>18105625
>Buddhists are atheists.
Dalai Lama disagrees
>>
>>18105393
Did I see you in a /lit/ shelf thread before?
>>
>>18105049
>I think
And therein lies your mistake my friend.

Namaste.

>>18105607
You will get there too.
Do you require guidance? I offer my services freely.

>>18105625
>Eternaly and Buddhism
>Impermancence
Then you don't realize, that permanent impermanence and impermanent permanence are the actual thing.

You seem to be a one sided man. I pray for your soul.
>>
>>18106588
>"you better change your arrogant ways"
Spoke the arrogant man arrogantly to his ego projection.

Open your mind. Free yourself from the prison that you have build yourself and locked yourself within.
>>
>>18104091
You can follow Buddhism as a philosophy without choosing to actually attend a place of worship, so in that sense it's not something that requires 'organized religion' in order to obtain benefit from it.

Buddhist philosophy is inherently focused on the betterment of self, and for some people attending a church is not the way in which they attain relief from the world.
>>
>>18106718
Buddhists are not athiests in the traditional sense, but we do not believe in a personal deity who takes a direct and functional interest in us specifically.
>>
Also, I'm not 'enlightened' per-se, but I'm a practicing Buddhist as well as a scholar of theology (In the sense that it's my primary field of study, not necessarily in that I'm actually particularly learned in it) and I can answer a few questions if anybody still has any.
>>
>>18107048
I'm also not this guy:
>>18107029
>>
>>18107049
>implying
>>
I listen to a lot of Alan Watts when I can't sleep, it usually puts me at ease, though I find the Hindus ideas seem a bit more fleshed out than buddhists. I like the idea that we're all the same consciousness that chooses to forget itself and get lost in the game/act/dance of the world. If there were a religion that was non cultural Hinduism that disregarded lesser gods I would identify closely with that.
>>
>>18107073
>Alan Watts Guise
>Guise, Alan Watts
>What does Alan Watts
>Alan Watts Wat's
>Buddha asks Alan
>Buddha: Alan how to into Enlight
>Alan: Watts
>>
>>18107048
>Also, I'm not 'enlightened' per-se

I am.
>>
>>18107094
Me too.
>>
File: Annoyed-Azunyan.png (124KB, 580x328px) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed-Azunyan.png
124KB, 580x328px
>>18107087
Bully.
>>
File: 14733482304621.jpg (159KB, 720x539px) Image search: [Google]
14733482304621.jpg
159KB, 720x539px
>>18107166
>He calls me Bully
Boy what are you on today?
>>
File: 14733513746621.jpg (153KB, 720x599px) Image search: [Google]
14733513746621.jpg
153KB, 720x599px
>>18107401
>>
Ocidental Sōtō zenfag back.

>>18106591
>Do not use my religion as fodder for your fedora tipping autism. Dainichi Nyorai bless.

Dharmakaya Vairocana Buddha, is a celestial buddha, not God, or the ocidental god. And Buddhism is not theistic, no matter what you think you know. Even the existence or not of external deities is irrelevant. What is relevant are the internal deities. And that's why Buddhism is flourishing in the West because the East knows less and less, and increasingly enter the Age of Dharma Decline. Go back to your nembutsu.

>>18106718
>Dalai Lama disagrees
No.

>>18107029
>You seem to be a one sided man. I pray for your soul.
Soul? We do not believe in soul. Buddhism is basically a Monist Illuminationist religion.

>>18107046
>Buddhists are not athiests in the traditional sense, but we do not believe in a personal deity who takes a direct and functional interest in us specifically.
Casually the proper and correct definition of atheism in the traditional sense. We do not believe in a personal deity. The more distorted and modern definition is not to believe in anything. We strongly believe in The Three Jewels.
>>
>>18104091
Honestly, this is why I tried to avoid it at all costs, until spiritual enlightenment got on my radar that is.
It would be foolish of me to simply ignore Gautama's teachings and what people built on them. But many people adopt it as a part of thier identity rather than a stepping stone, which is a huge pitfall IMO.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.