[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THOUSANDS OF ANIMALS KILLED ACROSS THE GLOBE WITHIN DAYS OF EACH OTHER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: 1473236107763.jpg (120KB, 700x467px)
1473236107763.jpg
120KB, 700x467px
29 Aug 2016
>More than 300 reindeer killed by lightning in Norway
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-29/more-than-300-reindeer-killed-by-lightning-in-norway/7796418
>"It's unusual. We've never seen anything like this on this scale," Mr Knutsen said

31 Aug, 2016
>‘They just fell’: 19 cows killed by lightning while sheltering under tree at Texas farm
https://www.rt.com/usa/357709-cows-killed-lightning-storm/
>Just days after a bolt of lightning killed over 300 reindeer in Norway, a herd of 19 cows has reached the exact same fate. The cattle were sheltering underneath a tree during a powerful storm in Texas.

Aug 25, 2016
>Lightning kills 38 sheep in Kanchipuram village
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nation/in-other-news/250816/lightning-kills-38-sheep-in-kanchipuram-village.html
>The cattle owner, for whom the cattle are a livelihood, had not insured, it was learnt. “We are in shock. Animals usually die due to snake bites or diseases. Even during the floods, the loss was not this intense,” said a villager, Kumaran.

August 30, 2016
>20,000 Dead Fish Vacuumed Out Of Waters Near Little Egg Harbor
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/08/30/20000-dead-fish-vacuumed-out-of-waters-near-egg-harbor/
Seems like an environmental disaster, but The fish kill was not the result of pollution or other man-made conditions.

24 August 2016
>Yellowstone River closes indefinitely over deadly parasite
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37177181
>Montana officials have indefinitely closed the Yellowstone River over concerns of a deadly parasite that has killed thousands of fish.
>More than 2,000 mountain whitefish have been found dead along the banks of the river, but officials estimate about 20,000 more whitefish are presumed to have been killed by the parasite.

(Saw this on /pol/ seemed more /x/ material)
>>
The lightning is spooky, I'll admit that, but fishkills are a rather common event I thought.
>>
I've seen posts almost identical to this one posted dozens of times over the years. Lots of animals die every day, they have fucking millions of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_truly_large_numbers
>>
>>18103625
I heard about 3 of these and thought it was an odd coincidence myself.

Some claim that in the picture with 323 dead reindeer that many of their heads appear to be decapitated for some reason, with little blood spilt too.
>>
>>18103625
Maybe it's time for you to realize how often stuff like this happens. The 300 raindeer were a strange event, the rest... that might happen every other day.
>>
When glaciers recede, it’s called “calving”, and it is considered a normal process of climate. Sea levels have been declining recently. (search NOAA’s database to verify for yourself)

During the last ice age, sea levels were ~375 feet lower than today. During the last ice age, the Jersey Shore was 100 miles further east.

Ice ages return like clockwork throughout Earth’s history. It’s called the Milankovitch cycle. What are signs that an ice age is starting? Simple; it’s a mark of weather “extremes.” It’s important to note that during last ice age, temperatures around the global weren’t too much colder then they are today. Example:

1) Seattle was covered with 4000 feet of ice, however ice only went as far south as Olympia. If you went 150 miles south of Olympia, temperatures were 7 degrees lower then they are today.

2) Temperatures in the tropics were 2 to 3 degrees lower then today.

3) Temperatures in the subtropics were nearly the same.

4) Chicago was covered in ice, however South Carolina was probably only 2-3 degrees lower than today.

Yellowstone is a supervolcano that erupts every ~600,000 years. The last eruption was ~640,000 years ago. We are overdue for one. If Yellowstone goes off, we would be in an ice age in 3 months.
>>
>>18103932
Some of them seem to have no legs as well. And some in the back even look like stones.
>>
One of the signs of an oncoming ice age was increased volcanic activity. In the previous ice age, called the “Younger Dryas,” we found mammoths with 3 feet of volcanic ash on them. 40% of all mammals where wiped out in that Ice Age. If volcanic activity keeps increasing on Earth, that is a warning sign an ice age is imminent. Interesting Note: Some mammoths remains were found still standing up. The conclusion was that giant snow/ice storms covered them up.

It takes 100 feet of snow to compact to create 1 foot of ice. It would take 80 feet of snow per year for 5000 years to get 400 feet of ice in Seattle.

Snowblitz is a term for the continuous accumulation of snow, which happens in ice age conditions. https://answersingenesis.org/answers/books/frozen-in-time/the-snowblitz/ ~11,500 years ago, something happened which caused the ‘Carolina Bay’ and magnetic reversal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Bay

In 1600, the “Maunder Minimum” happened when there weren’t any sunspots. Sunspots affect the amount of radiant energy hitting Earth. Less energy means the climate gets cold. The Maunder Minimum resulted in a little ice age across the globe. Dr. Habibullo Abdussamatov–the chief astrophysics responsible for the Russian portion of the International Space Station–says we are heading for a little ice age.

In the 1980s and ’90s, the Sun was the most active in a thousand years. Now the Sun is becoming less active. Does it take thousands of years for ice ages to start? No. Research project “GRIP” (Greenland Ice Project) drilled ice cores (2 miles down, 4 inches in diameter). They discovered that every single ice age from the past 250,000 years, without exception, began in less then twenty years. Ice ages swing from normal temperatures to full blown glaciation.
>>
>>18103625

>Step 1: Gather evidence of current events
>Step 2: Gather evidence of past occurrences
>Step 3: Use reason, deduction, and the law of fucking averages to determine how infrequent the current events are.
>>
>tfw when Detroit or Mecca doesn't get hit by killer lightening
>>
>>18103625

>99% of all species on Earth have gone extinct
>daily fish kill
>DUUUH MUST BE SOMETHIN' SPOOPY
>>
Is it normal for lightning to kill 300 animals? Is it normal for 300 raindeers to be together. I always thought raindeers were mostly solitary animals, like bears.
But is there a precendent for this many animals die from the same lightning?
>>
All mass group deaths of animals you see in the news are caused by the use of high frequency weaponry employed in the atmosphere. Even though they try to contain the fights in remote areas, somebody or something is bound to get caught in the crossfire. Since they can't just pretend 300 raindeers didn't die when there's blood, guts and meat spread over hundreds of square meters, which isn't cleaned up in a day or two, they attribute it to something cheesy like lightning. It's pathetic and ridiculous, but when the sheeple are neck-deep in denial, they'll buy anything.
>>
>>18103986
"we" wouldn't be anything but dead. If yellowstone erupts it is pretty much gg 99%+ of humanity
>>
>>18103990

whats your point? I get that Ice ages can start quickly.. I fail to understand how your linking an ice age to Carolina Bay formation, to say nothing of the reversal of the poles.
>>
NEW TOP SECRET MILITARY WEAPONISED LIGHTNING STRIKES
>>
File: 1473201521589.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473201521589.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
There are literally no good threads in /x/ anymore.

It must be global warming drying up all of the content
>>
>>18108222
name?
>>
>>18105939
considering that reindeer migrate in herds, its not weird for them to be together. (there are some species of reindeer that do go solo but there's others that group together)
>>
>>18103625
Lightning part freaked me out after I read it. I routinely ride my bicycle in thunderstorms. I could imagine a bolt hitting the wet ground, bladting me off my bike right under the wheel of a 4x4 sittin on donks

P.S. and tires don't ground shit. Lightning in the ground strikes close enough to you it can even kill toy inside your car
>>
>>18103625
This has happened before in many different countries and its been well documented as well. Try not to lose sleep over this OP you dumb faggot.
>>
>>18108239
>close enough to you it can even kill toy inside your car
actually no anon. Its called faraday's cage. Its not about tires its about the fact the car is made with a metal body. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve6XGKZxYxA
>>
>>18108226
dont bother. it's a trap.
>>
>>18103625
Golly gee that pic, man...
Truly I need to get my shit together.
>>
i remember reading about all those reindeer deaths, but i also remember it had something to do with bacteria?

shit was melting and there were viruses or bacteria trapped in the ice/water/grass/whatever that the reindeer werent prepared for, so it spread and they startes dying. then the farmers had to mark off the area and move a bunch of heards, shit i should have paid more attention while reading it
>>
>>18108270
name?
>>
>>18108239
>Tires don't ground shit
Your wording makes it hard to read. But are you saying like a lightning strike close enough is able to arc or something to the inside of that car? Can you explain for me plz I'm interested
>>
>>18103625
This only proves reindeer are highly conductive when wet
>>
File: IMG_6819.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px)
IMG_6819.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>18109681
And yummy!
>>
>>18108270
Name please
>>
>>18109597
Tires do not ground a car, true, but you're practically 100% safe from lightning while in a car, as the body of the car acts like a faraday, that is unless your gas tank combusts or something, then you're fucked.
>>
>>18109797
*faraday cage
>>
>>18103625
To be fair, as a native Texan I can tell you that cows are stupid animals, and large groups of them die for stupid reasons almost daily here.

So I wouldn't get too up in arms about that one.

Or any of these, domesticated herd animals die in big groups because of shit like this almost every single day. If not lightning, they stood in the rain and drowned as the mud formed below them, or they stood in a blizzard and got buried, OR they followed each other onto a highway.
>>
>>18109814
Haha true. I heard about a herd of cattle walking off a cliff... Every single one of them just waltz one after another. I remember them saying it was such a mystery and maybe they commited suicide. Though your explaination makes more sense
>>18109797
Wow. You just had to ruin my sense of security at the end their
>>
>>18103625
>More than 300 reindeer killed by lightning in Norway

I guess there will be no Christmas this year?
>>
File: gr3.jpg (214KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
gr3.jpg
214KB, 700x467px
have you ever heard of the experiment of the Gruinard island?
in 1942 the british goverment tougth that bombing some German citys with anthrax would be an excelent idea, but they had to make some proves first and they choose the Gruinard island and a very virulent strain of anthrax. Once they had chosen the area and the weapon, they detonated it, and the victims: 80 death sheeps and 50 years of several contamination with anthrax. The place was quarantined until the 50 years pass and the goverment decided to clean the area. Just google it, I know there's documentals and a lot of information. This example is always used when experts in bioethitcs talks about that.
>>
>>18103987
Wouldn't be surprised if the local Fish & Wildlife organization took some samples back for testing. Most of the time they get their samples from hunters, but when mother nature just pops a herd of three hundred, it makes it easy to gather samples and learn more information about the herd.
>>
>>18103625
The Sky God is pissed.
Somebody start appeasing this motherfucker.
...Shit now I'm gonna get zapped.
Watch the news for Northwest England zapping.
>>
>>18109814
>>18110217
When you raise an animal outside of their natural domain and feed them food their bodies can't properly digest, then you can't really expect them to function their best. Now can you?
>>
>>18110315
You're gonna get killed by a weaponized toaster watch out
>>
>>18110316
Interesting thought... I think that answers why there are so many idiots in this world. Lol
But seriously I think the reason these animals are getting into trouble is because their free-range so being in grazing lands and eating grass isn't to far out of their comfort zone. Unlike the cattle that are housed and fed corn or whatever you god forsaken Americans feed your animals
>>
>>18103986
The last eruption was 70,000 years ago, you fucking mongoloid
>>
File: mjolnir.jpg (101KB, 570x598px)
mjolnir.jpg
101KB, 570x598px
Thread music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDySn9NfV4U
>>
It wasn't lightning that killed those reindeer.

It was me.

Revenge for running over my grandma.
>>
File: herherher.jpg (2KB, 125x102px)
herherher.jpg
2KB, 125x102px
>>18112453
>>
>>18108969
That was a different bunch of reindeer deaths. Sometime last year, I think.
>>
File: 1466910503337.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466910503337.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>18108226
Ai Shinozaki
Japans National Treasure and Goddess of Gravure
>>
File: 1472707077506.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1472707077506.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>18103986
Why the fuck can't you people do basic research? Quit spouting lies to the uninformed.
>>
>>18103981
This. Animals fucking die and OP is retarded.
>>
>>18103684

Nice link!

also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.