[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

painting interpretation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0471.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0471.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
I used to enjoy painting, as a method of escapism. I was fueled with fantasies of imaginary worlds and characters, usually for stories or cartoons I wanted to write about but could never put in words.

I began to struggle with a sensation that led me to believe my personality and my self was just a regurgitation of what id taken in from the world around me, like some weird puppet pretending to be human. I'd spent most of my life in modes of escapism; in books, video games, television, daydreams, day-long walks lost in my thoughts, sleeping, or sometimes painting.

a couple years back I was going through a life crisis. I was losing my mind from the cumulative stress of my broken family, from a violent and isolate life, from a frenzied fear of my incomplete and desolate lack of life experience. I felt like a braindead golem toddling at the heels of gods.

once I began to lose myself, I stopped painting for a while, but I suddenly made a collection of paintings, this being one of them.

the thing is, once a friend had observed any of these paintings, they dropped contact with me that very day. all but two of my friends were gone after I made them, and that stress coupled with the mental problems I was facing made me crack, and I ended up running away from home, keeping myself from sleeping under bridges by working two jobs. I intimidated my coworkers and had no family and isolated myself from the only two friends that cared about me.

this was the final painting I ever made. I haven't been able to bring myself to paint since. I haven't really been the same since.

what do you think it truly represents? the death of my soul?
>>
File: IMG_0469.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0469.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
heres another one. the rest are lost, I left them in a garage I was sleeping in and couldn't find them again. I'd torn them from a journal I was drawing and painting in.

I still have that journal and a couple uncolored sketches that I've wanted to complete, but i I feel as if my state of mind is so different from when I created it, I will ruin it with the attempt to continue.
>>
File: 1470268136969.jpg (10KB, 255x207px) Image search: [Google]
1470268136969.jpg
10KB, 255x207px
looks like aimless scribbles
>>
>>18103273
is that a vagina
>>
>>18103304
Anything can be a vagina with a little imagination.
>>
pretty dope paintings op- 11/10 would hang on wall
>>
Emily?
>>
I'm a psychoanalyst and from what I can tell, you're a massive faggot
>>
>>18103273
We have much in common Op.

On that note no, I do not see the death of the soul, but a soul seeking to escape a world that is crumbling around you both inwardly and outwards. The escapism still reflects, and you want to disconnect from the physical reality because you know there is a veil. The body resembles a statue or stone the weighs the soul down. This piece represents the veil being lifted, and transition. Almost like you are standing at the crossroad if you can understand.

Forget about the former friends because, you had nothing to do with their choices. I hope you do not give up painting because creativity seems to be a part of you, and this honestly beautiful. Just stand in your truth, and own who you are- the good, bad, hurt, and all of it.

They say madness is a gift especially if you harness it correctly, most of those remembered throughout history were described as mad during their times, but today we call them prophets, creative and scientific geniuses etc. Just keep yourself roped in enough to never give up on life or hope. God loves the broken because we will actually seek and listen Op, this I know to be true. Best wishes, and keep painting.
>>
First of all op, these are amazing, I'm a little sad you stopped painting. But what I'm getting from looking at these is a person that is broken, sad, angry, having a hard time keeping themselves together. It's just your inner self coming out via art.

I did pic related back in 2014, when I was severely depressed and suicidal. It's part I thought it would be awesome to draw a demon possessing someone, and part my inner turmoil.

I really hope you're in a better way now op, just remember, things can get better, and even though some leave, you can always make new friends, family, and connections. Two years ago I wanted to kill myself, but now I'm getting my shit together and trying to better my life. You can do it.
>>
File: demon possession.jpg (433KB, 1024x1299px)
demon possession.jpg
433KB, 1024x1299px
>>18105376
Ah hell, dropped my damn pic
>>
>>18103273
>>18103281
This art is actually fantastic. I echo what others have said. Keep painting, because there is beauty in this expression of inner turmoil. Even if you fail to see it. Things will be better, if you can apply your talent, then you can really make a name for yourself.
>>
>>18103310
Doesn't take much imagination. That's a wicked pussy cave with an angry fireclit.
OP your tool use and painting technique is good, but you fell into the trap of using hackneyed spoopy edgelord tropes. 1st layer analogies and idioms will turn thoughtful viewers away.
>>
I like your work, OP.
>>
>>18105384
That must be the work of an enemy Stand!
>>
>>18106929
what
>>
>>18105384
This image could reflect how you see the homosexual relation between yourself and your body. The feelings are strong animalistic urges that arise from nature. Religion/society has demonized these strong feelings because they give you a sense of uncontrollability. Sort of like a werewolf ostracized from society, seeking to unleash its hellish inner space on the world. In this place its a man covering from the brutal impact of his sense of self. The dragon overhead Is you feel disconnected from your lower self, as if its controlling you trying to break free from the depths of your subconscious. Its the ego, the reptilian brain, the connection between mind and body. If mastered it can become a powerful ally allowing control and understanding to pass between you and the natural world. The red is the root chakra centered around fears about survival and losing control. Its kundalini in its terrible form as a demon seeking to break free, to be tamed one needs to be gentle as the goddess and win its love and devotion.
>>
>>18103281
>>18103273
My God, Your work is Beautiful. Completely ecstatic. These are the sort of pieces I dreamed about creating when I was young.
I would love to see your work in a gallery.
>>
>>18103281
>>18103273
Whoever you are, I beg that you don't give up.
>>
File: paint.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
paint.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>18103281
>>18103273
I believe this is a very subconscious piece that examines the human experience, our placement in the universe inside and out of ourselves.

It is merely a statement, an observation of perception, as one would point to a remarkable occurrence.

Let's start from the bottom, moving up.

On the left is a grey-blue skull, into which is carved pillars and from which extrudes an archway reaching to the right,
>represents mankind and our history, the artifacts of material and knowledge we leave behind in death as a base from which the living grow.

Below it is stepping stones reaching into the green, soothing aether, over several ying-yang shapes,
>represents humanities path to enlightenment, yet the king yangs represent an upset in balance leading to chaos - the chaos that breaks humanities structure, cutting a line between information and entropy (above)

In the middle far left is a reddish skull that braces its forehead against the considerably larger blue skull.
>represents the living and their perception of death, bridging between them a path of communication via the yellow information squares to the right
a hand reaches out of the red skull,
>the black and white image behind it i perceive as trees reflected over a pool, or a representation of reflection, a portal of reflection from which the SELF hoists its perception.

to the upper left is the blue sky with the earth below it
>the black river represents death and the things we leave behind on the earth in our lives, the way we affect it

in the middle is a brownish patch or maybe a muddy riverbank, from which the self grows,
>represents mankinds evolution and sudden appearance from waste, and both our deconstruction and return to it. a combination of information (DNA + particles) and entropy

on the middle right is a reddish flow with a green person falling into it,
>represents time, the realization of fleeitngness, the inevitability of death, (I also perceive several skulls looking right)
>>
>>18110463
also I perceive the middle "lane" of color, to be another skull projected from the blue skull, both looking right, as a representation of the soul, of change and reaction or more intangible perceptions. its a barrier we place between the universe and humanity, yet is one in the same as its a part of eternity.
>>
>>18105384
>Dat painting

don't cut yourself on that edge bro, stay safe

CRAAAWWWLING

IN

MY SKIIIIIIIN
>>
File: file.png (143KB, 320x320px)
file.png
143KB, 320x320px
its just nyarlathotep
>>
>>18110581
Jokes aside, that's just how i "contacted" what appeared to be "him".

I stopped painting after a while, but whenever i allow by subconscious to express itself, it's the same kind of art and imagery what comes to life through it.

Did you dream of recurrent, awe inspiring places or dim-lit rooms while working on them, OP?
>>18103273

And by the way, you are very talented, just don't drop it.
>>
That first painting is very nice, OP. If your friends abandoned you over that then they were shitty. It doesn't look so dire to me though. Red is such a vibrant, spirited color. The red seems to be blooming. Hopeful.
>>
File: 116.jpg (76KB, 312x445px)
116.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
OP, I've seen your shit in the past, and saved it. Pretty cool and easy to interpret. You feel dead on the inside. Hahahaha. But you're very creative. Do you have a vast inner life? Hahaha. And enjoy to read? Also, keep being an artist. I am one, too. I make abstract art using texturing tools with acrylic paints. And I draw cartoons.
>>
>>18103273
I like, I feel.

>>18103281
scares me

I have always said that best artists communicate emotions, you do that.
you express yourself well, in your writing too

>what do you think it truly represents? the death of my soul?
What do YOU think it means OP?
>>
File: chuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px)
chuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>18106929
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.