[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can thinking frequently about the supernatural attract spirits?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Can thinking frequently about the supernatural attract spirits?
>>
It can, but it's not guaranteed. It depends on what thoughts about the supernatural you are having.
>>
>>18102171
Yes. Negative thinking attracts negative entities because they live off negative energy. They'll try to keep you thinking negatively so you keep providing negative energy.

But more related to what you were asking: Yes. There are books about supernatural things that, if you read, you'll very likely have supernatural experiences. Because now you've considered it to be a real possibility, and so everything can start presenting itself to you.
>>
>>18102250
>>18102243
To add onto what these anons already said "Seek and Ye Shall Find"
>>
OH, YES. VERY MUCH SO, ACTUALLY
JUST ASK SARON
>>
>>18102250
Shut up, John.

Nobody here cares if you went to college or not.
>>
>>18102277
who?
>>
No.

What you want is to frequently shift between a mentality that "believes in the supernatural" and a mentality that "doesn't believe in the supernatural." Do this rapidly throughout the day, until both mentalities merge into one.

That's true skepticism, and this is what will allow you to see the things out of the ordinary that might have been there all along. It also makes you not an annoying prick, but not insufferably gullible, which is an ideal state of mind when attracting spirits.

Spirits, like people, are often irritated by either of those two polar extremes of personality.
>>
>>18102171
OP, maybe maybe not.
I actually find this question fascinating. Have you noticed that when you read a word or symbol for the first time in your life your bound to recognize it again in the very near future?
Is this cognitive bias, suggestibility, some form of paranoia or is there something more going on?
>>
>>18102171
holy fuck only in your mind's eye.

if youre fucking afraid of something and think about it routinely, your mind will develop to do just that: engage the fantasy.

>hurr durr not afraid of spirits

Look the fuck up what a numinous experience is. Rudolf Otto. Deep, terrible emotion inspires reverence.
>>
You attract what you think about. Every thought has a consequence and creates subtle movements in your body that displace the space around you, altering where you go and what happens around you. I'm not sure if this attracts otherdimensional beings to you, but it definitely has an effect in this universe.
>>
I don't think it does. I've been fascinated and read about the occult, paranormal, aliens, etc.. since I was a kid (oldfag) and have only ever had one experience which could have been due to drugs.
>>
>>18102250
What are some names of these books?
>>
>>18102320
I've had that mentality forever, not even trying to deliberately cultivate it and nothing even close to being supernatural has happened to me.
>>
Yep.
It's aaalllll in your head man, you can make yourself believe anything after thinking enough about it.
Media/Society version of "Paranormal" isn't real. We're all just bodies for our DNA, our brains are exceptional at deceiving ourselves, our subconscious feeds into the paranoia and so on and so forth.
Reccing 'Thinking, Fast and Slow' for a primer in this area of psychology
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.