[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sleep paralysis/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: NMlMNLo.gif (320KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
NMlMNLo.gif
320KB, 500x409px
what's your experience with sleep paralysis, /x/?
>>
I get it sometimes. I think I'm awake laying in my bed but then I try to move and nothing happens. Sometimes I can stay calm and remember that if I go back to sleep, I'll actually wake up.

Other times... I try to move my limbs with all my strength and forget everything. Trying to move and never being able to remember what to do. Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually moving because one time a punched a wall.
>>
>>18100483
I was in my room, hadn't moved for an eternity, and then a three-headed metallic dragon was roaring in into my room through the door. It had, for legs (or a base really), a conveyer mechanism, the same as how tanks move.I was scared to death. I tried to scream, but I couldn't, I was helpless. I then realized it was a dream, so I tried to wake up, wake up, wake up!
I found myself awake with heavy, fast heartbeating and cold steel sweat all over my body. It was a cold night, bedsheets were not covering my body.
>>
for about a year it felt like something was following me around wanting to "hurt" me but it could not until one night i woke up it was dead silent but as i scanned around the room right fuckign next to me was a man shaped mist with red eyes.

it raised one of its arms and plunged it into me chest before giving me images of me being crushed by a meteor sized "rock" (it throwing it at me) after what felt like hours i woke up sweaty sore chest and my body was super heavy i then passed out from fatigue but ever since that night i have felt nothing following me every now and then i feel a presence but its a friendly one..... i have a feeling something saved me that night
>>
>>18100502
It was a jinn that was messing with you at first and probably an angel or a friendly jinn afterwards.
>>
>>18100483
I have a lot of experience with it. It started spontaneously, at first. Then I began experimenting with it. It's scary when you don't know what's going on and you can't move or open your eyes, but I've I learned what the hypnogogic state is, I realized it's harmless and was able to relax.

I learned to induce this state by intention. Usually after 25 minutes of relaxing toward sleep, I could find myself in this state. From there I experienced many interesting phenomenons. You can learn things about your own mind that are only just now getting explored by modern science.

I'm not going to go into all of that, but for people interested in out of body experiences, start here. Once you're in the hypnogogic state, you just get up, even though your body doesn't actually move. That's all there is to it! I don't believe this is paranormal either.
>>
Only had it once, it was pretty lame.

Woke up and my room was pitch count black, as soon as my eyes adjusted I though I saw a shadowy man laying/ crouching on holding my arms to my chest and looking right at me.

When I closed my eyes I felt the weight disappear and I could move again, nothing was there when I opened them and I was pretty freaked out for the rest of the night.
>>
I don't know if this is considered SP but I once had a dream where I was in an all white room in a chair with one door in it. A man broke down the door with a chainsaw and then proceeded to cut me in in half, right between my eyes.

I didn't wake up. The dream went from first person to third person. I was then in a corner standing, just watching myself in that chair as that man kept breaking down the door and killing me.

When I woke up, I felt very cold. I will never forget that dream.
>>
>woke up
>saw a 2 meter human shadow on the wall before me
>chuckled
>closed my eyes and imagined i charged flying at him and choking him
>opened eyes
>he isnt there
>realized wtf happened and turn on all the lights and didnt slept the whole night
>>
I have it semi-regularly

A few times I've experienced the classic "witch holding you down" thing and I've hallucinated things like Michael Myers walking slowly toward me whilst I can't move

I tend to experience a sensation of sheer dread from something unknowable but with malicious intent
>>
>be me
>laid in bed wide awake
>not sleeping
>no sign of paralysis
>hear spoopy sound in hallway
>gotdamn Sleep Paralysis
>>
I had it all the time when I was a kid, to the point where I basically just got used to it. Now it's a minor annoyance that happens a once or twice a month

>be me
>wake up in the middle of the night
>realise that I can't move
>not sure if I'm still breathing
>oh it's just sleep paralysis again
>it goes away within a minute or so

I can intentionally induce it by falling asleep on my back or drinking coffee right before bed. Never had any spooky apparitions or anything like that tho
>>
>>18100483
Overwhelming noise of rushing water/wind, sometimes electrical noise like an old modem but faster accompanied by blinking colored lights, also a few times when waking up feeling an overwhelming scary presence surrounding the whole room, many times ive been able to got straight to a lucid dream when closing my eyes during paralysis.
>>
File: scully.jpg (40KB, 579x545px) Image search: [Google]
scully.jpg
40KB, 579x545px
Do you sleep paralysis cucks always sleep on your back or something? A recurring theme for this phenomenon is people always complaining about something sitting on their chest~ have you tried sleeping on your side?
>>
>>18101428
Yes, i always sleep on my sides, but when i sleep on my back i have sleep paralysis.

But its an irrational fear, the fluidic cord that links your body and spirit is the strongest shit you can find on the intangible universe, so say them books.
>>
I've been having episodes of sleeep paralysis for asbout five years i have it about once every other week now, a couple of years ago i had a long period of daily episodes.
Lately as i've become more adept at waking up it seems to have layereed(for lack of a better word)
Id be paralyzed in bed see something(anything goes) force myself to wake up, go downstairs or something like that see something else get sent back to bed in a rush of static sound.
Rinse and repeat.
I lose track of whatsa real because of this so where i was totally used to feeling hostile presences now im getting to be quite paranoid.
>>
>>18101428
I have it regardless of how i sleep, but if i sleep on my back its usually a pressure, when i sleep on my chest it will usually be just a hostile presence, if it happens when i sleep on my sides i will usually feel like im getting grabbed, dragged or carried away
>>
>>18100882
I've never had Michael Myers approach me

am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>18100483
To wake up during this just hold your breath for like 30 seconds or more (until your brain realizes that you are in life danger).
I did it only once, then I became afraid.
>>
The weirdest thing happened to me last night, and I'm not sure whether or not it was a sleep paralysis type deal:
>Finish working on report
>Go to bed
>Takes me a while to fall asleep, but I eventually do
>Start Dreaming
>Sitting in a car, reclined, in the middle of the night.
>Car's not running, just sitting there with the engine off
>Sudden feeling of intense dread
>Super fucking intense, like "I want to kill myself so whatever the fuck this thing is doesn't kill me first"
>Eyes closed, can't see or hear anything, just know that if I open them something will kill me
>Either start to wake up or remember I should be in my room, but the feeling of dread doesn't leave
>Finally throw my eyes open and I'm in my bed on my back
This was made much more disturbing by the fact that I have never, in my entire left, ever slept on my back. I can't fall asleep in that position.
>>
I've had many SP experiences, never once was i terrified. The thing that bothers me about the whole experience, is this odd type of feeling flowing through my body. It's hard to describe, but it's almost like electricity, and an anxious feeling.

Even after regaining control of myself and getting out of bed, it takes a couple minutes for this feeling to completely go away. The sensation itself to me is almost torturous.
>>
>be 15
>wake up in the middle of the night
>had a bad dream after watching Amitycille horror
>try to turn my head to look at the clock
>can't move
>feel intense pressure on my chest
>"see" my door open
>strange figure with white eyes and a large black beak standing in my doorway
>whatthefuckisthisshit
>start to panic
>figure moves closer with every blink
>what feels like hours goes by
>now it's on my bed
>try to turn my head to avoid looking at it
>clock comes into my view
>it's 3:15

Once I saw the time everything went black and the next thing I new it was morning .
>>
Ive had sleep paralysis plenty of times but ive always had my eyes closed and never had any hallucinations during
>>
>>18100492
That's pretty rock and roll, man
>>
I got it a week or two ago

>3 year old son comes and gets me in the middle of the night as he does most nights
>go into his room to lay down with him and get him back to sleep
>go back to sleep myself
>think I feel wife climb into the bed with us
>weird what she's doing
>feel like she climbed on top of me and is sitting on me
>struggle to wake up
>that's not her on me
>can't move
>try to call out for her
>whisper is the best I can manage
>try to call out to my son who's asleep right beside me
>can't even make enough noise to wake him
>sensation fades away
>lol that was weird and scary
>go back to sleep
>>
>>18100483
I just made a thread on about how to induce it..im trying to log experience based off my emotions while going to bed, the duration of the paralysis and such..mt first experience wasnt too long ago but it was 3 women in the corner of my room whispering to each other and they kept glancing over at me and then back to whispering
>>
>>18102382
Ephemeral Rift making house calls now
>>
>>18100483
Enjoyable. It is always fun trying to strangle the monster sitting atop of me. And letting my instinct run wild.
One time, the SP was ending but I didn't want it to end yet so I willed it back.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.