[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spiritualality thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

Spiritualality thread
>>
>>18098884

What do you want to know?
>>
>>18098888
I didn't ask any questions.
>>
>>18098892
>>18098888
>>18098884

this fucking thread

kill yourselves
>>
>>18098888
who do i pray to in order to obtain quads
>>
>>18098892

Sorry I just wanted to get quads, I guees I still got ego to burn.
>>
>>18098903
It just happens.
>>
>>18098903

Meditate dialy,
With the time you will start to get doubles
Pray kek for doubles and good times.
Pray Jesus Crist for freedom
Pray God for power
Pray mother for stuff.

Praying works never let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
This thread is already on tumblr. Everyone's laughing at it.
>>
>>18098884
Typo in OP and the first reply isn't some /b/ troll?

This thread was born already dead
>>
So are Buddhists objectively more correct in their beliefs than non-Buddhists?
>>
>>18099280
no, they are more spiritual

the most correct path in life is humility and charity. every great humanity spiritual master teaches this.
>>
File: 1472924628002.png (6KB, 415x416px)
1472924628002.png
6KB, 415x416px
What is Spiritual?
Womething nonphysical?
What is nonphysical?
>>
>>18099592
>the most correct path in life is humility and charity.
Why?
>>
>>18100773

Because ego death and shit
>>
>>18098888
What would happen if I tried to raise Kundalini straight to Ajna Chakra without working on the lower Chakras before?
>>
>>18100830
Why would you want the ego to die?
Isn't the ego good?
>>
>>18100857
You would not know how to deal with the Energy and would most likely get Kundalini sickness which pretty much mimics schizophrenia except about 100 times more scary. The Kundalini isn't necessarily a positive energy, it is very strong and nothing to play with until you're prepared.
>>
>>18100861
The Ego is good and bad. That is why duality in the sense of ego is important. Killing the ego is essential in unlocking your mind and understanding true happyness. Your ego is what makes you materialistic and selfish. But at the same time the ego is what keeps you confident and successful. Well not really in a way.

I'm bored and will answer anyone's questions on spirituality. Might even make a few cold readings later if I can be fucked.
>>
File: epicurus.jpg (313KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
epicurus.jpg
313KB, 2000x1000px
>>18100872
>Your ego is what makes you materialistic and selfish.

Can you ever not be matererialistic?
Can you ever not be selfish?
Why would you want to not be either of those?
>>
>>18100969
Materialism and selfishness are forms of desire. Without desire, you are free from disappointment.
>>
>>18100973
But can you ever not be materialistic and selfish?
>>
>>18100987
Theoretically, that's what Buddha did.

It's easier to become "less" materialistic than it is to become completely non-materialistic, but that still helps.
>>
>>18100997
I think we are using two different definitions of materialism.
I use this one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism

Using this definition, it is impossible not to be materialistic.
>>
>>18101006
Oh yeah, I was using this one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_materialism

As for your type of materialism, it seems like it's either objectively correct or incorrect, and that you can't make it more or less correct with spirituality.

Still some debate about if it's actually correct though. Isn't matter supposedly just energy at a different frequency/wavelength? That would make energy and not matter the base substance of reality.
>>
>>18100987
>>18100997
>>18100969
Think about this. Feeling awakened can make you want to reduce the amount of materialism you have. You can be completely non-materialistic, but there will always be that part of the ego holding on. Ego death is really more like removing layers of the ego. Under true ego death, you have let everything go, family, friends, reality. Under these circumstances I would say that non-materialism would be able to be achieved, not including anything necessary to survive.

I know I dont use the best wording, I have the understanding in my head, I just never can use the perfect words to describe it.
>>
>>18101013
The energy needs a medium to shine through, and the medium needs energy to shine through it, for there to be consciousness.
>>
>>18101045
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism
Using this definition of materialism, nothing is immaterial.
you are free to shape your own definition if you like.

Do you agree with this definition of materialism?
>>
File: cernunnos_by_wahay-d58aqkv.jpg (281KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cernunnos_by_wahay-d58aqkv.jpg
281KB, 667x1000px
Druidic/Celtic Pagan reporting in. No I don't dance around naked in the woods.

I can answer any questions you may have (my opinion, of course.) over anything from Baby Jesus and Fedoras, to our deer headed lord and savior Cernunnos.
>>
>>18100768
Metamatter is a type of fluidic matter, sometimes attributed to be thinner than air, making it impossible for us to interact directly with it using our senses.

Some say its matter that doesn't use the strong nuclear interaction to keep itself together. Also called ether, prana, vital fluid, etc.
>>
>>18101133
archetypes can live through bodies, and can be made material.

particles can be sent through empty space at infinite speed if there is nothing to stop them.
So the less the mass and zise, the easier it will go through space, as almost nothing is there to stop it.
These small particles will even be able to pass through large bodies of mass with no problem whatsoever, as they do not collide with any other particle because they are so small.

>>18101174
Do you agree?
>>
>>18100872
Also your ego keeps you alive. Its a mechanism, a tool. The problem is that the ego is such a great and perfect tool to its objective, that sometimes the tool uses the wielder.
>>
>>18101193
I do. Even if I don't agree with your literal interpretation it definitely works as an analogy for what may go on.
>>
>>18101187
I agree
see>>18101193

I would argue that it is still material.
It is a kind of very thin film if you like.

Have you ever read Epicurus works?
>>
File: epikur.jpg (103KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
epikur.jpg
103KB, 500x700px
>>18101187
Where did you get the ideas from?
Personally I got it from the honourable Epicurus.
>>
>>18101202
i didnt
but ill be sure to, thanks

i read about this stuff on various spiritism books.
They even say that our tangible matter is just a copy of this ethereal interaction - the original, real world, and this one is just a sandbox made for us to play with, carefully put together to promove primitive spirits growth.
>>
>>18101202
>>18101211

taking a look right now.

I kinda knew this bright bg with geometric grotesque type graphic reference was from youtube's "The School of Life". Watching now.
>>
File: CG Jung.jpg (8KB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
CG Jung.jpg
8KB, 400x223px
>>18101213

Just look at him. >>18101211

He looks like a god and lives like a god.
He is the most likable character I have ever come across.

He was envied by most of the other philosophical schools because he was so successful, and because they could not argue against his core principles. They hated him for it.

He left a summary of his teachings, unlike any of the philosophers of his time:
epicurus.net/en/herodotus.html

I think you will find his teachings very interesting and useful. He clarifies very eloquantly the logic behinnd this worldview.

I would also suggest CG Jung if you have not come across him yet.
Especially his description of archetypes has been very enriching for me to undertand.
>>
>>18101232
Great.
His philosophy is the most useful that I have come across.
>>
>>18101232
But I would suggest you read some of his very few works.
I think there is only like 28 pages left of his work.
mostly letters.

He wrote over 300 works in his day.
>>
>>18101265
epicurus.net is a great resource
>>
>>18101236
>>18101233
>>18101211
>>18101202

5 minutes and i already love this guy. And you who suggested. Also thanks for the link, Jung guy

I've always wished to live in Auroville or some other shit, but never knowing it was an Epicurean community.

Also it throws some more fuel into the internal hate i have for Karl Marx, what a moron, trying to deform and appropriate such beautiful philosophy.

>>18101233
I have studied a little Jung at a pedagogy course i signed up years ago. Im a teacher and I wanted to learn more about children/adolescents. I was amazed, especially by his description of archetypes! One of my favorite subjects of all time, and i'll be sure to revisit that, because I was close minded at the time. It still it explained so clearly a lot of our mechanisms of existence, it blew my mind.
>>
>>18101283
I'm happy you like it :)

>Karl Marx, what a moron
I can't stand that guy!

>Jung
I also got into mythology. And after getting what this guy it talking about, it all makes so much more sense.

These two guys, Epicurus and Jung together are the best man. I understand my emotions and the world around me so much deeper now.
Their teachings has really made things clear for me.

Might you also be into economics?
>>
>>18101314
Yes, to my left i have right now these titles (translated):
empires of the world
freakonomics (really just entertainment)
Khan history (money history)
The book of economy (historical, huge book)

But im too lazy to look back in the shelf
Have any brick shitting material to share?
>>
>>18101332
Well, any austrian economist really.
They are all pro free market, and for very good reasons.

I would look up Robert P Murphy.
This video really opened my understanding of how a free market would look.
youtube.com/watch?v=V0_Jd_MzGCw
I couldn't argue against it.
Voluntary interaction is the way to go.
>>
>>18100866
Lol isn't that what happened to that Marina Joyce girl
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.