[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /x/ think beliefs are a choice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

Does /x/ think beliefs are a choice?
>>
>>18098754
The ego can choose to believe things, resulting in The belief of something, but the ego itself is a thought.

You don't really have choice.
>>
File: Buddy_christ.jpg (31KB, 370x284px) Image search: [Google]
Buddy_christ.jpg
31KB, 370x284px
>>18098754
It kind of is, yeah. Though that choice is often painted by influences within one's life. Education, peers, family...

But the choice isn't often there, most people only know the one belief they'd been surrounded by their whole lives. Which is why I like to play devil's advocate so much. I don't really have a position to promote, I just want them to know their beliefs aren't the only ones, and that just because they hold those beliefs doesn't necessarily make them the only valid ones.

Or even valid at all.
>>
File: 1471718175091.jpg (213KB, 1119x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1471718175091.jpg
213KB, 1119x1125px
>>18098929
Das mah niggah
>>
File: download (2).jpg (6KB, 145x144px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
6KB, 145x144px
>""""""free"""""" will
>>
>>18098754
Yes, I choose to believe in Jesus and accept him as my savior because I know without God I am nothing. God does not impose himself on others and that is were many miss the message. God gives you a choice. So I choose to believe upon him for he is my rock.

It is not about what God has done for me, but he has kept me alive many times when I did not deserve it. He has saved me when I had an eating disorder and took enough diet pills that should have caused me to have a cardiac arrest or death, he saved me from several wrecks that would have seriously harmed me, and I have walked out of several without even a scratch. That is not to brag though, understand that is a part of my testimony to his overwhelming glory whether you choose to believe what I am telling you or not, because it is the truth. I know God is real.
>>
>>18098754
? Yes. To believe is something you choose. Fundamentally to believe or not to believe is to choose. To not choose is to not believe in anything. "Open-mindedness". To accept all ideas as fiction, but possibly nonfiction.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.