/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A computer, but for magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: sibyls-pinturicchio.jpg (231KB, 700x789px) Image search: [Google]
sibyls-pinturicchio.jpg
231KB, 700x789px
Look at mathematics, and computers - they do math much, MUCH better than us. While we are the only ones capable of inventing the math, computers are able to use it in ways that we would never be able to.

Now look at magic. We are able to use it, just like math, and invent it, just like math. There are magical things that we will never be able to do, just like math. Then, what if we created a sort of computer that does magic much more efficiently than us? What possibilities would unlock? It can be constructed, but how?
>>
We didn't invent math, we just found a way to represent it.
>>
>>18098290
If you don't reply to this post your mom will get blacked.
>>
>>18098290

You are Ramon Llul, and I claim my 100 pesetas.

>>18098304

We didn't invent computers either. Ramon Llul did. So he could do magic on them.

Checks and mates, m8s.
>>
i effectively use computer for magick purposes its just a tool like wands penthagrams and such
>>
>>18098320
>its just a tool

No u r rofl
>>
>>18098290
How could we assemble a "magickal computer"? What would its components be? Instead of 1s and 0s would its code be written in sigils? Would it have a "chakral system", for a lack of a better term? What sort of functions would a magickal computer have? Automated prayer and incantation for spells? Sigil display and perhaps synchronistic/telekenetic sigil generation from it's user?

As an animist, it would really disappoint me to see a magickal computer be anything less than truly magickal and would prefer it to be animated either as a gollum or through an ai of some sort. Can there be non-binary, sigil generated ai? Even if you didn't animate your magickal computer it seems it would be quite useful, though I guess it really would depend on the ends to which you were trying to get to.
>>
>>18098320
Plus like this guy said, I really can effectively use computers how they are for magick, from dice rollers to online pk tests to influencing random sentence generators.
>>
File: moment_128.jpg (15KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
moment_128.jpg
15KB, 350x263px
This is what I'm gonna do to your mom's pussy.
>>
>>18098290
magic wand
>>
File: SMEAGOL_NOT_DEAD.png (16KB, 327x192px) Image search: [Google]
SMEAGOL_NOT_DEAD.png
16KB, 327x192px
>>18098290
Wizards assemble !

Advanced users of GNU/Linux (and I mean advanced), remember to try Source Mage GNU/Linux. True source-based distribution that can heal broken installs. And (in contrast with Gentoo and Arch) is:
Free from obfuscated and pre-configured code.
Fully committed to GPL, uses only free software (as in freedom) in their main package.
With even the documentation licensed as FDL.
Without 3rd party patches, sensible defaults or masked packages.
Doesn't need obfuscated python libraries, only bash.
Uses clean dependencies as they came from upstream developers, which by the same provides instant updates.
Can also use flags.

Do you like Arch Linux's AUR? Do you like Gentoo's portgage (or ports-like) package manager? With SMGL's "sorcery" you get all that. Making new spells (packages) not found in the grimoire (repository) is easy http://sourcemage.org/Spell/Book

Come and join http://sourcemage.org/
>>
>>18098304
this, math is discovered, not created, and computers don't do math better than us, they COMPUTE better than us. They are faster at executing algorithms.
>>
>>18098290
Sure thing, champ. Go prove you can do magic and investors will fund you building a magic computer.

Good luck.
>>
>we are able to use it
No we are not

We can't make a magician computer. That would require the machine to have a delusional consciousness. Literally no idea what you even mean, but it sounds so unbelievably retarded that I think I'm gonna throw up
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.