[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You want to be enlightened? You want to know how it really is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

You want to be enlightened? You want to know how it really is? Well here it is.

On Jupiter anticyclonic storms give rise to giant red spots and on Earth strands of protein give rise to biological organisms. Life is simply a phenomenon like weather, there is no abstract reason for it. Like local weather is shaped by complex weather systems are thoughts and emotions are just as mechanical.

What about consciousness you may be wondering. That too is a byproduct of evolution; merely a "trouble shooter" if you will, designed to increase your odds of survival and thereby a method of reproduction.

Stop searching so damn hard. The answers are right in front of you.
>>
I hope nothing but happiness for you
>>
>>18098281
>I hope nothing but happiness for you
>>
>>18098281
Probably the best summarization of "enlightenment" i've seen. People try to dig so deep to find the "answers" when just being is the answer
>>
File: stalin_today_op_was_cool.jpg (10KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
stalin_today_op_was_cool.jpg
10KB, 218x231px
>>18098281
>>
>OP

I love you, kek?

>guy pretending to be deft calls me a devil for not giving him money

>I agree with him

>guy tells me that I should get beat up

>also agrees with him
>proceeds to buy mace
>>
>>18098281
Shit be hard to understand matey.
>>
File: moment_040.jpg (13KB, 203x270px) Image search: [Google]
moment_040.jpg
13KB, 203x270px
>>18098281
Fuk u m8 and your hippy shit hope you get bummed by poof with AIDs
>>
>>18098513
I think this is quite easy to understand and has been the Western World's set of guiding metaphysics since the industrial revolution.
>>
>>18098420

>420
so true
>>
>>18098281
>designed to increase your odds of survival

Why do we need to survive though, why go through all this suffering?
>>
>>18098654
To reproduce and spread out, the unfit just die off.
>>
File: 1447815283146.jpg (175KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
1447815283146.jpg
175KB, 800x557px
>>18098281
>>
>>18098662
That doesn't explain a necessity for survival.

Perpetuating to keep on perpetuating is not a reason to go on. People don't need a reason. The areas in which suicide is most frequent often coincides with IQ. One of the main reasons asians and whites commit suicide at much higher rate.

The myth is that we need to keep going. The truth is that we get to keep on going. This life is entirely our own and we can do with it whatever we like.
>>
>>18098461
This
>>
>>18098281
"Trouble shooter"

Been listening to Alan Watts I see.
>>
>>18098281
my problem with to be enlightened is i don't like meditation.
>>
>>18098281
Very good post. Thanks anon!

But don't mix consciousness and ego. They are different things. Consciousness isn't material, isn't even fluidic, but ethereal. Your ego is a mechanism of survival. You probably think so because our consciousness is limited with only 5 dampened inputs, all excited by this material plane vibrations, but when you see thru your opened window, then you grasp how you are limitless senses, multidimensional.
>>
>>18098863
you can also reach it thru charity. thats not something you gonna hear very much. There is no sense in pursuing enlightenment if its just an egocentric journey. If you are part of nature, it means you are made to collaborate.
>>
>>18098680
Think of this world as a school and a sandbox at the same time. Like OP said, as humans we're just natural phenomena like weather, so we have a natural programming, a biological pursuit, you can call this a rule or condition to be born in this place.

But we're here for a reason, and that would be to learn. To temper our souls on this refining fire. As we evolve, so will this planet. As humans, we are nothing but animals, and your thoughts are animal thoughts, your desires, ambitions, reality, senses, all animal. But these state-of-the-art animal vests are strongly connected with what you can call "yourself".

Sometimes the animal in you can try to convince you that you are not the being, but the body, the animal, the matter, the voice in your head, YOUR voice, for survival reasons. Thats the first trick towards enlightenment.
>>
>>18098949
Thats just me speaking, but... i think every animal that swims, crawl, walks, reeks on the surface of this planet had the sole purpose of developing a lifeform capable of being a receptacle to our beings, our consciousness, our spirits.

Just a thought.
>>
>>18098281
I don't think I'm enlightened, but what you say is just a fact for me and have always been. Everyone should realize that. Our breathing and thinking is same as wind or a plant which is "programmed" to grow specific way.
But there is much more deeper than that. When you are englightened you understand that not only what we see or can touch is real, that it is actually only the unreal part of this universe, and the realest part is somewhere in our mind, beyond dreams and meditation, in our spirit as a humanity. It has and it will always be. But what comes to that part, it is also just as simple as breathing.
>>
>>18098863
>>18098863
Some kinds of moving meditation are fun, like taiji/tai chi. You need to find a good instructor though that can actually do the intrinsic force and chi stuff, though, because otherwise it's just a dance.
>>
>>18098744
Yeah but Alan Watts was enlightened, unlike OP, that's why he drank himself to death.
>>
>>18098904
This is my problem with a lot of the magick on here. Selfish as fuck. All about fucking ghost and finding quarters on the ground and shit.
>>
>>18098281
I like this. Way better than the retarded create temporary chemical imbalances in your brain using psychedelics to find "the truth" kind of thing.

Love you, OP.
>>
File: kskdifucuyeeekejdududuuwgwg-1.jpg (113KB, 552x749px) Image search: [Google]
kskdifucuyeeekejdududuuwgwg-1.jpg
113KB, 552x749px
Why
>>
>>18098895
Any ego can say random things about the planes and all that and maybe draw some sense of comfort from having such a fanciful explanation for a universe beyond our limited comprehension or by feeling that you are needed by being the one others look to for these answers. Isn't this more of a burden than an enlightenment?
>>
You enlightenment is to assume everything is nothing. That is the weakest of all conclusions. It is not to understand nothing, and to see nothing, but to understand all, and to see all. That complexity is true.

The reason for life is to do just that. To understand. Why else would we be doomed to continue on? Our only purpose is to seek out the truth. We have defeated all obstacles within our way, yet we feel it within our very hearts. There is still more. And we will not be released until we have accomplished all.
>>
>>18098654
to produce the "son of man".
>>
>>18098996
Alan Watts drank himself to death because he was enlightened?
>>
>>18100497
precisely, but they are also mechanisms we need to survive and reproduce. Think of it as a condition to be born in this planet. Only thru questioning existence itself one can attain enlightenment.
>>
>>18098895
Not true at all.. The ego is more like our center for motivation. It's where the fuel to pursue our passions comes from. But because of indoctrination and so forth we are taught to use our ego for selfish gain rather than fuel to accomplish our destiny, whatever that may be.
>>
>>18098281
Umm, no.

Lots of ass-licking sceptics in this thread. Or OP samefagging.
>>
>>18101996
OP here. I'm not samefagging. I really didn't expect as many positive replies as there have been.
>>
>>18098281
I applaud the effort to break through the sound barrier of years of effort of the human bean to educate itself.

We are self proclaimed intelligent beans who logicaly intelligently receive their intelligence through our intelligence.
By the very productive and inherently intelligent process of applying our intelligence we become more intelligent than we could've ever been.
We are not at all going in circles, beating around the bush, walking around the same block over and over, because intelligent as we are, our solutions to problems which are ofcourse in no way a product of our flawless intelligence, come from the very intelligence that as I have said, does not in the same turn produce any problems at all.

Certainly I am not saying that there is no real difference between a problem and a solution. Certainly I won't tell you, that such a thing is a matter of language and perspective. That would be utterly ridiculous and not intelligent at all.

I am Major Tom, we will proceed to observe the upcoming weather.
>>
Upon realizing, that nothing can be held on to we cease to hold on.
Upon realizing that not holding on to anything is holding on, the I ceases it's action entirely and it is out of question whether or not to hold on, but how the cherries up the cherry tree may taste.
Find it through ceaseless action.
>>
Aren't you guys mad as fuck?
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 367x357px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 367x357px
>>18098281
>Current year
>Still believes in abiogenesis
>>
>>18104272
Why?
>>
Sex.
Everything is reproduction. Every gesture, movement, thought. Everything, if overthought and over analyzed, is for breeding.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.