[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apotheosis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: godlike-state.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
godlike-state.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
I've done a bit of research on this subject, but how would one achieve apotheosis other than pleasing the Gods to the point of them granting the person Godhood. For example, could intense meditation work, or stealing and absorbing the souls of others until you become a God?

I know what I'm about to say is completely fictitious, but chim from the elder scrolls series. Tiber Septum achieved chim from uniting Tamriel, and Vivec did so from the heart of Lorkan. Could there possibly be a way to achieve Godhood the way Vivec did in a real life equivalent type sense?

>Inb4 Talos isn't a God and I achieved Godhood
>>
>>18095562
Op here, the Buddhist and Hindu version would be Nirvana
And the Mormons believe in a version like it to, the Mormons think that when you get to heaven you become a God of your own world/universe
>>
No one knows A god, No one has seen a god, rather through visions that are internal. So appeasing yourself would suffice for appeasing a god, that is if you believe your a god. Also, an "Apotheosis" or peak in what sense, You peak when you see god, you peak when you work with god, you peak when you become god.. i feel like you have really restricted yourself with this project.
>>
The gods are just Aliens that live alot longer then us.

They wanted to keep us from the tree of life because if we eat from it we would have the same long lives as they do.

Jesus came to give us the Grail, it is this Eucharist that the gods didnt want us to have.

He is the Capstone of the Great Work.

They are the Builders who rejected the capstone and left the Great Work unfinished.
>>
Raise your Kundalini first.
CHIM is the highest state of Consciousness.
>>
>>18096175
interesting, so if im reading this right, then the answer is in how we take in nutrients from our food and how these foods created us essentially?
>>
File: last-supper6.jpg (28KB, 653x250px) Image search: [Google]
last-supper6.jpg
28KB, 653x250px
>>18096199

At the last Supper Jesus showed us a very special Food and Drink.

The Bread of Long Living and the Elixir of Life.

This is the Food of the gods that gives them their long life: Ambrosia.
>>
>>18096165
I'm meaning how one ascends to Divinity, not just any peak
>>
>>18095562
I'm glad you brought up CHIM. Much of the lore surrounding it is based on real-life mysticism, written by someone who appears to know what they're talking about, so even though the characters are fictional the concept is solid.

Part 3 of a four part article:
https://fallingawkwardly.wordpress.com/2010/10/25/the-metaphysics-of-morrowind-part-3/

The whole article analyzes TES up to and including Morrowind in light of how the lore does funny things to the fourth wall, and this part focuses on CHIM. All four parts are worth reading.

In short, CHIM is at once both a description of the true goal of the Magus, as well as the realization by these guys that they are literally characters in a video game. In the end it all sounds weird and Matrix-y, but remember that The Matrix was based on the same kind of stuff as TES lore, too.
>>
>>18097902
I just realized I pointed to the end without telling you where to begin. Deep introspection, along with learning to silence and control your own thoughts, would be the first step. I'd recommend reading up on all of the mystical/esoteric/occult traditions you can find material on, pointing to a single source for an answer that fits everybody is nigh impossible.

Of particular interest are Yogic material and the Hermetic traditon - not to be confused with "Western Hermeticism," which is quite different - I personally don't care for the latter, but I don't know it as deeply as the others, so it may have some hidden gems I didn't uncover. Carlo Suares's interpretation of Kabbalah is also in this vein, as is Gnosticism, though I personally feel that many Gnostics take their symbols and abstractions far too literally.
>>
>>18098044
So achieving a chim state would be more so, "reality is tangible I can change it" or, "reality is false so therefore I can change it"
>>
>>18098685
You must understand that the one who askes is the fiction you're trying to escape.
>>
>>18098685
Closer to the second, but not quite that simple. '"Reality" is whatever level of existence your consciousness resides on. Other levels exist, but if you can't access them they're false to you. Temporary access is possibe (such as astral projection) but the consciousness remains rooted in the physical body. The state of Nirvana is the permanent movement of the consciousness to the realm of absolute unity in which all duality (and derived multiplicities) is unreal. The chim state on the other hand would be akin to simultaneously having the seat of awareness centered in both unity and duality, and being able to hold this paradox of both being equally real without being driven mad.
>>
I've played Tes 3 almost religiously since its release.
Not only because its great gameplay but also of its magnificient story and metastory.

You see, Dagoth Ur thought himself to be the Godhead, The dreamer.
What he forgot is, that all this knowledge came to him by his conversation with the Heart of Lorkan.

Hence you kill the Heart to Kill Dagoth.
Dagoth became the Hearts extension in the world.
You kill the root of Dagoth, the root of his semi immortal dream thus you kill Dagoth.

Now think about vivec.
For him there is no such external factor for his "awakening". His heart, or maybe better "shin" does not really exist.
This is where Chim and zero sum comes from.
This sudden realization that this shin does not exist(shin as in chinese 'mind/heart') while being able to continue existence.
This is having 1+ -1 =\0
>>
It's not so much as pleasing the Gods. You can't be given Godhood. Something that's not God can't suddenly become God because that would demote the notion of what God is.

To be God, Godhood must be already present as the actual potential of the human being, which it is. Godhood must already be the case.

So therefore, it's not so much that a human being appeases the Gods through spiritual work. It's more that the human being, through spiritual work, clears the obstacles in its life that keeps them from seeing the already present truth of their Godhood.
>>
>>18099008
In m mind it is quite easy to understand as I have been through many channels of spiritual study and practice already.

Hence why I love this game for its absolute beauty on this one.

Once Vivec realized this fundamental lack of individuality, the lack of "his own shin" there was one fraction in which he could've just vanished, which he also did later in the Lore.
But he managed to retain "I" by memory.
This shock altered the character so fundamentaly that he truly became himself through being aware that he himself is only a character, an imagination.

During this time that shock occured, which did not actually happen in time at all (thus the nature of the menue ingame, which stops time and which is also mentioned in vivecs sermons) but in eternity, he became reinvented into that Vivec that the player encounters in Morrowind.
>>
>>18099024
Now as Chim puts it, Vivec was then able to rewrite his own story. By his new redefined and refined state he could alter his past aswell as define his future.

He also knew that he could not die unless killed by the one who gave him his powers.
Now I have said that Vivec attained his powers by his own realization, which is only partly true in the end as it took the murder of the Nerevar in order for him to achieve chim.

In some sense the Player Character is to Vivec what the Heart of Lorkan is to Dagoth Ur.

Vivec knows this and also writes about this in his Books.
Again, marvelous Game. A plot like I've never seen it before in video games.

Vivec knows he can only be killed forever through the hand of the Player Character, the reborn Nerevarine.
Which would be like the dissapearance of the Heart of Lorkan, which would also get rid of Dagoth Ur.

The Sermons also hint towards the nature of Chim wherein the true Vivec is just like the actual Player(not the ingame character).
The Vivec that you meet ingame is the player character of the True Vivec.

Sort of a Atman Brahman situation.
Very deeps stuff.

You made me want to replay it yet again.
>>
File: 1389366279574.jpg (396KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1389366279574.jpg
396KB, 1920x1080px
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.