[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

Do you believe in any higher being /x/? I mean truly, no role playing. I study physics and the more I know, the more I understand how limited is our cognition. We can only work within certain "space" of analogues phenomena. Things get more complicated not because of rule but because of sheer amount of information we have to include. So in other words - rules are simple, end result maybe complicated. My point is - are we only catching some part of reality, approximated with our simple minds? I would say science is all for supernatural stuff, as we are LIMITED by definition.
>>
>>18095009
i don't believe in a higher being. although i think i might be becomming delusional because i'm actually starting to believe that the universe revolves around me.
>>
>>18095009

Are we still evolving physically in a way we may gain the capacity to understand such complexities? Or will we eventually reach a plateau in our evolutionary capabilities?
>>
>>18095044
i don't think we'll ever be smart enough to understand all of it just because evolution won't evolve our brains for that single purpose.
>>
He-Who-Is is ineffable. No principle knew him, no authority, no subjection, nor any creature from the foundation of the world, except he alone. For he is immortal and eternal, having no birth; for everyone who has birth will perish. He is unbegotten, having no beginning; for everyone who has a beginning has an end. No one rules over him. He has no name; for whoever has a name is the creation of another. He is unnameable. He has no human form; for whoever has human form is the creation of another. He has his own semblance - not like the semblance we have received and seen, but a strange semblance that surpasses all things and is better than the totalities. It looks to every side and sees itself from itself. He is infinite; he is incomprehensible. He is ever imperishable (and) has no likeness (to anything). He is unchanging good. He is faultless. He is everlasting. He is blessed. He is unknowable, while he (nonetheless) knows himself. He is immeasurable. He is untraceable. He is perfect, having no defect. He is imperishably blessed. He is called 'Father of the Universe'.
>>
>>18095009
I believe in intelligent design, chaos doesn't follow logic, and logic is not an emergent property of chaos, something had to exist outside of the chaos to bring logic to it. Otherwise no laws of physics, no bonding of atoms just unbridled chaos
>>
>>18095080

The Great Architect. He laid out all the laws for the Universe.

We are his Builders.

Its up to us to finish the Great Work.
>>
I am Catholic.
>>
>>18095087

Then the Eucharist should be very important to you.

He wants us to have it.

Not crackers and grape juice, but the real Bread of long living and the Elixir of life.
>>
>>18095031
That is actually a delusion but I can't remember the name of the illness.
>>
I don't think a good god would want us to fight the way we're fighting in the world so possibly the majority worships false prophets.

The only real God on this planet produces love and togetherness.

There is a higher being but most likely all humans working as a collective.
>>
>>18095009
science is the mind, the mind can only apprehend what it already know, you have to experience the truth if you want to know it.
>>
>>18095031
I've been feeling that lately. A lot actually. Then I tell myself that it's just delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>18095112
god complex?
>>18095126
i feel like some coincidences are too big to be coincidences.
and they happen way too often, it's driving me crazy.
>>
>>18095009
this is a good image, but I don't think God looks like this.
>>
File: 1472946782502.gif (807KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472946782502.gif
807KB, 500x500px
>>18095611
It's called efficacy. Arranging probabilities to produce a desired outcome.

Consciousness manipulates probabilities. Part of you thinks this is mundane. The other part of you thinks it's magical, and incredible.

It is. It's a mundane thing that humans do, and it's magical, and incredible. Now use that inherent ability to make some nice coincidences happen for other people, and see where that leads you.
>>
>>18095009
God cannot exist in the traditional sense. However if there is a God it would be like Spinoza said, in the infinite extension of nature. Since nature even extends into us, it sorta has consciousness. This is what I refer to as God.
>>
>>18095031
That is called Schizophrenia
>>
File: 1467098146867.jpg (125KB, 752x581px) Image search: [Google]
1467098146867.jpg
125KB, 752x581px
>>18097373
>7373

Is this is what god looks like?
>>
>>18095009
I believe there is something behind a curtain and it likes to keep people distracted and asleep and I think I'm gonna go on my own adventure and find some new friends and stuff.
>>
>>18095009
I know we are limited. But "higher being" is loaded terminology to begin with. The fuck is that?Is a galaxy a higher being? Why not? If it is, then we know those exist.
But no, higher being brings to mind some kind of intelligence, and maybe even something a bit human.

What I believe is that the unknowns of the universe would absolutely blow our minds, and even assigning them an apparently vague term like "being" is doing a disservice to what these unknowns could be.
>>
>>18097381
>God cannot exist in my narrowly defined, purely materialistic understanding of what God means
>>
>>18095009
I've always imagined the Universe itself as a collection of neurons in a really massive brain. Stars and galaxies and so on kind of oddly resemble this, possibly just because gravity naturally makes round shapes.

Basically, Earth is a tiny fleck of matter in the brain of something even bigger. "God" perhaps? Who knows, it's just an imagining. I'm very likely wrong but it's nonetheless one interpretation of God that makes more sense than the old school kind.
>>
>>18097486
God's existence entails contradictory properties therefore he cannot exist. Eg, God cannot be omniscient and have knowledge of learning something because then he wouldn't have been omniscient for all the time he existed.

I never said I was a naturalist.
>>
>>18095009
There is 2 many options to chose what i belive.
in end option God/Aliens/Demensional beings/we are gods/Science.
That i just don't care anymore what will be true
>>
God exists at the end of the road.

When we'll get there, nobody knows!
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 444x454px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 444x454px
>>18095009
I don't believe in anything any more.
I just come here to crush oppositions to my disposition, in the faint hope that one convinces me beyond doubt that there is such a thing as ultimate truth and reason in the world beyond perspective.

I will doubt in the meantime.
>>
>>18097381
So a star wars type force?
>>
>>18097616
In a way but more universal and an essential trait not something picked up.
>>
>>18095080
>chaos doesn't follow logic, and logic is not an emergent property of chaos

It does actually, and is.
>>
>>18097510
>I can't understand means it isn't possible
>>
>>18095031
500 mg of Benadryl and lock yourself in your room
>>
>>18095009
No not, believe I have seen no evidence to convince me of their existence. It can be an entertaining idea however. I am not saying it is impossible but I have not the information to make a judgement.
>>
>>18097537
>I just come here... in the faint hope that one convinces me beyond doubt that there is such a thing as ultimate truth and reason in the world beyond perspective

What do you mean by truth and reason? There is what there is, that's the truth. The only way to know truth objectively is to see it from all sides. We are each sides from which it can be seen. Though we can see it, we cannot see it from all sides simultaneously. You can know truth, you cannot know absolute truth. Not in this life. Maybe our subjective experiences are contributions to Gods objective experience. Maybe God knows all that is known, but not yet all that there is to know and we are all collectively in the process of 'finding out'.
>>
>>18097978
You want him to have a nap?
>>
>>18095009
It depends what you mean by 'higher being'. Theoretical physics suggests that there are as many as 11 spacial dimension, or tiers of dimensional complexity, and potentially an infinite number of parallel iterations of this 11D universe. I'd say there's enough unknown left to hide a God or two of one sort or another.

Lately though I've been playing with the idea of God as a force of nature called 'Will' which is involved in reality at least as much as the other physical forces.

The western/ Abrahamic model of an anthropomorphised monarch God is a pretty primitive one in my opinion but there are many others to explore.
>>
File: yoda headrub.jpg (30KB, 563x348px) Image search: [Google]
yoda headrub.jpg
30KB, 563x348px
>>18095009
I believe in something. Not sure what it is. The Force, maybe.

But I don't really give much thought to gods, beyond scholarly interest. The notion that any ultimate power could be something humanoid is somehow absurd to me, at any rate. It's a finite concept for something that is supposed to be infinite.

But I have this weird animist streak, so I'm not entirely willing to throw out the possibility of sentient forces of nature.
>>
>>18098400
I will never know absolute truth.
You hit the nail on the head, I live in a near vaccum of correct and incorrect opinions, which are all near impossible to validate entirely.

There is no point looking for anything any more, because as soon as I see/hear it, it is tainted by my perspective.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.