[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spiritual awakening - where to start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (51KB, 249x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 249x300px
I'm new to all of this so excuse my stupidity but it's all really confusing. Reading about spiritually "ascending", Angels guiding you, communicating with entities, etc. Where am I even supposed to start? Truthfully I've been interested in starting this journey for years but now I feel I'm in a place where I can actually do it. Please can someone just explain it all, or at least attempt to.
>>
What interests you specifically? What seems attractive to you? Need to narrow it down because there are lots of places to start from.
>>
>>18093690
No one can tell you, reason being that no one talk you out of your illusions, you have to come to some realisations through personal experience.

You're not going to find it in a book, or on some YouTube channel
>>
>>18093703
>>18093690

To expand on what I said. When you get there you will realize how fucking stupid you were to ask the question in the beginning, Basically, you're just playing the game of think g you're an individual person.

Which is fine.

Think about it, you're asking external sources about an internal experience
>>
What is it that drives you ? learn to understand yourself and only then will you be able to awaken your true self.
You must come to terms with the good and the bad, understand that every thought and feeling/urge comes from within and has its place in your consciousnes.
>>
>>18093690

You also used a generic pic which is almost a meme of people who think they're on the know!

Just give up Op, there's nothing to learn that will make you feel better. Believe me. People will pretend but it's just all games, all roleplay from a human point of view and a cosmic one.
>>
>>18093706
I would have to get there to know. What was your process like of getting there?
>>
>>18093710
Things like this will be on hallmark cards in 10 years.

It's beautiful because even in the blatant up front fuckery of what the truth.
People still fucking miss it.

That's why this is somewhat amusing
>>
>>18093714
I'm not here to help you, there is nothing to help. But you will get many people who will like to give help, all of which is full of conceit.

But all the best.
>>
>>18093701
I want to be able to "ascend", communicate with beings of other dimensions that supposedly exist. I just want to be able to see these things for myself. It sounds so intriguing, I've always believed there is "supernatural" type things going on. Not necessarily GOD but there are other beings in other dimensions. Sorry if that wasn't specific enough.
Honestly I also want to use it to become a better person and heal from shit that's happened to me.

>>18093713
Yeah man I know it's generic but I'm looking for answers to see if any of this is really true and I want to experience it for myself. It's better to try than to never try at all.
>>
>>18093706
That makes sense, sort of. I get that it's a fucking stupid question I just need to know how to start, somehow. Not really sure how to ask it in a way that makes sense.
>>
>>18093723
Last post from me.

Anon, you're not going to find it here. Now fuck off and go experience life and altered states of consciousness in which you ,may! Come to get some sort of glimpse of what this is.

But NO ONE, here can tell you. Anyone who says they can isn't worth listening to.

Best advice, go live life for life, don't try to understand it.
>>
>>18093710
there is no good or bad tho. u have to realize who your "self" is truly. if u know your self you know most things.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yj4Yfdg4Nfw

/THread.
>>
>>18093723
Okay. Well.

>I want to be able to "ascend", communicate with beings of other dimensions that supposedly exist.

How do you know they're not? Look at it this way. You and I want to send messages to each other. So what do we use? We use letters. From these we make words.

Alright. Imagine a being that wasn't in our physical reality, any more than you are "in" the 4chan post that you're sending me. Such higher beings would not be able to communicate the same way you and I do.

But instead, they would use objects in our reality to represent things with meaning. If you want to have conversations of this nature, you must learn to be literate; to read. You can read with messages using 26 letters in our alphabet. That's a start.

Now imagine an alphabet where any object in physical reality is a potential "letter." How does one even begin to formulate a coherent message with all that information!? Figure that out, and you will be on your path to having conversations on a "higher" plane of existence. (It's really more like an outer plane of existence, but that's semantics.)

Anyways. That's the gist of it. Maybe these beings already are talking with you. Maybe they never stopped. Maybe the house you're living in, and the chair you're sitting in are just characters in one of their expanded messages. That's what it's about. What if we're actually just living on the breath of a god?

Native Americans are literate in this language, btw. You don't have to explain to them that an object can have meaning based on who put it there. Go hang out with some natives, and just pay attention to the way they think. Never even mind the content of their stories, or mysticism. Just like, observe the people, and how they operate. It's a little bit different.

>But it works.
>>
Hey, OP, I am starting on this journey too.

For me I've just started appreciating things. Loving people by listening to them. Being open to thoughts and questions about things I might otherwise write off as silly or unrealistic, i.e considering how I think the universe came about or why I'm here. They're hard questions but once you start thinking about things bigger than your next paycheck it gets easier to open yourself to those things.

I find that setting aside a whole hour each day to think, stretch my muscles, and relax every mental boundary I have is extremely rewarding and beneficial. Listening to white noise like rain can help to focus your mind and allow it to wander off and let go.

Generally just relax. Treat bad things as challenges to overcome or lessons that teach you things. Think about all the really good shit in your life. Share that positivity with anyone whenever possible and you'll start to feel those good vibes more and more often when you meditate for that hour every day. The more comfortable and positive you feel about you and your life, the more connected you will feel to those entities you want to communicate with.

Research as much as you can about angels, Astral protection etc and incorporate it slowly into that hour each day. Don't rush it. Add a bit each day. Be patient and speak to those entities without expectation so when they do respond you will be more receptive to their responses, whether that be through visions, sounds, events or something else similar.

Good luck, I hope you can learn to connect and benefit from it greatly. X
>>
How does one achieve clairvoyance?
>>
You're not going to find what you're looking for on forums or websites. 99% of spiritual material on the internet is the blind leading the blind.

Books are a good starting point (in terms of establishing a basic theoretical understanding of metaphysics and spirituality, and pointing the direction towards where to receive practical instruction), but will only take you so far. Don't make the mistake of thinking you can progress practicing out of books alone, it simply isn't possible.

What you really need is in person instruction. Look for a meditation center or temple in your city which runs introductory courses on meditation and start attending - no matter where you go spiritually, it all starts with basic meditation, learning to listen to the mind, to calm it and bring it in harmony with the body.

Ask the teachers there to recommend some reading material. Go through the scriptures of the various spiritual schools and see which ones resonate with you.

From there, expand out into whichever tradition you find engaging. So if the Dao De Jing resonates with you, seek out a class in taiji and qigong. If the Bhagavad Gita is more engaging, then look for a Yogic guru. And so on. Don't worry if what you find immediately seems a bit light - as you practice and study, you'll gain a greater understanding of the tradition and a greater network of teachers and fellow practitioners which will grant you access to the deeper teachings.

Good luck. It can be hard to sift through the nonsense to find genuine instruction, but it's absolutely real and accessible, if you're willing to sift through the nonsense and put up with a false start or two.
>>
File: 1194794_m.jpg (30KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
1194794_m.jpg
30KB, 597x600px
>>18093771
By realizing that all information that's available in the universe, in any time as available through mundane means.

This comes at a cost--it means that there's no such thing as a true secret.

When you can accept yourself for who you are, you can begin to learn clairvoyance. You will never learn clairvoyance, if you can't accept the the possibility that others might see through *YOU* as well.

That's all there is to it.
>>
>>18093783
>By realizing that all information that's available in the universe, in any time as available through mundane means.

Are you essentially trying to say what >>18093738 said or something different? Elaborate a little bit more if you don't mind of course.
>>
know yourself first before you try to know anything else
>>
File: Animoot.gif (428KB, 346x195px) Image search: [Google]
Animoot.gif
428KB, 346x195px
>>18093789
Alright. Ascension is just the idea that your consciousness is no longer limited to your own body specifically. There's a LOT of weird terms that get mixed up with this simple idea:

Resurrection: Okay, well technically true, because if you can move your soul to a new body, that's resurrection.

Telepathy: Mm, I guess so. I mean, there's not really a difference between knowing what a person would say, and telepathically receiving the communication of what they would say, but without them having to say it, now is there? If you can play charades, you're a telepath.

Spiritual awakening: This is a metaphor that just generally refers to a broadening of awareness. If you can project your consciousness to different places in physical reality, then you're basically one up on everyone who doesn't even know this is a thing they can try to do. It's like, how other animals don't know how to throw things, but we do. Well, "ascended" people are learning how to throw their minds into different places, whereas those who don't have this skill keep it firmly implanted inside their skulls.

It's entirely a perspective thing. Those who are awakening to this can experience aspects of reality that those who aren't cannot. If you stick two awakening people in a crowd, they can have a conversation with subtext that the rest of the crowd is completely oblivious to, while simultaneously seeming to be exactly as usual to rest in the crowd.

You must have done this before in your life, it's not a super power. There is no such thing as the supernatural. This is ordinary stuff, that anybody can do. But, for various reasons, people have always been taught not to, or that it's bad to. Or in some cases getting lynched by crowd and burned on the stake, if they were caught doing so. Seriously, history's fucked up.
>>
File: animoot_s.gif (450KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
animoot_s.gif
450KB, 480x480px
>>18093838

So what we're seeing now is finally an opportunity where people who are comfortable projecting their consciousness outside of their bodies, are doing so with increased fervor. And as the advantages of this become apparent, others will follow. Apparently every society gets to this stage at some point, and so once the ball gets rolling, it only picks up momentum, until the skill of projecting one's consciousness is every bit as necessary in ordinary life as speaking a language, or knowing how to read / write.

Apparently there's two main modes of consciousness projection that I've become aware of. There might be more, but for now I've only noticed two ways to really specialize in this skill.

The first method is to store MASS amounts of memory. Once you figure out how to project your consciousness outside of your body, you have basically the entire universe to store knowledge for you, so you can just create a kind of whirlwind meaning everywhere you go. Since the entire function of memory is to increase your ability to predict the future, this sort of locks you into a series of self fulfilling prophecy. It's a power centric, controlling lifestyle, where your day is ordered, and you must leave time on your schedule to make the next schedule.

The other way to learn to project your consciousness, is to instead create recursive feedback loops. This happens when you realize that there is no such thing as silence--just, echoes of echoes. No such thing as darkness, just reflections of reflections. It's actually *memory itself* which causes these to crystallize into single frequencies. If you instead allow your consciousness to drift, and focus on the moment, you can gain immense sensory perception by studying the fractal patterns you perceive in your senses. This is a much more chaotic approach to living, but no less valid. While you will rarely have the answer to your problems ahead of time, you will be able to invent them as you go with much greater efficacy.
>>
>>18093690
I would say the primary step would be developing a daily meditation routine. After that I would suggest focusing on acting with selfless compassion towards even thoughtless and petty people (without being self denying,) and then thirdly I believe you should start concentrating on improving your physical health through regular exercise, yoga, a healthy diet, and the steady removal of harmful habits. Read the sticky on /fit/
>>
>>18094731
>>18093690
Yep. The standard practices you may or may not have heard of before. The Hindus call it "sadhana" - straightening yourself out.

Fasting, Meditation, Renunciation, Abstinence, Gnana, Bhakti, Raja, Hatha Yogas, Exercise, Mind Altering Substances. There's an enormous toolbox to play with, but you need to know what the toolbox is.

So many authors on this subject. Just go to the bookstore or hermetic.com etc, etc.

It's all work on the Self FIRST, one way or another. You can't get around it, you have to create change in yourself to get the change you seek.

I recently read Crowley's 0 = 2, 2 = 0 statement which completely blew everything wide open as to how I think about this whole thing.

If you want to "contact entities" or "reach god" it's fairly obvious you must make yourself a vessel for receiving that transmission.
>>
I've been practicing mantras lately, seems to create a sonic resonance within the body.

Robert Anton Wilson called it a mental windshield wiper. "Hamadi Shamadi, Hamadi Shamadi..."
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.