[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Premonitions in Dreams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1472974302262-368585239.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1472974302262-368585239.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
I'm currently doing some research. Has anyone here ever had a dream about a personal future event? The event can be insignificant or major.

What age were you? What happened? How long did it take to happen from the time you had the dream to when it came true in reality? Was there any differences between the dream and reality? Have you ever researched this subject before?
Anything you would like to add?

Thanks guise!
>>
>>18093459
When I was like 10 I used to dream about my day before my day happened. And then my day would happen.

It was really boring.

Stopped remembering the dreams after about, eh, maybe a week maybe 10 days of long, boring dreams about having a normal day in school?

Not exciting enough to be worth remembering.
>>
I always have felt I have dreamt about a situation that has happened but most of the time it's just the feeling of deja vu
>>
>>18093459
Never really had any in dreams that I can recall, but I've had something similar where there'll be some event or situation I'll imagine happening a few times, and later on (usually at least a few weeks, sometimes even months) it'll happen with astounding similarity to what I imagined, sometimes even down to verbatim sentences said by people involved.

Never anything really significant, but definitely unsettling. I always wonder if I predicted it or caused it to happen by imagining
>>
I don't remember any of them, the dream or the outcome, though I can hardly remember what I was doing five hours ago, so there's that.

Any time I have any realistic or vivid dreams, it'll happen about 3-5 months later, sometimes longer. I'll kinda recognize it and think "well damn" and then move on.
>>
OP here.
http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-11/precognition-research-shows-human-mind-can-perceive-future

This is an interesting article I found
>>
I died once. Actually twice. But the first time, I didn't have anything happen except for drain bamage. Second time I had a 'vision' about how I would die for real. 100% convinced I die in the passenger seat of a car. I still have nightmares about my death. Don't know if it's just dmt fragments or fact, but I'm convinced. No proof at all. But if I can get to /x/ after I die, I'll be sure to tell you what's up.
>>
>>18093459
Yes. I've been having them since I was about six years old.

They weren't anything majorly impressive; I couldn't forecast events before they occurred for example. But when they did happen, I would instantly remember that I'd dreamed about it long in advance. And I'd know this to be true, because the exact same feelings, down to the temperature, the smell, and what I was thinking at the time in the dream, would be replicated in real life.

I know what deja vu is. This was definitely not deja vu. This was, for lack of a better term, -feeling- a moment months or even years in advance. For example, I had a dream when I was probably 16 about being on a plane flying into Boston, and I remembered the plane banking to the right with the sun coming through the windows and the captain saying a few words. Then I'd look to my right and see my dad sitting next to me with a blue shirt on reading a book.

That exact moment occurred 8 years later, with the pilot saying exactly what I'd dreamed, and my dad was wearing a blue shirt reading a book. That might not seem like a big deal to you, but it honestly made my blood run cold.

I don't think others realize just how deflating it is to know that fate, or at least certain portions of it, appears to be already written.
>>
>>18094532
Interesting, it seems to only happen to the yung'uns
>>
I'm going to die on september 31st apparently.
>>
Age about late teens, I dreamt I was flying over the local steel works and it had been demolished. Rubble had been neatly arranged in separate piles. This was the late 70's when the thought of shutting down a steel plant was unheard of, Britain still had a strong steel industry. Some 8 or so years later I went back to my home town and found the steel works had been demolished. From a bridge over a railway I looked down on exactly the scene I had seen in my dream, with the piles of rubble neatly arranged.
>>
Night of July 5, 2013. Have vivid dream about airplane crashing. July 6, 2013. Asiana Airlines Flight 214 crashes. No personal connection to it but I happened to learn about it when I was visiting my Dad and I was definitely spooked.
>>
31 in 2013.
>>
>>18095634
Why was the place demolished? If it was in the 70's that is very strange.
>>
I've had premonitions through dreams since I was about 8 averaging about 40 a year. I have been able to find a few other people that also have premonitions, and one thing we have all shared is that all of our memories are from s third person perspective
>>
>>18093459
Mm yes yes this has happened to me too. I didn't know if it happened to anyone else, I'm glad to hear it.

I've experienced deja vu moments that I distinctly remember being in my dreams before. A lot of these events occurred about 4 or 5 years after the dream. I remember dreaming about some of the days I'm having right now around the time I was going between middle and high school
>>
>>18094532
This sounds a lot like what I experience!

I'm >>18096341
>>
>>18093459
Been having them for as long as I can remember, just little random events, sometimes I'll even get the date, I keep track of it all in my dream journal
They stopped six months ago, and the events in them have been happening at a faster pace than they used to.
This worries me for obvious reasons.
>>
>>18096348
>>18096384
Same thing here, but like I said, mine have stopped.
Just to be sure it wasn't deja vu I kept the journal, and it's legit
So having then stop makes me think I'm going to die or something
>>
>>18093459
It was so weird, I had this dream about being raped by my room mate. 3 days later I had this dejavu moment where I heard this soft voice from behind say "Good night sweet prince" and then I passed out only to have my pants at my ankles and my ass hurted. Do you think I could have avoided the situation or that I wanted it to happen cuz I dreamed it.
>>
>>18096403
OP here. I also kept a dream journal. One of my premonitions that I wrote down came true. It was just a moment in a park where I was looking at someone walking under a streetlight.

This phenomenon is very strange. I don't know how one could go about experimenting this.

It makes me believe that everyone's life just repeats forever or that all of time is simultaneous.
>>
>>18096403
Also, I don't think you'll die. I think it just has something to do with how young ones mind is.

This is why I think everyone's life repeats. Because when you are in a loop the closer you are to the beginning you are also very close to the end. Images from the previous cycle bleed from the subconscious mind while you are asleep.

Something like that...I have no evidence and this theory is a bit of a stretch but, to me, it makes sense.
>>
I remember a part of a dream where a group of bikers were carrying easter baskets. A year and some change later I was over in Illinois waiting on someone and across the street there were like 5 dudes on bikes with easter baskets
>>
I've had this happen to me many times in my life, probably starting about 5 years old and they have ranged from the next day to months in advance. I have some times noticed it in advanced and not said what i recall. Hasnt happened in a while probably all the weed
>>
When I was really young like 4 or 5 I remember having this dream where I was exploring a cave or some shit and I found this half rotten cyborg thing that rolled around on a single wheel and basically it followed me around where ever I went and eventually I turned and looked it down and it tried to mouth something to me and hug me but it was broken so the rusted metal of its arm ripped my back and I don't remember anything after or before
>>
>>18095980
My dates are off. I checked and it was early 90's it was demolished. I thought I had the dream while I was living at home. But the main point is at the time I had the dream there was no threat to the steelworks so I wasn't just concerned about it or aware of potential closure.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.