[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Empath?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1460080098522.jpg (861KB, 3125x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1460080098522.jpg
861KB, 3125x2500px
Hi folks, I'm curious about this Empath term I've been hearing about and I think it was vaguely mentioned here months ago. Are they a legitimate thing or some new age bullshit?

Recently strange things have been happening to me and I think it's because I moved away from a negative emotional household and essentially have changed from an extremely recluse person who maybe had 6-8 friends for 99% of his life to someone who has influence in all the communities from the fraternities/sororities, lgbt group, the campus police department, teachers, hicks, niggers, I play the middle man between the druggies and the police even. You get the idea, I'm skeptical about the empath thing but like 2 different people I never met before mentioned that I'm an empath so after a google search I've noticed it describes me uncannily well but I don't want to think of it as some special snowflake thing. There's a reasonable explanation about this, right?
>>
>>18093227
Empath= Energetically sensitive, plain and simple. Originally, the term (not the words, the idea behind it) was associated with the ability to work with /all/ forms of energy, rather than specifically a single given element. Hope this helps!
>>
>>18093263
That was one way I looked at it, it sounds like something a lot of people can learn to do but other people say it's a threshold and you're either one or not. Could you go deeper into /all/ forms of energy? Is it the same as just picking out particular aspects in someone's current mood
>>
>>18093361
It means you do not need to decypher the typology of energy projected in any direction. Some say "fire" or "earth" or "water" etc... To an empath, all is energy. Same thing with "Positive" or "Negative." It is all energy (and positive/negative can be seen for what it is by observing not the ideas you get from the energy itself, but by its effects in terms of physical as well as spiritual. After the mental associations have been cleared out, and i HIGHLY recommend reading Gurdjieff's Beelzebub's Tales to his Grandson for that, you can observe the mental state of positive/negative as well.) Having realized this, it is possible to use energy as "taking in" and "pushing out," or in another idea, "Absorption" and "Projection." Again, try to see the MEANING behind the words, rather than seeing the words. Hope this helps!
>>
>>18093383
I never had a problem seeing the allegory in text and music, I'll definitely make note to check it out. Do you think it explains how easy it's been to manipulate people and create trusts with them so quickly? I was never a social person but I feel like with the strong foothold I have at the moment will call forth temptation to abuse the power along the road. There aren't so special skills or abilities that have other practical uses are there? I'm just curious at this point, I'm hoping to keep the momentum with the community here. It's incredibly exhausting however, I haven't had any time to recharge from all the interactions I've been doing. Each person is like a book that I can study and observe and find new things about every time. I don't pry but people seem open to share their problems with me. One problem I've noticed is that when I stare at people I feel like I'm staring at prey at times when they're showing weakness, weighing the benefits of forming a meaningful relationship with them or feasting on them (using them for selfish benefits) So far I've been able to get money and free drugs/booze out of it but no one's emotions have been harmed. Finding mutual benefit seems to be a talent I suppose? Sorry for rambling too, you've been awesome helpful
>>
> I feel like I'm staring at prey at times

so you're a sociopath?

if you're an empath, you can feel emotional environments
>>
>>18093263
>>18093383
Couldn't of explained better myself. Good job anon.
>>
>>18093227
i can feel where someone feel pain qhwn i massage them, it helps my work really well,
>>
bumping because I'm curious about how many empaths browse /x/ and if there's more information about controlling whatever abilities may be involved.

>>18093593
There's a difference between the way I observe some people and being a sociopath. Emotions have always been easy to pick up on and normally I try to encourage people to feel better because negative emotions are contagious to me. However, I'm in awe by some people and find myself beaming with their own happiness and sometimes pride, other times I see myself in people who have trouble in their lives and can even produce tears if their pain is on a deep level. I believe the staring thing to be just unfamiliar to be because I feel that I might be in a higher position in power which has never happened before in my life until now.

Basically I'm aware of the -potential- to cause harm when people are exposing themselves to me. Doesn't take away from my experience that I sympathize with their stories and feel the impact of said stories from their perspective as if I've been there before myself.

>>18094050
You do massages? I have 3 medical licenses and I'm double majoring in occuptional and physical therapy. Do you think this empath thing is a highly valuable skill? I still feel like it's just a term for being sensitive with emotional energy, which kind of sucks considering that I have to constantly guard my emotions from unnecessary pain
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.