[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

telekinesis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 17

File: 1472705924653.gif (476KB, 350x188px) Image search: [Google]
1472705924653.gif
476KB, 350x188px
Alright lets talk telekinesis. I know some will scream it's pic related, but I wanna know: how do you get it? Are you born with it? How do you train it?
>>
I believe in it.

I wonder what kind of life those people lead? Do the government take them to some secret place to be trained?
>>
>>18088799
That depends on if they get caught. I'm surprised no one went Carrie or Jean grey on a group of people. Perhaps the feds covered it up
>>
File: akira_tetsuo-300x162.png (82KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
akira_tetsuo-300x162.png
82KB, 300x162px
>>18088809
Yeah, or like in Akira or something
>>
>>18088793
I think it is bs, not because i can't possible imagine some1 doing it, but because with that kind of power they don't need to hide from no1, they could just kill us all, movies tend to think that weapons can solve any tread but a telekinesis user with the ability of stopping bullets or killing / controlling everyone would be so terrifying not even armed persons would like to defy
>>
Maybe it's real but the government found out a way to tell if a baby will have powers and those babies are automatically aborted. That's why no one has powers anymore lol.
>>
File: 1471792486261.gif (2MB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
1471792486261.gif
2MB, 320x384px
>>18088793
I have to write a paper on the phenomenon.
Any good resources? The sticky isn't helpful. (any information connecting telekinesis and the occult would be especially helpful).
>>
>>18088897
Or maybe hidden side effects of alcoholism, over sexualization and all the energy lost due to long work ours tend to leave the human body drain and only emitting 'low' wavelength brain waves. Were as things like PK abilities require ultra high frequency brainwaves. People being measured with similar abilities show brain activity above that of an epileptic having a fit
>>
>>18088819
I don't wanna be tetsuo. I'm already kinda chubby, and I dint wanna get powers and evolve into a fat hambeast
>>
>>18088793
I have to wonder if you faggots realize what a gigantic breakthrough telekinesis would be for humanity and what amazing implications it would have.
You found out this almost magical ability and then proceeded to do nothing with it and sometimes casually post about it on an imageboard or low quality youtube videos?
Fuck off, not even those that claim to have it really believe it.
>>
>>18088988
OP here. Yeah that's part of why I'm asking. If telekinetics were real I doubt the government will have a tight leash on them.
>>
It's possible, but i don't think a human has the capacity to control it. Or rather, we don't have the perception for it. it'd be like us trying to understand what it means to die and become non-existent, we just can't comprehend. therefore, if it does it exist, it would only happen in times of great stress, physical or emotional, and then we wouldn't be able to replicate it at will. Just my two cents on the topic.
>>
>>18088886
That only works if they're a master at the power. In reality, IF someone managed to do it, it'd probably be far more like:
>set up something really light like a torn-off corner of paper napkin
>sit and transmit at it for 5 hours
>it finally floats up 1/2-centimeter
>forgets to set up video camera bc too busy concentrating on napkin piece with every single neuron, so no proof
>spends the next few days in bed exhausted from the mental exertion
>>
>>18089270
I don't know about you, but if I was sure it floated in that scenario it would compel me to either do it over and over again until it gets stronger or to at least do it again with the proper setup to record evidence.
>>
Why is moving your arm not telekinesis, throwing a ball with your arm not telekinesis, yet throwing a ball without your arm telekinesis?

The reason humans can't figure it out, is exactly the same reason why they believe that they are discrete individuals, and not receptacles for streams of consciousness.

Before you transition into becoming a receptacle for streams of consciousness, a lot of weird shit happens first. Thus, there are social barriers in place that inadvertently teach people to think in terms of particles, instead of waves. So, you get egghead scientists who know the theories for it, but don't apply it into their understanding of their own bodies. And you get backwoods mystics who are hunted by the government for unrelated reasons, but casually apply telekinesis because nobody ever explained to them that they can't... yet couldn't be arsed to give a lecture to a bunch of western college students in an auditorium on physics principles involved.

If you wanna' learn it, your best bet is to head to southeast Asia, and devote your life to becoming what is described in English as a "faith healer" for poor people, asking no money, and not getting involved with any camera crews that come snooping around, asking what you powders you've been putting in your tea, and if they can stick electrodes on your skin.

That's the truth. Sorry if it makes sense, is probably self evident, yet doesn't fit with the Official Story. That'll be reality for ya'.
>>
>>18089281
>The reason humans can't figure it out
What the fuck are you talking about, we have direct electrical connections with little cables called nerves that make the muscles in your arms contract. This is well understood
>>
>>18088909
how long would you have to abstain from alcohol and sexual images and not work before it manifested
>>
>>18089287
>This is well understood

Wow. That's a relief. Looks like I was wrong. It's a good thing this is well understood, because I don't understand it at all.

Can you please tell me what the empirically measurable experiment is to tell if two things have direct contact or not?
>>
>>18089287
But you directly control the charge through the nerves and ultimately as such control the field generated, and energy does on need "cables" to run through can be transmitted wirelessly
>>
File: tumblr_m3cvkrggil1r6f4rx.gif (531KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3cvkrggil1r6f4rx.gif
531KB, 250x354px
>>18089320
Clever.

I wonder if the first forms of telekinesis that manifest in every society is nerve : nerve connections with other beings first.

I wonder if this severely freaks people out, and forms a sociological barrier that needs to surpassed somehow, before more general forms of telekinesis such as nerve : blood or nerve : blood : water can take place.

I wonder if there's a children's cartoon that tries to explain this, without scaring anybody by letting it exist in the land of fiction, before it enters the world of irrefutable reality.
>>
>>18089312

The absence of something is not the proof for something else, anon.

You say telekinesis is real? Then prove it.
>>
>>18089312
>Can you please tell me what the empirically measurable experiment is to tell if two things have direct contact or not?
Whatever you call direct contact is irrelevant, what is relevant is the mechanism of action. We know structures like nerves can pass electricity.
I know you inevitably want to lead in to some unrelated unsubstantiated bullshit though, and that the first question wasn't really a question.
>>18089320
Luckily we can calculate the amount of energy this kind of work needs, and that we'd need to be drinking gasoline or something to be able to send that much energy out our skulls through the air instead of through low resistance nerves.
>>
Use the Force. Duh.
>>
>>18089296
Hard to say since you also have bloodline and personal health to take into account. Some can develope abilities extremely fast and others can train a lifetime and see no result.
I'll put it this way, no child should grow up to be weaker than their parents, this is the objective of evolution, humans however have created systems to take the difficulties out of living Like survival. So noe inevitably the human race will spiral into a weakened evolutionary state due to all the artificial systems we have in place to take work away from humans.
One must train body mind and spirit.
Body is obviously physical, you must be strong and agile
Mind is obviously mental ability, you must be still and sharp minded.
Spirit is your will, your ability to push past your physical limits, your will to keep going, your will to never give up.
When all 3 exist in harmony one can begin the internal path
>>
>>18089263
Bhuddah and the Venerable Cloud of Bhuddisatvahs in Heaven accept your offering of 21st century copper coins.
>>
>>18089343
Wow. Talk about moving goal posts. Here you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_at_a_distance

Now go ahead and tell me how that doesn't count as REAL telekinesis, so you can move your goal posts back another 10m, and we'll keep going, until I make you say some dumb shit like reality isn't real, or whatever. I'm ready, let's do this.
>>
>>18089346
>Luckily we can calculate the amount of energy this kind of work needs, and that we'd need to be drinking gasoline or something to be able to send that much energy out our skulls through the air instead of through low resistance nerves.

Math plz.

I happen to know you're wrong about that statement. It doesn't take more energy to accelerate an object that is 10^0m away than it does an object that is 10^-9m away.
>>
>>18089287
kek
>>
>>18089363

Nothing in your article discusses the ability of humans to move objects with their mind, anon.

Here are things to look at, by the way:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse-square_law
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momentum#Conservation
>>
>>18089346
>Whatever you call direct contact is irrelevant,

As I said, your brains aren't developed enough to able to comprehend what telekinesis is.

>>18089281
>The reason humans can't figure it out, is exactly the same reason why they believe that they are discrete individuals, and not receptacles for streams of consciousness.

You don't have a definition of direct vs. indirect contact. You wouldn't be able to notice telekinesis if it was happening all around you, all the time. Thus, you cannot train in how to do it, because you can't know if what you're doing increases, or decreases the efficacy of your attempts.

>The reason humans can't figure it out, is exactly the same reason why they believe that they are discrete individuals, and not receptacles for streams of consciousness.

Well. Nobody ever learned anything without putting forth the effort to. So be it.
>>
>>18089371
Are you perhaps talking about the energy needed to move it and now taking into account how the energy gets there?
>10^0m
Cool way to write "1m" I guess.
>>
>>18089380
The retard is trying to redefine the term so it works.
>>
File: 36e2d842-8d2b-11e4-_827218c.jpg (44KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
36e2d842-8d2b-11e4-_827218c.jpg
44KB, 620x413px
>>18089371
we'd need to be drinking gasoline or something to be able to send that much energy out our skulls
>>
>>18089380
>Nothing in your article discusses the ability of humans to move objects with their mind,
Oookay.

Do you move your arm with your mind, or do you not move your arm with your mind?

Here are your options:
- yes
- no

Don't give me any third gendered bullshit replies. You can add commentary afterwards. Yes or no, do you move your arm with your mind?
>>
File: 1405068356145.png (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1405068356145.png
25KB, 400x400px
>>18089392

>
noun
1. the purported ability to move or deform inanimate objects, as metal spoons, through mental processes.
>>
>>18089334
http://gostica.com/spiritual-lifestile/qi-gong-master-demonstrates-chi-rare-footage-shocking-power-posses/

I literally masturbate to science
>>
>>18089394
Direct the energy you radiate outwards that goes to the objects you didn't want to affect telepathically back into your skull.

Very basic engineering concept--uptake unused energy. What is a jet engine?
>>
Is a one-inch punch telekinesis?
>>
>>18089395

I deny your options, and supplement with my own: I don't know.

But you so far have done absolutely nothing to prove that I move my arm with my mind, so why should I believe you?

I've put forward two laws of physics which pretty much sum up why what you're purporting is impossible. The human mind can't have any noticeable effect on the Fifth Force.
>>
>>18089398
Well, that's an interesting definition.

I use mental processes to bend spoons with my hands. Are you *sure* that's the definition you want to use for telepathy? That's not the one that I think most rational people mean when they use the word "telepathy," but if that's YOUR preference, then here you go:

Pick up a metal spoon with your hand. Send an impulse through your nerves to clench your hand in such a way that the metal spoon bends. There. According to the definition you gave me, that was telepathy.

Maybe you want to reconsider your definition. I can't really explain to you what REAL telepathy is, if you don't know what words mean, now can I? I'd have to be some kind of psychic to just beam thoughts directly into your head, without the use of proper language.
>>
>>18089413
Only because you don't know how a jet engine works. You're a very ignorant person. You're so stuck on that inverse square law business.

If you ever figure out how to get around using the inverse square law, and remember this little 4chan thread, you're going to be so embarrassed that you ever this cocky and ignorant at the same time.
>>
>>18089424

Telepathy
noun
communication between minds by some means other than sensory perception.

You couldn't take two minutes to search the internet, anon?
>>
>>18089430

Thanks for conceding defeat, charlatan.
>>
>>18088906

>I need evidence to prove x is related to y

that's not how science works
>>
Let's test it. I'll attempt to project an image into your minds, and post the first thing you guys think of.
>>
File: 1410902003563s.jpg (4KB, 124x124px) Image search: [Google]
1410902003563s.jpg
4KB, 124x124px
>>18089447
>>
>>18089432
Okay. There is no such thing as communication without sensation in physical reality.

That definition of telepathy does not exist in physical reality.

The other one does.

I'm sure there's dozens of others which do, and dozens more which don't.
>>
>>18089450
If you said mountain, banana, grapes, or cup of tea you are correct
>>
>>18089447

go
>>
>>18089400

yeah that stuff iz zo kul
>>
>>18089465
Got it?
>>
>>18089473

no
>>
>>18089478
You didn't think of a basketball? Myth busted
>>
>>18089473
okay, what did you send
>>
>>18089451

What you're describing doesn't exist, anon. Fields can effect objects, but living beings generating a field strong enough to effect objects does not.

Physical touch does occur, and it comes from the subatomic distances in which the Strong force functions.
>>
File: psiwheel.jpg (55KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
psiwheel.jpg
55KB, 564x423px
>>18088793

>How do you train it?

Pic related. Except in a glass with vacuum (i.e. completely seal that shit to some base).

>Alright lets talk telekinesis. I know some will scream it's pic related, but I wanna know: how do you get it? Are you born with it?

It's not real.
>>
>>18089398
>inanimate objects,
>through mental processes.
>>
>>18089491
>What you're describing doesn't exist, anon.
I think you may have a learning disability or something. Maybe the people you learned from do as well.

Do you know why a jet engine is different from a propeller?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (112KB, 558x686px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
112KB, 558x686px
>>18089492
>>
>>18089528

That's for when you are really advanced bruh. The intermediate step is to spin it on your dick.
>>
>>18089520

No, why don't you tell me? :^)
>>
File: Axial_compressor.gif (172KB, 358x295px) Image search: [Google]
Axial_compressor.gif
172KB, 358x295px
>>18089548
A jet engine is almost *exactly* the same as a propeller, except for a couple differences:

-- they usually spray flammable propellent.
-- they are recursive.

I'm going to ignore the first point.

Imagine a propeller, that when it turns, simultaneously compresses the air that flows through it. Since the air is compressed, it increases the thrust from the next cycle of air that gets pushed through the propeller, in a recursive fashion.

The propeller turns the air compressor, which sucks the air backwards, turning the propeller, which turns the air compressor... etc.

That's why a jet engine is efficient. Maybe the propeller part of the engine is only 95% efficient, and maybe the air compressor part is only 90% efficient. But of the remaining 5% of the air that doesn't produce useful thrust, 90% of it gets compressed, so now you have 99.5% efficiency. And then of that 0.05%, the propeller sends about 95% backwards into a useful direction that forms thrust, and so on and so forth, until feedback manifests in the system, reducing the efficiency of the component parts. (Air that's been compressed too many times gets super tiny and requires increasingly complicated engine designs to recapture.)

That's the gist of it. So, what this means is, your concept of taking the inverse square of the distance to an object, and multiplying the thrust applied to it by that value is completely unnecessary. That's an inefficient engine design. Instead, as just a thought experiment, it's trivial to prove that just like the jet engine : propeller example, you can put the unused energy into a recursive cycle, so that the only energy that gets used is applied to the desired location, minus friction.

Do you know what is? That's standing waves. Rebounding energy off the environment and back, finding a specific harmonic frequency to apply directional thrust on an object, and that single object alone. That's a bunch of terminology to describe what a singer does to shatter a glass.
>>
File: 1194794_m.jpg (30KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
1194794_m.jpg
30KB, 597x600px
>>18089597
Now. Look dude. There's rumors of people in South East Asia who do this.

I've never been there. They don't have the same value you and I do. They don't think "Hmm, I could go to the United States and become a super hero celebrity VIP if I showed off my telekinesis skills." They're monks. They grow their own food. I doubt they have an internet connection. In their language, they don't consider what they do to be supernatural. Or so the rumors say.

So you tell me what you wanna' believe. But even so, the physics are there. The difference between moving an object with your mind and moving it with the components of the universe is just semantics. Give me a physics definition of what you think the "mind" is and I'll tell you what coordinates to put which wave frequencies to move which object.

But you can't get there, as long as you put telepathy into a box called "supernatural." The supernatural box doesn't exist. Blowing out a candle isn't supernatural.

But it's telepathy! Iunno. Git gud.
>>
>>18089597

Psychokinesis
n. To have a jet engine in the skull.

Srsly, though, a jet engine multiples thrust by adding higher velocity gas produced from combustion to the gas already moving through the engine from the turbine.

The jet engine functions because the thrust overcomes the resistance of the air around it. It's Newton's Third Law, and doesn't have anything to do with resonance you imbecile.

>propeller example, you can put the unused energy into a recursive cycle, so that the only energy that gets used is applied to the desired location, minus friction.

1. Energy is not a gas.
2. Unused energy is lost as heat, as per thermodynamics
3. Unless spinning your arms really fast in a spiral allows you to fly, then the body can't make a recursive cycle fast enough to do anything other than move air around.

>>18089619

>So you tell me what you wanna' believe.

How about shit that's actually real?

>The difference between moving an object with your mind and moving it with the components of the universe is just semantics.

No, it isn't. We have limited access to the "components of the Universe", which is the reason we aren't able to use psychokinesis in the first place.

>But you can't get there, as long as you put telepathy into a box called "supernatural." The supernatural box doesn't exist.

You chastise me for arguing semantics, and then argue semantics.

>Blowing out a candle isn't supernatural.

Nor is it psychokinesis.
>>
>>18089438
Fuck off faggot.
Im just looking for information to read and cite in my paper.

You're on fucking /x/ don't tell me that you know about even a fraction of how actual science works.
>>18088906
Now, is there anyone ITT more knowledgeable about this than I am...
Just anything where telekinesis is mentioned in the context of Magick or occult worship.
>>
>1. Energy is not a gas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photon_gas

Care to try again? (The joke is that you knew I wasn't *ACTUALLY* implying that energy was a gas, and that you intentionally scrambled up my words to make a silly statement that sounded implausible. But actually, it *is* in fact a valid model of energy that's been used by engineers.)

>2. Unused energy is lost as heat, as per thermodynamics
Or pressure, which spins the propeller, as I described.

>3. Unless spinning your arms really fast in a spiral allows you to fly, then the body can't make a recursive cycle fast enough to do anything other than move air around.

You're an idiot. I'm trying to explain why the inverse square law isn't the correct equation to determine the efficiency of an engine system. If it were, then jets wouldn't fly.
>>
Not sure wether to belive it or not but if you are interested here
https://youtube.com/watch?v=2H_g9r44Tpc
>>
>>18089710
Buddhist monks in southeast Asia, who don't consider it supernatural.

Supernatural is kind of a western invention. You have first believe in things that don't exist, in order to ask "Do the things which don't exist, actually exist!?" That's a level of insanity that Asian languages can't support. So I don't know if this qualifies as "magick or occult worship."

It's where the most rumors of the phenomena come from, however.
>>
>>18089734
Its relative anon. Everything is.

Thats the first thing you should learn on /x/. Theres is no correct way to perceive the universe.

Just like how the meaning of "myth" used to not include our own religion. So forgive my semantics when I say occult. I mean relative to the common western POV.
>>
>>18089760
They use their voices. It is a skill.

I could build you a machine that does the same thing. Others have, before me.
>>
File: 1456268694869.png (3MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1456268694869.png
3MB, 720x1280px
>>18088793
It doesn't work when you believe it works. It works when you know it works. In order to obtain a perspective necessary to maitain the frequency of your thoughts steadily and long enough for this to work you need to develop a much deeper understanding of how world, life and energy works. Training without understanding what you're doing rarely provides effects. But when you know how your thoughts affect what you perceive and you tested it over and over and it works and you know it like your name you will be able to feels your vibration focusing like a laser beam and you will know what to do. Basicly when you look at something for at least 17 seconds you attach its vibration to yours. Telekinesis happens when you maniupulate the frequency of your energetic field and the frequency of the object and make it the same (using your emotions wich you manipulate with your thoughts)- the object kinda becomes a part of your body, and you can manipulate it as easily as you can stretch your energetic field (as long as you can stay in thr rigth frequency). I hope it will help, it may seem a little weird, but in your lifetime this stuff will be common knowledge.
>>
Telekinesis isn't real
>>
>>18090598
Fortunately, neither is your existence, so the two kinda' balance out.
>>
>>18089424
>I'd have to be some kind of psychic to just beam thoughts directly into your head, without the use of proper language.

or you'd use the internet. alien cunt.
>>
>>18089424
The deffinition only states mental process, not physical, thus your definition would be incorrect.

(P.S. I hope to god you are baiting)
>>
File: ztX3mMi.png (329KB, 400x468px) Image search: [Google]
ztX3mMi.png
329KB, 400x468px
>>18090617
So, are you saying that we're using language right now, or the internet? Which one?
>>
>>18090647
I am not baiting.

If moving your arm doesn't qualify as being a mental process, according to your understanding of the term, then please name me one example of what you DO consider a mental process.
>>
>>18088793
Shouldn't the first questions you be asking is, did anybody demonstrate it and who are they?
>>
>>18090656
Moving your hand is biophysical, it's neurological, not mental, it's a mechanical process through bio-electric and chemical interaction at a base level. A mental process is pure though without other anatomical interactions. Nice try though, but your logic is like that of a preschooler being cheeky.
>>
>>18089270
Not mention that the observer affects the outcome so if you are trying to prove your power to an overly negative person they might literally make it impossible for you to do it when they are watching.

Telekinesis is real but for 99.999999% of all people its just easier to move shit with your hand.
>>
>>18088793
Certain Crystals can help you during meditation to work on it. I believe jesus wasnt Gods actual son but he was a magician taught the hermetic sciences and he mastered these abilities
>>
>>18088793
telekinesis isn't real
anyone ITT who thinks they have telekinetic powers can go to James Randi's house and prove it for $1,000,000, but until then i don't believe you.
>>
>>18090672
I specifically requested that you give me ONE example of an action in reality that is mental, and not physical.
>>
>>18091631
>Muh James Randi.
Oh Golly.
>>
>>18091631
You're letting James Randi convince you that every one's highest value is money. That's kind of funny.

It's funny, because you THINK you're being skeptical, but in reality you're letting a stranger control your belief systems, which is the opposite of skepticism.
>>
>>18088793
>How do you get it?
How do you deadlift 200kg? You start with the bar. Put a glass of water on the table and sit in front of it. Stare at it and think about making the water tremble. Do it every day for a full hour.

>Are you born with it?
No. Anything capable of complex thought can do it.

>How do you train it?
See above. You practice, consistently. Doubt will not stop you from picking up the weight if you know how to pick it up.
>>
>>18091835
Money, the inherent compulsion we have to share cool things, selflessness and wanting to help other people get a deeper understanding of themselves and the universe, a revolutionary spirit and wanting to usher a new era for humanity, accomplishing an unprecedented scientific breakthrough.

Any of these would compel anyone but the dullest retards on earth to provide some solid evidence for these things.
>>
File: drevil_cover.jpg (25KB, 578x258px) Image search: [Google]
drevil_cover.jpg
25KB, 578x258px
>>18092086
Yah, and there's like a couple thousand billionaires in the world who'd pay a wee bit more than just $1,000,000 (not deductible) to own a psychic. Plus, they wouldn't even put your name in all the papers, and have you assassinated by whatever superstitious Christ fag comes along claiming "IT'S THE WERK O' THE DEEVIL!"

Do you really think telekinesis is worth a buck? Come on now. Get real dude.

This isn't the 60s anymore.
>>
>>18092111
Oh no, there's risks to things. And you missed all the other parts other than money too.

Basically if you have this sort of knowledge and you really think there's a risk on revealing it for some reason, then you just go full Snowden you fucking coward.
>>
>>18092121
Well. You did get double dubs, so I guess I can spend a little time with you, if you're actually willing to learn, and aren't just here to expel your pre-established opinion like built up gas.

Do you know what physical component you would use to move a magnet?
>>
>>18092139
I don't know what you think my pre-established opinion is, I'm saying show the evidence if you have it then I'll believe it, you know, the approach I take to everything.
>Do you know what physical component you would use to move a magnet?
I'm not sure what you mean by this nor how to answer it.
>>
>>18092155
Alright. I'll teach you.

If you want to move a magnet, the easiest item to move it with is a magnet.

Now, let's take this concept to the domain of the human body. We know that neurotransmitters are used to activate neurotransmitters. If you don't know this, then go read up on neurotransmitters, or take my word for it.

Okay. So. If magnets are used to move magnets, then what do you suppose is the first physical molecule that people with telekinetic aptitude first learn to manipulate outside of their own body?
>>
>>18092171
Other neurotransmitters? Are you implying manipulating other people's brains?

I'd like to point out that magnets move magnets, and metals, and anything magnetized, due to electromagnetic fields which we can detect and measure.
Is the same true for your neurotransmitter example?
>>
File: 100000-burmese-monks.jpg (106KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
100000-burmese-monks.jpg
106KB, 750x500px
>>18092183
>Other neurotransmitters?
That is correct.

>Are you implying manipulating other people's brains?
No. I am talking about manipulating neurotransmitters that exist in places. If you can manipulate them, they're not really "other people's" now, are they? They may be spatially located adjacent to another person's body. They may be spatially located adjacent to another person's body with the closest adjacent neurotransmitter of your own not less than 1m away. But they're not "other people's" neurotransmitters if you can manipulate them, now are they?

>Is the same true for your neurotransmitter example?
This is equivalent to cross species' communication. Certain neurotransmitters of certain organisms are more receptive to the neurotransmitters that humans have evolved. You know what these are, but you never thought of them as neurotransmitters, or magnets of consciousness, because of the label they've been branded with.

And so, this is first. First, before you become able to move even the tiniest feather, you must deal with the interference which is 7 billion other humans on this world. Think of it like a physics model. You have one magnet,in the presence of 7 billion other magnets. You want to move a rock.

How do you project a magnetic field strong enough to move something that's barely dielectric such as a rock, without diffusing it through all that interference?

And the more important sociological aspect--what the fuck happens when people in the world realize that they can link up together, to crowd source their already god given natural telekinetic ability, that diffuses through their own body, and concentrates it on a single goal, or plan?

Do you get it yet?

>Oh shit. What if those people doing that thing we always ignored weren't actually dumber than us. What if they were smarter all along?
>>
>>18092225
This sounds interesting, but I'm not sure what you are getting at. Why are you this sure neurotransmitters can detect other neurotransmitters? How did you test this or where are you getting this from?
>what the fuck happens when people in the world realize that they can link up together, to crowd source their already god given natural telekinetic ability, that diffuses through their own body, and concentrates it on a single goal, or plan?
Something amazing that no one has done, not even those remote monks?
>>
File: animoot_tssss.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
animoot_tssss.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>18092252
>Why are you this sure neurotransmitters can detect other neurotransmitters?
BECAUSE THEY FUCKING DO!

No it's fine. I know there's some kind of mental block people on your stage of development have. No amount of logic of reasoning can get past it. I've done it a few time forcefully, and they ended up trying to kill themselves, before forgetting the conversations we had which convinced them it was possible. Rarely is a person ready to accept the possibility that they could be so vulnerable. It's fine. Probably for the best.

But dude.

>Why are you this sure neurotransmitters can detect other neurotransmitters?
For fucking real? What makes me think that the part of the body which detects the other parts of the body like it detects the other parts of the body like it?

Mmm, I dunno. I guess you could just call it a hunch.
>>
>>18092261
How would that be for the best?
You do realize your personal experiences are not discernible from a guy rambling about getting abducted and talking to giants at this point right?

For the neurotransmitters thing, you are acting like they are this smart agent because you think they are one thing, they are multiple chemical compounds that react in different ways when they come into contact with other chemicals. This special property you are assigning to them doesn't make much sense when it's just a broad term for the chemicals our brain uses.
>>
>>18092225
Even if it works like that, why would you have to contend with the consciousness of 7 billion others? If you were isolated in nature no human mind would even know of your presence, unless you were sending out look at me!
>>
>>18092292
Welp, sounds like you're too smart to teach anything to. Have fun with that.
>>
>>18092332
That was it? A shallow misrepresentation of how neurotransmitters work ?
I was expecting more man.
I'm a very curious person, I have genuine curiosity for this force field that a wide array of very different carbon molecules apparently have, and how you've found out their workings.
But of course with phrases like
>Oh shit. What if those people doing that thing we always ignored weren't actually dumber than us. What if they were smarter all along?
you just want people to go along with your arrogance of supposedly having figured out uncommon, without going into depth of what you supposedly know.
>before forgetting the conversations we had which convinced them it was possible
And with a convenient amnesia plot device to top it off.
>>
>>18092366
Like I said. You already know everything there is to know about neurotransmitters, from your perspective.

I can't tell anything new to a person who already believes they know everything there is to know about a topic.

Your consciousness is a rock, and nobody can change that. Good job. You entered the state of mind that makes you safe from the influence of others' consciousness.
>>
>>18088909
>ultra high frequency brainwaves

Kek
>>
>>18092541
I haven't implied anything close to a deep knowledge of neurotransmitters or neurology in general. I've given you a basic description of what they are, that's it.
What a tactic though, dismiss someone not mindlessly following what you say and questioning your claims as a knowitall.
>You entered the state of mind that makes you safe from the influence of others' consciousness.
You've given zero reasons to believe the consciousness of others affects yours, just pointing out that this shielding only makes sense from your point of view.
>>
>>18089395
Ur a fucking idiot
>>
>>18092673
So easily deluded into arrogance simply by the way someone phrases something. It's not like what he said isn't true. The brain communicates through frequencies of varying oscillation. What's funny about that? Hehe "ultra-high!". Dumbfuck
>>
>>18092711
>The brain communicates through frequencies of varying oscillation
Double kek
>>
>>18088793
Telekinesis is Karl Pilkington!
>>
>>18092688
>You've given zero reasons to believe the consciousness of others affects yours, just pointing out that this shielding only makes sense from your point of view.
What is solipsism?

You have the consciousness of a rock. Congratulations.
>>
>>18090604
Stupidest thing I've ever heard, no such thing as individual existence belonging to people, it's only one existence.

Get educated, delusionalfag
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.