[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know of any abandoned/spoopy/haunted places near me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: PH-110309997.jpg (117KB, 900x704px) Image search: [Google]
PH-110309997.jpg
117KB, 900x704px
Hey x/ I'm here in search of abandoned, spoopy, or otherwise scary places in eastern PA, and western NJ. Pic included is Birchwood resort, it was closed down in 2009, and has since been abandoned. It was bought by C.Castle, but they can't develop the site because of residents' concerns. Eric Frien was as actually found inside the hanger on the property.
>>
Centralia can be odd.

There is a tiny abandoned cemetery on the Appalachian Trail north of Harrisburg.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/80374063?source=wapi&referrer=kh.google.com

All sorts of stuff in the Coal Region. You can still find abandoned mines.
>>
I've been to Centralia, but people made a big thing out of it (hotdog vendors and stuff like that).
I've also been to Clinton road, shades of death road, Penn hills, an abandoned train bridge over the Delaware where you can climb inside the arches, and devil's tower in Alpine, NJ. A few others as well, just not coming to mind right now. I've never actually seen anything. It's just that everyone I'm with Sikes each other and end up scaring ourselves that way.
>>
>>18086273

I have never seen a hot dog vendor in Centralia....
>>
>>18086273
When did you go?

Last time I was there it was pretty inactive.
>>
I went about 2 months ago. The hot dog vendor was at the end of the closed off highway. It was just one of those trailers vendors use.
>>
>>18086367
Ah, makes sense. I went in the winter.
>>
Yeah. It's probably a lot better looking in the winter time seeing the steam coming up and all. It kinda sucks that I've exploerd all the places that I know of close to me. I've heard there are other shades of death roads over in Jersey, but I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to be haunted.
>>
>>18086430
Where are you located?
>>
610/484 area code. Nazareth, PA. You?
>>
>>18086529
From the Schuylkill County area, near Harrisburg area now.
>>
I'm guessing there isn't much up by you?
>>
>>18086542
Harrisburg area not really, and if it exists I don't really know it. The whole area from Harrisburg back to the Coal Region has tons of creepy back roads that are good for at least driving around at night listening to Coast to Coast AM.

Outside of Pottsville there is an old Indian campground that people find Native items every now and then. Not really weird but that whole valley hasn't changed much since those days.

Jim Thorpe is a cool town. Cute chicks too.
>>
Thanks. I'll definitely check out the back roads. Pottsville isn't too crazy far away, and yeah I bet it does.
>>
>>18086568
The old St. Nicholas Breaker is worth checking out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Nicholas_Breaker
>>
That actually looks really cool. Have you ever been? If yes, is it heavily patrolled or does it have any security systems, (cameras/motion detectors) or is it in plain view from a main road?
>>
Actually it states that it's been "dismantled." That sucks.
>>
>>18086557
I used to live on North 3rd and Maclay, two blocks back from the river.

Harrisburg is a weird town; their social division seems to be by block. One city block can be total ghetto with trash everywhere and broken down houses and literally the next block over has manicured lawns and really expensive condos. My cheap-ass $450 a month single-bedroom was about five houses down from the governor's mansion.

I was there during the winter storm and subsequent spring thaw that destroyed the Walnut Street walking bridge. Fun times.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.